Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Woute63

[Bug] Stuck in division

38 comments in this topic

[BRAMS]
Players
6 posts
1,861 battles

Hello,

Me and 2 other clan mates are apparently in a battle for 22h and counting now, we are all 3 in division, we can't leave it, we can't div up again with anyone.  

Restarting the game/computer, deleting preferences.yml file or even restarting the game didn't do anything. I see this is quite a reocurring issue for now 4 years, maybe it would be time to put a failsafe on this ? Something like "if the players leave the game for 30 minute or more, remove them from division" or "if they are in the same battle for the last 4 days maybe we should look into it".  

Opened up a ticket but yeah, I literally can't play with anyone until it's fixed and so are my mates...

Players
3,692 posts
7,518 battles

there's gotta be a "Forever Alone" joke hidden somewhere around here... :Smile-_tongue:

never heard of that particular bug before...

• Funny 2

Players
3,058 posts
5,373 battles

I had the exact same thing once before. Support couldnt / didnt help me, only pointing at my end (yea right). Nothing will help. Its server side. My problem fixed itself after 2 or 3 days so good luck waiting...

[BRAMS]
Players
51 posts
9,501 battles

Hope it's fixed before clan battles start.... 3 clan members are stuck.
So this can't be client side! must be server side WG please reboot the hamsters and show us that russian magic :Smile_popcorn:

[BRAMS]
Players
63 posts
8,669 battles

I'm one of the guys stuck in the division with OP, just waiting for their tech support to answer my ticket and hoping that they can fix this issue nowadays. I will, however, say that them being unable to fix it / pretending like it's not on their end isn't really acceptable, particularly when I've been able to find people making threads about this issue from 2 years ago. "Nothing we can do, wait for next server reset" is not an acceptable answer, especially in a game that has clan battle seasons - what if this happens during a season? 3 members unable to participate can really hurt a clan's ability to compete.

Would it be feasible to add some kind of a fail safe against this? Perhaps a system where divisions are automatically dissolved after not being in a battle for say, an hour? And then make a hard cap of a division always dissolving after 12 hours no matter what?

Another possiblity, allow us to hop between divisions without leaving the original one first - if joining another division automatically dissolved the current one, it might be a workaround.

[NED]
Players
4,073 posts
11,110 battles

That bug has been here before. IIRC about 1,5 year ago. It should be over with the server restart. I'm surprised it has seem to be surfaced up again.

[OGHF]
Players
543 posts
10,369 battles
12 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

That bug has been here before. IIRC about 1,5 year ago. It should be over with the server restart. I'm surprised it has seem to be surfaced up again.

Same thing happened to me last year.

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,303 posts
3,858 battles

Maybe let the game run in background until you are auto lock out.

This should get you out of division, but it can take some time until you will be locked out.

[BRAMS]
Players
51 posts
9,501 battles
7 minutes ago, Arakus said:

Maybe let the game run in background until you are auto lock out.

This should get you out of division, but it can take some time until you will be locked out.

this is since last evening they were all offline and logged back in this morning  and so on being stuck in that same division. the auto logout wont fix this.

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,303 posts
3,858 battles
40 minutes ago, Admiral_Nightingale said:

this is since last evening they were all offline and logged back in this morning  and so on being stuck in that same division. the auto logout wont fix this.

I didn't say when you go offline, you must be forced offline as to long afk, then you also should been thrown out of division.

When you go offline the problem still exist when you log in again.

[BRAMS]
Players
6 posts
1,861 battles

I got an answer from the support. 

Brace yourselves, the answer was

"You should try to turn off your second screen while you play."

A W E S O M E

• Funny 2

[BRAMS]
Players
51 posts
9,501 battles
3 minutes ago, Woute63 said:

I got an answer from the support. 

Brace yourselves, the answer was

"You should try to turn off your second screen while you play."

A W E S O M E

:Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm: i blame Hentai and LSD these GM's are SPECHUL!!! :Smile-_tongue::Smile-_tongue::Smile-_tongue:

[BRAMS]
Players
63 posts
8,669 battles

Good morning WG! How are you on this beautiful day? If you're wondering how I'm doing, the answer is..

..still stuck in that ****ing division.

[_XII_]
Players
310 posts
2,458 battles

Just wondering. Teamkill wouldn't help? 

What would happen if one of you killed another of your division in COOP? Or even go  orange, beyond pink. Then you can't play random. Would that solve things? 

To be clear I don't know. 

[BRAMS]
Players
63 posts
8,669 battles

I don't really see how that would help... and we can't even get games together, anyway. See, the game just reports us as being in division so we can't actually div up with anyone - but we're not actually in a division, and we can only each play solo (short of trying to sync drop, ofc).

Worst part is, the glue eaters are out there in force and the game is pretty much unplayable without being able to div.

• Cool 1

[BRAMS]
Players
63 posts
8,669 battles

They probably haven't bothered to develop ways to fix it short of restarting a server, so they have their support waste our time with "suggestions" that can't work above until we just get tired and wait it out till the next server restart.

It's completely unacceptable that this issue that's been going on for years, and prevents people from teaming up in a team based pvp game, doesn't have some kind of a failsafe or workaround. The game just happily ignores the fact I've been in the same division and battle for 72 hours, what could be wrong. Meanwhile the game is completely unplayable solo thanks to the glue eaters wg mm provides me with. 4 min in, half my team dead. "MM is fine, doing anything about it would make q times longer". No it wouldn't. Not if you just divide players more evenly from the same pool. 5 times in a row enemy gets decent dd's while I get all red stat ones that instantly die, and ofc the garbage Midway that doesn't know what the alt key does always finds it's way on my team vs a hurrican league, unicum one.

So now I can deal with all this solo while WG does nothing. Great.

• Cool 1

[BRAMS]
Players
6 posts
1,861 battles

Issue has been "solved".  

They transferred the ticket to a technician, technician finally admitted the issue is on their side and not mine (so that's already one day of back and forth on the ticket asking me to run checks / uninstall all mods / delete preferences / shut down second monitor wasted).  

They said "we'll have a fix next patch, until then wait for server restart next week".
So basically stuck playing solo for one whole week and no clan battles for us this weekend. (or any div play, awesome)

I've re-opened the ticket to discuss compensations because this is simply unacceptable.

[BRAMS]
Players
51 posts
9,501 battles

This is unacceptable. people will lose the chance to earn steel and coal The Clan is suffering from this. 

Denying any form of team interaction in a team based game.

We are just burning premium time for nothing!!! maybe start thinking about a daily downtime to unfuck a bug that exist since the creation of this game. and still has no work around. what a bunch of amateurs

instead of pumping out  a trillion premium ships an shitty maps maybe fix issues of this calibre. Not to speak of the Match Maker

Not a personal attack to Crysantos or MrConway but in general the only two that listen to the playerbase. how hard is it to restart the server before the weekend really hits instead forcing people to get stuck for 8 days. because that's the answer from the WG SPECHULISTS....:Smile_izmena:

@MrConway  @Crysantos

[BRAMS]
Players
6 posts
1,861 battles

Apparently the support can't make or discuss compensations, developers will decide if a compensation is warranteed at their discretion. If there is none I'll riot.

[EXS]
Players
2 posts
3,040 battles

Hey guys,

same problem for and a few mates, we still stuck in different divisions and cant play together.

Few minutes ago i received a message from the support team: the problem is well known and they still working to resolve this issue. they said the bug will be fixed in the next update in the next week.

looks like we have to wait..

greets jane

• Cool 1

[BRAMS]
Players
51 posts
9,501 battles
4 minutes ago, JaneSaw said:

Hey guys,

same problem for and a few mates, we still stuck in different divisions and cant play together.

Few minutes ago i received a message from the support team: the problem is well known and they still working to resolve this issue. they said the bug will be fixed in the next update in the next week.

greets jane

problem has been around for years they dont have a bugfix with a patch they just say go [edited]yourself for a week till restart

[BRAMS]
Players
63 posts
8,669 battles

I mean, I really hope they have an actual fix and it isn't just "servers will reset in a week, problem will go away for you then, let's hope you don't get it again". However.. it's been around as long as the game, they haven't fixed it, and just as I get it and complain to support, they say they have a patch ready next week? That's quite a coincidence. But let's hope it's actually getting fixed.

• Funny 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,014 posts
2,167 battles
On 11/16/2018 at 12:41 PM, ForlornSailor said:

Cant someone help them? @MrConway @Crysantos

On 11/16/2018 at 7:56 PM, JaneSaw said:

Hey guys,

greets jane

My sincere apoligies, especially on a weekend this is terrible.

Please PM me the names of the players you know are affected and I will see what can be done to make up for the inconvenience.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this