Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BeauNidl3

Charleston - How can more veteran players get it?

57 comments in this topic

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts

As per the title, how can people get this ship on experienced accounts?

I've always enjoyed the St Louis and having a Premium version of it so that I don't have to dedicate a Captain would be very nice. It's only Tier 3 so it would be a cheapo in the shop which I'd happily throw a couple of quid at for the fun value.

@MrConway is there any chance that this ship will become available for the wider player base? 

• Cool 1

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,950 posts
6,915 battles

Maybe they'll put it in Armada Bundle :Smile_trollface:

From last year:

Spoiler

ArmadaBundleSort.thumb.png.196431a8c80c0c9d2dc46ba230b6de6d.png

Great for collectors :Smile_trollface:

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,961 posts

Quite obvious I think...

WG will try their utmost best to lure in new players with free ships (Diana, Texas, Ishizushi,...), re-kindle the enthusiasm of those who already quit with even more free ships (Prinz Eugen, Guilio Cesare, Ishizushi,...). Those who are already "on the hook" don't need attention or catering, and can (and have to) use the good old CreditCard Mk.I to get additional content... Or grind their backsides off in long-duration short-sequential marathons with sometimes absurd requirements (11 British Torpedo hits back before the DD's were a thing anyone? Or 20 T8+ Russian ship frags?)

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,161 posts
2,300 battles

@BeauNidl3 would not surprise me if we are asked to complete some ridiculous grindy mission chain similar to the one announced to get Dreadnought through December, in order to get Charleston 

[PUPSI]
Players
6,147 posts
Vor 1 Minute, MoveZig sagte:

I thought it was going to be a daily login reward?

for new players

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,213 posts
971 battles
1 hour ago, Klopirat said:

for new players

Exactly, right now she is available as a reward for new players only, but we will make her available for everyone in future as well. I cannot disclose when and how exactly just yet.

No need to worry, she won't stay exclusive. Stay tuned for more information.

Next up is the Dreadnought being available via missions in-game. ;)

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
1,865 posts
5,310 battles

In the meantime, does one get extra Filthy Seal-Clubber Points for sinking one...?

:Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
822 posts
6,969 battles

Speaking for all old players with 19pt IFHE Cleveland/Worcester captains and questionable ethics -- we urgently need the Charleston.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 13

[DC-DK]
Players
1,960 posts
22,878 battles
5 minutes ago, jss78 said:

Speaking for all old players with 19pt IFHE Cleveland/Worcester captains and questionable ethics -- we urgently need the Charleston.

What do you mean?? Everyone with respect for him self has a 19 point commander on his st.Louis.....

• Cool 4

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,213 posts
971 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

In the meantime, does one get extra Filthy Seal-Clubber Points for sinking one...?

:Smile-_tongue:

No ;( Leave the cute little seals alone! They will eventually reach the rough high seas!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
2,872 posts
10,376 battles
Just now, Sehales said:

No ;( Leave the cute little seals alone! They will eventually reach the rough high seas!

Message unclear, seals already in the club.

Spoiler

I+love+baby+seals+so+much+_bbf3df5fdf9bb

• Funny 4

[IRON7]
Players
335 posts
245 battles
1 hour ago, Sehales said:

right now she is available as a reward for new players only

I'm not sure this is even true as I'm a new player here in EU (or was a month or so ago) & I didn't get/haven't gotten a free T3 Charleston.

46 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

has a 19 point commander on his st.Louis

I don't run a 19 pter on my StL not even in NA (tho the dedicated Cpt may eventually get there, lol)

41 minutes ago, Sehales said:

Leave the cute little seals alone! They will eventually reach the rough high seas!

rofl, as if they will ever be left alone, rofl - not when there's few seals & many clubbers

you do realize, Sehales, that WoWS is making the same mistake as WoT - screwing up a class type big time - can we spell 'CV' or 'arty'?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,213 posts
971 battles
10 minutes ago, antean said:

I'm not sure this is even true as I'm a new player here in EU (or was a month or so ago) & I didn't get/haven't gotten a free T3 Charleston.

It was introduced with the last major update https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0710-halloween/#supply

So you probably just missed it by a few weeks, but don't worry, there is a whole lot of stuff to complete, unlock, research and to do in general.

The ship is simply a premium St.Louis and just like for the veteran players, it will be made available to you via some means in future as well. Just stay stuned for further announcements. ;)

Quote from the article:

This type of Daily Shipment will only be available to players that reach Account Level 2 in their Service Record after the point that Daily Shipments hit the live servers. If you are already at Level 2 or higher when Daily Shipments are launched, you will have no access to this type of Daily Shipment.

10 minutes ago, antean said:

I don't run a 19 pter on my StL not even in NA (tho the dedicated Cpt may eventually get there, lol)

rofl, as if they will ever be left alone, rofl - not when there's few seals & many clubbers

you do realize, Sehales, that WoWS is making the same mistake as WoT - screwing up a class type big time - can we spell 'CV' or 'arty'?

CVs are not in a great state and we are currently reworking CVs, but I won't agree or disagree. (I actually like arty in WoT as is.... *runs away*).

Anyway, that is not the topic here. Feel free to create a new thread or join the existing ones for the many topics there are to discuss.

• Cool 1

Players
850 posts
6,936 battles

I'm only interested in the ship if it comes equipped with Gramophone Mk II consumable and plays its theme tune on demand, distracting your enemies with the power of the Earworm. 

:cap_horn::cat_cool::crab:

Players
984 posts
8,151 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, hgbn_dk sagte:

What do you mean?? Everyone with respect for him self has a 19 point commander on his st.Louis.....

While those lacking self respect put theirs on their Nicholas for Ranked Sprint.

[DC-DK]
Players
1,960 posts
22,878 battles
Just now, Nautical_Metaphor said:

While those acking self respect put theirs on their Nicholas for Ranked Sprint.

Absolutely I moved my Yamato 19 point commander to Kongo as well.. Just for the record my St.Louis skipper is a 10 pointer and my comment was meant as a joke

[SM0KE]
Players
1,865 posts
5,310 battles
34 minutes ago, Sehales said:

(I actually like arty in WoT as is.... *runs away*)

+1

On the matter in hand, I rather feel like a twitcher that has heard news of some obscure Lesser Pied Throat Warbler being sighted in a Surrey hedgerow, and is struggling to contain the urge to rush out of work to try and spot the thing...

It must be the snow - it's clearly frozen my cerebrum.

[IRON7]
Players
335 posts
245 battles

I applaud WoWS for offering new players a free Charleston even tho they will encounter the StL if they grind the US Cruiser tech tree line (& most probably will).

Since I have the StL & intend it as a 'keeper' I won't be interested in earning another T3 Cruiser even if it will be free thru some mission or other.

To my mind, WG should just sell it in premium shop for some amount of Doubloons for those who really have to have it.

Players
340 posts
3,889 battles
12 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Quite obvious I think...

WG will try their utmost best to lure in new players with free ships (Diana, Texas, Ishizushi,...), re-kindle the enthusiasm of those who already quit with even more free ships (Prinz Eugen, Guilio Cesare, Ishizushi,...). Those who are already "on the hook" don't need attention or catering, and can (and have to) use the good old CreditCard Mk.I to get additional content... Or grind their backsides off in long-duration short-sequential marathons with sometimes absurd requirements (11 British Torpedo hits back before the DD's were a thing anyone? Or 20 T8+ Russian ship frags?)

didn't know Ben Shaprio was the guitarist for Lee Fields lolol

Beta Tester
1,360 posts

Good god what is up with Charleston's blue paint? Where is my Great White Fleet skin?

9 hours ago, jss78 said:

Lotta good IFHE will do you at tier 3... I have a dedicated St. Louis captain with BoS and FP for the "there's fire everywhere and I have no heal" meta at low tiers.

Beta Tester
542 posts
3,413 battles

Why do people want to grind for a t3 premium BB we already got in the silver tech tree called the: Bellopheron?

Sign in to follow this