You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BLUB__BLUB

Can I do better?

78 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
4,645 posts
6,373 battles
3 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Yeah won't kill him (hahaha like ever, he's twice the size), I did get nice fire damage from him though. Monarch causes reasonable amounts of fire.

Plus I'm not that sure if I can hit those DDs at all (Monarch has awful dispersion).  With any other ship I'd have tried, I'm sure would have gotten at least one with Hood or Arizona or Q.E..

Monarch? Hmmm... TBH think maybe better to shoot a large target (can't miss...) that burns well than a small DD with it... but maybe I'm wrong. Will give it a try. 

Well, see it like this, because i had the same arguement in a Ranked sprint game with one of our T5 BBs:

DDs all the time spotted, but your New York said, he wont shoot DDs because he deals like one overpen worth of damage.

What most players dont account for, is that if EVERYONE would deal a little bit damage, the DD would be dead.

Sure you can be unlucky and dont hit at all, that doesnt happen too often (if you aim well)

Normaly you will hit atleast one, or more if the DD is broadside/turning. Even 3-4 overpens from a BB is a good chunk which will help your teammates kill that DD faster.

Rarely you will deal massive damage because you got lucky with dispersion.

A DD is the biggest threat to your ability to be undetected if needed. You have good concealment in your Monarch (could be better with CE as you know), which opens up really A LOT (i mean that) of opportunities for you. There are some Cruisers which can outspot you, but they usually dont want to rush you. That means they might kite away and shoot you, but then they wont spot you anymore.

If you are operating close to your detection range against targets you can spot yourself, you can really annoy them. Looks at you while you are going stealth? Wait a moment, he will turn his guns elsewhere. Then shoot again :cap_haloween:

Thats the best scenario, if the enemy is turning his guns all the time but cant shoot :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,482 battles
15 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Well, that was more like 'I am sick of this camping nobody does anything'.

I definitely know this :cap_old:. Your team has all caps, 400 points advantage and the reds are still reversing in their spawn. Annoying. Sometimes I cant take this and suicide into them.

17 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Thanks for the tips, hope I get any better. :cap_like:

IMO - that game looked a lot better then the one before. I liked the central position, although, as mentioned before, it was a bit risky.

• Cool 1

Players
2,693 posts
2,950 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Well, see it like this, because i had the same arguement in a Ranked sprint game with one of our T5 BBs:

DDs all the time spotted, but your New York said, he wont shoot DDs because he deals like one overpen worth of damage.

What most players dont account for, is that if EVERYONE would deal a little bit damage, the DD would be dead.

If I am in the NY I always shoot DDs... I can one-shot the poor b*astards at 18km, even when moving I'll get some hits, no problem.

NY is pretty accurate, even with AP loaded, DDs get hell. But... this is a Monarch... have a look at how I hit the Currywurst.

If I was in NY I think not one of those shells would miss the Currywurst. And those DDs at TX are a bit faster, too.

Sure you can be unlucky and dont hit at all, that doesnt happen too often (if you aim well)

Normaly you will hit atleast one, or more if the DD is broadside/turning. Even 3-4 overpens from a BB is a good chunk which will help your teammates kill that DD faster.

Rarely you will deal massive damage because you got lucky with dispersion.

In NY I just shoot turret-by-turret. I have many kills on DDs. And I had the HE loaded in Monarch.

Now - between 'low damage' being a problem, and DDs damn g hard to shoot in Monarch... choose Currywurst.

I'll try shoot the DDs next time... you'll go LOLOLOL ast the derp dispersion. Maybe If I can get all the guns on a DD at 5 km...

I had it happen they came really close, I shot all front guns in them, and still they had more than 50% health remaining.

In Hood, Arizona, whatever - such a DD is dead. Not in Monarch... 

A DD is the biggest threat to your ability to be undetected if needed. You have good concealment in your Monarch (could be better with CE as you know), which opens up really A LOT (i mean that) of opportunities for you. There are some Cruisers which can outspot you, but they usually dont want to rush you. That means they might kite away and shoot you, but then they wont spot you anymore.

If you are operating close to your detection range against targets you can spot yourself, you can really annoy them. Looks at you while you are going stealth? Wait a moment, he will turn his guns elsewhere. Then shoot again :cap_haloween:

Thats the best scenario, if the enemy is turning his guns all the time but cant shoot :cap_rambo:

I know that trick... maybe that's it with Monarch. As it sure turns like sh... and the turret rotation is also sh... maybe if I can get close enough?

I do that trick all the time in Hood... sneak up, blast them full of AP, and then kite, going in-out of concealment. 

3 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

I definitely know this :cap_old:. Your team has all caps, 400 points advantage and the reds are still reversing in their spawn. Annoying. Sometimes I cant take this and suicide into them.

They all went to the right side of those islands. Was expecting to at least get one of them... that would be as stupid as to 'cross the island line'.

I was a bit unlucky I got detected by the DD that was near, the others were far enough. If that DD had not been there, I'd have gotten a nice cruiser kill,

and then I'd have gone straight to hide behind the next island. But, got detected, pulled full reverse, then found that Monarch also has NO BRAKES. Duh!

3 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

IMO - that game looked a lot better then the one before. I liked the central position, although, as mentioned before, it was a bit risky.

Yes it was, and I knew it. But a sunk T8 BB would not have mattered, AND also the other guy advised to go a bit yolo sometimes.

He was right too, 82k in a TX game, not bad compared to my average.