Brassed_Up

Survival chances of Dive bombers ?

5 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
510 battles

Hi fellow Gamers. Has anyone else noticed a change in survival rates of attack aircraft  ? I am playing the US carrier line and have a Tier 7  Ranger. Recently my attack aircraft have been slaughtered at the slightest encounter with enemy fighters or opposing BB's. For example two squadrons of TB's were destroyed in about one second by an attack by opposing fighters. Yesterday, I lost another squadron of DB's in again about one second following an attack by 4 opposing fighters. This has never happened before up until the last couple of weeks. Is it me :( ?  I would expect them to be destroyed in a long pursuit but surely not within a second or so. 

[C1DFL]
[C1DFL]
Beta Tester
1,883 posts
8,734 battles

Not being a carrier player myself, but that sounds like your planes got annihilated by your opponents fighters using the alternate game mechanic called strafing ... http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Aerial_Combat

Unlike engaging enemy planes by simply clicking / locking onto them, the strafing run is basically a manually set corridor where your fighters barge in with all guns blazing and shredding every plane, no matter if friend or foe, into bits and pieces.

That mechanic is available from tier 6 onwards.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,061 posts
10,560 battles

Nothing changed. Ships have different AA, different setups and there is RNG...

[IRON7]
Players
335 posts
245 battles

That's what I figured - just a lot of AA & maybe the Strafe mode, as well (plus maybe just some unlucky shot resolutions aka RNG 'Jesus did I just get it'). :cap_rambo:

Players
2 posts
510 battles

Folks

Thank you very much for the prompt advice. they must have been strafing attacks. Still is was pretty gutting to lose squadrons so quickly. Setting the attack squads on a weaving way point approach might be the way forward