Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
grahamrawlings

NEW GAME MODES

13 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
822 battles

Hi all so dose anyone think War Gaming might add some new game modes and if they did what would you like to see?

Personally i would like to see a new co-op mode as i really can not compeat with other players this is due to learning difficaultys i have Dysphoria and although im not bad against the Bots i really can not compeat with other players even after following all the advice in vids like captains academy. I would like to see some more co op mission scenarios that do not require the need to be in a division  and where you can use your regular ships eg i have a King George V, Emerald, and Rogue. 

What would you like to see added?

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
531 posts
2,445 battles

Well, its confirmed that arms race is coming back, a gamemode that i enjoyed thoroughly, so yaay :cap_haloween:

Anyhow, other than possibly more operations, i dont think that more coop modes is likely, as i dont believe that there is a very big playerbase for coop.

hmmm, what else? It wouldnt suprise me if wargaming jumps on the battleroyale bandwagon somewhat soon, seeing that everyone, their mother, and that creepy uncle are making battle-royales of their games.

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,909 posts
25,215 battles
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

i dont believe that there is a very big playerbase for coop

I think you are wrong.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
531 posts
2,445 battles
1 minute ago, iJoby said:

I think you are wrong.

Im pretty sure that only a few % can be bothered with playing coop battles regularly, i mean, surely it has to get super boring after just a few matches as the bots dont really do anything?

I know there is a somewhat large amount of players that plays operations every now and then, but i dont think that most people play them as their main battle mode.

Dunno if there is statistics on this, but i cant see the appeal of coop for most players

[ANV]
Players
220 posts
5,316 battles
10 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Im pretty sure that only a few % can be bothered with playing coop battles regularly, i mean, surely it has to get super boring after just a few matches as the bots dont really do anything?

I know there is a somewhat large amount of players that plays operations every now and then, but i dont think that most people play them as their main battle mode.

Dunno if there is statistics on this, but i cant see the appeal of coop for most players

"I also think you are wrong"...I have 894 co-op games to my name...not sure how, but I do...

They are useful for doing certain mission/reward things (especially 2ndary stuff) and..  I don't like using most Stock hulls, so I play in co-op to get the xp for first hull upgrade..and also testing different captain builds out

That said, co-op is boring... mission scenarios are much better, good XP sources, but would also like to see more.

Sometimes, like just getting in from work at 11pm right now, I really can't face the Randoms in Randoms.. so a bit of co-op or missions to do something without the need to concentrate much, is nice.

• Cool 2

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
535 posts
8,879 battles

Sometimes I play co-op if there is a mission which requires a win element and it is one of those days where I just cannot win random battles despite how I play. Or if I want to take a low tier ship out for a spin when there is just not enough players in the random queue.

Is the OP's issue that he cannot compete with the other co-op players? Why be that bothered about it if so?

More co-op scenarios would be fine, especially if they differentiate between normal mode and hard mode. But I suppose they cannot do much more than the 'scenario of the week' due to having too many queues in the game separating the player base.

The co-op game modes seem to be the same as the random battle game modes, so any new game modes could apply to both.

[ANV]
Players
220 posts
5,316 battles
3 hours ago, grahamrawlings said:

i really can not compeat with other players this is due to learning difficaultys i have Dysphoria and although im not bad against the Bots i really can not compeat with other players

4 minutes ago, Armorin said:

Is the OP's issue that he cannot compete with the other co-op players? Why be that bothered about it if so?

I think his issue is that general Co-op games have so few enemies in them that the other players are killing them before he gets a chance to... and thus he'd like more scenario type games as they offer him a more "valuable" (let's say) game experience (presumably a better opportunity to contribute without the manic scramble to get the few kills in a co-op game)

I am somewhat reading between the lines though, so I could be way off target.

[FRDF]
Players
182 posts
2,810 battles

Yeah the problem with co-op games is that its just race who can kill most ships fastest so less experienced players might not see any action in a match because experienced player has already torped every bot in their side of the map when they get to position.

Missions are better for xp and credits anyways, I don't like that they division block all the others than the "operation of the week".

And @thiextar the new halloween mode already has BR elements in it (mainly the closing circle) so wouldn't be surprised if they combine arms race with that so you have map getting smaller and have to scavenge for buffs.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
795 posts
4,713 battles

I've only played a low number of co-op games (when I first started and a few times with new ships (Musashi comes to mind)).   The problem with co-op is that the rewards compared to randoms is simply not there.   The challenge of playing other people(?) gives better rewards and those players can be more unpredictable than BoTS.  Co-op may give you experience of your ships but it can lead to game play that won't work in randoms.

Although I've been playing the Halloween operations with the subs I miss the usual 'operation of the week' as that was allowing me to play some ships that I don't play that often (cruisers in some of them).  I understand why there is only one scenario open at a time to non-division play as the game does not have the numbers of players to open them up.

I didn't play any of the arms race games but I will have a look at them when they re-appear.

After most of the battles in Epicentre mode I'd like that removed but it does give variety at least.

Maybe if there was a co-op mode where there were more enemies than players - maybe 50% more?   I'm sure that even then some players would be in ships that would not get a chance to see much action though.

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,477 posts
1,724 battles

I would like to see something like a mix of 'Operations' and PvP. Mainly because I'm quite bored with the 'caps'. 

They could make them into a harbour (with pillboxes that shoot at the other party) or islands with airstrips, or something.

That way, not only DDs would cap but other ships too as they'd need some defense against the 'enemy cap'.

And you'd have to choose, kill all the pillboxes or the airstrip and take it or leave it intact.

But there's other ideas as well.

For instance you have a convoy that is moving, first you have to take possession of that convoy.

Sort of, capping - but this time the cap would be moving (following the #1 ship that takes it) and not sitting between islands. 

That mission would end when the convoy reaches 'safe point' (could be a harbour, with mega-forts shooting at the enemy).

Also, this would be funny in two ways: when you HAVE IT then you need to protect it. 

When you DO NOT have it you can either try to steal it or make it so the reds end up with zero points.

Once they have this kind of stuff WG could make variations on the theme, like:

- the harbour belonging to reds, convoy to blue and then you'd have to take over the other one;

- then with that option, make it 16 vs 8 or something. Would be funny. Especially when they add subs and CVs.

- they could use this too if they think there's too many BBS or whatever in the waiting line, or promote some line.

as in, make it 'only for DDs and cruisers' so they either get played more or get taken out of the other waiting line.

For instance, if (after the CV rework) you get 5CVs per game, they make the convoy thing 'CV only' and reduce numbers that way.

Or cap that to 2xBB and only DDs or whatever. 

[ONE2]
Players
2,352 posts
13,918 battles
15 hours ago, grahamrawlings said:

Personally i would like to see a new co-op mode as i really can not compeat with other players this is due to learning difficaultys i have Dysphoria and although im not bad against the Bots i really can not compeat with other players even after following all the advice in vids like captains academy.

Weel, that's not the end of the world, of course. BUT if you really would like to learn, then play in division with some friends, who are more experienced players - In low tiers (that's what they are for anyways). They will give you useful tips and help build up your self-confidence more than anything else can. Videos are nice, but ultimately you will learn best by experience. Also, just playing Coop will get old and boring real quickly and you'll never learn how to play against people in them. So get a couple of friends help you out and take the plunge, that is the best way to enjoy the game in the end. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[PRT]
Players
83 posts
4,871 battles

I wouldnt mind some new battlemodes.

For example, why not a Random "All BB"-mode, an "All DD-mode" etc. Would be very shallenging and fun I Think. Imagine a battle with only BBs participating…..could be a real sluggerparty... :-)

[_XII_]
Players
314 posts
2,465 battles

Some sort of Tower defense game WOWs style could be fun.

Your COOP team gets a base to defend and get hit wave after wave by enemy ships. Each wave stronger that the previous one. With heal areas ofcourse.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this