Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
iJoby

FB Devs Blog - Balance Changes: Account Level Progression and Tracers

11 comments in this topic

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,930 posts
25,256 battles

Account Level Progression:

• From experience earned to the number of battles played.

WG have noticed that new players having stopped playing when reaching account levels 3 -5, This will make promotion easier for beginners.

In Game Mechanics, Tracers:

• The tracers visualization has been changed for all maps. 

This will improve their visibility on all environment backgrounds. 

Action Stations!

[BGBRD]
Players
211 posts
8,694 battles

When I saw the title I thought it will be something... big, but its just... pointless.

• Cool 1

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,930 posts
25,256 battles
7 minutes ago, OTECa1 said:

When I saw the title I thought it will be something... big, but its just... pointless.

Maybe to you, if it makes new players stay in the game, then it's a good thing.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,657 posts
9,231 battles

What I'm reading is that they're going to let new players level up to higher tier faster. 

Because that's what's making them leave. Playing 30 games with a t4 ship, not the t5  ****slap to the face that is matchmaking, still with no proper tutorial and in-game guide. 

Because a new player will totally prefer playing a Nurnberg in which he instantly dies, rather than a konigsberg in which he instantly dies. 

This will totally make him stay. 

/s 

• Cool 11

Players
2,239 posts
6,232 battles
7 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

What I'm reading is that they're going to let new players level up to higher tier faster. 

Because that's what's making them leave. Playing 30 games with a t4 ship, not the t5  ****slap to the face that is matchmaking, still with no proper tutorial and in-game guide. 

Because a new player will totally prefer playing a Nurnberg in which they instantly die, rather than a konigsberg in which they instantly die. 

/s 

This is my exact thought (well not literally exact).

I would have preferred if they actually spend more time below tier 5, perhaps make ships take longer to grind but not increase their credit cost.

It may also help to also decrease credit cost of ships of tiers 6 and 7 (especially 6), as new players will get turned off from having chronical credit deficciency, even when they do use premium account.

The players who end up leaving at account levels 3 to 5 are likely players who end up simply not liking WoWS regardless of the tracers (maybe they just wanted to try it out for a change and see what it was all about or something).

And actually, I was close to leaving this game myself when I was playing my Omaha.

Without CE my Omaha had virtually identical gun range and conceilment range, so these tier 7 ships were XP pinata-ing me while I had basically no idea where I was going, much less cover on these maps.

I ended up grinding the Omaha by keeping on yoloing into red team and then grinding another line as this cut down on my time spend in game.

[_XII_]
Players
318 posts
2,470 battles
33 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Because a new player will totally prefer playing a Nurnberg in which he instantly dies, rather than a konigsberg in which he instantly dies. 

/s 

They are talking about the level 1 to 15.  Those levels that unlock parts of the game.  Don't you remember from the first 50/100 battles that you played? Level 1 gives COOP. Level 3 gives access to random. Level 11 gives access to camouflage. Level 14 ranked. Level 15 clan battles.

Don't you remember the 15 rings of WOWs hell?

• Cool 2

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,930 posts
25,256 battles
27 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

This is my exact thought (well not literally exact).

I would have preferred if they actually spend more time below tier 5, perhaps make ships take longer to grind but not increase their credit cost.

It may also help to also decrease credit cost of ships of tiers 6 and 7 (especially 6), as new players will get turned off from having chronical credit deficciency, even when they do use premium account.

The players who end up leaving at account levels 3 to 5 are likely players who end up simply not liking WoWS regardless of the tracers (maybe they just wanted to try it out for a change and see what it was all about or something).

And actually, I was close to leaving this game myself when I was playing my Omaha.

Without CE my Omaha had virtually identical gun range and conceilment range, so these tier 7 ships were XP pinata-ing me while I had basically no idea where I was going, much less cover on these maps.

I ended up grinding the Omaha by keeping on yoloing into red team and then grinding another line as this cut down on my time spend in game.

Good point. 

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,241 posts
972 battles
4 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

They are talking about the level 1 to 15.  Those levels that unlock parts of the game.  Don't you remember  from the first 50/100 battles that you played? And not about tiers

Exactly that. It is about the account level, which unlocks the features of the game one by one. There is no change planned on how fast you can progress through the tiers.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,134 posts
14,600 battles
2 hours ago, iJoby said:

The tracers visualization has been changed for all maps. 

Cool

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,657 posts
9,231 battles
18 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

They are talking about the level 1 to 15.  Those levels that unlock parts of the game.  Don't you remember from the first 50/100 battles that you played? Level 1 gives COOP. Level 3 gives access to random. Level 11 gives access to camouflage. Level 14 ranked. Level 15 clan battles.

Don't you remember the 15 rings of WOWs hell?

10 minutes ago, Sehales said:

Exactly that. It is about the account level, which unlocks the features of the game one by one. There is no change planned on how fast you can progress through the tiers.

So faster access to random battles, faster access to xp modifying camo and flags, a previous decrease in credit costs for low tier which all combined means faster grind, but still no in-game guide and tutorial. 

You can give new players all the camo and game modes in the world, they're still not going to stay if they don't understand how to play and get absolutely demolished.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
3,842 posts
6,560 battles
11 hours ago, iJoby said:

This will make promotion easier for beginners

9 hours ago, Sehales said:

It is about the account level, which unlocks the features of the game one by one.

Which then also means they will get to lvl 11 quicker, which means they will lose Newbie Protection quicker. Nothing like getting clubbed as fast as possible!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this