You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Arturius_2

Fix your Bugs

17 comments in this topic

Players
9 posts
7,295 battles

*edited

Edited by flashmove_iron
This post has been moderated by the moderation team due to inappropriate content.
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 2

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,294 posts
11,159 battles
13 hours ago, Arturius_2 said:

*edited

Upgrade the toaster you are playing on first. And I really doubt that it was the ping that made you lose so many matches ;)

*edited

Post a replay or nobody is going to believe you or be able to help you.

Oh, btw. when ships turn, they get slower. That's called physics.

• Cool 1

Players
3,080 posts
5,391 battles
10 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

*edited

On the contrary: He is right. These ping-spikes for no reason do happen. I have two people sitting on the same connection here playing wows at the same time in the same round. Then, sometimes, one of us gets his ping to 200~500. Its usualy only a few seconds. Other guy has nothing, ping stays perfectly stable. Doesnt happen in any other game either. Whatever it is - its not our connection. But over here it doesnt occure as often as mentioned in the OP...

[ADRIA]
Players
3,776 posts
6,504 battles

*edited

Any chance that you, after over 7000 battles, still haven't turned off the "collision avoidance" in settings?

• Funny 1

[OM]
3,294 posts
11,159 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, ForlornSailor sagte:

On the contrary: He is right. These ping-spikes for no reason do happen. I have two people sitting on the same connection here playing wows at the same time in the same round. Then, sometimes, one of us gets his ping to 200~500. Its usualy only a few seconds. Other guy has nothing, ping stays perfectly stable. Doesnt happen in any other game either. Whatever it is - its not our connection. But over here it doesnt occure as often as mentioned in the OP...

But it can't be the server either if it happens to only one of them :cap_hmm:

Players
3,352 posts
7,027 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Well, I've experienced occasional lag spikes, pointing somewhat towards server-player connection. I couldn't blame my internet connection as skype was running just fine, server hamsters also had alibi of friends games running just fine at the time of my boat freezing in her track. And no, my borderline ancient-ish PC isn't to blame either, as game (at least entering options), web browser and stuff were responsive as usual.

Players
3,080 posts
5,391 battles
4 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

You´d think so. Its actually not bothering me enough, that I´d spend time to investigate deeper. Every 20...50 games a ping-spike of 4~5 seconds - meh. I can recall exactly one time, were it screwed me - incoming torps on my Moskva. I turn in but... ship doesnt steer. Im like WTF? then I see my 500+ ping and im like... :fish_cute_2: It didnt kill me tho, else it would have pissed me of enough prolly haha.

10 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Any chance that you, after over 7000 battles, still haven't turned off the "collision avoidance" in settings?

but...but... how to avoid islands then, when its off? They dont move, dont make warning sounds and are always in the middle of the way !!1 :fish_nerv:

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,926 posts
13,414 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

incoming torps on my Moskva. I turn in but... ship doesnt steer.

That's actually one of the oldest bugs in the game. I've encountered it as far back as CBT and it has cost me more than once.

No idea what causes it tho. Could be connection issues but I never had lag spikes like the ones described.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,213 posts
6,976 battles
10 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

That's actually one of the oldest bugs in the game. I've encountered it as far back as CBT and it has cost me more than once.

Ah another thing to add to my list of complaints... Yeah, Ramming a certain button 5 times before something happens... (R key, Heal) as well

Next to "Huh, I've been pushing the A/D key for 5 seconds now, why is my rudder still not turning". Boom torps hit you...

And yeah, one of those bugs that have been in this game since CBT. But why fix bugs right? Guess it doesn't earn money.

Players
9 posts
7,295 battles

So instead of fixing bugs they delete post's - how Russian of them ....

Let me restate this:

1st - there is significant issue with PING - it does spike only occasionally but it usually cost you ship/game

2nd - there are more strange things going on - random loss of lock when you dogfight another dd, or for some reason your salvo lands waaay lower then you aimed

this is not dispersion it's something else

3rd - ship is randomly being slowed down (PING issue?, Server thinks i'm disconnected?)

so until this is fixed no money Dear WG

To respond of some commnts

No it is not collision issue

up to 2 weeks ago everything was working so not my computer

i have tested internet connection - so the problem is on WG

Have nice day

[OM]
3,294 posts
11,159 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, Arturius_2 sagte:

So instead of fixing bugs they delete post's - how Russian of them ....

Let me restate this:

Maybe your post shouldn't contain insults towards other humans next time :cap_like:

Players
9 posts
7,295 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Maybe your post shouldn't contain insults towards other humans next time :cap_like:

So maybe they should be doing for what they have been paid for?

They are taking money from me so i return i expect working product

Not a half &^&^(&)(*%* game like product?

How long it took them to even acknowledge that there is an issue wit BB AP on DD's?

[ADRIA]
Players
3,776 posts
6,504 battles
2 hours ago, Arturius_2 said:

2nd - there are more strange things going on - random loss of lock when you dogfight another dd, or for some reason your salvo lands waaay lower then you aimed

this is not dispersion it's something else

Something else as in they turned a little bit away from you?

2 hours ago, Arturius_2 said:

3rd - ship is randomly being slowed down

Already told you, go in settings and turn collision avoidance off

Players
9 posts
7,295 battles

And forum Clapper arrives .... sigh

Try to imagine (i know it is hard but really try) you are 9km away from a fletcher .. you shoot you hit, one salvo , second you adjust for his manurers and suddenly your salvo lands like 2km from your ship  - is that normal?

yeah collision avoidance to explain bugs --- you should try better ...

[PONY]
[PONY]
Beta Tester
4,057 posts
6,834 battles

Well he is right, collision avoidance slows your ship automatic if there is the chance you will hit an isle. Thats not a bug, no matter how long you try to tell someone it is one.

For the other thing, have you mods installed? I did not expierience the things you are telling in the post.

Players
9 posts
7,295 battles
20 minutes ago, Igarigen said:

Well he is right, collision avoidance slows your ship automatic if there is the chance you will hit an isle. Thats not a bug, no matter how long you try to tell someone it is one.

For the other thing, have you mods installed? I did not expierience the things you are telling in the post. 

Collision avoidance is off - it was not even near any island so ..

Clean installation no mods

[PONY]
[PONY]
Beta Tester
4,057 posts
6,834 battles

Then lets be clear.

1: Ping problems, they happen, restarting the router, to get a clean new connection, can solve this. Ping problems are Routing Problems most of the time, not Serverproblems.

2: Sounds like loss of Aim lock on the enemy ship, maybe he was unspotted for short time, or an enemy was close or nearly same place as the ship you aimed at. In that case the System targets automatic the better(Broadside Cruiser instead of angled one as example) or nearest target you can hit. I know that this two can happen and expirienced that myself. But it was never a mistery or bug.

3. Bad Ping wont slow down your ship. Never. Only thing is, as said, the avoidance system that starts to slow your ship very early. Or you turn your ship.

And as some allready said. Isulting someone will not solve your Problem. Your argument,

6 hours ago, Arturius_2 said:

hey are taking money from me so i return i expect working product

is not valueable. Since one can play this game, every part of it, without paying one cent.

Edit: If you mean FPS Problems instead of Ping Problems, read this:

Sub_OctavianToday at 4:42 PM Dear players! It has come to our attention that using Overwolf (a TeamSpeak plug-in) with World of Warships causes the following issues:

1. During the installation Overwolf modifies World of Warships game client without asking for confirmation. It puts a mod into D:\Games\World_of_Warships_RU\res_mods\0.7.10.1\PNFMods\owplugin folder.

2. This mod actively logs your game data while you play: it reads python.log, damage dealt and taken, ribbons, frags, list of battle participants. This information seems to be recorded to owevent.log file.

3. While doing so, the mod seems to decrease game performance. While we did not have time to test all configurations yet (as we wanted to share the information ASAP), we saw the decrease from 75 to 48-56 FPS on our i7-8700K / GTX1080Ti test machines, caused exactly by this mod activity.

4. We also ask you to pay attention to the following facts: a. If owplugin folder with the mod is deleted from World of Warships game files, Overwolf re-installs it when launched; b. If Overwolf is uninstalled normally, the mod remains installed.