Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Born_inUW

Filter for new ppl

18 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
486 battles

Might be a good idea to make matchmaking more balanced so that those with 80000 battles in experience doesnt end up in games with ppl that has 200 games. And this post is more for  Wargaming than other players.

Players
3,692 posts
7,518 battles

there is a limited "Noob Protection" at the lower tiers, don't remember the exact stipulations.

And beyond that, the issue is simple - where would you draw the line between new and experienced? Has to be something completely arbitrary, and trust me when I say that a large number of games doesn't guarantee the player has even the faintest idea about what he's doing... which means we'd end up with Skillbased Matchmaking of some sort, but that's been discussed to death, back to life and right back to death at least eleventeen times already...

• Cool 2

Players
4 posts
486 battles

yea I knew that response would come, I dont care if its been discussed 14000 times before. The line as is not good now thats all I know and where to draw it is up to wargaming

• Boring 3

[-5D2-]
Beta Tester
170 posts
5,772 battles

Just because someone has 80,000 battles to their name, doesn't necessarily mean they are any good.  Likewise, someone with only 200 battles could be awesome.  Why try to restrict what tier someone plays at based on how many battles they have played.  Also, a lot of players have low tier premium ships that they have paid good money for.  Are you going to tell them that they are no longer allowed to play them?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
665 posts
5,881 battles
1 hour ago, Born_inUW said:

yea I knew that response would come, I dont care if its been discussed 14000 times before. The line as is not good now thats all I know and where to draw it is up to wargaming

Here's the thing. It took me about 3,000 battle to get to tier 10, grinding several lines - RN CLs were the first for me.

How about most people take that amount of time to get to their first tier 10? They don't though, I've seen player with less that 200 battles stinking up tier 10.

Without me looking at your stats, where are you right now? Everything up to tier 6 is pretty much easy mode; preferential matchmaking, easy to master ships, fairly level.okaying field. If you're not still there YOU are the problem, not the unicum sealclubbers.

[CATS]
Players
13,996 posts
10,529 battles
5 hours ago, Born_inUW said:

It is already in the game. Too many new players are too eager and jump out of the protected zone.

Your post will not make WG change the rules. It is already hard for veterans to find low tier games when they want to start new lines.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
793 posts
4,681 battles

As others have already posted there is already something in-game that gives new players 'protection' for a certain period in time (from what I can tell you have protected MM until T4).  I'm not sure if that protects players against 'seal clubbers' who put a 19 point captain on a T3 ship though.

At some point you need to start playing against other players of all skill levels - otherwise you're not being challenged which should help the learning process..

With only 467 battles I presume the OP is still learning the game.  If you think T6 is tough wait until T8 when you seem to be in TX games more often than not.

Numbers of battles does not mean that the player is highly skilled though - it could mean they have higher skilled captains though.

Players
958 posts
8,039 battles
Vor 9 Stunden, Tyrendian89 sagte:

there is a limited "Noob Protection" at the lower tiers, don't remember the exact stipulations.

Per the wiki:

"Account level also influences matchmaking. Through level 10, players in Tier I-IV matches are less likely to face highly experienced opponents. "

You reach Account Level 10 when you have accumulated a total of 22,000 XP.

That's a few hundred XP shy of the total amount needed to unlock a Tier V ship if you stick to a single line.

Assuming you manage to get an average 400 XP per game, that's about 55 battles.

EDIT: In my opinion, these actual facts void every counter argument levelled against the OP so far. They reflect peoples' foggy memory of their early days which doesn't reflect accurately what is going on. This newbie protection is inadequate, and I know highly experienced players like Flamu agree. Listen to his remarks in connection with the pink Derzki player on his team in this recent video about the low tier US cruiser line, during/after the match in the Phoenix (starts after about a half hour into the video below).

The thing is though, I suspect there aren't enough "inexperienced" players (= with a low number of battles) in the game as it is. The newbie protection also means that empty spaces on both teams are filled with bots even in Random battles, which many new players don't even seem to realize. Often there are only two or three humans in there, to keep waiting times short. Otherwise I imagine they would be longer than current Tier I and II waiting times, which are mostly ridiculously long.

Players
958 posts
8,039 battles
Vor 34 Minuten, BrusilovX sagte:

(from what I can tell you have protected MM until T4).

No you don't.

All you have until then is a single Tier MM spread, so you can only be uptiered by at most one Tier.

Players
958 posts
8,039 battles
Vor 8 Stunden, Mr_Tayto sagte:

Here's the thing. It took me about 3,000 battle to get to tier 10, grinding several lines - RN CLs were the first for me.

How about most people take that amount of time to get to their first tier 10? They don't though, I've seen player with less that 200 battles stinking up tier 10. 

Yeah I still wonder how that is even possible for regular human beings. I mean I don't doubt they exist, I've seen high tier players with insanely low battle numbers myself. However.

Ballpark figure:

You need 916,450 XP to unlock a "barebones" Yamato from scratch, i.e. while skipping any upgrades that you don't have to have to progress through the tech tree. Doing that in 200 battles means on average you need to gain more than 4582 XP per battle. Even if you try to factor in the Free XP gained in these battles, and let's say it's seven per cent on average due to container drops etc, you still need average battle results of more than 4553 XP.

IF you manage to focus all that XP on a single line.

And don't forget, during most of this time you don't even have really great Commander skills for the respective tiers. If you did nothing else and managed to focus all the XP on a single commander, you could still only barely level up that captain to 17 skill points at most. And even that is based on gaining, on average, 20% extra commander XP over the ship XP.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,115 posts
9,269 battles
9 hours ago, Born_inUW said:

Has it ever occured to you that the reason it has been discussed so many times and we evidently still don't have anything like it may just be because it's not possible to come up with a working, practical solution?

This is a multiplayer game and just as with any other PvP game in existence you're always going to end up getting matched with and against people of varying experience and skill. That is only compounded by the option to buy premium ships across most of the game's tiers and hop into a match with as little as zero experience playing at that level.

If you absolutely can't stomach that thought, play CoOp.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
2,025 posts
5,105 battles
58 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:
Spoiler

Per the wiki:

"Account level also influences matchmaking. Through level 10, players in Tier I-IV matches are less likely to face highly experienced opponents. "

You reach Account Level 10 when you have accumulated a total of 22,000 XP.

That's a few hundred XP shy of the total amount needed to unlock a Tier V ship if you stick to a single line.

Assuming you manage to get an average 400 XP per game, that's about 55 battles.

EDIT: In my opinion, these actual facts void every counter argument levelled against the OP so far. They reflect peoples' foggy memory of their early days which doesn't reflect accurately what is going on. This newbie protection is inadequate, and I know highly experienced players like Flamu agree. Listen to his remarks in connection with the pink Derzki player on his team in this recent video about the low tier US cruiser line, during/after the match in the Phoenix (starts after about a half hour into the video below).

The thing is though, I suspect there aren't enough "inexperienced" players (= with a low number of battles) in the game as it is. The newbie protection also means that empty spaces on both teams are filled with bots even in Random battles, which many new players don't even seem to realize. Often there are only two or three humans in there, to keep waiting times short. Otherwise I imagine they would be longer than current Tier I and II waiting times, which are mostly ridiculously long.

You want to play coop then, the game is as it is.

Players
4 posts
486 battles
On 11/19/2018 at 5:54 AM, ColonelPete said:

It is already in the game. Too many new players are too eager and jump out of the protected zone.

Your post will not make WG change the rules. It is already hard for veterans to find low tier games when they want to start new lines.

Ok so where is the protected zone?

Players
4 posts
486 battles
On 11/19/2018 at 10:12 AM, Aotearas said:

Has it ever occured to you that the reason it has been discussed so many times and we evidently still don't have anything like it may just be because it's not possible to come up with a working, practical solution?

This is a multiplayer game and just as with any other PvP game in existence you're always going to end up getting matched with and against people of varying experience and skill. That is only compounded by the option to buy premium ships across most of the game's tiers and hop into a match with as little as zero experience playing at that level.

If you absolutely can't stomach that thought, play CoOp.

Ok gonna try that coop thing.

[CATS]
Players
13,996 posts
10,529 battles
54 minutes ago, Born_inUW said:

Ok so where is the protected zone?

Through level 10, players in Tier I-IV matches are less likely to face highly experienced opponents.

Players
128 posts
4,591 battles

The Wiki is a bit out of date.

Protected MM lasts until Account Level 12 is unlocked. Or the first T5 ship is purchased.

Protected MM is not guaranteed, but gives 60 seconds to find at least one other human opponent with the same Tier and ship type. E.g. if you want to play a T4 in protected MM you have to have at least one other human also in protected MM with a T4 BB.

If no match is found within 60 seconds then that player is put into the general MM for the purpose of creating a match.

But the new account 'protection' doesn't  end until account level 12 or Tier 5.

Players
2,196 posts
14,142 battles
On 11/18/2018 at 11:48 PM, Born_inUW said:

Might be a good idea to make matchmaking more balanced so that those with 80000 battles in experience doesnt end up in games with ppl that has 200 games. And this post is more for  Wargaming than other players.

Stay at low tier (2-4) where there is 'protection', until you have a strong grasp on the game.

Sign in to follow this