Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

Clan Wars: Season 4

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,144 posts
8,307 battles

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/clan-battles-north/

• Season start: November 28
  • Season end: January 20
  • Gaming sessions available on: Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
  • Prime time: 19:00—23:00 CET (UTC+1)

Ship restrictions: Tier X

Maps:
Land of Fire, Islands of Ice, Sea of Fortune, Warrior's Path, Sleeping Giant, Tears of the Desert, North

(Domination mode)

Coss-Server-MM: not this Season, still wip

Rating System Tweaks:
Last season we noticed that it was pretty hard for clans to move between Leagues. As a result of this, we did some research and further improved the logic of the system. In the new season, progression (i.e. climbing up the Rating system) will be smoother, and those cases where clans are matched to play against the same opposing teams will be less frequent.

Thx for the rating changes WG.

For me it is ok that it is TX again.

What could be improved:

If it would not be scheduled around X-mas and New Year.

Ranked would be easier at this time of the year, because you can do that whenever you have the time. CW requires the whole team to be available in the evening at specific times, which will be very hard during all of Christmas-Season and New Years. @Crysantos @MrConway

28 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Point is: December is chockfull with family related holidays and assorted festivities, which is basically the antithesis to sitting in front of a PC for hours and there's no pressing reason why WG shouldn't schedule CBs into a timeframe sometime either prior or following the christmas/new year's season.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[ADRIA]
Players
222 posts
9,957 battles
12 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

What could be improved:

Ranked would be easier at this time of the year, because you can do that whenever you have the time. CW requires the whole team to be available in the evening at specific times, which will be very hard around the holidays.

You are talking about a period of a week when a clan wars season 4 is almost 2 months long. It's been too long since last season i say bring it on! :fish_viking:

Beta Tester
2,144 posts
8,307 battles
3 minutes ago, quickr said:

You are talking about a period of a week when a clan wars season 4 is almost 2 months long. It's been too long since last season i say bring it on! :fish_viking:

I am talking about 2-3 weeks where a lot of people will be gone for the holidays, or at least not available. 

And if you are a small clan with high ambitions, you actually have a tight schedule every CW. Guess we will not be able to reach our goals this season. 

[ADRIA]
Players
222 posts
9,957 battles
1 minute ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

I am talking about 2-3 weeks where a lot of people will be gone for the holidays, or at least not available. 

And if you are a small clan with high ambitions, you actually have a tight schedule every CW. Guess we will not be able to reach our goals this season. 

Same case can be made for almost entire year... "why now, it's winter holidays, i'm in the alps skiing", "why now, it's easter holiday",  "why now i'm not at home, i'm visiting my family in Zimbabwe", "why now it's summer holidays", "why now, it's exam season", "why now, i'm sitting in a hospital with broken leg" or whatever....  

It's a two month season, i'm sure everyone will manage 1 or 2 or even 3 weeks of reduced play during xmas and new year, tho i'm fairly sure even then people will find a way to neglect their families and play the game ;) 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,144 posts
8,307 battles
7 minutes ago, quickr said:

Same case can be made for almost entire year... "why now, it's winter holidays, i'm in the alps skiing", "why now, it's easter holiday",  "why now i'm not at home, i'm visiting my family in Zimbabwe", "why now it's summer holidays", "why now, it's exam season", "why now, i'm sitting in a hospital with broken leg" or whatever....  

It's a two month season, i'm sure everyone will manage 1 or 2 or even 3 weeks of reduced play during xmas and new year, tho i'm fairly sure even then people will find a way to neglect their families and play the game ;) 

December is way more packed with evening-events related to work, friends and familiy than any other month of the year.

I am sure most people can relate.

Ranked would just be much easier to fit in.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,115 posts
9,269 battles
6 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

December is way more packed with evening-events related to work, friends and familiy than any other month of the year.

Not to mention that people tend to visit family abroad over christmas and new year and not everyone brings their PC along for the ride or can just appropriate a family member's PC, nevermind do so over several hours during a CB session.

30 minutes ago, quickr said:

You are talking about a period of a week when a clan wars season 4 is almost 2 months long.

Referring to what I jsut wrote above, that one week period amounts to roughly three weeks during which I limited access to a PC (and I'd have to fight my father for it) and even less intention of NOT spending my time with my family.

Suddenly that single week looks more like half the season ...

2 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

so I guess the Global CBs with selectable prime time didnt make it in?

No it didn't.

[ADRIA]
Players
222 posts
9,957 battles
11 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Referring to what I just wrote above, that one week period amounts to roughly three weeks during which I limited access to a PC (and I'd have to fight my father for it) and even less intention of NOT spending my time with my family.

Suddenly that single week looks more like half the season ...

26 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

So what you are saying it's inconvenient for you... Thankfully player base is bigger than just two of you

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,115 posts
9,269 battles
1 minute ago, quickr said:

So what you are saying it's inconvenient for you... Thankfully player base is bigger than just two of you

Don't even try to spin this into a "you two vs the world" narrative, that's hardly representative and you should know that.

I could just the same turn that argumentation of yours around and say it's just inconvenient for you to wait a bit longer for CBs and that the playerbase is bigger than just you. See how that isn't exactly a productive point to make?

Point is: December is chockfull with family related holidays and assorted festivities, which is basically the antithesis to sitting in front of a PC for hours and there's no pressing reason why WG shouldn't schedule CBs into a timeframe sometime either prior or following the christmas/new year's season.

• Cool 5

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,014 posts
2,167 battles
59 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

so I guess the Global CBs with selectable prime time didnt make it in?

Unfortunately not. We really wanted to roll them out with the season but we encountered some very serious game and server breaking bugs that couldn't be resolved in time for the season.

Hopefully we can do something cross-server not long after.

1 hour ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/clan-battles-north/

• Season start: November 28
  • Season end: January 20
  • Gaming sessions available on: Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
  • Prime time: 19:00—23:00 CET (UTC+1)

Ship restrictions: Tier X

Maps:
Land of Fire, Islands of Ice, Sea of Fortune, Warrior's Path, Sleeping Giant, Tears of the Desert, North

(Domination mode)

Coss-Server-MM: not this Season, still wip

Rating System Tweaks:
Last season we noticed that it was pretty hard for clans to move between Leagues. As a result of this, we did some research and further improved the logic of the system. In the new season, progression (i.e. climbing up the Rating system) will be smoother, and those cases where clans are matched to play against the same opposing teams will be less frequent.

Thx for the rating changes WG.

For me it is ok that it is TX again.

What could be improved:

Ranked would be easier at this time of the year, because you can do that whenever you have the time. CW requires the whole team to be available in the evening at specific times, which will be very hard during all of Christmas-Season and New Years. @Crysantos @MrConway

I understand where you are coming from, but you should also consider that not everyone is in the same boat as you.

The season will be quite long and should give everyone the chance to play. Many of us have families to be with, but many others do not and have plenty of time to play during the holidays. We will never be able to please everyone with our timing.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,144 posts
8,307 battles
13 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I understand where you are coming from, but you should also consider that not everyone is in the same boat as you.

The season will be quite long and should give everyone the chance to play. Many of us have families to be with, but many others do not and have plenty of time to play during the holidays. We will never be able to please everyone with our timing.

Thx Mr. C. 

That is why I was suggesting Ranked for this time of the year (like last holiday season).

It gives everyone something to play, but is not limited to a specific time/day. 

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,987 posts
16,618 battles
21 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Unfortunately not. We really wanted to roll them out with the season but we encountered some very serious game and server breaking bugs that couldn't be resolved in time for the season.

Hopefully we can do something cross-server not long after.

Please, I want to kick some Russian arse. :Smile_veryhappy:

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,014 posts
2,167 battles
2 minutes ago, 22cm said:

From what I hear that feeling is very much mutual :cap_popcorn:

[SCRUB]
Players
7,115 posts
9,269 battles
8 minutes ago, MrConway said:
10 minutes ago, 22cm said:

From what I hear that feeling is very much mutual :cap_popcorn:

Can't we just agree to kick US buttocks? A friendship building military exercise!

Sign in to follow this