You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Suggestion: Allow divisions in future ranked seasons

11 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
531 posts
2,445 battles

Just wanted to make a quick thread since i realised that if i want any traction, i better do it long before the next rank season announcement, anyhow here goes:

I would love it if we were able to play all future ranked seasons in divs of two, just like these little ranked sprint seasons. I only play this game in divisions with friends, because quite frankly, any game is 10x more fun when playing with a friend, this is why i have never played ranked before this mini-season where divisions were allowed. Anyways, both me and my friend thought it was quite fun to play ranked together, but we didnt really bother with getting to rank one, as the rewards were very meh, and not really worth shooting for, especially since it forced us to play tier 5.

Anyhow, we would be very interested if the next "proper" ranked season allowed for divisions of two, and im sure we are not the only ones who much prefer playing this game together with a friend :Smile_coin:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,246 posts
7,260 battles
3 hours ago, thiextar said:

Just wanted to make a quick thread since i realised that if i want any traction, i better do it long before the next rank season announcement, anyhow here goes:

I would love it if we were able to play all future ranked seasons in divs of two, just like these little ranked sprint seasons. I only play this game in divisions with friends, because quite frankly, any game is 10x more fun when playing with a friend, this is why i have never played ranked before this mini-season where divisions were allowed. Anyways, both me and my friend thought it was quite fun to play ranked together, but we didnt really bother with getting to rank one, as the rewards were very meh, and not really worth shooting for, especially since it forced us to play tier 5.

Anyhow, we would be very interested if the next "proper" ranked season allowed for divisions of two, and im sure we are not the only ones who much prefer playing this game together with a friend :Smile_coin:

Nothing wrong with wanting to play the game together with awesome people, but I am not sure ranked is the right place for that.

Since you haven't been into this madness before let's say it's not as fun as the ranked sprint may suggest. Also in a rather hardcore "free for all" gamemode like this there is a reason why divisions weren't allowed before, they would be too powerful.

But who knows WG is indeed testing this with the Sprint seasons and we may see something like that.

I just hope they change more than playernumbers and divisionoption because I don't see it work in the recent (non sprint) setting.

Otherwise there is always CB, operations and randoms which you can take your division into. :Smile_izmena:

[UNICS]
Players
2,853 posts
11,812 battles
3 hours ago, thiextar said:

..but only for nice rewards? ..or would you settle for Ranked sprint in higher tiers and 'meh' rewards?

Anyway.. I think Ranked Sprint was a nice addition, but no, the Proper Ranked should remain non-div. It's a no brainer imo.

[-AP-]
Players
531 posts
2,445 battles
16 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

..but only for nice rewards? ..or would you settle for Ranked sprint in higher tiers and 'meh' rewards?

Anyway.. I think Ranked Sprint was a nice addition, but no, the Proper Ranked should remain non-div. It's a no brainer imo.

Well, the only appeal i see to ranked over random battles, is rewards, and something to play for that makes the outcome of the battles more serious and actually mattering. Didnt get that feeling with ranked sprint as the rewards were basically non-existent.

And yeah, i know why divs have been excluded so far, but seeing as the enemy team will always get divs to match, im not sure it would change the overall winrate that much(Our improved winrate as a div is countered by the enemies div) Although i do see the possible abuse by divs of unicums.

I dunno, i just cant be bothered to play ranked currently because i have to do it alone, id much rather play anything else with a friend, but at the same time, i am interested in that kind of tense battle where the outcome really matters, and also of course nice rewards. I just cant be bothered to play any game on my own in the last 3 years or so.

And to stop divs dominating completely, there could be some little mechanic which gives them a slight disadvantage, maybe something like "If you are in a div, you cant save a star by coming top in a loss" Im sure tis possible to work something out

[H_FAN]
Players
1,900 posts
21,556 battles

Absolutely not, ranked is a solo achievement and should remain so. I did not like it at all in ranked sprint, played solo both seasons.

It is the idea behind ranked that it is you that should reach R1 or whatever your goal is. It does not matter if is mirrored in the other team. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,192 posts
5,586 battles

Got a survey today when i logged into the game.

Was about Sprint. And the question was in there also^^

Voted yes because why not :Smile-_tongue:

[_OPC_]
Players
330 posts
11,005 battles

Sure 7 players division and premium rounds, premium accuracy ... idtios

the best ranked by WG was 6v6 at tier 5 if you ask me there should be 5 vs 5 so one human being can win a game alone