Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Combat_Hamster

In praise of the Reliant 3-Wheeler

3 comments in this topic

Players
393 posts
16,563 battles

In the UK  you could drive one of these sexy beasts on a  full motorcycle  license.  I had  two in the  very  early 80s,  a Supervan 2  and  a  Supervan 3 Turbo ( yes, that was the model designation ).  The only  difference was the Supervan 3  had a  700cc engine instead  of a  600cc, and wheel trims.  They also  did  a  Supervan 3  Safari,  which was exactly the same but it had an extra interior  light.  It also had a  wooden dashboard,  well not actually wood,  not even  plastic wood,  but wood effect wallpaper,  so that when you had  the driver's window down in the rain,  it would peel off.  My  friend had a  particularly fat  girlfriend,  who had to sit in the middle  behind  the front seats otherwise it would try to roll over.  I did  find  a  GTA  mod  where  you can  drive  a  Reliant  Robin.

Enjoy

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
526 posts
5,294 battles

I drove one once. For some reason it reminded me of the Lotus Elan Sprint I also drove once.

In both cars, you sat straight legged on the floor in a fiberglass tub. But the Lotus had the correct number of wheels, went faster and could drive round bends without falling over.

Players
756 posts
11,837 battles

Ah, yes, very iconic for the Britons indeed. I think I've seen two of them somewhere in the various British "settlements" in Costa del Sol, although it could be the same twice. It was long ago, though.

Among the Spanish classics, so to say, are the SEAT 600 (license-built Fiat 600) and the French designed SIMCA 1000. Both had quite their success during the economic boom in the '60s and '70s, and the latter even got a bit of fame again in the '80s from the pop hit Qué difícil es hacer el amor en un SIMCA 1000 ("It's hard to make love in a SIMCA 1000"). Another classic, also from licensing, is the original Land Rover Santana series. Some of them, mainly former Guardia Civil vehicles which is noticeable by the doors and bonnet painted in dark green, can be still seen in many towns in southern Spain.

Salute.

Sign in to follow this