You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blue_sonic98

Nerf graff zeppelin

18 comments in this topic

[BFIST]
Players
5 posts
4,379 battles

My Scharnhorst got rekt by a graff zeppelin in the beginning of the match I was going to stick with my teammates and a Nagato was near me and the graff zeppelin chose to attack me she did 19k damage on me by her big dive bombers squad and then destroyed me by her torpedo bombers I went to port when I checked the results of the battle it was a surprise for me:

That graff zeppelin won a ton of achievements

*edited*

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[DSW]
Players
3,707 posts
7,537 battles

your point being? calling for nerfs to specific CVs is about as pointless as nipples on a breastplate (sorry, I just like that quote) at this point, with the rework coming soontm

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,144 posts
11,447 battles
8 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

your point being? calling for nerfs to specific CVs is about as pointless as nipples on a breastplate (sorry, I just like that quote) at this point, with the rework coming soontm

batnipples.jpg

• Funny 6

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,296 posts
11,167 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Blue_sonic98 sagte:

wows2.thumb.jpg.1acbf8c7fd978a57e085f490a052490f.jpg

Insta-Repairing two fires and then getting attacked by torpedo bombers? My, who could have expected that...

Go on, guys, nothing to see here but a BB noob that needs to learn when to use damage con.

• Cool 3

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles
17 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Insta-Repairing two fires and then getting attacked by torpedo bombers? My, who could have expected that...

Go on, guys, nothing to see here but a BB noob that needs to learn when to use damage con.

Not necessarily. He took 3k damage from guns. SoI suspect a cruiser or dd shot him. He damage cont both fires (as you should, also he didn't take any more shell damage) and was then targeted By the cv with ap bombs and torps. At least that's my conclusion based on the screen shot. 

The point about the impending rework still holds true though. 

[OM]
3,296 posts
11,167 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, dCK_Ad_Hominem sagte:

He took 3k damage from guns. SoI suspect a cruiser or dd shot him.

5k from 3 hits means it was a BB. And most likely with AP, which would mean the GZ probably used HE bombs to set the fires.

Vor 5 Minuten, dCK_Ad_Hominem sagte:

He damage cont both fires (as you should, also he didn't take any more shell damage)

No. Just no. You should absolutely not damage con 2 fires when there's a good chance for torpedos incoming.

Or at least you should not come to the forum and call something OP just because it took advantage of this mistake.

• Cool 1

[TENGO]
Players
1,545 posts
8,643 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

You should absolutely not damage con 2 fires when there's a good chance for torpedos incoming.

People misunderstand the "rule" (did flamu popularize it?) "only dmgcon when double fire" and translate it to "always use dmgcon immediately when double fire."

There's enough good reasons not to dmgcon 2 (or even more) fires, especially with carriers ingame, which means there is by definition not a safe location to retreat and/or get unspotted.

In the end the game mechanics don't teach people this. I'd say around 60-75% of the players dmgcon their first fire, immediately. Rarely I see them getting seriously punished for it. Decent carrier players are an exception and will most likely always notice this & see free lunch.

Must be fun to receive that kind of slack just for punishing bad play :)

[NWP]
Players
3,187 posts
5,583 battles

I think a CV player with those stats should be handleable...

Since he provided the name, everyone can check it. Doesnt look like someone who is using manual drop to me (or if he is kinda bad at it^^)

1 minute ago, Saiyko said:

People misunderstand the "rule" (did flamu popularize it?) "only dmgcon when double fire" and translate it to "always use dmgcon immediately when double fire."

The opposite is: Not dmgconing one fire despite dieing to it. Because flamu sez "never repair one fire" :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
14,041 posts
10,543 battles

A (nearly) full health BB should not repair two fires. Give your repair something to do.

[OM]
3,296 posts
11,167 battles

The basic rule for me is: Never damage con anything less than 3 fires if there is more possible DOTs coming in. Unless you are low hp and have no choice.

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
810 posts
12,718 battles

Best (acctually the only) rule of DCP usage is - use brain before you use the finger... Sometimes you need to put that one fire out asap sometimes you let 3 burn through and just heal it up afterwards, risking sudden death salvo just becouse CV might find you is just as stupid as using it to put out first fire when targeted by 5 HE spammers, I mean seriously - cv might find you or he might not or he might fly his bombers right over a trigger happy wooster that put out his aaa suite and poof no planes left...

[BFIST]
Players
5 posts
4,379 battles
22 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

You can call me noob or whatever you want but you don't understand a cv damaged my ship at the beginning of the match and took away 49k HP from my ship by dive bombers and torpedo bombers her torpedo bombers are hard to dodge because of a different layout and I used the Damage control party because I was spotted and 3 warships were aiming at me You can't call me noob because you don't think about anything I was low on HP. I think you like using overpowered units like graf zeppelin to win the games and this is why you are acting like I am a stupid gamer and this is why I died at the beginning of the match.

• Bad 1

Players
3,092 posts
5,406 battles
13 minutes ago, Blue_sonic98 said:

you don't understand a cv damaged my ship at the beginning of the match and took away 49k HP from my ship

Did you ever one-shot a Cruiser, when he was the first ship spotted 60 sec in the game, while he didnt even had anything in his gunrange to shoot atleast once?

[CR33D]
Players
2,948 posts
14,952 battles
15 minutes ago, Blue_sonic98 said:

You can call me noob or whatever you want but you don't understand a cv damaged my ship at the beginning of the match and took away 49k HP from my ship by dive bombers and torpedo bombers her torpedo bombers are hard to dodge because of a different layout and I used the Damage control party because I was spotted and 3 warships were aiming at me You can't call me noob because you don't think about anything I was low on HP. I think you like using overpowered units like graf zeppelin to win the games and this is why you are acting like I am a stupid gamer and this is why I died at the beginning of the match.

You used damage con because you were spotted and 3 ships were aiming at you? Ehn what? Send the replay and let us see if you did everthing right? 

Btw i dont think you did.

Players
2,217 posts
6,193 battles
21 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

No. Just no. You should absolutely not damage con 2 fires when there's a good chance for torpedos incoming.

Or at least you should not come to the forum and call something OP just because it took advantage of this mistake.

While this is a good point, one could debate whether the pre-buff GZ was capable of doing this.

In this case, he might actually have a point if it is about bad balancing of the GZ (which happens to be true).

And besides, a reasonable CV player would simply hover his torp bombers around till his envisioned target would use DC anyway so he can maximize flood damage.

But you have to give him credit, there's actually quite a lot of players that DC a single fire right away, my Conq loved them for it :cap_like:

[YEEET]
Players
1,171 posts
10,972 battles

Don't see many Graf Zeppelins around - they seem quite OP though - had one encounter when in my Atlanta - fully AA specced - AA rating 85 - and he tore through me as if I was firing corks! I have wrecked a few Saipans with this set up so was quite surprised to be quite as impotent! Not met another since though!

[RAIN]
Players
93 posts
9,100 battles

People dare to ask me why I love HE spamming cruisers....And now I read this..