You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

WG, for the next events, can we PLEASE return to a situation where not everything is time-gated and drip-fed with ridiculously short intervals?

81 comments in this topic

[H_FAN]
Players
1,900 posts
21,602 battles

Hear Hear!

Nothing to add really

If the events at least was possible to catch up, like the RN ones - they can undo the hall of fame for those ofc - just that you have to complete each 4xstage in order as of now would have been nice.

I must said that I already bought the Dreadnought/vanguard package as I was fortunate enough to get a 30% coupon. 

I will probably get all 40 missions but I am not certain, now I know that I do not need to, same with Aigle, Duke of York bought them despite being a addicted player. OR I got for free though. Indy I had before.

I also feel somewhat wornout - but I am to much interested in ships - hence the game does not compete with other games - more with watching series or exercising etc.

That it is lots of events is fun, far better than none but the requirements are too hard if they are always like this (i.e. playing every day for hours).

I have made to the top 5 % some weeks in Hall of fame, that has more or less included to play so you are ready with the Hall of fame on saturday, and then farm as much as possible on late saturday and sunday only leaving a few hours /day for other activities, monday, tuesday a few hours day after work. I see people in the top having 3-4 times more points - must play constantly from morning - evening all days at high tiers.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,928 posts
8,288 battles

Hi all,

Yes... I also agree... the WoWs should not become a "chore" that one feels "pressured" to do...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 3

[5D]
Players
431 posts
20,034 battles

Agree with this 100%. I have no problem completing the drip fed missions, but it would be nice to be able to do all of them at once or most of them when I'm on for a long period one day so that I don't 'have to' play every day. 

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
2,070 posts
5,164 battles

Probably not, sadly.

They can monetize if it is time gated, not the other way around, and remember they are poor...

• Funny 4
  • Boring 1

Players
890 posts
11,126 battles

My last actual match was played about at the time of the Aigle marathon, ever since then I read the forums but when it comes to playing and spending money, I am just doing other stuff instead of WG products. And a fairly big reason among others for that is exactly as written by OP. Wargaming achieved that I said "You know what? No."

The hilarious thing is that in "my prime" I easily and voluntarily spent the "necessary" time on WoWs to complete such mission chains, but there was a huge difference. I did not felt compelled to do so.

I mean, sh*t, do you remember when we got a T3 barge for a single week long-ish mission consisting of five consecutive parts?

• Cool 5

Players
3,110 posts
5,446 battles

Bump. This needs to be on the first page, until something is changing. People are getting tired of the game due to this! ffs, half of my clan is inactive and the only reason for that is: there is too much grind, forcing me to play every day!

• Cool 3

Weekend Tester
532 posts
4,936 battles

In an ideal, non-monetised, world, all WG would have to do is add all of the "marathons" into the "campaigns" section. E.g. why not put the Cossack marathon simply as another campaign, which a player can choose to grind all at once, or schedule stages as he/she pleases?

The plethora of temporary in-game currencies is also a complete turn off, and this issue is exacerbated by the very poor in-game communication from WG (e.g. I wonder how many players will be left with unspent doubloons or guineas this time around?).

Rhetorical questions, of course. Its all about $$$, and I imagine that WG have made a nice few $million out of people that got utterly fed up of trying to keep to the Cossack grind schedule and resorted to buying the last 6-10 guineas.

• Cool 7

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
3 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

In an ideal, non-monetised, world, all WG would have to do is add all of the "marathons" into the "campaigns" section. E.g. why not put the Cossack marathon simply as another campaign, which a player can choose to grind all at once, or schedule stages as he/she pleases?

The plethora of temporary in-game currencies is also a complete turn off, and this issue is exacerbated by the very poor in-game communication from WG (e.g. I wonder how many players will be left with unspent doubloons or guineas this time around?).

Rhetorical questions, of course. Its all about $$$, and I imagine that WG have made a nice few $million out of people that got utterly fed up of trying to keep to the Cossack grind schedule and resorted to buying the last 6-10 guineas.

Totally agree With this and the OP

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
Players
703 posts
7,962 battles

I mean. You are completely correct 100 %. But it is still an improvement...

Don't you remember all the **** ups they do regulalry? I mean Santa missions... Kamikaze R thing...

WG is famously unprofessional with everything. They're not just greedy but also stupid. It's visible that their business politics is on grinding and you can't change that. Still I'm with you.

+1:

Spoiler

Sorry I couldn't miss it :D

f1a.gif

• Cool 4

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,649 posts
6,886 battles

This is just a runaway sense of entitlement.  In the case of Cossack and Dreadnought you're given (or will be given) the opportunity to earn the ships for free or for very little money if that's what you want... But you can also buy the ships if you want.  Up to you whether you earn them, buy them... or neither.

It is not in WG's interest to hand you these without making you play a lot.

Sure if there's an item available in game for a heavy grind that you have no alternative way of obtaining, then there are legit grounds for griping.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,016 posts

Fully agree.

I have burnt out by the game quite a bit, and that's not due to real life. That's completely due to the 'stress' of the marathons.

I've been burnt out so badly, I didn't even see the Dreadnaught announcement....

I don't understand what their problem with "here's 40 missions, you have a month to complete them for the ship, have fun" type of events is.

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,216 posts
7,028 battles
1 hour ago, cracktrackflak said:

Those are actually two points I forgot to mention in Jack's big thread about the game's problems.

We have way too many resources ingame now tbh (and according to some people in the gaming industry I've talked to, since they brought it up to me when playing this game).

The communication that WG has is also... pretty bad. Nothing more to say about it, we all know what I'm talking about here.

• Cool 3

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
2,888 posts
10,415 battles
2 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

This is just a runaway sense of entitlement.  In the case of Cossack and Dreadnought you're given (or will be given) the opportunity to earn the ships for free or for very little money if that's what you want... But you can also buy the ships if you want.  Up to you whether you earn them, buy them... or neither.

It is not in WG's interest to hand you these without making you play a lot.

Sure if there's an item available in game for a heavy grind that you have no alternative way of obtaining, then there are legit grounds for griping.

Have you even bothered to read what OP wrote? Or are you being paid to stand up and shill for WG no matter what?

No one is asking for free handouts, the system WG right now is using is burning people out. The requirements for the grinds are unreasonable and people are being forced to choose whether a normal life is more important than an event in the game.

People are playing a lot, but WG is moving the goal posts towards an almost constant presence in game. This is already hurting the game, if you look at the comments here and on reddit.

I myself will finish the Cossack grind and then that's it. Not going to bother with the 40 dailies for Dreadnought, that's too much like work.

• Cool 4

Players
859 posts
6,949 battles

Dreadnought is worth £10. She's a Tier III BB of reasonable quality and most people would buy her just to keep her in port. She's not going to be Konig Albert or Nikolai I, some low-tier diamond, and she's really not worth 20 days worth of missions. Cossack came too late - the Tribal ship already sailed with Haida, and Tier VIII DDs are always a tough sell because of the MM. And most people aren't going to grind to get her for free - I'll give up when it costs me £15 to get the Guineas I need, so the WG event will have given me £15 off. And really, that's all these events ever really give people - £15 of discounts against less popular goods. I'm not going to grumble about it, but I don't want to feel as if my focus is these events, which come one on top of the other with very little space in between.

Players
890 posts
11,126 battles

This is just a runaway sense of entitlement(...)

I know others will and already did answer to this very reasonably, but let me put it this way:

WG is entitled as a business to offer me no choice but to buy something - in this case put in a ridiculously, but not unusually inflated bundle -, or give me the possibility to slave away for a month for what is basically copy-paste T3 ship.

I, as a customer, am also entitled to react to this by not participating anymore.

Do note, it's not about free stuff. It's about treatment of people. I don't know the exact stats, nor do I care a lot (I am the moron who bought the Mikasa with his own beloved money for example, because muh Tsushima), but what we are possibly talking about is a historically very interesting, but otherwise dull and somewhat pointless ship in terms of gameplay. I have the credits to buy the Bellerophon multiple times over. I have a fairly good line-up of high-tier premiums, and could get more, thank God, it would not slam me into the ground. Again: don't care about the free stuff. I'm reacting to the "feel honoured, peasant, after all, I'm not obliged to give you anything"-mentality.

That's the truly funny part. Maybe if WG would not """give""" me anything, I'd just play normally and regularly again, no strings attached-mode, as I always did.

So no, I'm still not grateful for the possibility, thank you. If someone is feeling grateful after knocking out 40 or something daily missions for this vanity item, be my guest, but I'll stay "entitled". In a way it sounds like having a healthy self-respect and an appretiation for my free time.

• Cool 8

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,649 posts
6,886 battles
4 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Have you even bothered to read what OP wrote? Or are you being paid to stand up and shill for WG no matter what?

No one is asking for free handouts, the system WG right now is using is burning people out. The requirements for the grinds are unreasonable and people are being forced to choose whether a normal life is more important than an event in the game.

People are playing a lot, but WG is moving the goal posts towards an almost constant presence in game. This is already hurting the game, if you look at the comments here and on reddit.

I myself will finish the Cossack grind and then that's it. Not going to bother with the 40 dailies for Dreadnought, that's too much like work.

I'm supposed to be a shill because I can see exactly what the situation is?

Did you even bother to read what I wrote?  If you don't want to grind then buy.  Complaining because you have the opportunity to grind time and not pay with money is being entitled.

IF WGs policy makes you want to play more WoWS  than you might have otherwise, or spend money you otherwise not have spent, then their policy is working.

And there is yet a third approach that you can reasonably take.  Do without these ships and still play on.

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,649 posts
6,886 battles
3 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Dreadnought is worth £10. She's a Tier III BB of reasonable quality and most people would buy her just to keep her in port. She's not going to be Konig Albert or Nikolai I, some low-tier diamond, and she's really not worth 20 days worth of missions. Cossack came too late - the Tribal ship already sailed with Haida, and Tier VIII DDs are always a tough sell because of the MM. And most people aren't going to grind to get her for free - I'll give up when it costs me £15 to get the Guineas I need, so the WG event will have given me £15 off. And really, that's all these events ever really give people - £15 of discounts against less popular goods. I'm not going to grumble about it, but I don't want to feel as if my focus is these events, which come one on top of the other with very little space in between.

The point I made, which you have totally ignored, is that you can buy Dreadnought.  I already have her.

Players
859 posts
6,949 battles
15 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

The point I made, which you have totally ignored, is that you can buy Dreadnought.  I already have her.

It's part of a £50 bundle. Doesn't count. I don't buy bundles, in any respect.

Players
2,763 posts
12,483 battles

The general problem with time-gated missions is that you can find yourself in a position where you simply cannot complete the overall task EVEN IF YOU WANT TO! 

In previous Christmas missions (and the odd summer one) I have found that I could I could not possibly complete all the missions (and with it the overall task) because of real-life commitments such as holidays.

The net effect is to make me play LESS - which is surely a case of Wargaming shooting itself in the foot if the purpose of mission design is to encourage the players to play more!

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,649 posts
6,886 battles
2 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

It's part of a £50 bundle. Doesn't count. I don't buy bundles, in any respect.

That's your decision....  But you can't say it wasn't sold.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,649 posts
6,886 battles
Just now, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

The general problem with time-gated missions is that you can find yourself in a position where you simply cannot complete the overall task EVEN IF YOU WANT TO! 

In previous Christmas missions (and the odd summer one) I have found that I could I could not possibly complete all the missions (and with it the overall task) because of real-life commitments such as holidays.

The net effect is to make me play LESS - which is surely a case of Wargaming shooting itself in the foot if the purpose of mission design is to encourage the players to play more!

Evidently that was a risk they were prepared to take.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
2,070 posts
5,164 battles
27 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Do without these ships and still play on.

Given their retention numbers, players seem to tend to pass the grind/expense and find other games.