You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Reaper_JackGBR

The direction of the game, and the meta.

120 comments in this topic

[HAERT]
Players
1,580 posts
1,379 battles

The problem for me is bb's should be the team anchor, tanking damage and providing a mobile bunker for the team to work around.

In game, they have the biggest guns with the longest range so encourage camping at max distance.

in my Conq I sit back and snipe and I'm rewarded with 52% w/r

in lower tiers I play aggressive, push objectives and have some of the worst stats out there.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
887 posts
7,401 battles
1 minute ago, fallenkezef said:

The problem for me is bb's should be the team anchor, tanking damage and providing a mobile bunker for the team to work around.

In game, they have the biggest guns with the longest range so encourage camping at max distance.

I actually think a good solution for that would be to introduce an 'effective' range for calibres over say...180mm, give CA's a bit more range (only a couple km) and have the effective range be something like 14km for anything above that threshold. Shells that hit beyond that distance only do half damage. Would encourage BB's and high tier Cruisers to get into ranges where they can be shot back at and tank. 

Unfortunately with how braindead a worrying number of players are, I doubt the mechanic would be understood. Still.  Food for thought. 

Beta Tester
3,745 posts
13,267 battles
4 minutes ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Unfortunately with how braindead a worrying number of players are, I doubt the mechanic would be understood. Still.  Food for thought.

Often enough it's a great help to have some brainless guys on the oposite team... but of course people only remember the times, when they couldn't make up for the potatoes on their own team...

Nonetheless, the different skill levels of players are one of the main problems in the game...

I also agree with most of what @Reaper_JackGBR wrote above, even though some of it doesn't concern me the same as it does him. The worst thing that I could imagine would be the game getting so effed up, that I only log on to play some low tier battles in my most favourite sealclubbing ships.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
1,682 posts
11,708 battles

Well. I started a break. Games have become so frustrating and I don't see this improving. 

Teamplay is non existing as of late and playing like a ****** is needed to het teams going (as in pushing the channel in two brothers in a DM to outflank the lone Wooster that is scaring two tier X BBs and an Ibuki from moving within 5km of the Cap...).

Nice post OP. I agree.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,216 posts
7,007 battles
36 minutes ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

I know that @Loran_Battle and @Aotearas probably also have some points they'd like to add that I've missed or forgotten.

Aight so here I go. I don't have much time at the moment, but I will quickly type some problems I have.

• Port UI #1: The port works is so unreactive it actually runs worse than in a match. It draws massive resources from your PC. But the basic problem I have with it is that it is really sooooo slooooww.
  • Port UI #2: It is REALLY cluttered. WG has kept adding stuff. Multiple "cards", multiple places where you need to go to for specific stuff, often without much logic to it. It can be confusing, especially for new players.
  • Chat system (port side): After 3.5 years of the chat system not working... it is still not working. How is this even possible in an online team-based game. I am talking about among other things:
    • Chat randomly deleting itself.
    • People that are online don't show online.
    • Someone send a message to you? Well it is probably gone by the time you get online.
    • "player is in battle" does not work, period (minor thing, but still)
    • Very VERY confusing how to do some things. Invite someone to your chat channel? Yeah, first need to add him to contacts, then find him there (see below) and you can invite him.
  • Contact menu: Oh god, I actually recorded myself trying to invite someone into the clan. Took around 30 seconds to even find him. Doesn't really sound too long, but still its literally 2 clicks and typing the name, think about it. Doing this also slowed the port UI down to 10 fps or something atrocious. I'll include clicking on the "division" button with this, cause that causes the same massive lag. Inviting someone from my contact list is absolute torture.
  • Clan limit: I am still and will ever be pissed off with WG locking the size of clans to 30 in the beginning and 50 if you eventually upgrade it (which actually takes quite some time). This means a lot of clans had to create subclans. And that just does not really work. You don't have a central clan chat, you can't play CBs together, etc. Annoying
  • Clan ranks: There is no rank that is just a FC for CBs, you have to make someone "Recruiter". Some people don't want that rank, because you can accidentally click "invite" when reporting or trying to click on profile or whatever (combined with our great awesome UI, that totally doesn't ever lag, right? /s). A FC rank is sorely needed.
  • Last CB season: Shorter suddenly for some reason. Massive changes to MM and inclusion of bravo teams. The whole implementation was an absolute failure in my opinion. And tbh I can back it up: just look at how many clans got into typhoon compared to season 1 and 2. It reduced by something around 50%. That is insane and means they moved the goalposts for getting the stalingrad. Still leaves a bad taste for me. Edit: Oh and introducing the Worchester like 2 days before CBs was also kinda annoying seeing how powerfull it is in CBs.
  • Constant stuff: CB - Ranked -CB - Ranked-repeat. I notice a lot of people getting game burnout because of this. Minor thing maybe, but something to be considered. Especially if you include all the events we have been getting (that btw take toooooo long often, not individually, but 12 weeks of directives? ugh, I genuinely am playing LESS now because of it).

I can probably keep typing, but I'm already 20 minutes late going out today... One thing I want to add is that some of the bugs in the game have been here since 3.5 years. And they have still not been fixed. That makes me feel WG doesn't give a bleep about this game except as a cash cow. I know they are a company and all that. This goes back to CBT and OBT. Those went by WAAAAY too quickly. They had their roadmap and they went ahead without any thought. And without fixing the things that were problematic (like CVs as well).

2 years of 5 BBs a side in every single game. 1 week of 5 DDs in SOME games and we get a 4 DD cap. That also shows something to me.

I'm gonna stop here for now.

• Cool 17

Players
3,493 posts
7,248 battles
31 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

in lower tiers I play aggressive, push objectives and have some of the worst stats out there.

More fundamentally, the feeling that the game is built around keeping the BB players safe and happy and everything else is subservient to that.

• Cool 12
  • Bad 1

[HAERT]
Players
1,580 posts
1,379 battles
4 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

More fundamentally, the feeling that the game is built around keeping the BB players safe and happy and everything else is subservient to that.

There does seem to be some truth to that

Players
2,217 posts
6,193 battles
1 hour ago, fallenkezef said:

You have 52% winrate with these stats:

2 Conqueror   Conqueror 10 U.K. 46 52.17% 595 64 544 0.5 0.5

Details

I have a 51% winrate with these stats:

2 Conqueror   Conqueror 10 U.K. 61 50.82% 1 548 130 489 1.07 0.84 Details

First of all, your averages in Conq are invalid for to use as a stat from which you can conclude it needs balance tweaks. Your overall stats are appaling and you got way too few games in your Conq to even consider it a useful stat regarding averages.

It would take you only 2 losses in a row to drop back to 48% winrate. It means nothing.

I have over twice the average damage in Conq and I got a nice solo winrate with it I think (I'm still learning these max tier games, so my average in tier 10 ships isn't that good and the ships I played first generally speaking have worse stats).

But I know my way around British BBs.

The Monarch is regarded as a rotten apple in the British BB line.

These are my stats in it:

Monarch   Monarch 8 U.K. 70 70% 1 427 65 945 0.89 0.81 Details

And Lion looks very similar to Conq:

Lion   Lion 9 U.K. 95 49.47% 1 213 81 865 0.79 1.09 Details

You played only 7 battles in Lion, so you skipped it.

You even totally skipped Monarch, no battles whatsoever played in it.

And where this meta is going? Clearly it is going into a direction in which it favors DDs a lot.

Look at these changes that already happened or are coming soon (TM):

The new Haragumo and British DDs (and especially the Haragumo, which really needs a nerf, it's absurdly easy to play).

CV rework means DDs will get a lot more freedom of movement, and much more use of their conceilment. This rework will benefit DDs the most.

Radar rework is specifically tailored to aleviate DD gettijng spotted as well

BB AP nerf is specifially another buff towards DD players.

EDIT: And lets not forget the conceilment nerf that will nerf all conceilments except for DD

In the past we've had the smoke nerf, which helped turn DDs into smoke camping fire spitters. And yet I see lots of crying towards one of the most visible ships in the game, which is ridiculous.

Overall the HE spam meta is easiest to cope with from the HE BB line, the HE CL line needs islands to work with and the HE DD line is plain broken right now.

Another change to the way shells do damage was cancelled because of the huge side effects.

The only mechanic I see in the works that may actually hurt DDs for a little bit is the removal of no damage hits on oversaturated parts.

So the meta in the near future will heavily favor DDs and the other classes are more relegated to become little more then XP pinatas.

Of course some players won't like me seeing this and it will make me unpopular with them. But sometimes you just need someone who gives another side to the story, especially with all the yelling and crying that's going around in these social media channels.

It's sad, but true.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
2,217 posts
6,193 battles
22 hours ago, Capra76 said:

What kind of reply is this?

Is this even an attempt at being serious? Because it doesn't seem like it.

What are you trying to add over here? because it looks like just a single sentence that tells little fact (if any at all) and is just meant to instigate and to appeal to the popular opinion.

22 hours ago, fallenkezef said:

There does seem to be some truth to that

Not really.

The only truth it tells is that it's about a game. But games like these should appeal to all player classes, while his post only mentions a single class. His post suggestively implies all the other classes are systematically left out, which couldn't be further fron the truth.

So even though what he tells you seems to be correct in some way, he deliberately leaves out part of the story to appeal to some readers that there is some kind of great inhustice going on here.

23 hours ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

I actually think a good solution for that would be to introduce an 'effective' range for calibres over say...180mm, give CA's a bit more range (only a couple km) and have the effective range be something like 14km for anything above that threshold. Shells that hit beyond that distance only do half damage. Would encourage BB's and high tier Cruisers to get into ranges where they can be shot back at and tank. 

Are you saying that cruisers should be faster, have better conceilment and longer (effective) range then battleships?

Because if it is, you can see it written on the walla very clearly how gameplay will become.

Cruisers staying outside the (effective) range of battleship guns, using their superior speed to stay outside BB gunrange indefinitely and the BB being nothing more then an XP pinata.

How is this balanced? How is this fun gameplay for BB players?

Or perhaps I misunderstood and that was not what you were suggesting.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[SCRUB]
Players
887 posts
7,401 battles
1 minute ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Are you saying that cruisers should be faster, have better conceilment and longer (effective) range then battleships?

Because if it is, you can see it written on the walla very clearly how gameplay will become.

Cruisers staying outside the (effective) range of battleship guns, using their superior speed to stay outside BB gunrange indefinitely and the BB being nothing more then an XP pinata.

How is this balanced? How is this fun gameplay for BB players?

Or perhaps I misunderstood and that was not what you were suggesting.

I said that both classes should be affected by the same change specifically so what you describe does not occur. Ideally I would like the effective range of CA/BB guns to be max possible range for CL's so they are still balanced accordingly. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,217 posts
6,193 battles
22 hours ago, 159Hunter said:

Well. I started a break. Games have become so frustrating and I don't see this improving. 

Teamplay is non existing as of late and playing like a ****** is needed to het teams going (as in pushing the channel in two brothers in a DM to outflank the lone Wooster that is scaring two tier X BBs and an Ibuki from moving within 5km of the Cap...).

Nice post OP. I agree.

I've had some very strange games recently. Up to a point where my team gave up all caps and we had this massive score difference (maybe even 500 points or more) and they had cap advantage, and we still managed to win this battle.

It must've been quite displeasing for the enemy team, but in this game half the players will always loose.

The next game went very similarly, except we managed to gain back back cap and kill advantage and we lost due to enemy team winning on out of time and the enemy CV getting a solo warrior.

It was absurd. And it does have to do with the current meta I think? It's part of the reason why I play a lot of ops these days. Even coop is more fun.

These days it seems weekends are extended throughout the rest of the week :fish_palm:

22 hours ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

I said that both classes should be affected by the same change specifically so what you describe does not occur. Ideally I would like the effective range of CA/BB guns to be max possible range for CL's so they are still balanced accordingly. 

I'm glad that I had apparently misunderstood you.

Still I don't see how giving everything the same range of weapons would solve anything?

This supposed camping of BBs at the bordersedges, I see a lot of talk about it? But I don't actually see it happening and I certainly haven't seen any data on this subject.

Before we, as a community, point this BB borderlining as some huuuge problem that needs to be solved imminently, we should first see if this vaporfact is actually real or not? Because I don't see it being some superproblematic meta-issue right now.

The majority of BBs actually stay somewhat outside their minimum conceilment range.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[TENGO]
Players
1,545 posts
8,660 battles

@Reaper_JackGBR

Excellent post, I agree with everything. I was doing some hard grinding recently (unlocked & bought yamato (somewhat late to the party) & grozovoi), because I essentially won 30 days premium on a stream and didn't want to waste it, and take some break because of a lot of BS in this game, see among others your list.

Two days ago I won 30 days premium out of a SC. I was genuinely disappointed.

36 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

2 years of 5 BBs a side in every single game. 1 week of 5 DDs in SOME games and we get a 4 DD cap. That also shows something to me.

This is smt that made me really angry as well. It was somewhat longer than a week, but your point stands.

• Cool 2

Players
2,217 posts
6,193 battles
1 hour ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

So I was recently asked in another thread to sum up and explain why I said I was losing interest in the game by @Blixies, I think also because this feeling isn't restricted to me, but most of my Clan, and well, from what I can gather first hand on Teamspeak, Discord etc., quite a lot of the older playerbase that were around at game release and in alpha/beta. I'm going to repost what I wrote there as it's own thread as I feel it's deserving of that, and I'm interested to see what other people think as well. I know that @Loran_Battle and @Aotearas probably also have some points they'd like to add that I've missed or forgotten. So, here goes. 

- First; the changes to citadel mechanics over the years. Lowering all BB citadels (except Yamato) was an awful design decision and led to broadside on BB's not being punished as they should be. German BB's were balanced because they ate massive pen damage despite their citadel being quite protected. 

- Nerfs to flooding chance enacted about a year ago, not necessary and screwed over DD's and CV's quite a bit. 

- IFHE, I personally have an issue with it as I don't feel enough was done to keep non tier ten heavy cruisers relevant in terms of dpm afterwards, though some individual ships do fine. 

- CV rework; by all intents and purposes, it looks like it's designed to appeal to those same BB's that borderhug and never get damaged, it feels like it would get repetitive quickly as well, in other words, it lacks longevity (at least to me.) 

- Also speaking of CV's, if they had just fixed the bugs with the current system, not introduced the stupidly OP AP bombs (after being advised not to by most CC's) and reworked AA somewhat, it would not need a rework in the first place. 

- Introduction of tier 9/10 premiums. I have no issue with the concept, but the milisecond the Jean Bart was offered for real money, then no. As this goes against what we were told years ago, and changing your philosophy is fine and all, but we were quite clearly told that above tier 8 premiums would never be offered for real money. 

- Arsenal premiums. I actually like these. BUT. The prices are exorbitant on the high end ones. Stalingrad, fair enough. Salem...ehhh is pushing it. Jean Bart? Nope. For a copy paste tier 8 with a gimmick to be just shy of the price of the Salem is insane, and 40,000 coal more than a copy paste tier ten of the same class is simply indescribable. I've also heard a rumour recently that Bourgogne will be in the arsenal for 35,000 steel. Thirty. Five. Thousand. If this turns out to be true....well. More lost faith. A copy paste tier 9 BB with a gimmick is not worth half that at best.

- The fact that ships like Worcester exist in the first place, I would mind less, but British CL's had their HE taken away for the same reasons everyone thinks the Worc is powerful, and the Worc actually has armour to boot. 

- Overpens becoming more common, especially on certain ships when showing broadsides, compared to a few years ago. 

- Glaring gameplay issues that take years to fix. Especially when issues with Battleships are fixed very quickly. (Think BB AP on DD's, torpedo dispersion that still hasn't been fixed.) 

- Powercreep. This is a big one. Wargaming clearly has severe issues balancing between interesting new lines and not just outright making them better. 

- And when Wargaming does nerf/buff, they do it with a sledgehammer rather than a scalpel, making lots of changes at once, so not being able to confirm what each change was actually doing. 

- The meta as a result of all this is in a strange place, games are either sniping contests that last the full twenty minutes with ships rarely being closer than 15km to each other, or they are suicide rushes over in a matter of seconds. I personally think the virulent increase in HE spam is partially to blame for this, with the other culprits being map design and the always and ever present issue of people picking BB's because they want to survive, not because they want to do a BB's job. 

That's just the gameplay aspect of things. There are others. 

- Wargaming's issues with listening to experienced players and CC's, going against them often.

- PR debacles such as the old Christmas Convoy issues. 

- UI bugs and issues that get worse with every patch. 

- Lack of tutorials for years, when they finally make it into the game they are hard to find or not good enough. Or for some reason aimed at players who do have high game numbers/stats. 

- Big limitations on clan numbers is an issue for some, myself included, running subclans is inefficient and not the best experience as it creates cliquey environments within clans. 

- Events either not being often enough (for the first couple years) to then being too much, to the point where you have to play every day for at least a few hours for months on end to get all the rewards. 

- The clear shift towards only focusing on tier ten gameplay, combining that with the fact that tier 8 MM (on EU) is still a glaring issue. My last recorded tier 8 session was 80% bottom tier, 10% mid tier, 10% top tier (About 20 games or so.)

- Ranked rewards going from really quite appealing and a good incentive to very bad (when lots of signals were swapped for generally useless modules) before being revised to the okay steel rewards we have now. 

- Community communication, while slowly getting better, leaves a lot to be desired still. We have heard 'sorry, we will get better' more times than I can remember. 

- Finally, for whatever reason, the release of new ship lines seems to have dramatically slowed this year. I can only remember Pan-Asian DD's, British DD's, Kita, Haru and the US Cruiser split (which has been in the works for three years)and of those we only had one until two thirds of the way through the year. I feel like we got a lot less compared to past years. 

You raise some valid points here my friend.

I agree with you that citadels should be easier to hit.
Bad play should be punishable by death (ow this sounds overly dramatic :'D) or at least have a way to severely punish bad play.

But there is something to be said about this: If mistakes are easier to punish, it would also mean more people playing more carefully.
The current dakka dakka smoke spam is absolutely uninviting to incentify the start of a push, which could lead to more stalemates (and can't balme them for this, most players are not stupid enough to go right into a crushing crossfire it's true!).

I think flooding is already very powerful, but it's on a roadmap to get reworked anyway so I think this may be a non-issue now.

CV rework, yeah looking forward to it ^^

Too bad about CVs in operations though, I thoroughly enjoyed RTS CV there. But I believe it's for the greater good so lets go!

CV AP bombs...I remember a lot of PTS testers giving the feedback that AP bombs were actually quite useless. But they didn't try them out on certain ships yet.
But AP bombs are not good for the game either, agreed.
No fun factor..or perhaps only vs bots.

I don't mind arsenal premiums, it gives me something to look forward to.
I have all freemiums now and am a dedicated and loyal Warshipsskipper now and am happy to have been rewarded for this ^^

Well..I don't have any of the steel ships though but that's mostly to do with these game modes simply not being very appealing to me (especially ranked. I don't mind having to work for something, obviously).

I don't see how you suddenly start going on the "BB ALWUYS GET BUFFED AND DD ALWUYS GET NURFT" tour. It doesn't suit your other suggestions at all.

Powercreep may be a real issue, but they have some examples of balance done right. For example the French BBs.
The more recent tech tree ships were not such a fun and engaging addition though (and I'm not talking about the British DDs, more about these spamfesters of the IJN).

There are no sniping contests happening here. Perhaps you simply don't like strategic or tactical gameplay.
Guess what...it does appeal to certain players.

I remember the debate about bush camping in WoT. They saw it as coward gameplay while I saw their type of gameplay as n00b rushing "PURESS W ALWAYS AND JUST SHOOT DA RED STUFF WIT GOLD" and they got their way. Just look at WoT now.
I prefer to have some brains and some actual patience in games like these.

Sniping from max range is very ineffective, these players get very poor stats...just like Fallenkezef

• Boring 1

Players
3,493 posts
7,248 battles
28 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

What kind of reply is this?

Have you read and understood the OP?

He asked why players are losing interest in the game and that is one reason why I am.

• Cool 2

Players
2,217 posts
6,193 battles
50 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

Aight so here I go. I don't have much time at the moment, but I will quickly type some problems I have.

• Port UI #1: The port works is so unreactive it actually runs worse than in a match. It draws massive resources from your PC. But the basic problem I have with it is that it is really sooooo slooooww.
  • Port UI #2: It is REALLY cluttered. WG has kept adding stuff. Multiple "cards", multiple places where you need to go to for specific stuff, often without much logic to it. It can be confusing, especially for new players.
  • Chat system (port side): After 3.5 years of the chat system not working... it is still not working. How is this even possible in an online team-based game. I am talking about among other things:
    • Someone send a message to you? Well it is probably gone by the time you get online.
    • Very VERY confusing how to do some things. Invite someone to your chat channel? Yeah, first need to add him to contacts, then find him there (see below) and you can invite him.
  • Contact menu: Oh god, I actually recorded myself trying to invite someone into the clan. Took around 30 seconds to even find him. Doesn't really sound too long, but still its literally 2 clicks and typing the name, think about it. Doing this also slowed the port UI down to 10 fps or something atrocious. I'll include clicking on the "division" button with this, cause that causes the same massive lag. Inviting someone from my contact list is absolute torture.
  • Clan limit: I am still and will ever be pissed off with WG locking the size of clans to 30 in the beginning and 50 if you eventually upgrade it (which actually takes quite some time). This means a lot of clans had to create subclans. And that just does not really work. You don't have a central clan chat, you can't play CBs together, etc. Annoying
  • Clan ranks: There is no rank that is just a FC for CBs, you have to make someone "Recruiter". Some people don't want that rank, because you can accidentally click "invite" when reporting or trying to click on profile or whatever (combined with our great awesome UI, that totally doesn't ever lag, right? /s). A FC rank is sorely needed.
  • Last CB season: Shorter suddenly for some reason. Massive changes to MM and inclusion of bravo teams. The whole implementation was an absolute failure in my opinion. And tbh I can back it up: just look at how many clans got into typhoon compared to season 1 and 2. It reduced by something around 50%. That is insane and means they moved the goalposts for getting the stalingrad. Still leaves a bad taste for me. Edit: Oh and introducing the Worchester like 2 days before CBs was also kinda annoying seeing how powerfull it is in CBs.
  • Constant stuff: CB - Ranked -CB - Ranked-repeat. I notice a lot of people getting game burnout because of this. Minor thing maybe, but something to be considered. Especially if you include all the events we have been getting (that btw take toooooo long often, not individually, but 12 weeks of directives? ugh, I genuinely am playing LESS now because of it).

I can probably keep typing, but I'm already 20 minutes late going out today... One thing I want to add is that some of the bugs in the game have been here since 3.5 years. And they have still not been fixed. That makes me feel WG doesn't give a bleep about this game except as a cash cow. I know they are a company and all that. This goes back to CBT and OBT. Those went by WAAAAY too quickly. They had their roadmap and they went ahead without any thought. And without fixing the things that were problematic (like CVs as well).

I'm gonna stop here for now.

I agree with you on all counts, but again the last bit is what kinda ruined it for me?

Because 5*DD games are just terrible but 5*BB games are less so as BBs have some of the lowest carrying potential (with CVs being the absolute #1 and DD being second place here).

The GUI is really sluggish and it does make people go away. It's really very frustrating.

I was sorry to hear that the devs also didn't have this on the short term to-do lists (for reasons I guess) but I hope we get a smoother GUI soonish :Smile_great:

One thing I hadn't really mentioned anymore recently is this though:

It kinda irks me that we do get a lot of events, a lot of missions and arcs and stuff?

But in the end all I want is new lines I can grind, new tech tree lines.

They don't even have to have unique mix of gimmicks, I'd even play a second USN BB line that plays very similar to the current one...just so I have these new ships in my port :Smile_Default:

• Boring 1

Players
2,217 posts
6,193 battles
13 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Have you read and understood the OP?

He asked why players are losing interest in the game and that is one reason why I am.

Well, seeing as I have actually literally quoted the guy and responded to virtually every sentence he written (contrary to your meagery oneliner), I think the answer to this my friend, is not just blowing in the wind but is also very apparent don't you think? :Smile_honoring:

Players
2,199 posts
14,151 battles
22 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

...Because 5*DD games are just terrible but 5*BB games are less so as...

Five BBs is one of the worse things that ever happened to this game, as it lead to the decline and passivity of cruisers.

What happens when cruisers go passive?

23 hours ago, Capra76 said:

...the feeling that the game is built around keeping the BB players safe and happy and everything else is subservient to that...

My view is that they keep altering the META to reward passive BB play, while punishing aggressive BB play.  Even CCs now sit behind land mass, rarely move, and just push the left mouse button.

• Cool 6

Players
3,094 posts
5,418 battles
1 hour ago, 159Hunter said:

Games have become so frustrating and I don't see this improving. 

Yup, me neither. Especially, since we are headding more and more in the opposite direction. Today 5 games, I gotta say, they were all pretty bad. Once we got roflstomped without ANY chance (our division even managed to give us a HUGE advantage with 2 early DD kills), twice we roflstomped so hard, that I rushed with my Donskoi 3 BBs in their spawn, because nothing happened and I didnt want to end the round with 25k dmg. 2 of the 5 games you could argue were somewhat ok... one we actually had to fight against some decent opposition, the other was a case of "which team is more stupid?" - and in that sense, it was actually balanced. Is that the "balance" we are aiming for these days? :Smile_facepalm:

1 hour ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Often enough it's a great help to have some brainless guys on the oposite team... but of course people only remember the times, when they couldn't make up for the potatoes on their own team...

You are right, that people will remember and thus complain more, if they have bad players on their side. Its human nature - selective. But for myself I can say: I dont have fun neither, if my team is so strong, that we just wipe the enemys and the game is decided in minute 2~3.

1 hour ago, Loran_Battle said:

I so agree about all of this. Its unacceptable actually. I get empty chatwindows and I dont know what that personen wanted from me. Today I was trying to add someone from a different clan to our division - they actually thought i was afk because it took so freakin long! First, I have to search that person. For some reason, this takes forever and shows me a million people with no relation to what i searched. Then I finaly spot that guy in the list, click him - and I actually got a total different person in the chat window? I actually did send messages to complete strangers, because I didnt notice, UI gave me the wrong guy! Well, not that it matters, since the UI will delete messages, as we all know. So yea, I have to start all over again. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,379 posts
12,680 battles

games are either sniping contests that last the full twenty minutes with ships rarely being closer than 15km to each other, or they are suicide rushes over in a matter of seconds. I personally think the virulent increase in HE spam is partially to blame for this

HE spam is not the fault for this. BB's are infact the best class to deal with HE spam. Lots of HP,  armor, heals and repairs. Plus the ability to oneshot the HE spammer. 

So it all comes down to the players. They are simply afraid of taking damage even though the ships are really good at dealing with HE spam. 

The recent HE spammers does not help the fact, but are sure enough not the cause for the passive play. 

- Arsenal premiums. I actually like these. BUT. The prices are exorbitant on the high end ones. Stalingrad, fair enough. Salem...ehhh is pushing it. Jean Bart?

I like arsenal premiums aswell. However i do not like the fact that all these ships have to be better than their silverline counterparts. E.g Stalingrad. Just like the Moskva but better. So they straight up replace ships in the competitive arena instead of offering something different. 

and the Worc actually has armour to boot

Where? Mine does not have any significant armor.  It can all be penned by most HE and AP it meets. The issue with the Worc have been fixed. (Somewhat) aka radar is only 9km now. 

As for the rest of the post:

giphy.gif.111ec99c9a16b3844b8a5865a4cb6cc4.gif

• Cool 2

Players
2,217 posts
6,193 battles
18 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Five BBs is one of the worse things that ever happened to this game, as it lead to the decline and passivity of cruisers.

No it isn't.

There's tons of worse things to happen to the game, like five DDs in one match.

But also things like too much torp soup or too much HE spam are all things that are unwanted in this game and are bad for gameplay and bad for the game experience.

The only thing I can agree on is that about a year ago cruisers really needed some love, and at least they received some love.

Some cruisers actually prefer lots of BBs to lots of DDs, as BBs are easier to farm for me :Smile_great:

• Boring 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,244 posts
6,386 battles
13 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

HE spam is not the fault for this. BB's are infact the best class to deal with HE spam. Lots of HP,  armor, heals and repairs. Plus the ability to oneshot the HE spammer. 

So it all comes down to the players. They are simply afraid of taking damage even though the ships are really good at dealing with HE spam. 

you can litterly just get close to a cap the HE spammers get scared/turn into spawn or go behind an island while farming u.

what u do is just turn away laugh and heal it all up again while getting a dreadnaught  fireproof with it.

Players
2,217 posts
6,193 battles
17 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

My view is that they keep altering the META to reward passive BB play, while punishing aggressive BB play.  Even CCs now sit behind land mass, rarely move, and just push the left mouse button.

Being passive is not the same as not being a n00b rusher. Some people don't see the difference :Smile_sceptic:

And you are forgetting something very important here. Rewarding passive DD play is also very bad for the game. Like this smoke camp dakka dakka meta in which others try to support a spotting DD and as soon as he spots something, he smokes up and everything gets unspotted while we get farmed by the enemy :fish_palm:

Players
632 posts
7,470 battles
22 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

No, it is the combination of large number of BBs and large numbers of DDs that force cruisers do be passive.

Individually, 5.BB combined with couple of DDs in not really a problem. Nor is 5.DDs combined with couple of BBs.

Players
2,217 posts
6,193 battles
17 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

The recent HE spammers does not help the fact, but are sure enough not the cause for the passive play. 

I like arsenal premiums aswell. However i do not like the fact that all these ships have to be better than their silverline counterparts. E.g Stalingrad. Just like the Moskva but better. So they straight up replace ships in the competitive arena instead of offering something different. 

Where? Mine does not have any significant armor.  It can all be penned by most HE and AP it meets. The issue with the Worc have been fixed. (Somewhat) aka radar is only 9km now. 

As for the rest of the post:

giphy.gif.111ec99c9a16b3844b8a5865a4cb6cc4.gif

The only BB in which I don't fear HE spam, are the ones with superheal.

All others it's not hard to simply get out-DPM-ed.

Haragumo can often deal like 3k a salvo, every couple seconds. Now try to run away from a crossfire of multiple spammers in a slow BB, it's not really much fun (excvept in Conq I don't mind and I'm actually made to tank fire damage...which is the most important reason why I prefer Conq these days for tier 10 BB).

• Bad 1