You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Waterline: Episode 3.1 + 3.2 - Discussion Thread

27 comments in this topic

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,463 posts

Todays show was mostly a recap of things we already know. If you follow the developer blog or the forum discussions there wasn't much new information and I'm not sure it is worth to to watch the show for that.

But tomorrows version seems to have some interesting topics. Timestamp 24:10 for example is a spoiler for some potential BBs detection value nerfs. Lets see where they'll be taking this.

Players
18 posts

What about reimbursement of carrier premium camouflages and moduls in carriers ? And some dubloons  as well for Captains retraining / ship change ?  Honesty I dont think, I want to play world of warplanes.
I just hope you keep a backup of current carrier play . Just in case playerbase sinks to 0 % - using carriers - though submarines might do instead. No control over the ship while planes are up.

Not knowing who would enjoy such a CV game mode over time; I just think the change is kind of strange.
I dont think, that the amount of information given, requires so much time ... maybe shorter next time ? And just as an extra idea for those with ( premium )carriers - maybe offer them steal for a certain ships in Arsenal too.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,181 posts
9,335 battles

You guys might want to consider adding timestamps to your video description. Makes it a lot easier for people to get to a specific bit of information.

[CR-S]
Players
336 posts
17,972 battles

Around 8 or  9 minutes into the interview it gets praised what an improvement the limiting of destroyers to 4 per side is. But living with 5-6 BBs every match is acceptable for cruisers, hm? World of Bobbs, as somone stated in the comments.

If there was a more historical mode with max 2 BBs, 3cruisers  and 7 DDs (like it was irl) - i would take it over the Quake-Mode (aka Arms race) anytime.

I appreciate that WG shares its plans etc with us, but sometimes i really don´t like what i hear.

[N0RSE]
Players
75 posts
6,289 battles

I love this series, this episode you start off as if you're both nervous, but get comfortable or less tense after a few minutes. Still a great episode! I have a few thoughts regarding the topics discussed:

1. Instead of nerfing the economy, or "raising taxes". Stop handing out these new crazy flags so much (you award them in all sorts of places, containers, PTS rewards, Beta rewards and so forth) Award other things.. small amounts of doubloons instead perhaps? You could also add a slight bonus to lower tiers in regards to repair costs, so that you can farm on T10, but it would be much more lucrative at T7/T8.

2.Arms race to return, that is much appreciated!

3. Balance is always going to be an issue as you say, and I fear too much time is being spent to try and even out tops and bottoms that really is not a balance issue more than a lack of knowledge or skill on how to fully utilise a ship or line of ships. If you even out too many or too much, you'll end up with a lot of ships that's more or less all the same they just look different.

Keep the series going.. !!

[N0RSE]
Players
75 posts
6,289 battles
56 minutes ago, AdmiralCollingwood said:

What about reimbursement of carrier premium camouflages and moduls in carriers ? And some dubloons  as well for Captains retraining / ship change ?  Honesty I dont think, I want to play world of warplanes.
I just hope you keep a backup of current carrier play . Just in case playerbase sinks to 0 % - using carriers - though submarines might do instead. No control over the ship while planes are up.

Not knowing who would enjoy such a CV game mode over time; I just think the change is kind of strange.
I dont think, that the amount of information given, requires so much time ... maybe shorter next time ? And just as an extra idea for those with ( premium )carriers - maybe offer them steal for a certain ships in Arsenal too.

Steel reimbursement is way unfair and I sincerely hope they don't even consider that, they've said doubloon for premium and I would suspect that also includes any premium camouflage purchased. I suppose the captain would be sent to reserve and would have to be retrained which is also fair as you would still have to retrain the dude to new ships if you didn't go the CV line, an alternative is to convert his exp to free captain exp and just remove him. Interesting to see though how many will chose to delete everything. I look forward to the CV change, a bit from the change of game play, but mostly from the change of how much of an impact 1 player has on a match.

[MAD4T]
[MAD4T]
Players
6 posts

well last time they did a reinbursement they messed it up and i got less than my clan mates who had much much less ships or camos than me, so i don't hold much hope of it being a correct reinbursement if at all there is one apart from disapointment and pain , support where next to useless and copy paste responses are getting tiresome . do they ever read them ?

Players
49 posts

Hi,

there is lots of interesting stuff/info on the RU server, unfortunately my russian is more than pathetic (thx google translate). But I think I saw that RU players will have the possibility to buy WoWS premium time only (working only for WoWS, not in WoT or WOWP), which gives you 65% more XP instead of 50%.

Will we be able to buy such special WOWS premium account here on EU too? And if yes, will it be a temporary feature or it will stay permanently? I'm really interested in such WoWS only premium time, cuz I dont care about the other games, I play only WoWS.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,463 posts
19 minutes ago, chazwozza said:

Is there a cash refund for those of us with Prem carriers 

Just doubloons.

[WOWS]
[WOWS]
Players
197 posts
11,627 battles

I would like to get an option to set up colors (color duos even...) for tracers  like we can get crosshair. I know one is a 3d object, and the other is a 2d overlay, but would be good.

Also to the one button container opening: i would like to have a counter -maybe in the form of an other achivement- what counts the penings even further... Based on my calculations i am already at 1800+ opened... so would be nice to have one thing. Insignias could be great too... or just an infinit counter on the container view...

For Arms Race "Test": The idea of the testing method would be excellent! I mean for basic bonuses (e-gplay 10-20 battle in the test mode to get 1000-10000 xp/freeXP), would worth some players to change that mode "for tonight" instead of random, compared to "get an other client for PT-or upgrade". I do not mean PT is bad, but some test integrated into the main version of the game would be benefical for both end of the game, an other layer of testing for longer therm solutions!

[VETS]
Beta Tester
17 posts
6,763 battles

One thought about these tier Viii complaining about always playing with tier X's, surley having a button in options that limits them to the tier they are playing wouldn't break the server and in theory should be quite easy to impliment

Keep it up fellas

• Cool 1

[4-20]
[4-20]
Players
32 posts
15,273 battles

WG...   a tip for you.   I don´t know how many people feels like watching 20 mins of two guys talking boringly, sitting on a chair and looking like they are just sitting at home in pyjamas and bed hair. Reminds me of how much you care about other videos and presenters. This is so the opposite. Let your developers develop, and get someone who can actually communicate to do that. I dont feel like watching a guy that can´t speak in public presenting videos for thousands of players.

And by the way I dont need a supermodel in a super dress either. 

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,230 posts
972 battles
19 hours ago, victorem said:

WG...   a tip for you.   I don´t know how many people feels like watching 20 mins of two guys talking boringly, sitting on a chair and looking like they are just sitting at home in pyjamas and bed hair. Reminds me of how much you care about other videos and presenters. This is so the opposite. Let your developers develop, and get someone who can actually communicate to do that. I dont feel like watching a guy that can´t speak in public presenting videos for thousands of players.

And by the way I dont need a supermodel in a super dress either. 

This is true, that 20 mins of two guys talking is likely not appealing to everyone, but it is very much liked by the target audience of this video. It is mostly a recap anyway and don't worry, those two are not developers (as in programmers or designers), so your highly demanded features won't be delayed because of that. ;)

It is not a video format we do too often, but it is great to have, for those players who are into these kind of rather technical and detailed talks.

We will continue to do the Waterline series, but they won't be too much of a regular thing. The focus will stay at rather short and appealing videos like the update reviews.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,135 posts
10,577 battles

It is nice to see more details concerning your plans, but for people who read the forum or dev blogs, it is not really new.

Concerning your IFHE plans: Make sure the skill is still worth 4 points after that or make it cheaper. Not that I think you need to change the skill at all.

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
155 posts
4,358 battles

Hello everyone.

Just watched this video, and read a lot abot the cv rework and after the yueyang nerf I think the conqueror will follow yy too....concealment nerf, plus citadell raise will end up the same thing....another useless ship in the port.Wont writing a huge text, what I thinking about the CV rework......Worst thing all, Just bought black friday boxes, and after this video I just feel I want to give up this game.Sad to say, I spent hundreds and hundreds of pounds in this game, and now I start looking for a new game, had enough.

[POP]
Weekend Tester
507 posts
On 11/22/2018 at 4:14 PM, victorem said:

Let your developers develop, and get someone who can actually communicate to do that. I dont feel like watching a guy that can´t speak in public presenting videos for thousands of players.

I've actually sort of been in the gaming press for some years now and what you asked for is the polar opposite of what we actually need. When the gaming industry "grew up", press mostly lost access to the actual game makers, with layers upon layers of PR and people "who can actually communicate" between those who actually know something about the game and the public. Phil and Phil do a good job of presenting their stuff, it's also good for us that they speak such good English. Most importantly, they're at the core of the game's development, they speak directly and honestly and the message doesn't get lost on the way in the hands of a number of writers and presenters.

• Boring 1

[HIDDE]
[HIDDE]
Players
6 posts
1,404 battles
En 23/11/2018 en 2:07, CaiusJuliusBrutus dijo:

And there is no trasnlate to spanihs, i can't understand nothing of the video. Thx google translate for this. bye.

En 23/11/2018 en 2:07, CaiusJuliusBrutus dijo:

And there is no trasnlate to spanihs, i can't understand nothing of the video. Thx google translate for this. bye.

No hay mas que ver la imagen fascista de un ex dictador para saber la mierda que tienes en la cabeza .Puedes ir cavando algun agujero lejos de a civilizacion y:Smile_child: enterrar ahi esa observacion. España es de los españoles y no de unos pocos fanaticos seguidores de un ex-dictador de lo que no quedan ya nada mas que las cenizas. la imagen de un muerto y ademas un nombre italiano hay que joderse no tienes ni puta idea de historia, español muy español

• Cool 1