Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Genie_of_the_Lamp

Yamato 8/9 planes why....

14 comments in this topic

Players
75 posts
23,168 battles

Hi

CAn some one tell me why the Yamato has 8 planes stock on board while the reload is 4 minutes and the action time 1:5 min....

When y do the math you ll find out that you only can launch ingame a lot less planes then there are availeble to you.

I can count 5 or 4 planes which you have to launch from the start of the game and launch another as soon as the reload is done...

Why so many planes WG???? Whats the purpose of this. Isn't it possible to change the reload time in such a way that ppl can use ALL the planes they have??

(should be also on the other ships if this case is the same).

[I401]
Beta Tester
922 posts
7,668 battles

Its historically accurate.

• Cool 1

[HOME]
Players
640 posts
7,855 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Planes can get shot down.

Even if all your planes get shot down instantly you can't launch them all in a single game. Even though it never bothers me, mister Genie has got a point. 

• Cool 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,961 posts
13,451 battles
20 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Even if all your planes get shot down instantly you can't launch them all in a single game.

True.

Probably just historical accuracy then. Without SI and premium consumables her floatplane count would be 7, which is afaik her historical complement.

• Cool 1

[OGHF]
Players
545 posts
10,427 battles

Remember one of Captains skills is to launch 2 planes at once, both go up opposite each other but foy slower than if only 1 launched.

[DSW]
Players
3,708 posts
7,537 battles
26 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Remember one of Captains skills is to launch 2 planes at once, both go up opposite each other but foy slower than if only 1 launched.

which isnt relevant because it still only consumes one charge of the consumable.

• Cool 1

Players
2,230 posts
6,204 battles
On 11/16/2018 at 7:26 PM, Genie_of_the_Lamp said:

Hi

CAn some one tell me why the Yamato has 8 planes stock on board while the reload is 4 minutes and the action time 1:5 min....

When y do the math you ll find out that you only can launch ingame a lot less planes then there are availeble to you.

I can count 5 or 4 planes which you have to launch from the start of the game and launch another as soon as the reload is done...

Why so many planes WG???? Whats the purpose of this. Isn't it possible to change the reload time in such a way that ppl can use ALL the planes they have??

(should be also on the other ships if this case is the same).

You can use all of them if you do a battle in the training room that lasts 60 minutes.

But that's the only thing I can think of in which this feature might actually be useful.

I don't mind it being impossibe to use all of them now though, no reason to lower the total amount anyway and it might be an advantage in case the recharge time ever gets buffed.

Also it does matter when using the premium variant.

Players
75 posts
23,168 battles
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, kfa said:

Its historically accurate.

There are many things ingamne that dont need to be excact like history....especially the nerves and the buffs

[PONY]
[PONY]
Beta Tester
4,060 posts
6,842 battles
2 hours ago, Genie_of_the_Lamp said:

There are many things ingamne that dont need to be excact like history....especially the nerves and the buffs

Then they should reduce the planes avaiable on Yamato to 4 or 5, "problem" solved. :Smile_popcorn:

Players
822 posts
6,969 battles

Basically the answer is we need to condense naval warfare to a 15 minute engagement in a relatively small area.

But the accurate ship models provide a connection with real history, so why not.

Also, with direction center skill you CAN launch eight float planes over a game.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,961 posts
13,451 battles
2 hours ago, Genie_of_the_Lamp said:

But in this case, does it really hurt tho? Premium spotter plane is run primarily for the shorter cd and nothing else. Even if you "only" had 4 or 5 planes available you will rarely, if ever deplete them all within a single match.

Let historical aspects be historical when they don't have an impact on game mechanics.

• Cool 1

Players
75 posts
23,168 battles
2 minutes ago, jss78 said:

Basically the answer is we need to condense naval warfare to a 15 minute engagement in a relatively small area.

But the accurate ship models provide a connection with real history, so why not.

Also, with direction center skill you CAN launch eight float planes over a game.

sure...in a CV

Sign in to follow this