You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BLUB__BLUB

Can I do better?

78 comments in this topic

[AS13]
Players
1,461 posts
1,712 battles

OK, maybe the better players here would like to take a look.

Maybe it's me but maybe it's the cart of potatoes this potato gets thrown into, I dunno anymore.

Getting to grips with the Bone-Argh, I like it better than the KGV, almost like I am in the Queen E again... except...

THIS (replay somehow not saved) is usually what happens. I'm busy doing my job, end up top-3, with a meagre score and a loss.

If I get a good long game I can get 80-90k, and I think more is possible. But usually the team gets overrun or wins by overrunning the other team.

This time seemed they had killed half the team while I was not looking, and then I got 5 of them after me.

I did not manage to survive long enough to witness the capping point run up to 1000 (by one sec).

Now... what? Any ideas? or should I just farm damage and not give a flying F?

Spoiler

1413772089_Mon1.thumb.jpg.577b68a031c8734883c69e225d042d8f.jpgMon_2.thumb.jpg.0434faaec2eae2fbca37b25c5c997c32.jpgMon_3.thumb.jpg.402211f8f74e192cf949f75564fe69ee.jpg

[DSW]
Players
3,698 posts
7,527 battles

in cases like these, you basically have two options.

a) Say "Shat Hippens" and keep going, next time might be better

b) Say "This Shat Hippens way too often", and take a break or at least switch ships.

Sometimes, there's just not much you can do about it... (whether such cases are becoming more and more common and why is a hotly debated topic 'round here, as you know^^).

Not much gameplay advice we could give you without a replay...

• Cool 2

[SOCKS]
Players
771 posts
5,473 battles

It's a matter of recognizing what's up with the game. Usually within the first 30-90 seconds of a game you know if it's a disaster in the making if you read the minimap right and see where people are going.

each time that happens I try to tell people what to do ("not all DDs to the same cap" "please don't lemming, spread to keep map control", etc).  As 99% of the time all of that is just worthless (or someone resorts to "STFU I play whatever way I want") you can save yourself the trouble of doing it...at that moment the dice is clear and has been rolled, it's a race against the time to do as much as you can before being obliterated alongside the rest of your so-called "team" of imbeciles. Play safe, don't risk it (because risking it equals to being massacred), farm what you can, and try to die as late as possible.

because no, in those games you can't do anything else.

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Players
3,167 posts
5,567 battles

Kinda hard to tell without a replay.

But in general id say:

- If you are on the strong flank, then you should push. If your team is NOT pushing (which does happen quite often) then you should try to take the iniciative if you have a proper ship. Otherwise you must get your team to do it.

- If you are on the weak flank, try to hold on as long as possible. Kiting away is always better than dieing without a reason. Happens often enough that a team which has numerical advantage is not pushing. But if they are, dont wait too long to start kiting.

In that example you gave, did it make any difference if the enemies capped your base anyway? Could you have prevented the enemies from doing that? That highly depends where you positioned yourself ofc.

If the game is lost, no harm in farming damage is there?

• Cool 2

Players
337 posts
3,869 battles

pretty much what the other two here said.  There's going to be games that you get roflstomped no matter what you do because of MM and incompetence. Just play your ship to its strengths and if you can, find areas you won't be concentrated.  Even the unicums post scores like that or worse when they play randoms alone. Try to take a buddy.  You lose a lot less that way.

• Cool 1

[AVRDM]
Players
1,373 posts
5,869 battles

Try playing the best you can in each game and identify your mistakes. It does not matter that you play without division, if you do it right, the long term will reward you.

Do not get frustrated for the short term because anything will happen, instead the long term never lies.

• Cool 1

Players
26 posts
2,099 battles

As far as WoWS goes in general, stuff happens. There are (a lot of) bad players in this game, the best thing you can do is try to get better with your ship, try to work with the team, and just get better overall. There isn't anything you can do to make your team mates player better, instead concentrate on making yourself better.

British battle ships are more solo-ish ships that don't require much support. Just focus doing damage. They are not that good at hunting down specific ships (IE DDs), capping points, utility (AA and consumables), or tanking, BUT they are good at doing damage, so doing damage is what you should be doing.

The Monarch in particular is an oddity in the British BB line. Its HE kind of sucks, the strength of the British HE isn't just the higher damage, but the higher fire chance. Monarch doesn't really get that fire chance, and its guns are to inaccurate to be used at ideal HE ranges. Basically its hard to set perma fires (thanks to the inaccuracy and the low fire chance) at longer ranges. HOWEVER! it has some of the best AP on a British BB from my experience. The AP velocity is faster than other BBs (more pen), and the shorter fuse timer greatly helps you not over pen. That coupled with the shorter reload, low detection range, and very hard to hit citadel makes you a monster at closer ranges when using AP.

• Cool 1

Players
404 posts
6,006 battles

Well I had the depressing luck of coming across a player who only played solo, had played 14,000 games, had a win rate of 66% and make an absolute mockery of my own stats. Averaging 85 k damage in tier 7, 45 k damage in tier 4 and over 100 k damage at tier 10. I will never match his stats but he has given me incentive to pay more attention and potato less. 

Map awareness, having planned ahead to mitigate the number of ships that can shoot at you and basically just learning to shoot straight all contribute to your survival and doing damage. The most important thing is to remember that BBs are kinda useless by themselves, you need to keep your cruisers alive or DO THEIR JOB if they are incapable. The game really is about killing ships rather than just doing damage, and killing the right ships at the right time is how you win the game. I learnt long ago that Russian DDs are hilarious fun, but actually don't contribute much if all they do is fire damage. BBs are the same, they can do a lot of meaningless damage and maybe kill off a few half dead ships at the end of the game, but the contributes zero towards victory. Be active from the start of the game, and you might have to hange around other BBs for survival, but don't just plink at max range, get to a useful range and kill ships early.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,124 posts
14,447 battles

In solo you are at the mercy of your team. i have better stats in division (Ignoring winrate) than solo because when my whole team is dead my div mates still lives giving me a chance to do more kills/dmg.

Bit harder in DD tho as your m8's usually get you smokes.. and you spot more for them than focus on dmg

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,461 posts
1,712 battles
10 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

10 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I had that going, somehow it didn't save this one. I'll try if I can upload one next time. 

(it somehow stopped saving them somewhere in the afternoon). Or at least IT SAID SO. 

But now appears it saved it anyway, somehow with the wrong timestamp! BUT I HAVE IT.

Note the Lyon (parking in the middle of a crossfire) claiming I started two fires on him.... LOL.

Also I dunno what our BBs did at C and what that Maass was doing getting between 2 BBs at that distance. 

10 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

In that example you gave, did it make any difference if the enemies capped your base anyway? Could you have prevented the enemies from doing that? That highly depends where you positioned yourself ofc.

I feel like a potato, my WR is somewhere down the drain, and the dmg xp is also quite below average.

OK maybe I am a potato, but this much?

20181118_232126_PBSB108-Monarch_19_OC_prey -----.wowsreplay

[AS13]
Players
1,461 posts
1,712 battles
4 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

In solo you are at the mercy of your team. i have better stats in division (Ignoring winrate) than solo because when my whole team is dead my div mates still lives giving me a chance to do more kills/dmg.

Probably. But they say that if you are any good or a real potato, after a few hundred games this starts to show.

4 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

Bit harder in DD tho as your m8's usually get you smokes.. and you spot more for them than focus on dmg

In a div I am usually not 'greedy', I shoot up other BBs and CLs but the kill is usually for the DD.

WHo has an 'unicum' rating sometimes (must say he's pretty good too) but even that differs.

Some days the 'recent games' stats are just horrible.  

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,833 battles

Well @BLUB__BLUB, if it makes you feel any better... I agree with the general opinion here, sometimes you're screwed in the first 60 seconds and nothing can be done about it, but never lose hope... Below my horrifying stats for the last few days (mostly solo play - Read from right to left and Yupp, this morning was just horrible)...:Smile_facepalm::Smile_great::Smile_amazed:

image.png.5f43f4997720cd91c7a7f7bd3a97b64a.pngimage.png.051d6f66542074ea997d914ef6ac4f10.png

Sometimes you get a free ride and the team carries you, sometime you carry, sometimes you get screwed for no reason at all and sometimes it is you, who potatod the game, recognize the last one and you can always improve on it.:Smile_Default:

But yeah, for closer analysis, make sure your replays are active, watch them and see, if there's something you could have done better or post them here. I'm sure some of our Unicorns might be willing to part with some expert advise on how to improve. :cap_cool:

[AS13]
Players
1,461 posts
1,712 battles
11 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

in cases like these, you basically have two options.

a) Say "Shat Hippens" and keep going, next time might be better

b) Say "This Shat Hippens way too often", and take a break or at least switch ships.

Sometimes, there's just not much you can do about it... (whether such cases are becoming more and more common and why is a hotly debated topic 'round here, as you know^^).

11 hours ago, RAMJB said:

It's a matter of recognizing what's up with the game. Usually within the first 30-90 seconds of a game you know if it's a disaster in the making if you read the minimap right and see where people are going.

each time that happens I try to tell people what to do ("not all DDs to the same cap" "please don't lemming, spread to keep map control", etc).  As 99% of the time all of that is just worthless (or someone resorts to "STFU I play whatever way I want") you can save yourself the trouble of doing it...at that moment the dice is clear and has been rolled, it's a race against the time to do as much as you can before being obliterated alongside the rest of your so-called "team" of imbeciles. Play safe, don't risk it (because risking it equals to being massacred), farm what you can, and try to die as late as possible.

because no, in those games you can't do anything else.

11 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

But in general id say:

- If you are on the strong flank, then you should push. If your team is NOT pushing (which does happen quite often) then you should try to take the iniciative if you have a proper ship. Otherwise you must get your team to do it.

- If you are on the weak flank, try to hold on as long as possible. Kiting away is always better than dieing without a reason. Happens often enough that a team which has numerical advantage is not pushing. But if they are, dont wait too long to start kiting.

11 hours ago, CraftyVeteran said:

pretty much what the other two here said.  There's going to be games that you get roflstomped no matter what you do because of MM and incompetence. Just play your ship to its strengths and if you can, find areas you won't be concentrated.  Even the unicums post scores like that or worse when they play randoms alone. Try to take a buddy.  You lose a lot less that way.

11 hours ago, Hesp said:

Try playing the best you can in each game and identify your mistakes. It does not matter that you play without division, if you do it right, the long term will reward you.

Do not get frustrated for the short term because anything will happen, instead the long term never lies.

11 hours ago, JimmyThePirate said:

As far as WoWS goes in general, stuff happens. There are (a lot of) bad players in this game, the best thing you can do is try to get better with your ship, try to work with the team, and just get better overall. There isn't anything you can do to make your team mates player better, instead concentrate on making yourself better.

That's why I ask. I'm a bit done with sitting at <50% WR and low damage output.

British battle ships are more solo-ish ships that don't require much support. Just focus doing damage. They are not that good at hunting down specific ships (IE DDs), capping points, utility (AA and consumables), or tanking, BUT they are good at doing damage, so doing damage is what you should be doing.

Duh. I tend to do just the things you say here (watch the replay). Hunt DDs, cap, and tank... 

The Monarch in particular is an oddity in the British BB line. Its HE kind of sucks, the strength of the British HE isn't just the higher damage, but the higher fire chance. Monarch doesn't really get that fire chance, and its guns are to inaccurate to be used at ideal HE ranges. Basically its hard to set perma fires (thanks to the inaccuracy and the low fire chance) at longer ranges. HOWEVER! it has some of the best AP on a British BB from my experience. The AP velocity is faster than other BBs (more pen), and the shorter fuse timer greatly helps you not over pen. That coupled with the shorter reload, low detection range, and very hard to hit citadel makes you a monster at closer ranges when using AP.

I think it is better than the KGV (I really hated that ship). At least it has decent AP, but well, it has improved Queen E / Hood guns. 

But yes it is much more inaccurate than those two. 

9 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

Map awareness, having planned ahead to mitigate the number of ships that can shoot at you and basically just learning to shoot straight all contribute to your survival and doing damage. The most important thing is to remember that BBs are kinda useless by themselves, you need to keep your cruisers alive or DO THEIR JOB if they are incapable. The game really is about killing ships rather than just doing damage, and killing the right ships at the right time is how you win the game. I learnt long ago that Russian DDs are hilarious fun, but actually don't contribute much if all they do is fire damage. BBs are the same, they can do a lot of meaningless damage and maybe kill off a few half dead ships at the end of the game, but the contributes zero towards victory. Be active from the start of the game, and you might have to hange around other BBs for survival, but don't just plink at max range, get to a useful range and kill ships early.

This is what I try. Maybe I am going in too much, but I think that if I survive untill last ship alive maybe I am not going in enough.

And indeed - kill them. because even at 1hp they can still shoot. 

5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Try to shoot cruiser when sitting in BB.

I try. Must say it is very hard in Monarch. In Hood or QE I can hit the bow of cruisers even if they are angled. 

One shell goes amiss, but the other one hits usually. in Monarch, the three front guns... well... check replay and watch what it does (not) to Graf Spee.

[CATS]
Players
14,016 posts
10,529 battles

The Monarch is not known to be very strong for her Tier. She also suffers when not fully researched.

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,461 posts
1,712 battles
18 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Well @BLUB__BLUB, if it makes you feel any better... I agree with the general opinion here, sometimes you're screwed in the first 60 seconds and nothing can be done about it, but never lose hope... Below my horrifying stats for the last few days (mostly solo play - Read from right to left and Yupp, this morning was just horrible)...:Smile_facepalm::Smile_great::Smile_amazed:

image.png.5f43f4997720cd91c7a7f7bd3a97b64a.pngimage.png.051d6f66542074ea997d914ef6ac4f10.png

Sometimes you get a free ride and the team carries you, sometime you carry, sometimes you get screwed for no reason at all and sometimes it is you, who potatod the game, recognize the last one and you can always improve on it.:Smile_Default:

But yeah, for closer analysis, make sure your replays are active, watch them and see, if there's something you could have done better or post them here. I'm sure some of our Unicorns might be willing to part with some expert advise on how to improve. :cap_cool:

Just found out it is active, but had a weird timestamp. All my replays had the same timestamp...

BTW check this out. King George hates me, too. That's OK because I hate it right back....

The average damage I get is low in general though so I need to work on that. Maybe I am too careful.

Spoiler

1014432585_WRnov19ships.thumb.JPG.795fb491f233e0d08d575176c4bffad5.JPG

571901367_WRnov19.thumb.JPG.30ce1ca4c4260e90c310a57b943f51ab.JPG

7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The Monarch is not known to be very strong for her Tier. She also suffers when not fully researched.

Yes the Hull 2 made it better, before that it was like KGV in T8, with slightly bigger guns (I like it better though).

It's fully spaded (I always use the FXP for that). Now I have to spade the Colorado but that is better already (I like USA BBs).

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,833 battles
16 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

.BTW check this out. King George hates me, too. That's OK because I hate it right back....

The average damage I get is low in general though so I need to work on that. Maybe I am too careful.

I always find that, the best results come whenever I get myself head first into a heckuva mess... So yeah, a certain amount of OCCASIONAL recklessness can be good for you - and then again sometimes it is definitely NOT, there's a fine line to tread there and only practice will help to judge the right moment to fully commit yourself. Even then it may fail tho, since these are mostly high reward = high risk situations. But you know, from time-to-time try to take the plunge and learn from it even if you get your donkey well and truly kicked. Hehehe! It really is the only way forward.:cap_viking::fish_viking::cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[TENGO]
Players
1,543 posts
8,619 battles
53 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

1. I have freexpd beyond the monarch, so I don't know the ship. (well, I know it enough to freexp it)

2. You took your top tier bb to the 9/10 line on trap. Would not recommend, unless you are more speedy ,OR know that their won't be too much resistance and commit to your push.

You fell back halfway (cause too many reds) and had to waste some time, and by that time were quite isolated.

The very biggest problem with that kind of wide flanking is you'll attract other idiots in your team.

3. You should have kept between B & C. You can still shoot at targets at C, while keeping more central (which means, being able to reposition faster, being closer to others for CV protection (even if it was only ryujo, he seemed to know what he was doing). There is always high likelyhood some other bb goes wide on that map, so you'll even have decent crossfires.

4. Given your DD there was an idiot, and belfast afk for quite a while + no carrier presence to spot for red DD, that flank was lost anyway.

• Cool 2

[AS13]
Players
1,461 posts
1,712 battles
3 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

I always find that, the best result come whenever I get myself head first into a heckuva mess... So yeah, a certain amount of OCCASIONAL recklessness can be good for you - and then again sometimes it is definitely NOT, there's a fine line to tread there and only practice will help to judge the right moment to fully commit yourself. Even then it may fail tho, since these are mostly high reward = high risk situations. But you know, from time-to-time try to take the plunge and learn from it even if you get your donkey well and truly kicked. Hehehe! It really is the only way forward.:cap_viking::fish_viking::cap_rambo:

I do that too... I call it 'can I get 100k with it'. Usually I can, no matter what ship... just the average damage leaves something to be desired.

Spoiler

1519185324_bytier.thumb.JPG.ae066f35610edf2da820b7320f474f8b.JPGrecords.JPG.679ab7ba9103ee1211cbb22526201349.JPG

[AS13]
Players
1,461 posts
1,712 battles
1 minute ago, Saiyko said:

1. I have freexpd beyond the monarch, so I don't know the ship. (well, I know it enough to freexp it)

Probably a sensible thing to do... Just I dunno if the T9 is any better.

Plus they say you have to 'run the whole line' or else end up a potato.

Bring the mayonaise... :fish_nerv:

2. You took your top tier bb to the 9/10 line on trap. Would not recommend, unless you are more speedy ,OR know that their won't be too much resistance and commit to your push.

You fell back halfway (cause too many reds) and had to waste some time, and by that time were quite isolated.

The very biggest problem with that kind of wide flanking is you'll attract other idiots in your team.

Yes, noticed that. But I didn't see anyone going to B, so I decided to help the DD that went to C, and then committed to it. B/C is best here (but they went A, what can I say... not gonna follow them...)

Indeed I took cover (had to reload, wanted to surprise them by coming out the other end too). And then joined up (planes overhead) with the Lyon, that died very quickly and even blamed me for two fires (LOL).

3. You should have kept between B & C. You can still shoot at targets at C, while keeping more central (which means, being able to reposition faster, being closer to others for CV protection (even if it was only ryujo, he seemed to know what he was doing). There is always high likelyhood some other bb goes wide on that map, so you'll even have decent crossfires.

The problem with that is nobody seemed to go there at first, lots went to A. Usually I do that though. B/C best here indeed.

4. Given your DD there was quite idiotic, and belfast afk for quite a while, that flank was quite lost anyway.

Yeah but that is 'hindsight', he might even have been good... Same as what happened at A.

Most BBs went there and then they simply left, sort of.

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,833 battles
27 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I do that too... I call it 'can I get 100k with it'. Usually I can, no matter what ship... just the average damage leaves something to be desired.

My take on it would be... Nevermind the average Dmg for the time being (I know this is heresy but).:Smile_hiding:

It will improve once you've got the Win- and Survival rates higher. In a BB all this means basically to try and avoid getting focused early on while still positioning yourself so that you can be of most use to your team by supporting others at a critical point (capping, fire support by killing DD and Cruisers first). BB targets can wait, once enemy DD are dead and if your team has any, they will dominate the enemy BB's (since they are their hard counter) also target enemy Cruisers, since they are the counter to your own DD's. Once those 2 are dealt with your team will have no problem capping or defending, as the enemy will find it hard or impossible to push allowing your team the freedom of maneuver and ideally to overwhelm pick them out one-by-one. Always check which enemy your teammates are firing at and try to join in to take it down as quickly, as possible to reduce opposing team's firepower. Doing all this will improve winrate (albeit slowly, sigh), even if your avg damage is not very high this tells you, that at the least you have been focusing on the right targets / priorities in the game and increased survival rate just means that you get more opportunities to do more damage along the way. :Smile_great:

To better explain this... I've got a few fellows in my clan, who specialize in BB's, but to play with them in division would mean guaranteed loss nearly every time eventhough their avg damage is much higher than mine. This is mostly because those guys just start pounding the enemy BB's right from the beginning of the game until the end, only targeting a DD or a Cruiser occasionally and if they happen to pop-up right in front of them and even then not always (seen them shoot OVER a charging DD at 5km, choosing to try and hit an enemy BB 20km away instead - Then complaining when they got torped). So whatever you do, just don't be that guy and it'll be OK.:Smile_amazed::Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

[TENGO]
Players
1,543 posts
8,619 battles
Just now, BLUB__BLUB said:

Probably a sensible thing to do... Just I dunno if the T9 is any better.

I played lion like 5 times and then freexpd beyond that too :P

2 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Yes, noticed that. But I didn't see anyone going to B, so I decided to help the DD that went to C, and then committed to it. B/C is best here (but they went A, what can I say... not gonna follow them...)

As I said, between B & C you could still have supported that DD.

I don't understand the logic of "rest of team is going A, not B, so I ll go C". I would also never suggest to follow them to A, especially from your spawn.

Being closer to B once again could have given crosses with your team at A.

5 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Indeed I took cover (had to reload, wanted to surprise them by coming out the other end too). And then joined up (planes overhead) with the Lyon, that died very quickly and even blamed me for two fires (LOL). 

You knew there was a carrier, so "surprises" would be limited. Even if you had been able to devstrike a cruiser, it wouldn't be worth it. It was still only you & a lyon, and you didn't know which and how many reds were up there (as it turned out, too much)

7 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Yeah but that is 'hindsight', he might even have been good... Same as what happened at A.

Yes that is hindsight, but going between B/C was also recommended just because the possibility of that flank falling. Always expect the worst from your teammates. Even if that DD was good, he can't do everything. That belfast being AFK of course isn't hindsight.

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,461 posts
1,712 battles
14 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

I played lion like 5 times and then freexpd beyond that too :P

Oh crap. Then at least is the T10 better? I'll get there anyway. The only reason being wanting to play CW for steel with my buddies.

I'll probably not play even 1 tier 10 match after grinding the ship. Much better off at T6. 

As I said, between B & C you could still have supported that DD.

Might have, the C cap is between mountains. And nobody went to B...

I don't understand the logic of "rest of team is going A, not B, so I ll go C". I would also never suggest to follow them to A, especially from your spawn.

Being closer to B once again could have given crosses with your team at A.

Well, the logic is far from logic. But I am not going to 'scout B' in a BB... especially not if there is a CV.

Might as well stick a pole op the behind and call myself shish-kebab. B-C would have been the logic move, it looked though like nobody was going B. 

I'll keep that in mind next time though.

You knew there was a carrier, so "surprises" would be limited. Even if you had been able to devstrike a cruiser, it wouldn't be worth it. It was still only you & a lyon, and you didn't know which and how many reds were up there (as it turned out, too much)

At that moment I wasn't spotted... the Graf Spee would expect me to come out the other way.

Didn't think the Lyon would come, and those reds were a surprise... when I saw them I also noticed A and B had gone 'south'... LOL.

But by then the Lyon had sort of gone under as well, already. It was the 'Oh  crap' moment. The time that I am wishing I am in Hood... 

Yes that is hindsight, but going between B/C was also recommended just because the possibility of that flank falling. Always expect the worst from your teammates. Even if that DD was good, he can't do everything. That belfast being AFK of course isn't hindsight.

I didn't notice the Belfast being AFK, to be honest. Sometimes they do not move because I tend to be one of the first to 'join game' (pretty good connection).

But staying more centered is good advice and I'll make sure to use it. 

[AS13]
Players
1,461 posts
1,712 battles
27 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

My take on it would be... Nevermind the average Dmg for the time being (I know this is heresy but).:Smile_hiding:

Why would it be? If a more experienced player says so, it is confirmation of what I think.

Usually I end up somewhere between halfway and top-3 of team. Yes there are BBs that have higher damage.

But i do not see how camping and farming XP is gonna win the game. OK unless all reds drift in front of your guns... and you kill 'em all. 

It will improve once you've got the Win- and Survival rates higher. In a BB all this means basically to try and avoid getting focused early on while still positioning yourself so that you can be of most use to your team by supporting others at a critical point (capping, fire support by killing DD and Cruisers first). BB targets can wait, once enemy DD are dead and if your team has any, they will dominate the enemy BB's (since they are their hard counter) also target enemy Cruisers, since they are the counter to your own DD's. Once those 2 are dealt with your team will have no problem capping or defending, as the enemy will find it hard or impossible to push allowing your team the freedom of maneuver and ideally to overwhelm pick them out one-by-one. Always check which enemy your teammates are firing at and try to join in to take it down as quickly, as possible to reduce opposing team's firepower. Doing all this will improve winrate (albeit slowly, sigh), even if your avg damage is not very high this tells you, that at the least you have been focusing on the right targets / priorities in the game and increased survival rate just means that you get more opportunities to do more damage along the way. :Smile_great:

This is what I do. I go in, close support of DDs. Usually I am in front of the cruisers... who will get blapped when they are too close.

Then I try to shoot a DD or some CL, and after that usually have to 'reprint' because of being burnt to a crisp (or die if I'm not quick enough on the getaway).

To better explain this... I've got a few fellows in my clan, who specialize in BB's, but to play with them in division would mean guaranteed loss nearly every time eventhough their avg damage is much higher than mine. This is mostly because those guys just start pounding the enemy BB's right from the beginning of the game until the end, only targeting a DD or a Cruiser occasionally and if they happen to pop-up right in front of them and even then not always (seen them shoot OVER a charging DD at 5km, choosing to try and hit an enemy BB 20km away instead - Then complaining when they got torped). So whatever you do, just don't be that guy and it'll be OK.:Smile_amazed::Smile_veryhappy:

That is why my div-mate gets mega kills in the DD... I shoot up the ones that go for him, and unless it is a dev strike, he gets to put them down.

Only when it is one of those games where both teams have one base, then he spots and I get the main score.

[TENGO]
Players
1,543 posts
8,619 battles
8 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Oh crap. Then at least is the T10 better? I'll get there anyway. The only reason being wanting to play CW for steel with my buddies.

The t9 probably isn't that bad. I just found the dispersion too trollish, and more importantly, there is absolutely nothing available for freexp that I am interested in, so why keep it.

@El2aZeR is going through the Lion atm, so let's ask him :)

But I think the Conqueror is good yes. In a high tier meta that is stale and passive as it is, the stealth gives good options, and the HE can let you deal with all the bowcamping [edited]. (for some reason everyone agrees the Monq HE is braindead (which it is), but I don't hear that many ppl saying that about the reverse bowcamping meta, as if that is the high point of genius play...)

The dispersion is somewhat wonky sometimes, but the AP is very reliable against both DDs and cruisers. Against BBs as well, though I still have to remember myself to aim somewhat higher.