Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

How many more guineas can be earned?

28 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
539 posts
2,470 battles

I cant seem to find the original post about the event, and i cant remember how many total stages there are nor what stage we are even on at this point, could some kind soul tell me how many more guineas are available from this Wednesday and onwards?

[HHOTN]
Players
103 posts
10,530 battles

U can get maximum 48 if u dont miss any stage( so u still need to buy 2). Are 12 left to get  from stages if i calculate correct.

[-AP-]
Players
539 posts
2,470 battles
Just now, N00Boo7 said:

U can get maximum 48 if u dont miss any stage( so u still need to buy 2)

Yeah, but i have been missing a few, but cant remember exactly how many, so i need to do some math ^_^ How many would i have right now if i got every single one so far?

[PUPSI]
Players
6,173 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, thiextar sagte:

How many would i have right now if i got every single one so far?

36, after 9 stages, and with 3 more stages to come with 0.7.11.

Players
1,548 posts
5,992 battles

At the beginning of all this there was a deal, 10 for a buck.

I took it, so can't say if it is still a deal or not.

• Cool 2

Players
841 posts
8,102 battles

If you have Guineas left over after the event, I grew impatient and purchased enough Guineas to by the Cossack, what are they converted to?

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
2,891 posts
10,415 battles
4 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

If you have Guineas left over after the event, I grew impatient and purchased enough Guineas to by the Cossack, what are they converted to?

According to the event article, silver.

• Cool 1

Players
998 posts
8,214 battles
Vor 22 Stunden, thiextar sagte:

I cant seem to find the original post about the event, and i cant remember how many total stages there are nor what stage we are even on at this point,

As per the news announcement, the RN arc will continue all the way through the upcoming next patch.

So it should be 16 more Guineas in Update 0.7.11.

Players
998 posts
8,214 battles
Vor 22 Stunden, Klopirat sagte:

36, after 9 stages, and with 3 more stages to come with 0.7.11.

Hunh?!

In https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-079-royal-navy/  it clearly says there are four stages to each Update?!

"Each of the three versions covering the entire Royal Navy event consists of four Stages, each lasting one week."

Four guineas, four stages in 0.7.11. makes 16 Guineas by my reckoning?

Times 3 for the three Updates this whole event stretches across, makes 48, which is the total number of guineas I clearly remember being communicated.

[SM0KE]
Players
1,882 posts
5,337 battles
23 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Depending on how many Guineas you have, it *might* be worth buying a few extra - if you already have Cossack, and get her again for Guineas, you get the value in doubloons.

This is essentially what I'm doing: I bought Cossack more or less on day 1 she was available, and have been collecting Guineas since for the doubloons (plus, a bit of extra silver, as the cheap ten Guineas pack will put me a few over the necessary 50 by the end).

Edit: according to the online version of the Arsenal, Cossack nets you 9,600 doubloons, if you have her already.

[SM0KE]
Players
1,882 posts
5,337 battles
1 minute ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

@Verblonde I have 15 Guineas.

Ah. Presumably, the silver is the better bet...?

I make it 26.91 UKP to get the extra 35 Guineas; 30.62 UKP will get you the 10K doubloons pack...!

Players
422 posts
4,209 battles

@Verblonde I presume you bought the Cossack for moneys? I did as well and next week will cash in on the doubloons compensation when I convert my guineas. From @Migantium_Mashum I got the impression, that he bought the Cossack for guineas from the Arsenal in the first place. In which case it wouldn't make any sense to try to buy it a second time from the Arsenal - it just wouldn't be good value. If it was even possible at all... I get the impression, you can only buy it once through the Arsenal.

[SM0KE]
Players
1,882 posts
5,337 battles
3 minutes ago, mrk421 said:

@Verblonde I presume you bought the Cossack for moneys? I did as well and next week will cash in on the doubloons compensation when I convert my guineas. From @Migantium_Mashum I got the impression, that he bought the Cossack for guineas from the Arsenal in the first place. In which case it wouldn't make any sense to try to buy it a second time from the Arsenal - it just wouldn't be good value. If it was even possible at all... I get the impression, you can only buy it once through the Arsenal.

Aye - cold hard cash (ish - you know what I mean).

That's a good point: has anyone bought Cossack through the Arsenal via Guineas yet? If so, is it now greyed out? Or did the same for either Warspite and/or Gallant? None of mine are greyed out, but I didn't buy any of them via the Arsenal...

Players
841 posts
8,102 battles

@mrk421 

@Verblonde

I got to 20 Guineas then to 30 Guineas buying 10 for less than £1 and decided to buy 20 Guineas to take me to 50 when I got tired of this grind...that takes forever... so at 50 I purchased the Cossack. 

I don't think anyone relying on the Guinea pay out from the missions will have reached 50 yet.. and I have no option for Cossack in my Arsenal.

She is a good DD with 5.5km concealment, she has 4 torpedoes that fire single or full rack, her guns are pretty powerful and she does cause fires I think over and above the % indicated. She also is extremely manoeuvrable and turns fast... As a DD player I like her and she can hold her own in TX...

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,882 posts
5,337 battles
12 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

As a DD player I like her and she can hold her own in TX...

Agree! I won't be whinging about the buffs she's due to get this week though...

• Cool 1

Players
841 posts
8,102 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

Agree! I won't be whinging about the buffs she's due to get this week though...

Buffs... must have missed that... extra torpedoes?

[SM0KE]
Players
1,882 posts
5,337 battles
1 minute ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Buffs... must have missed that... extra torpedoes?

Nah - from memory: turret rate of turn doubled, and torp reload drops to a shade over a minute...

• Cool 1

Players
841 posts
8,102 battles
Just now, Verblonde said:

Nah - from memory: turret rate of turn doubled, and torp reload drops to a shade over a minute...

Nice... I reckon I can just about cope with that...:Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this