You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hulkovius_Rex

Ships you kept

91 comments in this topic

Players
13 posts
3,928 battles

Simply put, what are some of the ships you kept and play regularly even after you completed the grind towards the next ship or even finished the line? Personally I kept the Amagi, Bismarck and the Kirov. 

[BOATY]
Players
476 posts
7,918 battles

I have 81 ships in port... So I will rather not give you a list. 

I keep all premium/freemium ships. 

I keep all ships with perma camo. 

I keep all ships above t5 which I like. 

• Cool 5

Players
3,101 posts
5,421 battles

Same as @Episparh. Even more extreme, I pretty much keep all ships. I sold the Iron Duke, because I have 2 premiums on T5 that are much better and when I want to play a low tier HE BB, Ill pick Orion. Other than that... I cant remember which ship of T5 I sold?

[DC-DK]
Players
1,960 posts
22,878 battles

I have kept all my ships (266 or something in that area) and they are all being played on a regular basis.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
3,192 posts
5,586 battles

Ive played 99 different ships, and i currently have >70 in port.

Try to keep as many as possible, you never know if you want to play a specific one :cap_rambo:

Also i dont sell one on which i got a permacamo, so i got many T6 ships^^

[HAERT]
Players
1,582 posts
1,379 battles

I kept all the Brit BBs save the Lion. I also kept the Black Swan, my Grandad served on a Black Swan class, HMS Wild Goose

• Cool 1

[BONI]
Players
1,034 posts
8,904 battles

Trawler-22. Always had a soft spot for the ugly little IJN wannabe.

Chung Mu. It's why I got into the line and if that stupid YY nerf goes through, it'll be flat-out better than the t10.

Players
2,693 posts
15,067 battles
11 hours ago, Hulkovius_Rex said:

Simply put, what are some of the ships you kept and play regularly even after you completed the grind towards the next ship or even finished the line? Personally I kept the Amagi, Bismarck and the Kirov. 

as a long term player (or looking to be one)
keep every ship that doesnt totaly S***  (<15% of the ships)

youll always find a use if its a certain mission with a specific requirement  or just cause you want to play something diffrent.

if youre good and you have some high thier prems (which are widely availibve throug FXP Coal or Steel) youl have no issues with the silver
and rebuying will always be more costly  than just keeping it

• Cool 1

[WCWVE]
Players
730 posts
11,338 battles

I have kept all my ships, some I do not play regularly as I am still grinding on the following lines 

US Heavy cruiser - at T8 currently

French cruisers - at T9 currently 

German cruisers - at T9 currently 

US Aircraft carriers - at T8 currently 

British Battleships - at T9 currently 

US Light cruisers - at T9 currently 

British Cruiser - at T9 currently 

Pan Asian Destroyers - at T8 currently

German Destroyers - at T8 currently 

IJN Cruisers - at T9 currently 

IJN heavy destroyer - at T9 currently 

Russian destroyers - at T8 currently 

Russian heavy destroyers - at T8 currently 

At the moment I have 251 ships in port and with the completion of the following lines that will give me a further 19 ships saying that WG do not release any further ships whilst I am finishing the above lines 

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,308 posts
3,877 battles
8 hours ago, Hulkovius_Rex said:

Keep all ships!

[ONE2]
Players
2,352 posts
13,918 battles
9 hours ago, Hulkovius_Rex said:

Nearly all of them - Mostly IJN, as it is what interests me the most. But also have some others to provide variety. I do not bother to specifically "grind" up the tiers, as such, in order to reach the questionable bliss of Tier 10, like many do, since I am only interested in historical ships, which I usually keep and therefore mostly stop "grinding" at tier 8 or 9 simply because the following ships would be pure "paper" and therefore of no interest to me. I do make it a point to play all ships I kept.:Smile_glasses:

I play this game because I am interested in warships of WW1 & 2 and also pre-Dreadnought era (which unfortunately is not included, I will have to find another game for that I guess), however I want to stay in historical scope in terms of ships, so I will stop at the end of WW2, so that's why I also did not get Worchester or Kutuzov either. Made a slight compromise with Des Moines though, as I wanted  at least1 tier 10 Cruiser. and at the least she was laid down in 1945. :Smile_Default:

Quality Poster
3,032 posts
8,060 battles

Currently at ... 105 (or so ships in port):

- Kept all premiums/freemiums

- All ships with a perma camo

- Every ship I like starting from T3 onwards

It was a few more ships, but then WG decided to ignore the collectors club so I couldn't be bothered anymore...

[HAERT]
Players
1,582 posts
1,379 battles

Generaly I prefer to play T7, most of the iconic ww2 whips are at that tier, for the Brits anyway.

• Cool 1

[DONGS]
Players
402 posts
8,439 battles

Kept the boats I had fun in, kept some I didn't, I'm running around the 90 boat mark and to be honest I play maybe 15 of them regularly.  I have 110 million credits spare and have no need to sell anything.  :Smile_honoring:

[OP]
Beta Tester
208 posts
2,487 battles

Well... I am a bit hungry for credits due some grinds I have going on, but silver ships I would like to rebuy and keep when I have everything under control again are:
Chappy
Chung Mu
Myoko

[ONE2]
Players
2,352 posts
13,918 battles
4 minutes ago, Redfoxrommy said:

Hipper.İ buy permenent camo for her. Dont ask me why.

Because it's a bloody good ship? (for her tier, of course) :cap_like:

• Cool 2

Players
156 posts
2,509 battles

I haven't kept all my ships, but I went back and re-bought ( is that a word ? ) the USS St. Louis. For its tier, it must be just about the toughest cruiser in the game. Looks a bit 'steam-punk' too - a very enjoyable ship. :Smile_Default:

[FRDF]
Players
182 posts
2,810 battles

None, I have even sold shima so I could progress in lines without excessive grind.

If I had credits I would probably re-buy and fully upgrade NC, Clemson, Benson, Mogami, Chapayev, and if I had massive amount of credits I would buy every ship :D

Currently I think I have less than 10 ships in my port (excluding those halloween ships) FeelsPoorMan

• Funny 1

Weekend Tester
831 posts
4,434 battles

I kept all of them. Except the York. And then i re bought it for collection purposes.

I also sold the Arkansas B back in 2016 or something like that, so i can afford my Hipper. Just recently while browsing my ships stats i remembered that was a thing a restored it :Smile_veryhappy:

Players
1,411 posts
6,222 battles

Quickly just the ones that stick out and have kept in my port: No point including premium as most are just downright better.

The Donky (tier 9)

So many horror stories when it first came out and was riding the same wave before i actually got it. As soon as i got it, i loved it! Very versatile ship that can support at both short and long range, it can dish out damage and if played probably take it too.  Completely the opposite to the Pencola which also had horror stories but with that one i  hated every breath i took in it :Smile_teethhappy:

The Buddy (tier 6)

Strong for it's tier.  Tanky, good guns and great accuracy at range. 

The Des (tier 10)

The ultimate tier 10 support ship. DPM is the name of the game and it has it in droves. fantastic AA platform and good anti DD hunter with it's long duration radar. 

The Hindy (tier 10).

I will add this as it was my go-to tier 10 cruiser, but not as much now.  Used to be very versatile and still easy to play in.  Due to other tier 10 buffs it's been left in the port for a long time now which is a shame.

Tahio (tier 9)

Far better than the Essex IMHO.  Will be selling the Essex when I've finished it's ground. The Tahio ability to do multi cross drops as well as 2 fighters and bombers is very very flexible. 

The Interdependence (tier 6)

Great silver CV for it's tier.  Solid planes with a group of each.  

Republic (tier 10)

It's a cruiser in Battleships clothing and i love it for that with it's fast faring and hard hitting guna.  Moves like the swiftness of a pistol. 

The Wyoming (tier 4)

That much hitting power with that many guns? Makes short work of both cruisers and BB's. Has good AA for it's tier and solid armour.

Umi (tier 2)

Not a DD player but always have loads of fun in this.  Fast Torp fest against lets be honest, seals bless them. I would say seal clubbing if i wasn't as crap in DD's in general :Smile_teethhappy: 

Honorable mention to the HIPPER.  Not brought it back yet but i enjoyed it.  It was IMHO the most average ship i ever sailed.  But those guns at tier 8 and it's versatility was great.  One of my most fun games was in a Hipper with Planes swarming around me whilst i was knocking them for 6.  Torping a BB whilst firing at a DD at same time...marvellous game.

[NWP]
Players
1,682 posts
11,708 battles

Ognevoi and Cleveland. Though I'm grinding a lot so I barely return to them.

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
634 posts
6,290 battles

48 ships in port. not counting premiums, tier 10 or tier 8 ( for cbs/tournaments and such)

i kept:

-lyon for the trolls 16 shells salvo

-kirov because you citadel every cruiser you encounter at any range, and doubles down perfectly as my kronstad captain

-queen Elizabeth ( sold recently cause warspite arrived in port with sovereigns), for the accurate and "overpen anything" guns

-ryjuo for sealclubbing teaching new cv players how to cv

-V25 for the reason above, but with dds ( 14 points captain)

-lexington for those rare cases in which you get in a tier 7 match and start one-shotting bbs at will

-jervis because i fell in love with her

Players
421 posts
4,209 battles

Personally, I don't like ship clutter, so by default I will sell a silver ship after I've finished grinding through it.

Some notable exceptions include: Mogami (love it!), Cleveland (probably more for nostalgic reasons from when it was T6, plus I have a permacamo on it), Chapayev (I esp. love it for the Cherry Blossom operation) and I'll probably be keeping the Lyon (French T7 shotgun BB - for the LoLs). Other than that, I also like to keep some strong T4s around for starting off new captains on. I'm really enjoying T4 for new captain training, because you got some decently strong ships, protected MM and it's not a huge deal if you have low skilled captain. Some ships include: Clemson, Kuma and Duguay-Trouin.

If you're not starved for credits, it's not such a big deal to re-buy a ship, so in case I feel the urge to return to some silver ship I can always get it. But as I said, I don't like to have too many ships cluttering my port - makes taking the ones I actually play out to battle a bit too cumbersome :Smile_trollface:

Players
850 posts
6,936 battles

Caledon, because of a family connection with the C Class and because I like her "big destroyer" playstyle. 

Podvoisky, because zooming around the map is fun. 

Bretagne and Normandie, because I like French BBs and these are the first proper ones. 

Fubuki, because that's my best ship. 

Honourable mentions to South Carolina, which became surprisingly good when pared with a Steven Segal captain, as well as New Orleans and Helena, which are always fun to play.