You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Who will be able to afford new "Bourgogne" for 30.000 Steel?

90 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,928 posts
8,288 battles

Hi all,

Who will be able to afford new "Bourgogne" for 30.000 Steel?

"Update 0.7.11: Rule, Britannia!"

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0711-rule-britannia/

In Update 0.7.11, the Arsenal is set to offer players a new flag_France.pngpremium.pngX Bourgogne. Grab it for 30,000 Steel!

But if you take a look at my recent poll:

"Big Poll - economy status - Games/Premium/Doubloons/Credits/FreeXP/Coal/Steel"

out of 300+ entries there was 0 (ZERO) with Steel > 25.000+ Steel ...

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

I love my "Alsace" and I wish I had opportunity to play her before her undeserved nerf... now the "Bourgogne" is almost impossible for me to get... simply I can't get that amount of Steel... :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[NWP]
Players
3,214 posts
5,612 battles
1 minute ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I love my "Alsace" and I wish I had opportunity to play her before her undeserved nerf... now the "Bourgogne" is almost impossible for me to get... simply I can't get that amount of Steel... :Smile_sad:

Thats why you can buy steel for money soon :cap_fainting:

I think the only ones who can get her are the ones who didnt buy Stalingrad - so probably only a few i think?

• Cool 1

[-CIA-]
Players
82 posts
15,156 battles

well 2 CBs season+ ranked season + coupon and u will get it 

Players
474 posts
5,116 battles

22.500 with coupon - it's doable, I'am not happy with it as I was saving my coal for this ship but with CB at 28th and 14k that I have already and some steel with missions, yup I'll have it .. 

[OP]
Beta Tester
217 posts
2,517 battles

Well, I was saving up for Stalingrad, but with the Azuma coming up I am going to save my steel.

Bourgogne.. I hated Alsace, so it is a no brainer to skip this one for me :)

• Cool 1

[TENGO]
Players
1,558 posts
8,693 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think the only ones who can get her are the ones who didnt buy Stalingrad - so probably only a few i think?

This.

If I remember correctly, I remember Flambass saying he didn't buy Stalingrad, and he was happy he could buy Bourgogne then, probably with coupon. There must be a few others like him, though not a lot.

[PRAVD]
Community Contributor
1,815 posts
6,984 battles
10 minutes ago, OM40 said:

well 2 CBs season+ ranked season + coupon and u will get it 

Yup, it seems like Steel ships are for Clan Battles players only.

Modder, Beta Tester
3,711 posts
6,657 battles
26 minutes ago, Aerroon said:

Yup, it seems like Steel ships are for successful Clan Battles players only.

• Cool 3

[TORPZ]
Players
63 posts
8,743 battles

they will sell a premium campaign in new year event called "steel giants", you can check the dev blog.

basicly they will sell steel which announced to be exclusive reward of skill. 

who pays, gets the ship.. thats it.

nice move wg, changing your way 180 degrees in just 6 months... great!

• Cool 6

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
2,891 posts
10,415 battles

On the one hand, rewarding players who invest in getting better and playing competitively is great.

On the other, there will soon be a growing chasm between players with steel ships and players who will never get one.

And the problem lies in the fact that both Stalingrad and Burgundy are strong ships, so competitive players are getting an even greater edge.

Unless WG goes completely pay to win.

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,289 posts
14,345 battles

Its pretty much the same as Stalingrad.. if my math is correct and i am reading the clan season 4 rewards correct... Not including Hurrican.  finishing requirements of Typhoon will give you 9500 steel..

I see no issue

[DSW]
Players
3,715 posts
7,542 battles

no interest in Stalingrad, and not particularly hyped for B-65 (just too many supercruisers in too short a time... might grab Alaska...), so I'll probably grab myself a fancy Frenchie I think :crab:

Players
2,764 posts
12,483 battles
11 hours ago, Aragathor said:

On the one hand, rewarding players who invest in getting better and playing competitively is great.

On the other, there will soon be a growing chasm between players with steel ships and players who will never get one.

And the problem lies in the fact that both Stalingrad and Burgundy are strong ships, so competitive players are getting an even greater edge.

Unless WG goes completely pay to win.

Great point! :Smile_honoring:

I've often wrestled with this question and tried to make sense of it.

Players
342 posts
3,904 battles
12 hours ago, Eduj said:

they will sell a premium campaign in new year event called "steel giants", you can check the dev blog.

are you surprised? they've literally changed their tune on anything they said "never" to.  They are not a very trustworthy company if you didn't notice.

• Cool 1

Players
26 posts
2,225 battles
13 hours ago, Eduj said:

What is this bs? you don't know anything about those steel prizes, you will gain probably a very low steel amount from those events.

[-5D3-]
Players
26 posts
171 battles
1 hour ago, Somilica92 said:

What is this bs? you don't know anything about those steel prizes, you will gain probably a very low steel amount from those events.

It doesn't matter how low an amount it is.

It's still a 180 from their claim of Steel being for competitive play.

[HOME]
Players
48 posts
9,705 battles

I would be able to buy it after a few games in Clan battles this season. Missing 1k steel for the Stalingrad because i despise ranked play the longer i play it. But hell i aint buying it before i got the Stalingrad.

[LEWD]
Players
301 posts

1.Hype people about Freexp and announce more Freexp ships to come.

2. Sell zillion of freexp tool ( signals, camos etc. ) Gudd profit!

3. Let people grind Freexp.

4.  Make Freexp inflation. Then made it obsolete for new premium ships with introduction new resources aka. Coal and steel. Make announcements: Feature Freexp ships once in while( release for counter the reaction of people like throwing bone to dog) going to 1 mil Freexp rather then 750k.

5. Release new ships with 'new resources'

6. Talk about noway to buy steel then dedication to game.

7. Release info that you can buy steel Soon TM. Profit!!

8. Rinse and repeat.

Im not going to fall it Wee Gee. Slow clap. Steel and your new 'resources' can be yours!! You think smart then your dedicated playerbase and customers? Once you trick me shame on you, twice? shame on me.Thats why i stop paying you since last year. Being dishonest, there is no place for it in my book.

• Cool 6

[BGBRD]
Players
211 posts
8,694 battles
31 minutes ago, Ebu34 said:

4.  Make Freexp inflation. Then made it obsolete for new premium ships with introduction new resources aka. Coal and steel. Make announcements: Feature Freexp ships once in while( release for counter the reaction of people like throwing bone to dog) going to 1 mil Freexp rather then 750k.

8. Rinse and repeat.

Im not going to fall it Wee Gee. Slow clap. Steel and your new 'resources' can be yours!! You think smart then your dedicated playerbase and customers? Once you trick me shame on you, twice? shame on me.Thats why i stop paying you since last year. Being dishonest, there is no place for it in my book.

9. Sell Mission for Steel in the Premium shop, so the plebs with too much money and no intention of improving they're gameplay, will stop whining.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
494 posts
9,228 battles
17 hours ago, Eduj said:

Its a fix  for those who avoid CB / RB and stick to Co-Op / Randoms to not be shut out of the steel ships 

also a money grab, but the game has to be paid for somehow 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[SCRUB]
Players
1,934 posts
17 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

out of 300+ entries there was 0 (ZERO) with Steel > 25.000+ Steel ...

Sorry... I misclicked and there is no way I can change it, thanks to WG's great idea of locking poll after you submit your entry...

I'm sitting on entire haul of steel since it was introduced to the game. There is nothing in Arsenal I'm interested in buying...

• Cool 1

[-CIA-]
Players
82 posts
15,156 battles
20 hours ago, Aerroon said:

Yup, it seems like Steel ships are for Clan Battles players only.

well no reason not to be in a Clan imho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Players
2,239 posts
6,231 battles
5 hours ago, Ebu34 said:

8. Rinse and repeat.

They did realise that FXP was gained in faster ways at least from the Narai nerf/rework. So this development could've been seen for a long  time now :cap_old:

The new dragon signals were perhaps also a way to give non-Missouri owners an option to also get 1m+ games as easily as Missouri owners can. Of course Missouri owners could then get even bigger credit games, but that's mostly a non-issue since the amount of Missouri owners won't increase much anymore.

And I don't really see what there is to complain about, you can get fracking tier 9 premium ships for free! You only need to play the game. If you don't want that or if the grind is too much for you? Or some people perhaps simply can't be bothered to either play clan battles, ranked or form farm groups (all 3 require some form of organisation to be effective and excell at something) and more dedicated players are bothered by it and get rewarded for their efforts.

And if WG wants to monotise their own intellectual property? Fine with me. As long as it doesn't become P2W, this is a very important thing for me.

Sure some of the premiums are OP, but WG can simply opt to not buff these anymore and do buff their tech tree siblings (like how Iowa is gonna get a slight buff, but Missouri isn't).

If you don't want it, then don't buy it :Smile_coin:

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,289 posts
14,345 battles
21 hours ago, Eduj said:

Ow i dont like this idea of a purchasable mission........