You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Teach__

Jedi mind-trick: others players knowing your stats

99 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
2,979 battles

Today in a game a  musashi player complained about our CV being crap quoting "Midway has only one game with 34k damage"
To that I answered "this is my first game in a moskva"

3 seconds after musashi replied "you have actually 94 battles"

how could he do that? I'd hate to know it is a widely-spread trick as it change how captains play.

I know of the WoW stats website, but it certainly require a bit more than that to find specific stats on a specific ship of a specific player. 

• Funny 2

[TENGO]
Players
1,566 posts
8,707 battles
On 11/20/2018 at 5:17 PM, Teach__ said:

Today in a game a  musashi player complained about our CV being crap quoting "Midway has only one game with 34k damage"

how could he do that? I'd hate to know it is a widely-spread trick as it change how captains play.

I know of the WoW stats website, but it certainly require a bit more than that to find specific stats on a specific ship of a specific player. 

Except for multiple websites, there are some tools that show all the stats of both teams in an external app or site.

There's one with aslains mod (www.aslain.com)

I used to use https://github.com/wows-stats/wows-stats/blob/master/README.md myself [Edited]

Edited by hierrark
inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 12

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
2,898 posts
10,437 battles

I use Matchmaking Monitor. It helps me identify players I should support, players who will sniff glue during the game, and players to gank first when they appear.

It also helps me decide how much I should invest in the battle, as being put up window licker country with no paddle will make play differently than when playing normal people.

• Funny 5

[CATS]
Players
14,149 posts
10,577 battles
12 minutes ago, belalugosisdead said:

Matchmaking Monitor. 

I dont use it... but others do.  

Or a second monitor with stats site open and quick fingers.

[_XII_]
Players
318 posts
2,470 battles

If you don't want people see your stats? Make them private.

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,320 posts
10,515 battles
45 minutes ago, Teach__ said:

Apart from shortcuts like Matchmaking Monitor, you can just type the nick manually in wows-numbers.com and get, for example:

https://wows-numbers.com/player/550872037,Teach__/

26 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

If you don't want people see your stats? Make them private.

Hiding stats tells just that: you have something to hide, most probably something you're not very proud of. 

So safe assumption is: hidden profile = potato. Anyway, according to http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html only 0.5% EU accounts have hidden stats. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[_XII_]
Players
318 posts
2,470 battles
8 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

Hiding stats tells just that: you have something to hide, most probably something you're not very proud of. 

So safe assumption is: hidden profile = potato. Anyway, according to http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html only 0.5% EU accounts have hidden stats. 

Then again it tells them you know the game well enough  that you can hide your stats :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

[HOME]
Players
648 posts
7,902 battles
1 hour ago, Teach__ said:

omg you lied!?
image.png.3f7be589b30a2d0291330154905be998.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 11

Players
2,695 posts
15,093 battles
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

It also helps me decide how much I should invest in the battle, as being put up window licker country with no paddle will make play differently than when playing normal people.

thats what i hate about it  i have encounted battle like that  with one person thinking this way....

and guess what even if half the team is crap as ling as they dont suicide early you still can win

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
2,898 posts
10,437 battles
5 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

thats what i hate about it  i have encounted battle like that  with one person thinking this way....

and guess what even if half the team is crap as ling as they dont suicide early you still can win

I don't care. Yesterday I played a game in Grozovoi where I ignored the fact that my team had a an almost 20% worse total average winrate than the enemy team. I played normally.

No one supported me. People hid behind islands not shooting. People were running away into the spawn. I was the only player trying to do something. If instead of trying to cap, I had gunboated from max range I wouldn't have completely wasted several special signals.

[HOME]
Players
648 posts
7,902 battles
On 11/20/2018 at 6:47 PM, Aragathor said:

I don't care. Yesterday I played a game in Grozovoi where I ignored the fact that my team had a an almost 20% worse total average winrate than the enemy team. I played normally.

No one supported me. People hid behind islands not shooting. People were running away into the spawn. I was the only player trying to do something. If instead of trying to cap, I had gunboated from max range I wouldn't have completely wasted several special signals.

Altough more often than not the team with the lower avg wr loses, why wouldnt you just try your best to win?

Sometimes you can have epic carries trying to salvage a match when your team is bad.[Edit]

I genuinly enjoy the game more not knowing the stats of my enemies and friendlies alike. Treat all foes equally, destroy them all equally. :cap_cool:

Edited by hierrark
inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 8

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
2,898 posts
10,437 battles
6 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I only look up cv players. 4000 battles Midway and below 30% means I can also do something else.

The only time you can carry a game with a bad CV player on your team is a three man division using TS.

Had that during the weekend. We won even though our CV rushed A cap on Okinawa and got deleted fast.

Just now, GarrusBrutus said:

Altough more often than not the team with the lower avg wr loses, why wouldnt you just try your best to win?

Sometimes you can have epic carries trying to salvage a match when your team is bad as sh!t.

I genuinly enjoy the game more not knowing the stats of my enemies and friendlies alike. Treat all foes equally, destroy them all equally.

I always try to win, but sometimes there is no chance of winning. I'm not a unicum player, I can't carry 11 people.

WG has made a conscious decision that MM will put people in teams in a certain way. This way isn't fun. I play the game to have fun, so when faced with a certain loss I will try to salvage at least something out of it.

• Cool 4

Weekend Tester
2,265 posts
7,342 battles
6 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I only look up cv players. 4000 battles Midway and below 30% means I can also do something else.

I don't use MM because looking at haku in my team stacking all planes and trying to fly around the map then trying to drop Desmoin/Montana with intact AA and loosing all squads in the process dealing dmg worth of 1 bomb I ask myself a question - why do I even want to look at someone's 40k avg dmg in a tier 10 cv. I feel better not using any of that.

• Funny 1

Players
2,301 posts
1 hour ago, EdiJo said:

So safe assumption is: hidden profile = potato.

I hope they think that :Smile_trollface:

I tend to think the opposite for safety reasons  

• Cool 4

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,688 posts
8,952 battles
1 hour ago, Teach__ said:

Ehmm anyone can check your stats on WoWs official page without any mods

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/community/accounts/550872037-Teach__/!/pvp/ships/?bestShip=moskva

Players
1,275 posts
3,486 battles

I wouldn't use such a thing, although I might be tempted on the odd occasion, I have my dignity not to stoop to such a thing.

Call it misplaced optimism, but I like to think that on average the teams I get know their aft from their stern, [Edited]

Spoiler

Edited]

Edited by hierrark
inappropriate remarks

[CATS]
Players
14,149 posts
10,577 battles
32 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Does the monitor really show the average WR or just the WR of the ship the player is sailing?

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
2,898 posts
10,437 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Does the monitor really show the average WR or just the WR of the ship the player is sailing?

It shows the the ship WR. But clicking on the player in the monitor opens the wow-stats page for him/her.

Because of that I have seen too many profiles of people who had potatoed up to T10 with  sub 40% WR.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
14,149 posts
10,577 battles

Basicly you have to click on every player to know their stats or you just depend on the ships stats?

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
2,898 posts
10,437 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Basicly you have to click on every player to know their stats or you just depend on the ships stats?

When someone has 100 games and bad stats in a ship, I don't need to see his profile to know how he will play.

• Cool 2

[AS13]
Players
1,492 posts
1,770 battles
5 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

When someone has 100 games and bad stats in a ship, I don't need to see his profile to know how he will play.

I bet you will have a heart attack when I show up in a KGV... :cap_like:

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
14,149 posts
10,577 battles

Most ships are not played a hundred times.

From the 236 ships I played, I played only 20 ships a hundred times or more and I played a lot (you have 5 of 189 ships that you played a hundred times or more in random).

From what I have seen, the MM monitor gives most players a flawed impression of the teams, apart from distracting the player who uses it.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
2,898 posts
10,437 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

From what I have seen, the MM monitor gives most players a flawed impression of the teams, apart from distracting the player who uses it.

Or it just shows how bad people really are in the ships they play.

• Cool 4