Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
despair_1

player saying he reporting me for no reason

23 comments in this topic

[PORT]
Players
8 posts
12,154 battles

November 10th 2018 - midnight GMT

Ranked Battle Sprint 2

3 dds - 1 cv - 2 cl/ca - 2 bbs

we start the battle as standard unfortunately the team did not stick together and went there own directions which as most know this is usually a recipe for a loss. me a cruiser a cv and 1 dd had gone the same direction.

within the first 5 minutes the 3 dds got themselves sunk without causing any damage only me and 1 cruiser was even able to sink anything on the enemy team but not long after both cruisers got sunk leaving just me in my bretange a guy in his konig and the cv player. at this point me and the cv had accepted the match was a loss. so naturally we turned around and went into a direction of possibly easier targets to sink further south of us however the konig decided to stay in the middle of the map were every one of the opposing team could easily get shots at him and a fair amount of them was on his broadside. he messed up but then out of the blue the konig captain comes into chat annd starts saying its my fault the team lost the battle and it was my fault he got sunk and then stated he was going to report me to wargaming. i obviously got angry with the insinuation and put him straight my exact words being " [edited]of its not my fault you dont no how to play, accept you made a mistake and learn from it but better yet do everyone a favour and uninstall the game" 

then he messages my clan commander saying that he is reporting me....

is it my fault the dds got sunk early?

is it my fault the cruisers got sunk?

is it my fault he got sunk?

my answer is no its not my fault

did i tell the other team were the dds was?

did i tell them were the cruisers had gone?

did i tell them were the konig was heading?

my answer is no i did not do any of these things

did i hide at the back of the map doing nothing?

my answer is no i was mixing it up with 2 bbs and a cruiser 

did i tell the konig captain to sail to the centre of the map were everyone can get shots at him? no i didn't 

can you hide at the back of the map and do nothing yet get 70k+damage and secure atleast one kill?

so how is it my fault the team lost and how is it my fault he got sunk?

what will happen if he does report me to wargaming  will they do nothing or will they look into it and and see that there was infact no wrong doing before his insinuting comment  and thus my responce to it? 

a responce i feel was warrented and not all that harsh given the circumstances

{edit} recently learned he said was going to report me directly to wargmming via ticket not just ingame.... but nothing has happened so far so maybe wargaming either didn't take it seriously or it was an empty threat made by the individual involved 

• Cool 1

Players
3,503 posts
7,254 battles

Nearly 12,000 games and you've just met your first :etc_swear: hole, you must be doing something right.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[-AP-]
Players
539 posts
2,470 battles

If you want any relevant opinions, post the replay, but what i can tell you with no real info is:

A dd that isnt agressively pushing caps in ranked is very harmful to the team.

There may have been any number of things that you did badly but didnt realise, seeing as you are a below-average player, so replay would be helpful.

still tho, nothing will happen with that report.

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,930 posts
25,256 battles

I wouldnt worry too much about it, if you sank the whole enemy team on your own, he still would have reported you.

[PORT]
Players
8 posts
12,154 battles

thiextar you say that but a player is only as good as the team he is on my ranked stats are pretty decent and one doesn't need to be a super unicum to no wen he has done somthing right or wrong i looked at every decision i made and then looked at the decisions the entire team made  only one of the dds even pushed for the cap the others went of and got themselves sunk with no contribution and i finished top of the team that plus i had follwed a similar stratergy that had previously been succesful on the map we was on and for the record the guy in question his stats show him as a bad player 

just saying seems to me the guy is clearly salty

{edit} had to delete alot of stuff of my system to fix some issue unfortunatly alot of the replays i had was deleted aswel

Players
65 posts
12,299 battles

It's really frustrating when people are like that but sadly it's pretty common, tonight I got reported for killing someone who was 2 tiers higher than me so clearly I must be cheating (apparently). 

Sadly it's the nature of online gaming, and by the sounds of it that battle was just a general disaster and he needed someone else to blame as of course it cannot be him, I wouldn't be surprised if he sent a similar message to the person in the CV too. 

On the brightside (possibly) karma is basically worthless so being complimented is pleasant but doesn't matter and being reported is essentially meaningless.

Still it is annoying to have to deal with people like that, and the fact he contacted your clan is odd and says a lot about how weird he is. It is because of people like that I enabled my replays so when people go crazy or team kill I have proof should I need it. 

[ANV]
Players
221 posts
5,366 battles
56 minutes ago, despair_1 said:

what will happen if he does report me to wargaming  will they do nothing or will they look into it and and see that there was infact no wrong doing before his insinuting comment  and thus my responce to it? 

a responce i feel was warrented and not all that harsh given the circumstances

By "report" he probably means give you negative Karma - which does... absolutely nothing.

I would recommend saving replays and uploading them to wowsreplays ( https://replayswows.com/ )  if anybody does a similar "i'll report you for xyz" - the public replay can be viewed by everyone and that normally is better than a million words.

• Cool 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
538 posts
8,895 battles
2 hours ago, despair_1 said:

then he messages my clan commander saying that he is reporting me....

And I hope your clan commander told him to get a decent personality.....

Players
17 posts
1,738 battles

Does reporting even do anything besides making you lose a few numbers of a useless value that only you can see?

• Cool 1

[GW_KR]
Players
17 posts
4,004 battles

You loose a karma point. End of story. 

Too many idiots reporting people when they don’t do what they are ”told” to do. 

I get reported every now and then for not ”pushing agressively into the cap” in my DD. 

So my advice is to ignore him when you know you have done nothing wrong. 

Players
92 posts
7,960 battles

Lower karma means less reports/compliments you can give. Minimum is 6, I believe, of each per day.

Just ignore such people. Strange it happened to you for the first time.

[-AP-]
Players
539 posts
2,470 battles
10 hours ago, despair_1 said:

thiextar you say that but a player is only as good as the team he is on my ranked stats are pretty decent and one doesn't need to be a super unicum to no wen he has done somthing right or wrong i looked at every decision i made and then looked at the decisions the entire team made  only one of the dds even pushed for the cap the others went of and got themselves sunk with no contribution and i finished top of the team that plus i had follwed a similar stratergy that had previously been succesful on the map we was on and for the record the guy in question his stats show him as a bad player 

just saying seems to me the guy is clearly salty

{edit} had to delete alot of stuff of my system to fix some issue unfortunatly alot of the replays i had was deleted aswel

Your overall win rate doesn't get affected by your teams. If you want a source for that, we have about 1000 threads going into detail as to why, but long story short, the statistical anomalies average out given a large enough sample size. 

But by your explanation, it seems that match was lost whatever you did, so the moron in chat probably saw you do something a tiny bit inefficient and decided to blame you for the loss of the entire match. That's quite common :Smile-_tongue:

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
8,775 battles

WG Player Support self-help page:

Do you feel lonely at night and want to make friends?

Did someone say something nasty to you?

Did someone sink your ship?

Were you torpedoed unfairly?

Did the enemy CV nuke your dd or keep you spotted all game?

Is there a clan member from a clan you don't like?

Are you a sadist?

Does jealously permeate your every fibre in your body?

Do you prefer to blame everyone else rather than accept it might just be you?

Well, for every one of these, AND MORE, we have just the thing you need and it's already in the game. No more long messages, screenshot uploads and fiddly tickets to our support line, no more waiting for a response several weeks later or getting a response that doesn't even remotely make sense or relate to what you complained about or asked, no more frustration.

We offer you INSTANT PUNISHMENT, we offer you:

image.png.b5fc8e96df9652095ecec96287afc7fa.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
113 posts
10,590 battles

Somehow after a ranked season I always have 10-20 less karma then where I started the season with. Doesn't matter if I potato or carry a game, it always ends with someone reporting me.

So I don't really care anymore. If someone starts shouting to me while the game is still going I'll always ask for postive feedback or answer with : Thanx for the positive feedback.:cap_like:

[SCRUB]
Players
7,192 posts
9,335 battles

*edit

Edited by CrimsonCat
This message has been edited due to flaming and trolling.

[JRM]
Players
658 posts
10,592 battles
11 hours ago, hel_master said:

Does reporting even do anything besides making you lose a few numbers of a useless value that only you can see?

It does.

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,969 battles

Personally, If someone is out to get me reported, I just ignore the feller and return the favor - Except in cases where I actually had potatoed (like a TK or some such stupid thing) and completely *edit up, therefore well deserving it. In which case I'll just determine to swallow it without complaint. :Smile_facepalm:

If it is someone in the team reporting someone else than me, it really depends. If there is reason to, then oh well, I never aspired to be a part of a lynching mob so I'll assume that the feller will eventually get reported by someone else anyways and just ignore the agitator's request to report someone else.:fish_sleep:

However, if it seems to me that this reporting business is on quite shaky grounds or wholly baseless, like it often is. I will report all right BUT I will report the guy asking us to report someone else instead of his intended victim. You know, just because I'm an utter and complete *edit. :Smile_Default:

Edited by CrimsonCat
This message has been edited due to inappropriate remarks.

Beta Tester
153 posts
11,314 battles

amazing - after 11k battles you still dont know that these reporting's have very small meaning - close to nothing in most cases ...

[PORT]
Players
8 posts
12,154 battles

@ hellhound666 then clearly you dont know that you can get banned from using chat from being reported enough times i've literally been banned from using chat because sombody reported me multiple times for being afk during battles due to the game crashing at the time and the crashing was happening alot until i had figured out wat was causing it to happen... 

[ADRIA]
Players
3,842 posts
6,560 battles
3 minutes ago, despair_1 said:

@ hellhound666 then clearly you dont know that you can get banned from using chat from being reported enough times i've literally been banned from using chat because sombody reported me multiple times for being afk during battles due to the game crashing at the time

Reporting for "Misbehavior in chat" MAY (emphasis on the uncertainty) get the player chatbanned. It's not fully clear how that works, but it sort of does

All 3 other reports - bad play / AFK / unsportsmanlike - are completely useless, all they do is reduce the persons Karma - and karma itself does nothing. They are there just to make you feel better about yourself.

In this game there is no emptier threat than a "report" - it's completely useless

Sign in to follow this