You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dragnorak

Advanced Modules, No thanks..

36 comments in this topic

Players
534 posts
6,232 battles

So I grafted and then I grafted some more to get my advanced module for the YY. Damn, it takes an age. I didn't want to check anywhere to see what this module would be as I like surprises.

Boy was I surprised ROFL

For all my hard work I've got a crappy 10% torp and main gun reload 104 to 93.6 on torps and 3 to 2.7 on guns but wait for it.

IN MY CONCEALMENT SLOT

I already give up 200 meters to Shimas 5.6 (5.8 me) and now to use this piece of dog poo I've got to give away another 700 to go to 6.5 so 900 meters in all

So I giveaway 700 meters of stealth for 9 seconds. I can wait 9 seconds.

NO THANKS>>

• Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[5D]
Players
431 posts
20,034 battles

You grinded to something that you didn't know what it was and now are disappointed with it.... Logic level 9000 

• Cool 10
  • Funny 7

Players
534 posts
6,232 battles

Have you never done that Mr Snow in your life ROFL. Or has your life been one magic roundabout after another, me thinks not eh!

Yes, I'm disappointed with it because it's rubbish. The fact I kept it a surprise is irrelevant.

• Bad 2

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,507 battles

What I do find weird about the modules is that with DDs, its mostly tradeoffs, BBs, straight up buffs, some Cruisers, straight up buffs, a few of them tradeoffs.... I don't get the logic... WG showing more bias?

• Boring 1

Weekend Tester
833 posts
4,438 battles
22 minutes ago, Dragnorak said:

Have you never done that Mr Snow in your life ROFL. Or has your life been one magic roundabout after another, me thinks not eh!

Yes, I'm disappointed with it because it's rubbish. The fact I kept it a surprise is irrelevant.

No i have not ROFL.

I always do my research before i start grinding something LMAO.

SO i don't end up extremely disappointed after 3 weeks of grinding left with a module that i will never use LUL.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
534 posts
6,232 battles
1 minute ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

No i have not ROFL.

I always do my research before i start grinding something LMAO.

SO i don't end up extremely disappointed after 3 weeks of grinding left with a module that i will never use LUL.

Well bully for you. I chose the Oooo let's keep this a surprise route. Anyway, the fact I got the jack in the box and not the golden egg is moot. The point is it is a nice module but in a ludicrous slot. I am NEVER going to sack off my concealment for 9 secs of torp reload.

It's a tradeoff module like Pap said. BBs get buffs, oh the shock of it! And we get a small smelly pile of dog leavings.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts

The details of the Legendary Modules has been freely available for some months now, sorry @Dragnorak I've very little sympathy.

You decided to put in the effort, but couldn't take the tiny amount of time to look up what you were working towards. I've got the module and don't use it, I got it because I played Yueyang the same way I always did and I had no expectations as I knew I'd never use it while it's got the current stats, it's in my inventory and will stay there.

• Cool 1

Players
534 posts
6,232 battles
1 minute ago, BeauNidl3 said:

The details of the Legendary Modules has been freely available for some months now, sorry @Dragnorak I've very little sympathy.

You decided to put in the effort, but couldn't take the tiny amount of time to look up what you were working towards. I've got the module and don't use it, I got it because I played Yueyang the same way I always did and I had no expectations as I knew I'd never use it while it's got the current stats, it's in my inventory and will stay there.

Im not after your sympathy, don't need it never went looking for it either. Ive not even grinded to get it. I play YY all the time.

I'm just pointing out it's a crap module.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts
22 minutes ago, Dragnorak said:

Im not after your sympathy, don't need it never went looking for it either. Ive not even grinded to get it. I play YY all the time.

Read your first post as if someone else wrote it, it comes across as you feel your effort was wasted.

Yes it's a bad module, some of the others are too, in fact the only one I've equipped out of the 6 or 7 I've got is on the Zao.

Weekend Tester
833 posts
4,438 battles
6 minutes ago, Dragnorak said:

Well bully for you. I chose the Oooo let's keep this a surprise route. Anyway, the fact I got the jack in the box and not the golden egg is moot. The point is it is a nice module but in a ludicrous slot. I am NEVER going to sack off my concealment for 9 secs of torp reload.

It's a tradeoff module like Pap said. BBs get buffs, oh the shock of it! And we get a small smelly pile of dog leavings.

This whole thing sound like you are talking about the Z-52. And if so i 100% agree with you its trash and pointless. And that's the reason why i still don't have it. Unlike my Hindenburg and Kurry.

But the fault is entirely on you for not doing the research. Which is available with a simple Google search, on the Forums, Reddit and the official Wiki. *COUGH* http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades *COUGH*

You have no reason for lashing out here on the forums after going in blind and not using any of the resources at your disposal.

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
484 posts
7,963 battles

Well, people grind for something they want... If you didn't investigated what the module gives ... then you grind for an inventory item or it's credit price (I do not advise you to sell it though)

Apart from that Legendary Modules do not require grind - if you play that ship you will get them eventually :cap_yes:

• Cool 1

[DSW]
Players
3,715 posts
7,542 battles
1 hour ago, Dragnorak said:

and then why would you feel the need to make your own thread, if not to go fishing for (undeserved) sympathy?

we know what these modules do, we know which are worth going for (and the YY one indeed isnt, that's not a breathtakingly new discovery). That you didnt bother to inform yourself isnt our problem.

• Cool 3

Players
2,300 posts
2 hours ago, Dragnorak said:

So I grafted and then I grafted some more to get my advanced module for the YY. Damn, it takes an age.

1 hour ago, Dragnorak said:

Ive not even grinded to get it. I play YY all the time.

:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

Players
534 posts
6,232 battles
2 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Read your first post as if someone else wrote it, it comes across as you feel your effort was wasted.

Yes it's a bad module, some of the others are too, in fact the only one I've equipped out of the 6 or 7 I've got is on the Zao.

Yeah, you're right.

I was actually trying to get across that its a lot of effort for not much value. For me it was not much effort as I play YY all the time but if you set out to grind it then man it takes ages to achieve and then its meh

I didn't write it right..

[OP]
Beta Tester
216 posts
2,517 battles
Just now, Dragnorak said:

Yeah, you're right.

I was actually trying to get across that its a lot of effort for not much value. For me it was not much effort as I play YY all the time but if you set out to grind it then man it takes ages to achieve and then its meh

I didn't write it right..

If you want to discuss the Unique Upgrade itself you should have done it differently indeed. Could have been a good discussion if you had some good ideas, because the actual unique is useless and serves no purpose whatsoever.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,950 posts
6,633 battles

But it's not wasted effort if you take the time to inform yourself.

It's, what, 15 seconds searching ? Type "wows legendary upgrade" and the first or second answer google gives you is the upgrade page of the wows wiki.

What the point of this thread ? Showing that uninformed people can't even open google properly ?

Yeah, Yue Yang module isn't worth. There are other module which are more interesting however. Zao. DM. GK. Yamato. Moskva. Shimakaze (sort of). République...

But find out by reading the wiki instead of blindly farming for them. Instead of making a topic and asking "I farmed an upgrade and it's useless"

• Cool 1

Players
534 posts
6,232 battles
1 minute ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

If you want to discuss the Unique Upgrade itself you should have done it differently indeed. Could have been a good discussion if you had some good ideas, because the actual unique is useless and serves no purpose whatsoever.

Ok lets change it up then.

I DO think it's a worthy module but it's in the wrong slot. No one in a non pure gun boat is going to trade off their Stealthiness for a bonus of 9 seconds on torp reload.

Players
534 posts
6,232 battles
1 minute ago, ShinGetsu said:

But it's not wasted effort if you take the time to inform yourself.

It's, what, 15 seconds searching ? Type "wows legendary upgrade" and the first or second answer google gives you is the upgrade page of the wows wiki.

What the point of this thread ? Showing that uninformed people can't even open google properly ?

Yeah, Yue Yang module isn't worth. There are other module which are more interesting however. Zao. DM. GK. Yamato. Moskva. Shimakaze (sort of). République.

Are you mentally ill?

Ive noticed that a lot on these forums and it's probably why I stopped posting a year ago. You create a thread and immediately you get slayed for 

Creating the wrong thread

Being wrong

Not doing things how others think you should be doing them.

I already stated that I wanted it to be a surprise and then I admitted that I didn't phrase my opening post in the best way and yet you still want to BANG on about me being

uniformed

cant google properly

etc etc

It's like an illness isn't it! I do find it tiresome.

I'm sure you're a nice person in real life, most of us are but get into a forum and man does it bring out the mental illness in a lot of people. This constant need to disparage and put others down for the slightest infraction.

• Boring 1

Players
664 posts
2 hours ago, PapVogele said:

What I do find weird about the modules is that with DDs, its mostly tradeoffs, BBs, straight up buffs, some Cruisers, straight up buffs, a few of them tradeoffs.... I don't get the logic... WG showing more bias?

No all upgrades are tradeoffs. I sold mine

[OP]
Beta Tester
216 posts
2,517 battles
Just now, Dragnorak said:

Ok lets change it up then.

I DO think it's a worthy module but it's in the wrong slot. No one in a non pure gun boat is going to trade off their Stealthiness for a bonus of 9 seconds on torp reload.

Okay, so in the 6th slot, lets look:
So most YueYang players either have:

• Main battery mod 3: -12% gun reload, -13% traverse speed.
  • Torpedo tubes mod 3: -15% torpedo reload, +50% chance on incapacitation of the tubes.

Unique does: -10% to both gun and torpedo reload, and -15% to the duration of radar and smoke.
By just looking at this I don't think it is worth to degrade my radar or smoke for an average buff of both. YY is a cap contester and it is great at it. If they want to give it a different purpose the buff for the torpedoes should have been bigger.

• Cool 1

[SOCKS]
Players
771 posts
5,479 battles

Wait until the OP realizes YY is about to be murdered by the nerfs....he's gonna have such a fit that if he doesn't end up catatonic it's going to be close XDDDDDDDDDD

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[TENGO]
Players
1,556 posts
8,690 battles
12 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

No all upgrades are tradeoffs. I sold mine

That might not be the smartest idea, since it's possible wg will change them.

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts
5 hours ago, Saiyko said:

That might not be the smartest idea, since it's possible wg will change them.

Indeed, that's why the ones I get that I don't like the looks of will remain in my inventory. They do no harm there and I have far more credits than I can ever use anyway.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
3,834 posts
6,552 battles
12 hours ago, Dragnorak said:

I didn't want to check anywhere to see what this module would be

Well that's your and only your mistake. Nothing else to blame for it

IN MY CONCEALMENT SLOT

Exactly my problem, I'd like that module in 6th slot. In 5th? Hell no

Have you never done that in your life ROFL.

Uhh... no. I like to keep myself informed.

11 hours ago, Dragnorak said:

BBs get buffs

Monty? Conq? Completely useless trash in 5th slot

GKs & Republics range and turret traverse for a little bit of reload?

Yamatos turret traverse getting completely gutted for couple meters better dispersion?

Much buffs, such wow

11 hours ago, Dragnorak said:

Well, everyone (apparently except you) already knew that