You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.7.11: Rule, Britannia! - Discussion Thread

97 comments in this topic

WG Team, Master Pirate, Sailing Hamster
473 posts

Information about the third and final part of the Royal Navy event, coupled with a historical collection, and insight into the final in a series of British Arc updates that’s on its way to your Ports!

Read the full article

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
14,060 posts
10,555 battles

I think your changes on the Yueyang, especially the guns, went too far.

A smaller adjustment and watching how the performance changes would have been are more sensible approach.

The rest of the patch looks nice. I like the IJN cruiser changes.

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Players
7,154 posts
9,305 battles

So, can we just drop all pretenses and simply switch the Chung Mu and Yue Yang around? With that massive nerf the Chung Mu is better tier X material than the Yue Yang.

• Cool 5

Players
259 posts
6,632 battles

I'm actually pretty upset about one detail here: 

Kronshtadt and Musashi will no longer be available for Free XP purchase coming update 0.8.0. Musashi is currently also available for coal, that will end too. 

Now all in all i understand that there's this whole rotation thing going on, but: 
- You have been teasing us with the prospect of CV to Free XP redemption, allowing me to trade in my midway (and possibly essex) to start lower in the line again, while gaining tonloads of free XP- plenty to get my musashi. And now you announce that you will be removing the musashi- before this will happen. Thats annoying man. 

Can we at least expect a huge discount on the musashi? In free XP cost that is?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
259 posts
6,632 battles
5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

So, can we just drop all pretenses and simply switch the Chung Mu and Yue Yang around? With that massive nerf the Chung Mu is better tier X material than the Yue Yang.

Well, before the gearing got its fletcher torps the fletcher was the straight out better pick too right?

[SCRUB]
Players
7,154 posts
9,305 battles
1 minute ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Well, before the gearing got its fletcher torps the fletcher was the straight out better pick too right?

That was a bit more subjective as the Gearing torps had substantially more range,  which meant you could slap Torpedo Acceleration on the captain and thus have pretty damn fast torpedoes that still generously outranged the Fletcher torps (with a much lesser torpedo reload difference at 30 seconds). Or just enjoy the 6km range advantage which could make for hilarious moments when you missed your intended target only to sink something else a minute later. Gearing also kept the gun dpm advantage over the Fletcher.

Nerfed Yue Yang will only have a 3km better torpedo range, without keeping the superiour gun dpm (dpm difference is so miniscule with only a negligible advantage over the Chung Mu). Everything else is equal or better on the Chung Mu (50 seconds faster torpedo reload ... 50 seconds!).

• Cool 2

[NATOA]
Beta Tester
20 posts
2,801 battles

A question from a few of my clan,
Whilst we get the want/need to rotate the ships out (musashi/Kron)
Will they and the missouri be making a reappearance in the future for Free XP again?

• Cool 1

[LUZ]
Players
11 posts
3,947 battles

So, Atago Black gets AA redesign... WG, you better give it to normal Atago as well :Smile_izmena:

[YMM]
[YMM]
Players
1 post
3,638 battles

well, two more days to have fun with YueYang before it becomes a useless ship raising dust together with shimakaze :Smile_sceptic:

Beta Tester
5 posts

Disappointed with Yue Yang nerf, cannot see why it was needed....Also why can you only get Bourgogne by steel payments..Please WOW relook at the sale of ships for steel only, not everyone plays clan battles and we therefore do not have the opportunity to obtain steel from any other part of the game. I for one am begining to feel just a tad unloved as this is just another ship that I will not be able to play :(

• Cool 3

[IRON7]
Players
335 posts
245 battles

not to worry posters …...

WoWS has it all 'figured out' now ….. well someone is 'figuring it all out' (apparently)

SNAFU & FUBAR

[WOWS]
[WOWS]
Players
192 posts
11,620 battles

The new performance based emblems are avaible only for performance counted from now is not an old-player respecting step.

• Cool 2

[NLWG]
Players
35 posts
5,068 battles

So as WG are removing a large significant part of what I can spend free experience on, and as I am unlikely to accumulate a further 600000 free exp in 2 months, can I hope that the tendency to award now worthless free experience in containers will also be removed? Thought Not!

On 11/20/2018 at 5:37 PM, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

I'm actually pretty upset about one detail here: 

Kronshtadt and Musashi will no longer be available for Free XP purchase coming update 0.8.0. Musashi is currently also available for coal, that will end too. 

Now all in all i understand that there's this whole rotation thing going on, but: 
- You have been teasing us with the prospect of CV to Free XP redemption, allowing me to trade in my midway (and possibly essex) to start lower in the line again, while gaining tonloads of free XP- plenty to get my musashi. And now you announce that you will be removing the musashi- before this will happen. Thats annoying man. 

Yeah that'll happen - I agree totally.

What now is the point of Free XP other than shortcutting research time on ships (which you might not have credits to buy) its dog useless. I will be very unhappy in the future to open containers with Free, Useless experience. IT will be like finding a Bag of Francs in France or Dmarks in Germany . seemingly valuable  but in reality only good for wiping your arse!

On 11/20/2018 at 7:23 PM, peter_s_price said:

Yeah that'll happen - I agree totally.

What now is the point of Free XP other than shortcutting research time on ships (which you might not have credits to buy) its dog useless. I will be very unhappy in the future to open containers with Free, Useless experience. IT will be like finding a Bag of Francs in France or Dmarks in Germany . seemingly valuable  but in reality only good for wiping your arse!

Oh and I can probably Guess what the Black friday Premium containers will mostly give out I bet?

[ADRIA]
Players
3,806 posts
6,533 battles

@Isoroku_Yamamoto @peter_s_price Same as when Musashi replaced Missouri those 2 FreeXP ships are getting replaced, those spots won't remain empty

1 hour ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

No

1 hour ago, DisorderZ55 said:

Will they and the missouri be making a reappearance in the future for Free XP again?

Most likely no. But she's now added in SC as a possible drop

[NATOA]
Beta Tester
20 posts
2,801 battles
23 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Most likely no. But she's now added in SC as a possible drop

Thanks, missed that comment in my initial reading of it all was more expecting that mentioned alongside where it said they were removed, not elsewhere in the article.

[ADRIA]
Players
3,806 posts
6,533 battles
44 minutes ago, DisorderZ55 said:

Thanks, missed that comment in my initial reading of it all was more expecting that mentioned alongside where it said they were removed, not elsewhere in the article.

Keep in mind the chance will be ridiculously low, chances are you'll never score it. Possible, but far from likely

[NATOA]
Beta Tester
20 posts
2,801 battles
2 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Keep in mind the chance will be ridiculously low, chances are you'll never score it. Possible, but far from likely

Oh that is fully expected already,
I mean have to get a super container to start and that has proven difficult enough for me. 

But its that there is a chance of getting it if I or other clan members cant pull together the resources/exp in time. Being somewhat of a ship collector its knowing that, albeit very slim chances of getting it, it is available to me.

Stupidly small chances of getting it are better than no way of getting it.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
2,872 posts
10,379 battles
11 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Two words, Christmas boxes.

I fully expect WG to put those ships into the boxes this Christmas.

[DGSH]
Players
1 post
6,080 battles

The nerv on the Yue yang 

"These changes have relatively minor effects on the destroyer's unique features, ..." you kidding?

It will have a huge change...

1. Your gunfight capability against any dd will change with a +1s(to 4s) reload on your main guns...

You can no longer fight head on with most of the dd's of T10

Shimakaze = Its a torpedo dd so you should be able to hunt it >easily<, wait it has 5.7s reload not that much difference anymore so you will trade way more HP then you prefer

Gearing - 3s = will outgun you

Daring - 2.5s (Gun build even lower) = you had NO CHANCE even with 3s

Z-52 - 4s = Only the Z-52 has 4s same as yy then and a Z52 has with its strong AP

Grozovoi - 4s(normally Gun build = lower than 4s) = You usually don't want to fight against it

2. Here silhouette is smaller? you guys really think that makes it harder to hit a yy with another dd?

If you have played long enough it makes >no differences<, especially in a dd fight

3. 20s more torp reload...

Cheng Mu come back, who is that yue yang again?

No joke aside 20s more that's really harsh for a torp hybrid dd

These changes are absolutely absurd

RIP YY you were good till they destroyed you

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
1,865 posts
5,322 battles

Question: do we know how the Black ships will work? Specifically, are they *exactly* as per their originals i.e. a ship with perma-cammo fitted (in black), or are they more like the Dragon ships (or ARPs) i.e. have a colour scheme, but no cammo bonus, compared to the base ship?

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,961 posts
41 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Question: do we know how the Black ships will work? Specifically, are they *exactly* as per their originals i.e. a ship with perma-cammo fitted (in black), or are they more like the Dragon ships (or ARPs) i.e. have a colour scheme, but no cammo bonus, compared to the base ship?

The same as Fujin <-> Kamikaze (R). Identical ships, Identical specs, Identical bonusses for the camo's, just the looks of the camo will be different.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,865 posts
5,322 battles
7 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

The same as Fujin <-> Kamikaze (R). Identical ships, Identical specs, Identical bonusses for the camo's, just the looks of the camo will be different.

Many thanks! That makes them rather worthwhile, if you like black!

[R-A-T]
Players
3 posts
2,076 battles

Is there any way to get free xp quickly?

I bought the Nelson a short while back and while I've managed to save 160k free xp I don't think I can get 600k in 2 month :(