You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BLUB__BLUB

Can I do better?

78 comments in this topic

Players
2,630 posts
2,912 battles
14 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

It is exactly what I said, except for the shiny pictures :Smile_coin:

Yours was good too, if somewhat short. Though he explained it better and went more into details. 

Alpha Tester
1,858 posts
5,441 battles
1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I do too, but it's on there since King George the Filth. Served me well in that. 

Ah, I was referencing the KGV the entire time (since that was the ship discussed at that point). For Monarch, your penetration goes from 94 mm to 123 mm which means that you can HE-citadel the following:

• IJN cruisers if you manage to avoid the torpedo bulge (Zao cannot be citadelled by HE)
  • Chapayev (Schors can be citadelled without IFHE)
  • French cruisers at certain areas (beneath the turrets except on the Henri which cannot be citadelled by HE)
  • RN CLs
  • Seattle
  • (a bunch of lower tier ships but the majority of these can be HE-citadelled without IFHE)

Once again, it depends on what you consider a worthwhile use of 4 captain skill points. I would like to note that the poor accuracy of the Monarch means that you are very unlikely to reliably citadel ships anyway so the ability to HE citadel might not be the best feature to improve. I would definitely go for Concealment Expert though, since that skill is always useful and will be even more so on the following ships (though I despise that feature of the RN BBs).

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
4,604 posts
6,349 battles
17 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Yes, i saw they moved off to A - but that was 1. too far away and 2. who goed to that afterthought cap, when you are there you are stuck.

The green ring would indeed be the prefered position, but nobody went B... and nobody covered the poor DD to C.

Usually the green position gives you more versatility. If you go behind the island where you went, it basicly only benefits you if the enemies are actively pushing into C, so you could flank around and get their broadsides. This rarely happens. In this case, it happened too late and your side didnt have enough power to stop them anyway.

If the enemies arent going towards C, then again, being closer to B helps that you can engage enemies there.

b2.jpg.0645f09bfc641f98ce1a687a8ba2547a.jpg

This is what i mean. You have many options depending on what the enemy is doing.

I often stay around that green area at first, see whats happening. If the enemy is strong on C, then you can kite away back to your spawn (left bottom line, or once i even was kiting into right corner, to get a crossfire going)

- Right lower line: Basicly the position you went also, if necessary, i can go there also.

- Right upper line: If enemies sit behind islands at B and arent advancing, to get shots at them

- Left upper line: Aggressive push if the enemies are sitting in spawn / most at A.

The last 2 are mostly advisable when you know what you are doing. Heavy DD or CV games usually prevent those movements, as they can punish you too easily. But sometimes they are needed to get a crossfire going. Or if the enemy is so weak that you want to farm damage.

That's a good point. What about, if nobody goes B? And would it (well, obviously as he was a potato, now we knoe...) be advisable to let the DD go alone?

You should be able to get shots into C from my position also, the position isnt much further away. Also, you can get broadside Cruisers at that position much easier, thus helping your DD that way.

Yes, it is something I have to learn. Might mean that is why I do too little damage.

Yes, it is^^

There are very few ships which are capable of dealing decent damage even when out of position.

That was the Maass, not the Mahan. I saw him going up north when I saw the Lyon. I knew it was wasted then, sort of a facepalm moment. 

Basically I was turning to 1. see what the Spee would do (maybe surprise him) 2. getting back to B as C was, well, lost, basically.

And 3. I wasn't sure where the rest of the reds was - turned out, they were coming to A. Duh.

Ye, i knew it was Mahan or Maass, something with Ma...:cap_hmm:

Thats why its advisable to wait a moment, and see if the majority of the enemy fleet is detected somewhere. You dont want to commit too early, and then realize it didnt do you any good. Nowadays ppl are so often running towards the border, that staying in the center of the map isnt even dangerous anymore. But from there you can decide what you want to do faster.

Good point, crossfire. I was thinking joining up with the Lyon would give some air-protection (combined AA) as I supposed that's where the planes would go.

in general a good idea, Lyon does have good AA however, and the enemy CV was only T6.

Remnant of KGV I guess. That one, you're better off showing broadside than nose. Note to self: must learn more about Monarch armour.

Didn't know that. Also a remnant of KGV, I guess. Also I can hurt most other BBs pretty bad shooting IFHE on the nose.

Thats basicly the huge difference between <T8 BBs and T8+BBs.

KGV bow armor is weak, as you know. Everyone can overmatch it except all T5 BBs, Fuso, New Mex, Lyon and Scharnhorst.

Monarch has 32mm bow armor, (as all T8+ BBs) it can bounce all shells except Yamato and Musashi, so if you are toptier in T8, you can easily win a bow vs bow battle against a lowtier BB (german ones are trickier tho), because they wont deal too much damage, unless they use HE. You would be better of not using your back turret, unless you maneuver in between his shots.

The problem of meeting a Lyon is he has so many guns he can't miss. Usually I try this trick, and usually the go broadside to get more guns on target.

They think the Monarch will not shoot AP... but this one will... Also I get somewhat careless when I see the game is sort of thrown and I'm almost full health.

Ye, lyon is... bah. Too many guns.

Ive been thinking about Monarch aswell, since many ppl say its crap. Many ppl said QE is crap too, but i think its strong (i basicly used only AP). Maybe Monarch is also better of using AP? Not sure... But it has awesome concealment, so that might be an option by sneaking up and blasting the enemies with surpise AP. But ill see when i get there, will still take time :fish_book:

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
4,604 posts
6,349 battles
21 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I know, but could I have scored more dmg?

Yes, i believe so.

Id say you missed out easily on ~4 salvos in between, and a bit smarter play in the end might have gotten you more damage aswell.

• Cool 1

Players
2,630 posts
2,912 battles
16 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Lion is kinda meh. You'll be praying a lot to RNGesus when playing her. In some games she performs extremely well, in others you'll struggle to do anything meaningful.

Still, overall she's not bad, just not good either. I'm willing to at least play that ship unlike that piece of garbage they call "Monarch".

I'll inform the goat farm I'm extending my subscription to their produce...

So far, I'm finding the Bone-Argh a better one than King Grog the Filth. Certainly not a keeper though.

3 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Use right click. It locks your turret on place while you're looking around. Actually, get addicted to right clic. It gives you so much situational awareness. Stay in sniper mode and between two salvo stay on right click to get out of sniper while you reload.

One thing in this game is KEEP. LOOKING. AROUND.

I do use right-click, a lot... In this case, I was in doubt if I wanted to get back, but made full circle when I saw our Lyon.

I know there are also specific keys to lock the guns to a sector, but I dunno which ones. 

I'll probably find out at an inconvenient moment (not being able to turn the guns...LOL).

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,305 posts
6,848 battles

It's SHIFT+X and CTRL+X.

CTRL+X locks your turret in place. They just stops turning, while SHIFT+X locks them into the point you are currently aiming. Quite useful when trying to blind a smoke and you wants to keep your guns on the target that just disappeared.

To unlock, just select a target. (with X)

• Cool 1

Players
2,630 posts
2,912 battles
26 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Ah, I was referencing the KGV the entire time (since that was the ship discussed at that point). For Monarch, your penetration goes from 94 mm to 123 mm which means that you can HE-citadel the followingl:

• IJN cruisers if you manage to avoid the torpedo bulge (Zao cannot be citadelled by HE)
  • Chapayev (Schors can be citadelled without IFHE)
  • French cruisers at certain areas (beneath the turrets except on the Henri which cannot be citadelled by HE)
  • RN CLs
  • Seattle
  • (a bunch of lower tier ships but the majority of these can be HE-citadelled without IFHE)

Did calculate something like that. Plus assorted bows and rear ends of BBS in higher tier, but not sure of that.

On KGV I x considered it "worth it", since I found the thing impossible to play otherwise. On Monarch, well, not that much.

On Zao player and a Fiji captain found out though and it WOULD have been worth it if I could have a pic of their faces. 

The salt in chat was nice though. 

26 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Once again, it depends on what you consider a worthwhile use of 4 captain skill points. I would like to note that the poor accuracy of the Monarch means that you are very unlikely to reliably citadel ships anyway so the ability to HE citadel might not be the best feature to improve. I would definitely go for Concealment Expert though, since that skill is always useful and will be even more so on the following ships (though I despise that feature on RN BBs).

Accuracy is just RNG and depends how many goats you offered.... Any more than 10k and it could work FOR you or AGAINST you.

But what I consider, of the list above, there's not much that cannot be done by AP anyway except at extreme angles. Yes, much less useful on Monarch.

But it depends on what you meet. If I tend to meet lots of RN CLs, Seattles and Zaos it might come in very handy (citadel Zao at any angle, yes?)... Hmmm...

For now it stays anyway since I haven't got enough cpt XP and/or dubloons for a re-spec. 

The CE discussion is a nice one: suppose I got a Conqueror, detection range 15.5 minus 14.4%, then minus 3% (camo), I'd end up with 12.8km.

Ok so then what, I approach a cruiser to 12.7k, and shoot him. After that, I stay detected for 20 secs. Could do that to a Des Moines, in theory I could even shoot from 13.6km.

So I'd get away undetected... if I killed him in one shot. But would I? Or would I be detected, stop firing but get detected again and again and burn to a crisp?

I'd still be detected by the Zao - has 12,6 standard and no doubt they at least run a camo. Would not detect it before it detected me. Can I one-shot it? How about his friends?

I can see the use in 'cloaking up'.  But I have no problems with that right now, either. Then I just shoot from 15k - my buddies will detect him for me, or if he fires, I will do so myself.

It can even lead to problems. I get the 'detected' warning now very soon, when a DD is near. At least I can take countermeasure when he  is at 10k...  and he will ALWAYS see me before I see him.

So, I do not really see the 'big' advantage. I'd take AFT and some other stuff I guess. But by that time he'll be a 19pt captain so we'll see. 

15 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Usually the green position gives you more versatility. If you go behind the island where you went, it basicly only benefits you if the enemies are actively pushing into C, so you could flank around and get their broadsides. This rarely happens. In this case, it happened too late and your side didnt have enough power to stop them anyway.

If the enemies arent going towards C, then again, being closer to B helps that you can engage enemies there.

b2.jpg.0645f09bfc641f98ce1a687a8ba2547a.jpg

Sure, but if I was in the green circle, and enemies got to B and C, only the DD at C would tell me. Nobody was going to B (or maybe I missed it...).

Since it makes sense to go to that green circle, it also does so for the enemy. Therefore, not only does it offer the best shooting option, it also offers the best 'shoot me' option.

Remember - I saw my team leaving for A and C.... nov body spotting B and I have no idea who goes there. Might meet half the enemy team. 

This is what i mean. You have many options depending on what the enemy is doing.

I often stay around that green area at first, see whats happening. If the enemy is strong on C, then you can kite away back to your spawn (left bottom line, or once i even was kiting into right corner, to get a crossfire going)

- Right lower line: Basicly the position you went also, if necessary, i can go there also.

- Right upper line: If enemies sit behind islands at B and arent advancing, to get shots at them

- Left upper line: Aggressive push if the enemies are sitting in spawn / most at A.

The last 2 are mostly advisable when you know what you are doing. Heavy DD or CV games usually prevent those movements, as they can punish you too easily. But sometimes they are needed to get a crossfire going. Or if the enemy is so weak that you want to farm damage.

Good ones. The last ones I better not try, I'm not that confident in this boat (would do it in Hood though).

You should be able to get shots into C from my position also, the position isnt much further away. Also, you can get broadside Cruisers at that position much easier, thus helping your DD that way.

I'm not sure if my shots would clear the islands. 

Yes, it is^^

There are very few ships which are capable of dealing decent damage even when out of position.

Noted. I think the US BBs are though. Especially New York.

Ye, i knew it was Mahan or Maass, something with Ma...:cap_hmm:

Thats why its advisable to wait a moment, and see if the majority of the enemy fleet is detected somewhere. You dont want to commit too early, and then realize it didnt do you any good. Nowadays ppl are so often running towards the border, that staying in the center of the map isnt even dangerous anymore. But from there you can decide what you want to do faster.

Probably it was a mistake to go after that DD. Might have been better if I had waited indeed. 

in general a good idea, Lyon does have good AA however, and the enemy CV was only T6.

Yes but you can never know which one is the bigger potato. 

Thats basicly the huge difference between <T8 BBs and T8+BBs.

KGV bow armor is weak, as you know. Everyone can overmatch it except all T5 BBs, Fuso, New Mex, Lyon and Scharnhorst.

Monarch has 32mm bow armor, (as all T8+ BBs) it can bounce all shells except Yamato and Musashi, so if you are toptier in T8, you can easily win a bow vs bow battle against a lowtier BB (german ones are trickier tho), because they wont deal too much damage, unless they use HE. You would be better of not using your back turret, unless you maneuver in between his shots.

I'll remember that. BTW I always swing around, and always take the 'reduce rudder shift time' thing.

Ye, lyon is... bah. Too many guns.

Ive been thinking about Monarch aswell, since many ppl say its crap. Many ppl said QE is crap too, but i think its strong (i basicly used only AP). Maybe Monarch is also better of using AP? Not sure... But it has awesome concealment, so that might be an option by sneaking up and blasting the enemies with surpise AP. But ill see when i get there, will still take time :fish_book:

I loved Queen E. I think I;d do better in QE than in KGV (in fact I know, as we have done a few 'fail divisions' and sometimes ended up T9). 

Monarch is much more speedy. Also a bit more manoeuvrable. The guns are stronger (a bit) but also more 'derp' (a lot). I use AP mostly. 

12 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Yes, i believe so.

Id say you missed out easily on ~4 salvos in between, and a bit smarter play in the end might have gotten you more damage aswell.

I think too. Must work on that. Could have been 80k easy then, maybe 100. Still a loss though. 

Players
2,630 posts
2,912 battles
18 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

It's SHIFT+X and CTRL+X.

CTRL+X locks your turret in place. They just stops turning, while SHIFT+X locks them into the point you are currently aiming. Quite useful when trying to blind a smoke and you wants to keep your guns on the target that just disappeared.

To unlock, just select a target. (with X)

That deserves a sticky, IMO. :cap_like::cap_like::cap_like:

[AAO]
Players
1,909 posts
9,921 battles
3 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

That deserves a sticky, IMO. :cap_like::cap_like::cap_like:

Why?

It's so well explained in the game tutorial...

Spoiler

/s

• Funny 3

Players
2,630 posts
2,912 battles
Just now, Saiyko said:

Why?

Reveal hidden contents

/s

:fish_nerv: ----> explains why it didn't come with my Russian black market rip-off version.... 

Players
4,085 posts
6,449 battles
1 minute ago, Saiyko said:

Why?

That one is truly horrible. If I have to tell, how long it took me to notice SHIFT+X, I´d have to give an astimate in years...and it still hasnt made it in my routine, eventhough its so powerful in certain situations.

Players
2,630 posts
2,912 battles
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

That one is truly horrible. If I have to tell, how long it took me to notice SHIFT+X, I´d have to give an astimate in years...and it still hasnt made it in my routine, eventhough its so powerful in certain situations.

Well, in this case, I wanted to rotate the ship behind the island, so I tried to rotate the guns ahead.

But if I had known SHIFT X, and just locked the guns on bearing, the rear guns would have rotated fine,

the front ones would have gone waaayyy port first, and after that would have to rotate the whole lot startboard again. 

• Cool 1

[UTW]
8,305 posts
6,848 battles

Shift X is not something I use myself often. It's a bit hard to use it on the fly while you're suddenly losing the tracking on a target. Your guns tends to drift immediately away. 

Ctrl+X is very useful when you do a specific maneuver and don't want your turrets to follow on the other hand.

Players
4,085 posts
6,449 battles
8 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Shift X is not something I use myself often. It's a bit hard to use it on the fly while you're suddenly losing the tracking on a target. Your guns tends to drift immediately away. 

Its true. In situations, where you see a ship slowing down while smoking up, and you are moving, it is the best I guess. I still usualy keep the aim manualy on spot and look for gun bloom, to adjust where I shoot.

Players
2,630 posts
2,912 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Its true. In situations, where you see a ship slowing down while smoking up, and you are moving, it is the best I guess. I still usualy keep the aim manualy on spot and look for gun bloom, to adjust where I shoot.

I just instakilled an Icarus, shot HE into smoke with Monarch. Used the location of him firing, salvo per turret with light spread. BoomBoomBoom.

Also I shot a Kutuzov that was broadside behind an island at 18km, firing HE at our DD. 2 citadels, and then some. DD finished him after that.

That Monarch dispersion is not that bad in such cases. The dispersion actually helps, sort of. Nice pepper pattern.

Players
2,630 posts
2,912 battles

Allrighty.... here's sort of what I do in a tier X game. Now I know this map a little a bit. Usually the whole lot goes hide behind a mountain.

So I guessed that was probably the best, acting like a fat oversize cruiser, but I wasn't gonna leave our DD totally alone.

Sure enough, first a red DD, then there came a Jean Bart, and I gave him some holes (not much though) and then took cover.

Our DM and some other HE spammer were on same side too and no more came, so they took care of him.

Went to have a look on the other side, saw some HE-cruisers hiding, one of them not careful enough... BOOM BOOM... no cigar.

Then the DD spotted me, of course he fires torps, but hey, I do have reverse.... no luck for him, heheh. 

Then it all breaks loose, I shoot a few cruisers full of holes, and of course there is a broadsiding Tirpitz in there as well.

BTW - man a Hindenburg is tough, or maybe I just can't shoot straight? Hot damn. I'd rather smack Tirpitzes.

Maybe should have used IFHE on him? Will try that next time, I'm a bit disappointed (it's a win though and I'm not even last or dead).

Tip paid off: they can't penetrate my bow (Hindy kept shooting AP LMAO). Thanks @DFens_666 :cap_like:

HOW CAN I DO BETTER?

Spoiler

Mon_001.thumb.jpg.8bf715ac17f834aa1580b2e3308396f4.jpgMon_002.thumb.jpg.b80930efdb3716fd16f3798bbdd217f5.jpgMon_003.thumb.jpg.56b5bbce2ae9f249d3344b5d8826a64c.jpg

20181119_211008_PBSB108-Monarch_37_Ridge ---.wowsreplay

[UTW]
8,305 posts
6,848 battles

Well this game was a stomp so it's hard to say without watching the replay (can't be bothered sorry), the damage is still a bit low and so is your accuracy however. Your damage per hit is good so at least when you hit, you hurts where it hurts. But practice your aiming I'd say.

Players
2,630 posts
2,912 battles
1 minute ago, ShinGetsu said:

Well this game was a stomp so it's hard to say without watching the replay (can't be bothered sorry), the damage is still a bit low and so is your accuracy however. Your damage per hit is good so at least when you hit, you hurts where it hurts. But practice your aiming I'd say.

Why practise the aiming? I sort of hit everything I was aiming for. Wasn't much to shoot at though, they were all hiding.

And when they came out, well, lots of the others were faster than me. So they got to the feast first. 

STill took almost 13 minutes to kill 'em all. 

[UTW]
8,305 posts
6,848 battles

You got 23 hits for 99 shots, usually BB accuracy should fares around 30% hitrate, not 23-25%. That's why I said that.

May have been the RNG and the fact you had to snipe tho.

Players
2,630 posts
2,912 battles
19 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

You got 23 hits for 99 shots, usually BB accuracy should fares around 30% hitrate, not 23-25%. That's why I said that.

May have been the RNG and the fact you had to snipe tho.

Well I hit about 99% but 75% of that was mountain... nah it's bad but everybody says that, I think it's not THAT bad.

At least I manage 1-2 shells at 18km distance on a moving cruiser, I do not expect any better.

Under 10k it performs fine but that's not happening in a Tier X match. 

Really the Monarch is not such a good ship for shooting, most of them are better (at least the ones I tried) even KGV. 

It's not just RNG, the positioning of the guns is not really handy, when you shoot at a ship that is bow-in you hit one shell and miss two.

If that was a real ship the gunnery factory would probably face a court martial. That front gun, one goes straight and the other two will go off a mile.

It's not bad for broadsiding Tirpitzes though. You can afford to aim off by half a mile and still get a good citadel.:cap_like:

Ah well, in Hood I'd have gotten two... can't have it all. 

Players
2,630 posts
2,912 battles

Another TX game... camped behind a rock for a while, spammed HE at a Currywurst. He burned nicely.

Then after a while I got bored and stuck my head around... got a few shots off at the red ones that were camping there.

But hey, as expected everybody started to shoot HE at me so I retreated... DD came to the rescue and set smoke... so off I went.

This seemed to be the start of all hell break loose. Good. I managed to survive and deal 80k damage.

@ShinGetsu 120 fired, 41 hits. Better?

Getting better at it, thanks to you guys. 

Spoiler

MON_TX3.thumb.jpg.ddc3aa47f724c4ed04ea426bf958d2b0.jpgMON_TX2.thumb.jpg.173331e18c238a4ac19391e1cf40f6ae.jpgMON_TX1.thumb.jpg.5a4ffdabb7c103d23aff9ff7fe0a38cf.jpg

20181120_210957_PBSB108-Monarch_37_MtnRange---.wowsreplay

[NWP]
Players
4,604 posts
6,349 battles

17 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Had a quick look at that (i watched in fast forward :Smile-_tongue:)

- Definetely shoot DDs more often. Early in the game you kept shooting the GK at maxrange, while you had 2 DDs within 14km. Even if you hit only one shell, its basicly 2k damage. In the end, it will make life easier for you to deal damage because you dont have to be afraid of DDs.

- Your initial position was a bit risky, but it worked because your DDs were infront of you. If they abandon you however, it might turn out badly. At one point, i dont understand why you moved forward tunnelvisioning the GK. Was it worth it? Id say no. The risk was too big.

- When you went in to B: (very risky, your DDs were behind you, but you went in pushing, ofc enemies were far away at A/C, but still a DD ahead of you)

Spoiler

shot-18_11.21_16_48.08-0631.thumb.jpg.74beb21cc790e24ef29f10ec53c0462f.jpg

The Yueyang made it easy for you by smoking up. This should tell you, hey, torps are coming your way!! You went in a straight line, so you should turned in fully, maybe you could have dodged even the torp you took (because you turned out again). But wow, that YY was stupid, even left his smoke that you spot him. Horrible move however, you rather shot the Yamato (lets face it, he was dead anyway) and let the YY escape. You knew his torps were on CD, you could have taken the risk and turned towards him. The way you are moving in the screenshot, you present broadside to the enemies at C anyway. So you could have turned in and killed it.

Also, when a DD smokes up that close to you, you might want to start your plane, because it can spot the torps early on. Especially good vs DWTs since you can hardly detect them yourself before they hit you.

- Soon after that screenshot: You turned away to C, while you could have turned to A also. If you would have killed the YY, you would have been undetected, maybe you could have blapped the Worcester :Smile_trollface:

- Lastly the GK again: You probably wont kill a BB that far away early on. It was actually the 3rd last ship to die on the enemy team. You got some damage out of it, but it was rather meaningless. Get rid of the DDs, then you can farm damage more efficiently.

• Cool 1

Players
2,630 posts
2,912 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Had a quick look at that (i watched in fast forward :Smile-_tongue:)

Good info though, even in FFWD.

- Definetely shoot DDs more often. Early in the game you kept shooting the GK at maxrange, while you had 2 DDs within 14km. Even if you hit only one shell, its basicly 2k damage. In the end, it will make life easier for you to deal damage because you dont have to be afraid of DDs.

Even more often? Hmm. I was thinking maybe I need to shoot them less and go for the harvestable targets.

Besides - this is Monarch. It cannot even turn the guns to follow a fast DD at ~7k or less. Plus dispersion is mega-derp.

Which doesn't matter much when shooting an unsuspecting Currywurst...  

- Your initial position was a bit risky, but it worked because your DDs were infront of you. If they abandon you however, it might turn out badly.

Yeah that was a gamble. I saw the Currywurst go other side, thought that's where they'd all be, so hide there, turned out good gamble.

At one point, i dont understand why you moved forward tunnelvisioning the GK. Was it worth it? Id say no. The risk was too big.

Well, that was more like 'I am sick of this camping nobody does anything'.

I wasundetected until I moved my butt out, I knew I'd pay for it... suckers all shooting HE though (I expected that).

Managed to set it all off, which was the plan. The RN DD smoked me up, but his smoke doesn't last long, so I had to get going - sure they'd come for me. 

- When you went in to B: (very risky, your DDs were behind you, but you went in pushing, ofc enemies were far away at A/C, but still a DD ahead of you)

I had seen him fire his torps before, knew he'd be there somewhere, either he'd get out or I'd kill him. That was the YY if I remember correct. 

I'm not that scared of DDs even in the Monarch. Just killing them doesn't really work in it, but they rarely kill me.

The Yueyang made it easy for you by smoking up. This should tell you, hey, torps are coming your way!! You went in a straight line, so you should turned in fully, maybe you could have dodged even the torp you took (because you turned out again).

Yes there I was cursing behind the keyboard, that was stupid indeed to turn out again. Did know he was gonna fire torps. 

When I saw him smoke up, I thought, OK he's gone let's shoot the Yamato then (low dmg remembered, must fix).

And then I went... oh wait... YOU NUMBNUT... that is a YY, by about now he'll have reloaded, he will fire torps... 

But wow, that YY was stupid, even left his smoke that you spot him. Horrible move however, you rather shot the Yamato (lets face it, he was dead anyway) and let the YY escape. You knew his torps were on CD, you could have taken the risk and turned towards him.

That would have been the better deed indeed. But must admit, there's the factor 'Monarch'... shoot a wall in front and it will still miss.

Couldn't miss the Yamato (note that ~half the shells still miss him anyway)... but a DD... yes can miss that... easily.

He'd be dead if it wasn't the Monarch, but... The guns cannot even follow him, I have to swing the ship too. 

The way you are moving in the screenshot, you present broadside to the enemies at C anyway. So you could have turned in and killed it.

Wasn't too worried about them... they had enough on their mind, the YY was a bigger threath... But yes should have turned in, AND turned the guns. Because that YY is a very quick DD...

Also, when a DD smokes up that close to you, you might want to start your plane, because it can spot the torps early on. Especially good vs DWTs since you can hardly detect them yourself before they hit you.

That's a good idea. And a good tip, I thought the plane wouldn't detect DWT either.

- Soon after that screenshot: You turned away to C, while you could have turned to A also. If you would have killed the YY, you would have been undetected, maybe you could have blapped the Worcester :Smile_trollface:

Good idea, wasn't aware of the Wooster there though (situational awareness lacking).

Actually I wasn't really aware of any going anywhere... just derping around. 

- Lastly the GK again: You probably wont kill a BB that far away early on. It was actually the 3rd last ship to die on the enemy team. You got some damage out of it, but it was rather meaningless. Get rid of the DDs, then you can farm damage more efficiently.

Yeah won't kill him (hahaha like ever, he's twice the size), I did get nice fire damage from him though. Monarch causes reasonable amounts of fire.

Plus I'm not that sure if I can hit those DDs at all (Monarch has awful dispersion).  With any other ship I'd have tried, I'm sure would have gotten at least one with Hood or Arizona or Q.E..

Monarch? Hmmm... TBH think maybe better to shoot a large target (can't miss...) that burns well than a small DD with it... but maybe I'm wrong. Will give it a try.

Thanks for the tips, hope I get any better. :cap_like: