Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NothingButTheRain

Bourgogne 88k steel

21 comments in this topic

Players
2,239 posts
6,232 battles

Yes this was clickbait to grab your attention. My apologies for that, it's not how I usually do things but I had something I wanted to say.

But one complaint I heard a lot was that these nice ships need to be steel so people playing clan battles and ranked have something to grind for.

And this way they have something to grind for for a longer while, so they don't need as many Stalingrad-like OP ships in the future.

Putting the most fun (and OP!) ships behind a steel wall is kinda lame. Thank you for your time, and have a nice day.

EDIT:

My point is that some people wanted this ship to be for steel only, so they had something to grind for.

But in short time, they will want another (OP?) steel ship as they need something new to grind for as they bought all steel ships available already.

They will also lock certain ships out for other players who prefer to have these ships as well, but simply can't obtain it.

Also, where's the ships that can be gotten by grinding only scenarios instead of only clan battles or ranked? Those are the FXP ships but ranked players can get these as well.

Players playing ranked battles or clan battles would feel left out, right?

So just make it cost an obscene amount of steel so they have something to grind for. Why not?

And yes, I know it's a ridiculous suggestion, it's supposed to be.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[DSW]
Players
3,717 posts
7,542 battles

...I thought you had something to say? I fail to see any point in there, especially one that hasnt been made a million times already or wouldn't have fit into the dozen existing threads?

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
3,220 posts
5,615 battles

On a positive note, atleast right now we can choose which ship we want to get for steel - unlike before where it was first Flint and later Black (and only by reaching R1).

Imagine if we would have still the same rules and you would need to get to R1 like 10 times to get Bourgogne. :cap_old:

• Cool 1

Players
2,239 posts
6,232 battles
6 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

...I thought you had something to say? I fail to see any point in there, especially one that hasnt been made a million times already or wouldn't have fit into the dozen existing threads?

Fair enough.

My point is that some people wanted this ship to be for steel only, so they had something to grind for.

But in short time, they will want another (OP?) steel ship as they need something new to grind for as they bought all steel ships available already.

They will also lock certain ships out for other players who prefer to have these ships as well, but simply can't obtain it.

Also, where's the ships that can be gotten by grinding scenarios instead of ranked? Those are the FXP ships but ranked players can get these as well.

So just make it cost an obscene amount of steel so they have something to grind for. Why not?

I edited the OP.

• Cool 2

Players
2,239 posts
6,232 battles
9 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

On a positive note, atleast right now we can choose which ship we want to get for steel - unlike before where it was first Flint and later Black (and only by reaching R1).

Imagine if we would have still the same rules and you would need to get to R1 like 10 times to get Bourgogne. :cap_old:

True, people would not like that. But then again, it would give them something to grind for. And isn't ranked and clan battles good enough rewarded without these steel ships?

Would people still want Bourgogne if it was switched with JB and JB was the steel ship instead and Bourgogne was the coal ship?

Would JB be worth it?

And where's the PvE ships? Wouldn't that be nice to have in this game?

A reward ship that's OP and fit for operations, but can only be gotten if you have 100 Natural Selections or other PvE-only rewards?

[NWP]
Players
3,220 posts
5,615 battles
4 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Fair enough.

Maybe we can expect Bourgogne to cost 30-35k Steel (would be my guess because BB > Cruiser pricetag)

so thats like 4 seasons ranked/CB i guess?

• Cool 1

Players
2,239 posts
6,232 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Maybe we can expect Bourgogne to cost 30-35k Steel (would be my guess because BB > Cruiser pricetag)

so thats like 4 seasons ranked/CB i guess?

I don't really know.

I play few ranked battles, it's usually too time consuming as I have so much other things to do (which also happen to be more fun as well). I'd rather be a supertester and I didn't even send in a respons for supertested due to me simply not having the extra time for that.

And I find ranked very frustrating. Clan battles less so, but one needs to get enough people together at the right time.

Btw, my total amount of steel is quite pitiful :Smile_hiding:

Players
3,114 posts
5,450 battles
2 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I think you still beat me :fish_cute_2:

[NWP]
Players
3,220 posts
5,615 battles
Just now, NothingButTheRain said:

I don't really know.

I play few ranked battles, it's usually too time consuming as I have so much other things to do (which also happen to be more fun as well). I'd rather be a supertester and I didn't even send in a respons for supertested due to me simply not having the extra time for that.

And I find ranked very frustrating. Clan battles less so, but one needs to get enough people together at the right time.

I know :cap_old:

My plan was to get to R8 last season (just didnt work, i played ~20 games on R9  losing like 2/3 of them) then i said its enough.

Got a steel SC at some point and i have 4k~ (i think) right now. So i hope i can atleast get 1 Steelship within the next 2 ranked seasons...

CBs doesnt really work, since we dont have enough ppl (+ all but Forlornsailor and me are inactive right now :Smile_sceptic:)

And lets face it: All good players have a clan or dont want one. Would need to take new players (who can be good ofc) but need to get them to T10 and hope they dont stop playing (which already happened :fish_sleep:)

• Cool 1

Players
2,239 posts
6,232 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I know :cap_old:

My plan was to get to R8 last season (just didnt work, i played ~20 games on R9  losing like 2/3 of them) then i said its enough.

Got a steel SC at some point and i have 4k~ (i think) right now. So i hope i can atleast get 1 Steelship within the next 2 ranked seasons...

CBs doesnt really work, since we dont have enough ppl (+ all but Forlornsailor and me are inactive right now :Smile_sceptic:)

And lets face it: All good players have a clan or dont want one. Would need to take new players (who can be good ofc) but need to get them to T10 and hope they dont stop playing (which already happened :fish_sleep:)

My clan plays clan battles regularly.

I mostly didn't participate as much as I'd hoped due to some...unfavorable developments I've had in the private realm, and stuff.

Spoiler

Perhaps you should find...some other clan?

You know, with active clan members and with people you've already teamed up with before? :cap_like:

(wink wink)

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
3,445 posts
4,633 battles

The only reason why I'd want this ship for steel would be because no other steel option interests me that much. If Bourgogne isn't steel, only steel ship I'd actually buy would be Flint. Black with its torps sounds too bothersome and to me, WG can shove Stalingrad up where the sun doesn't shine.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,134 posts
14,600 battles

Jean bart ... 100k~ coal + 4000 steal ??? nah... i will wait impatiently to get the last 70k coal . but i have to admit i'm tempted a little .

1 minute ago, Riselotte said:

Black with its torps 

Thats what im going to get next + ultimate crocodile camo .. atm expanding my t9 premium fleet quite well :D

Players
2,239 posts
6,232 battles
11 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

The only reason why I'd want this ship for steel would be because no other steel option interests me that much. If Bourgogne isn't steel, only steel ship I'd actually buy would be Flint. Black with its torps sounds too bothersome and to me, WG can shove Stalingrad up where the sun doesn't shine.

The special thing about black is its radar, it's tier 9 premium DD making it unique, its radar being a stealth radaring one, it can stealth radar from smoke and its a cool name :Smile-_tongue:

And it has access to a permacamo with 150% XP, and 150% CXP and 150% FXP! Pretty awesome and it's behind a steel wall as well.

The torps are really a minor drawback imo compared to the speciality of this ship.

[L4GG]
Players
1,436 posts
5,781 battles
33 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I don't really know.

But you don't need to play ranks and whatnot to get a Stalingrad... kinda.

You have Gneisenau/Scharnhorst (at least that i know of, there may be more ships).

it's like a poor man Stalingrad.

It served me well in UF (hard [edited]mode) in the past.

And you don't need to consume time that you don't want to consume.

And it's a cruiser not a BB in top of that, just like Stalingrad :Smile_hiding:

p.s.- I just got the charles martel... 39 knots, awesome, i don't need that russian dd anymore and it's just like the Bourgogne, if you forget everything but the speed :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[XODUS]
Players
730 posts
3,945 battles

Personally part of me would like to see Gremy, Nikoli, Belfast & Kutuzov for sale in the arsenal for steel.

yes these ships are overpowered but putting them behind steel gives people more options on what they can get for Steel, it also increases the amount of potential rewards for Clan Wars and Ranked. 
with Two Tier 10's
1 Tier 9 (Black)
1 Tier 8 (Kutuzov)
2 Tier 7's (Flint & Belfast)
(Someone Make HMS Rodney as a T6 Overpowered Premium :P)
1 Tier 5, Gremy
1 Tier 4, Nikoli

I know it is unlikely but it is an easy way for Wargaming to expand the use for Steel and actually give players a choice, either a really long grind, or a shorter grind for a lesser tier ship. 

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
3,445 posts
4,633 battles
4 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

The special thing about black is its radar, it's tier 9 premium DD making it unique, its radar being a stealth radaring one, it can stealth radar from smoke and its a cool name :Smile-_tongue:

And it has access to a permacamo with 150% XP, and 150% CXP and 150% FXP! Pretty awesome and it's behind a steel wall as well.

The torps are really a minor drawback imo compared to the speciality of this ship.

Thing is, that makes Black a DD killer. But even then, the crap torps make it much harder to use against BB or cruisers compared to a normal Fletcher. Just for economics, I'd much rather spend it on Flint, with its camo, which has better MM, is overall more useful and versatile.

[AS13]
Players
1,492 posts
1,770 battles
4 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Maybe when they introduce submarines they should make them available for steel.

Or lots and lots of coal. 

[NWP]
Players
3,220 posts
5,615 battles
8 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Perhaps you should find...some other clan?

You know, with active clan members and with people you've already teamed up with before? :cap_like:

(wink wink)

Im clan Leader :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this