You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

What is your most frustrating "Premium" ship?

72 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,928 posts
8,294 battles

Hi all,

What is your most frustrating "Premium" ship?

For me it is definitively the "Hood"... when I fire main battery guns each shell behaves like it has mind of its own and hitting targets is so frustrating... :Smile-angry:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles

This may rustle some jimmies, but for me it is the Warspite. Too slow in every regard apart from rudder shift. You pretty much commit to one side of the map from the get go and either win it or die. And if the other side messes up you will get there as the last man standing or just chase damage you won't deal. 

[BOATY]
Players
484 posts
7,974 battles

It's Indianapolis for me. I do better in silver CA/CLs... Will not even compare it with Payfast. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[AMAT]
Beta Tester
116 posts
4,702 battles

For me Tirpitz.Worst despersion of its main guns , uneffective aa suit even aa build and she has no resist to fire. Every he shell couse fire even with fire prevent skill.

• Cool 2

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,146 posts
3,979 battles

Jean Bart, I suck in it so much it's not even funny. And I loved the Richelieu so much :(

[NWP]
Players
1,690 posts
11,735 battles
57 minutes ago, Redfoxrommy said:

For me Tirpitz.Worst despersion of its main guns , uneffective aa suit even aa build and she has no resist to fire. Every he shell couse fire even with fire prevent skill.

This one, the only premium I wish I'd never spent money on. It just doens't work for me.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,244 posts
5,988 battles

I'd say indianapolis and duke of york. One's a floating citadel and the other a floating sack of potatoes. But I guess they're okay considering they were free.

Weekend Tester
833 posts
4,441 battles

Graf Zeppelin, because i didn't buy it in that stupid narrow window it was in, god f:etc_swear: :etc_swear:

Nah i'm just joking None of them are really that annoying for me. But the Prinz Eugen has always.... irritated me..

It has always been a Admiral Hipper and that was just irritating me. But now its a better Hipper and there is no reason to play the Hipper anymore? What?

This entire relationship is extremely annoying for me :Smile-angry:

Weekend Tester
833 posts
4,441 battles
1 hour ago, Redfoxrommy said:

21 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

This one, the only premium I wish I'd never spent money on. It just doens't work for me.

I don't want to be rude or anything guys, but i just find it funny when people "complain" about the dispersion on German BBs  :Smile_smile:

• Bad 2

[KG_CZ]
[KG_CZ]
Beta Tester
91 posts
7,424 battles

I would say Gallant and Aigle...I am not very good with DDs and those two are really difficult to play for me. I tried them few times, but did not touched them ever since...unless needed for missions. 

[NWP]
Players
1,690 posts
11,735 battles
2 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

I dont want to be rude or anything guys, but i just find it funny when people "complain" about the dispersion on German BBs  :Smile_smile:

Are you claiming that the dispersion of a German BB isn't worse than that of it's US or IJN counterparts?

• Cool 2

Players
867 posts
6,959 battles

Of all the ones I owned (past tense) it was Atlanta. I just don't like hidey US cruisers. 

Of the ones I have now, it's Monaghan. Her torps can be devastating but you can find yourself with 90 seconds to go until they reload and only two pop guns to defend yourself with. Trading main guns for AA made sense in WW2 but not in Wows. Still, I like the quirky and challenging premiums the best and it makes the successful moments all the sweeter when they come. 

• Cool 1

[ITA_5]
Players
138 posts
4,577 battles

Leningrad

because of the position (or dimension) of the AA gun 76mm 81-K at the stern which prevents the low tower gun fire (130mm/50 B-13-IIs) because it is covered when you run away. So only 1 is active instead of 2 as all others DDs.

Weekend Tester
833 posts
4,441 battles
2 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

Are you claiming that the dispersion of a German BB isn't worse than that of it's US or IJN counterparts?

No of course not. German BB have the worst dispersion in the game, hands down. But that dispersion is part of the aggressive play style they have. 

And that's what a lot of people keep forgetting. You don't play a Tirpitz for the accuracy, you play it for the brawl and for showing do dominance. *cough* Torpedoes *cough*

Sorry for the bit of a rant, i get carried away easily :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3

Players
2,764 posts
12,490 battles

Well done, OP, an interesting subject for discussion! :Smile_honoring:

I like the vast majority of my Premium ships. However, there are three which frustrate and sadden me. These are Imperator Nikolai I, Belfast & Gremyashchy. Three ships which are so OP that Wargaming withdrew them from sale!

Yet I am mediocre in them. It's so frustrating that I can't even be one of the better players in a battle even when playing these ships.

• Cool 2

[I401]
Beta Tester
933 posts
7,693 battles

Saipan.

Its one of the most overpowered premium ships BUT OH MY GOD ITS SO DAMN BORING TO PLAY. I'd rather kick a piece of wall 20 minutes long.

• Cool 1

[_XII_]
Players
318 posts
2,470 battles

Asashio. The fact I can't torp a radar ship, or cruisers in general, is in some games very frustrating. In some games you can't do nothing because of a line of cruiser ships between me and the enemy BBs.

I would that this cruiser had the normal deep water torps (but with extra reach of course). Also 20km isn't very  effective. I have the faster 16km torps.

• Cool 1

[ITA_5]
Players
138 posts
4,577 battles
17 minuti fa, Admiral_H_Nelson ha scritto:

(...) However, there are three which frustrate and sadden me. These are Imperator Nikolai I, Belfast & Gremyashchy. Three ships which are so OP that Wargaming withdrew them from sale!

Yet I am mediocre in them. It's so frustrating that I can't even be one of the better players in a battle even when playing these ships. 

Hummm... Admiral_H_Nelson... maybe we can ask WG to transfer to me these two Russian ships (Imperator Nikolai I and Gremyashchy), obviously paying you in doubloons ...LOL!!! :Smile_veryhappy:

[DSW]
Players
3,715 posts
7,542 battles
29 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

All T8s apart from DDs due to current MM

this, without the caveat.

Although to be honest, I dont get frustrated by any premium ship I own these days - I just plain don't play them, because why would I?

• Cool 1

Players
2,764 posts
12,490 battles
1 minute ago, Toxoplasmosi said:

Hummm... Admiral_H_Nelson... maybe we can ask WG to transfer to me these two Russian ships (Imperator Nikolai I and Gremyashchy), obviously paying you in doubloons ...LOL!!! :Smile_veryhappy:

If you can get Wargaming to arrange it, then go for it!:Smile_honoring:

I could do with some gold.

[POP]
Beta Tester
26 posts
5,645 battles
2 hours ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

This may rustle some jimmies, but for me it is the Warspite. Too slow in every regard apart from rudder shift. You pretty much commit to one side of the map from the get go and either win it or die. And if the other side messes up you will get there as the last man standing or just chase damage you won't deal. 

Same ship, different reasons. I like the ship, do ok in it, but have so bad winrate that the ship might aswell be cursed. PR about the same as my best tier 6 BB Normandie, but 44,9% vs 63,6% winrate.

I struggle with winrate in Murmansk too, but that ship hasn't aged well so I don't take too much pressure in improving it.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,257 posts
6,045 battles

Kii - I love this ship, but 1.7 sigma is frustrating xD

Especially as T8 against T10

[ITA_5]
Players
138 posts
4,577 battles
3 minuti fa, Admiral_H_Nelson ha scritto:

If you can get Wargaming to arrange it, then go for it!:Smile_honoring:

I could do with some gold.

Really??? DEAL!!! You are the expert (12077 battles), I am in EU server... I can open a tiket and ask.:Smile_veryhappy: