Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ForlornSailor

Did ramming always work like this?

11 comments in this topic

Players
3,110 posts
5,446 battles

Now im not an expert in ramming, I usualy dont resort to that tactic. But in my opinion - I should have been dead here? No ramming flag was involved.

I have no idea why I gave him more damage then I took.

Spoiler

shot-18_11.16_23_42.06-0569.thumb.jpg.4e3830a078ecdf0a7a1dc19be93010d5.jpg

[JRM]
Players
825 posts
12,808 battles

I think the damage given and recieved depends on your ship total hp dont know the formula and that flag definetly modifes it but its not even that rare to survive the ram itself usually its flooding that gets you

[DSW]
Players
3,715 posts
7,542 battles

kinda wonky for sure, but a) very low impact speed, b) he was moving away from you and c) he was going pretty damn slow to begin with. All three of these seem to contribute to low-damage rams in one way or another...

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,802 posts
4,721 battles

Here you go:

Speed

Speed is the factor which determines the level of damage inflicted to another ship. To ensure the maximum amount of damage is caused to an enemy ship, collisions must be achieved at the highest speed possible. High-speed collisions immediately inflict a high level of damage to both involved ships. These types of collisions typically result in the destruction of one or both of the involved ships. In contrast, Low-speed collisions do not inflict a high level of damage. Instead, a lowered amount of damage is inflicted to both ships during the time they contact each other. The amount of damage is dependent on the speed of impact. This type of collision is not common because it only occurs when the combined collision speed is very low, between 0 and 5 knots.

(Source)

My guess is that the combined speed was indeed in the region of 0-5 knots. Judging by the video, the relative speed looks very close to zero (aka same speed).

• Cool 2

[AS13]
Players
1,487 posts
1,756 battles

I think if you do it this way (sort of 'grinding' instead of a ram) you get quid-pro-quo.

Or, you trade your health for his. Ends up you had more health than him. 

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,124 posts
10,571 battles

Yepp.

He moved away from you and steered away. You hit him with low relative speed (relative to him) and then damage is calculated per time of contact.

Ages ago something similar happened to me when a Geneisenau bumped my Colorado from behind. Stuff like that is rare.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,062 posts
17,625 battles

don't nail me on it, but i think a long time ago i did read a statement where they said speed is not a factor for dmg given or received :Smile_hiding:... eversince i thought so :Smile_unsure:

• Cool 1

Players
3,110 posts
5,446 battles

Thanks for the replies. Did some math, and when I calculate the damage given in relation to base HP - it looks logical. He is dealing 72,175% of his base HP (33489 of 46400) to me, while im dealing 73,144% of my base HP (35914 of 49100) to him. So... ships with more base HP should prefer a low-speed ram I guess? Maybe I can test this in a training room with some consistent results.

[DC-DK]
Players
1,968 posts
22,928 battles
2 hours ago, Ubertron_X said:

Yes, always like this...

giphy.gif

From one of the most epic movie's 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this