Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DreadArchangel

Royal navy missions

23 comments in this topic

[DC-DK]
Players
1,959 posts
22,862 battles

New patch tomorrow however I wouldn't expect anything before Friday

[PUPSI]
Players
6,147 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, DreadArchangel sagte:

How come their not up yet, their usually up on wednesday ?? 

as announced (with 0.7.9.) with an update the first two stages beginn both on Thursday

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts

Annoying, I need 4 more Guineas to be done with this annoying grind so I can ignore the rest of the chain (it's gone way past the point of boring) and it's in a "coming soon" state unlike all the other stages.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,270 posts
14,283 battles
1 hour ago, hgbn_dk said:

New patch tomorrow however I wouldn't expect anything before Friday

Last patch we had (RN missions were up) we got them Thursday..   Just short 4 Guinness.. My cassock is almost in port :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,921 posts
8,281 battles

Hi all,

31 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Just short 4 Guinness.. My cassock is almost in port :Smile_honoring:

Same here... got 10 Guineas for 0.80 Euro at the start (just in case)... :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

Players
46 posts
7,650 battles

Everybody does, thats why on this sunday will be flood of cossacks in battles, i missed one guinie so i will skip and probably bring radar.

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,270 posts
14,283 battles
12 minutes ago, Yamato942 said:

Everybody does, thats why on this sunday will be flood of cossacks in battles, i missed one guinie so i will skip and probably bring radar.

Yep rule number 1 of World of warships.. ne tech tree released bring the counter.. new prem released bring the counter.. will have her in port but will just look to see how pretty she is for a while before i bring her out..

• Cool 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,461 posts
15 minutes ago, Yamato942 said:

Don't worry. At least I will need an additional week before I have the ship in my port. I took the liberty to attend to a convention and to run a charity event inbetween, so I wasn't able to gain all the Guineas.

Once I do have the ship I will take another break from the game. I'm exhausted. The week and a half (or will it be two and half?) between me gaining the ship and the christmas patch hitting the servers will hopefully give me the strength to endure the holiday season grind. I might miss getting the Dreadnought though. I doubt that I'll complete 40 daily mission chains in december. I'll not play 6+ matches per day on an almost daily basis.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,002 posts
16,728 battles
59 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Last patch we had (RN missions were up) we got them Thursday..   Just short 4 Guinness.. My cassock is almost in port :Smile_honoring:

Same, but for me is a Coksuk.

Beta Tester
1,882 posts
2,083 battles

I bought the Cossack for irl money when she came out. I just haven't got the time to spare for that kind of grind, and I was curious about the ship. I like the general game design behind the British destroyers, and having a gunboat with four twin turrets seemed like it could be fun. And so it is, I suppose, although tier VIII matchmaking is so very painful these days, especially with all the radars. The Haida is a much more versatile ship, with her moving smoke, and tier VII matchmaking is a dream in comparison.

• Cool 1

[OGHF]
Players
544 posts
10,411 battles
52 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Same here... got 10 Guineas for 0.80 Euro at the start (just in case)... :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apollo11"

Yep, so did I, far to good a deal not to take advantage of, 10 for the price  of 1, can not remember how long it was on for.

[PIKAS]
Beta Tester
1,261 posts
5,624 battles

AND thursday will bring the Cossack buff.......i guess i will leave mine in port for some time. Iguess there will be a lot of them. It will be a sort of a new „yellow turret Bismarck“ i fear.

Beeing curious how the stats will develop - in the moment they are bad, hence the buff .

[SCRUB]
Players
887 posts
7,401 battles
3 hours ago, Procrastes said:

I bought the Cossack for irl money when she came out. I just haven't got the time to spare for that kind of grind, and I was curious about the ship. I like the general game design behind the British destroyers, and having a gunboat with four twin turrets seemed like it could be fun. And so it is, I suppose, although tier VIII matchmaking is so very painful these days, especially with all the radars. The Haida is a much more versatile ship, with her moving smoke, and tier VII matchmaking is a dream in comparison.

Perhaps, but I find that Cossack performs just fine even in a tier ten meta, the only DD's she struggles to take care of in a straight fight are Aki, Kita and Haru (unsurprisingly) but you outconceal them by miles. I personally think her power level is on par with the average tier 9 DD. I mean you outconceal a Kagerou for christ sake and have quadruple her firepower, it's a disgustingly good ship even at tier 8. 

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,399 posts
14,242 battles
6 minutes ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

I mean you outconceal a Kagerou

I thought Cossack was 5.5Kms, and  Kagero is 5.4. Am I wrong?

[SCRUB]
Players
887 posts
7,401 battles
1 hour ago, JapLance said:

I thought Cossack was 5.5Kms, and  Kagero is 5.4. Am I wrong?

Kag is 5.6 I thought? I was spotting one for free at edge of my concealment the other day. 

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts
4 minutes ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Kag is 5.6 I thought? I was spotting one for free at edge of my concealment the other day. 

Nope 5.4, possible the Kagero had no camouflage, I've seen a fair few idiots do that, apparently it's "not worth it".

Hilarious really.

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
794 posts
4,700 battles
21 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Nope 5.4, possible the Kagero had no camouflage, I've seen a fair few idiots do that, apparently it's "not worth it".

Hilarious really.

When the RN DDs were first available I put the cheapest camo I had on the T5 one - it just just concealment then I changed it to concealment and enemy shell dispersion (and I'd been thinking of selling those camos....

[SCRUB]
Players
887 posts
7,401 battles
38 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Hilarious really.

Don't remember exactly, it was pretty hectic going at the time. Either way, the average Kag is still screwed if it meets a Cossack.

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts
17 minutes ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Don't remember exactly, it was pretty hectic going at the time. Either way, the average Kag is still screwed if it meets a Cossack.

Kagero has 1 thing going for it, concealment. The torpedoes are adequate, the guns, reload and position are comical, it has no HP and armour, if you're caught in a knife fight in Kagero you've screwed up or been at best badly outplayed.

When they get these Directives enabled and I've completed them I'll have the Cossack to tinker with.

Sign in to follow this