You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
black_falcon120

750k Free Xp Ship Question

193 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
385 posts
1,423 battles

Hi guys, 

I have about 158k fxp, and I have 25k doubloons from the triple doubloon coupon.  I have decided to get a t9 premium to avoid the appalling mm from t8s.  I need to farm about 40k more elite xp before I have enough to convert.  I was planning to hang fire until a 1:35 fxp conversion event, and use the remaining gold to buy a schanhorst because apparently they are awesome.  

I was looking at buying a Mushashi, however, I saw a video where Sub_Octavian heavily implied the FXP prices were going to go up and that the Kronstadt was OP.  I am therefore unsure about waiting as A) the fxp price might go up and B)the Kronstadt might become an awesome ship which I have missed out on.  Does anyone have any advice? 

The Video I saw is here: 

What do people think?  I don't really want to spend more money.  I had a previous thread where everyone advised me off the T8s as the MM was too bad, and I've listened to all the feedback from there. 

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,007 posts
16,762 battles

Usually arround Christmas there is a discount for free XP conversion, but it s possible also for Black Friday, which is next Friday. So wait until next Friday at least, if not until Christmas. 

Don t skip tier 8s because it will make you a worse player. High tier games are different, if you can handle a tier 8 ship in tier 10 games (like having over 50% solo wins on your tier 8s) you will be a decent player when you reach tier 10. Use the free XP only to research the most important ship modules. 

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
14,130 posts
10,577 battles

The prices for existing ships will not go up.

I suggest to earn the FXP and not convert. Converting is expensive.

• Cool 4

[UNICS]
Players
1,134 posts
14,594 battles
19 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Hi guys, 

Sub_Octavian heavily implied the FXP prices were going to go up and that the Kronstadt was OP.

Kronsthat is anything but OP .. Its just good at surviving late game but its impact is a hit and miss

• Funny 2

[DC-DK]
Players
1,972 posts
22,928 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

This! It would cost me just short of 1.500.000 doubloons if I had to convert all my elite XP to free XP :cap_tea: An insane amount of real money.

• Funny 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,481 posts
8,691 battles
12 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Don t skip tier 8s because it will make you a worse player. High tier games are different, if you can handle a tier 8 ship in tier 10 games (like having over 50% solo wins on your tier 8s) you will be a decent player when you reach tier 10. Use the free XP only to research the most important ship modules. 

take 22's advice, don't rush up the tiers, buying a T9 wont make you a better player, in fact you'll probably do worse (if that's possible)

Beta Tester
385 posts
1,423 battles
11 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Usually arround Christmas there is a discount for free XP conversion, but it s possible also for Black Friday, which is next Friday. So wait until next Friday at least, if not until Christmas. 

I am playing t8 at the moment, I seem to be doing better. 

8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The prices for existing ships will not go up.

Sub_Octavion heavily implied that they would in the video I linked.  Also, I don't run a premium account, so I earn fxp at a slower rate especially as I only have a sims and a Texas for xp grinding.  A mushashi/Kronstadt would make things much easier. 

3 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

This! It would cost me just short of 1.500.000 doubloons if I had to convert all my elite XP to free XP :cap_tea: An insane amount of real money.

my 25k doubloons cost me £20 so it's a t9 premium for £20, which is a fair trade Imo. 

Players
35 posts
5,593 battles

I think you will regret spending sooo much on a ship. You can buy 2 or 3 nice other ships. Converting makes no sense in my opinion.

P.s. it might have cost you just £20, but you will never have 25 k for that price.

Anyway just buy it if thats your wish.

• Cool 2

[DSW]
Players
3,715 posts
7,542 battles
3 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Sub_Octavion heavily implied that they would in the video I linked.  Also, I don't run a premium account, so I earn fxp at a slower rate especially as I only have a sims and a Texas for xp grinding.  A mushashi/Kronstadt would make things much easier. 

my 25k doubloons cost me £20 so it's a t9 premium for £20, which is a fair trade Imo. 

spend your dubloons on Premium Account. Seriously. That's going to do soooooo much more for you, both in terms of XP and Credits. Doesnt even have to be any large chunks - you can just grab a day here and there when you know you'll play more than a few matches...

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
385 posts
1,423 battles
Just now, Tyrendian89 said:

spend your dubloons on Premium Account. Seriously. That's going to do soooooo much more for you, both in terms of XP and Credits. Doesnt even have to be any large chunks - you can just grab a day here and there when you know you'll play more than a few matches...

If I buy the mushashi, I'll have ±8k gold left, which is enough for a load of premium time... 

5 minutes ago, RigorMortis76 said:

I think you will regret spending sooo much on a ship. You can buy 2 or 3 nice other ships. Converting makes no sense in my opinion.

P.s. it might have cost you just £20, but you will never have 25 k for that price.

Anyway just buy it if thats your wish.

I mean if I wait for a 1:35 event, It'll cost me about 15k gold, which is only about 50% more than a Scharnhorst... 

[CATS]
Players
14,130 posts
10,577 battles
8 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

He is talking about future ships. And it is as good as official that Alaska will cost 1.000.000 FXP.

• Cool 1

Players
2,239 posts
6,231 battles
8 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

If you want easier and a ship to train a captain in (I did get Missouri mainly to accelerate getting my very first 19 pointer captain), I can recommend you get Musashi.

But if you don't play IJN, then this might be of a less good idea. Still I think Musashi is a strong ship, despite its shortcomings (which mainly come from a lack of AA and Yamato generally being a better ship at a tier higher).

Kronstadt, I only got this ship very recently, its guns make it harder to play, but its handling is basically just like any other large cruiser.

And it does look good (though Alaska looks better).

Speaking of, you may be wanting to wait till Alaska gets released, seeing as you are progressing up the USN line (or at least kinda :Smile-_tongue:).

But anyway, I can recommend getting Musashi. It's a strong ship and it prints decent credits.

Fun fact: I also converted for Missouri for about €20 or so, was totally worth it! :Smile_medal:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
385 posts
1,423 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

He is talking about future ships. And it is as good as official that Alaska will cost 1.000.000 FXP.

But the Alaska is a cruiser so it makes less silver? 

[DC-DK]
Players
1,972 posts
22,928 battles

Personally the only reason why I would convert any free XP, would be if a free XP ship was going to be removed and I knew I couldn't earn it before the removed.

• Cool 1

Players
2,239 posts
6,231 battles
6 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

If I buy the mushashi, I'll have ±8k gold left, which is enough for a load of premium time... 

I mean if I wait for a 1:35 event, It'll cost me about 15k gold, which is only about 50% more than a Scharnhorst... 

I basically played a free account until I received a 30% coupon and then bought a year premium time with it.

At €1 a week, I think this was also worth it.

[DC-DK]
Players
1,972 posts
22,928 battles
1 minute ago, black_falcon120 said:

????

[SWTP]
[SWTP]
Players
335 posts
6,007 battles
5 minut temu, black_falcon120 napisał:

So is Kron even if with BB guns. Musashi is pure BB. With your experience in this game,(no offence you are still new) I doubt that you will make consistently a lot of credits in high tiers battles without premium time. BB should be more forgiving mistakes so I recommend Musashi. You need a lot of experience and very good knowledge of game mechanics and other ships to gid gut with T9 CA.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
385 posts
1,423 battles
10 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Personally the only reason why I would convert any free XP, would be if a free XP was going to be removed and I knew I couldn't earn it before the removed.

I want something to be able to earn boat loads of silver so I can feel comfortable splashing out on upgrades/captain skills for my ships, it's a psychological thing.  

[DC-DK]
Players
1,972 posts
22,928 battles

Cheaper to buy a T-VII or TVIII premium. T-VII has the best MM atm. All Premiums T-VII and upwards earns good.

[CATS]
Players
14,130 posts
10,577 battles
16 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Why should she?

[SWTP]
[SWTP]
Players
335 posts
6,007 battles
1 minutę temu, black_falcon120 napisał:

I want something to be able to earn boat loads of silver so I can feel comfortable splashing out on upgrades/captain skills for my ships, it's a psychological thing.  

Tirpitz should be a great money maker as all T8 premiums are is she not working for you? If so why do you think that T9 BB will?

[DC-DK]
Players
1,972 posts
22,928 battles
3 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

Tirpitz should be a great money maker as all T8 premiums are is she not working for you? If so why do you think that T9 BB will?

Because of those fairy tales of 2.000.000 plus credits matches probably

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
1,972 posts
22,928 battles

Trust me when I say that earning good credits is far less frustrating at T-VII contra T-IX

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,213 posts
5,612 battles
7 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Then you need to pick a ship which is "easy" to play for you.

F.e. you seem to do good damage in your Texas, even tho you havent played that many battles with it. Compare that to Tirpitz, so maybe you should rather go with a T7 ship like some others suggested. T7 ships have more often better MM compared to T8.

If you are consistent at T7, its still better than hoping for a good hightier match.

• Cool 2

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
137 posts
3,243 battles
51 minuti fa, Ysterpyp ha scritto:

Kronsthat is anything but OP .. Its just good at surviving late game but its impact is a hit and miss

Not OP, only the best tier 9 cruiser on EU with ~15k more average damage and ~4-5% more average WR than every ship of the same class at that tier :cap_cool:

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1