Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pacoXXI

hackers and things that do not go well at all in the game

34 comments in this topic

[DSW]
Players
3,713 posts
7,537 battles

are there working hacks for WoWS? yeah probably, hard to completely avoid. But 95% of reported cases are simply bad players having no clue what's going on, or being too far up their own posteriors to admit that there may be others that are better than them.

• Cool 4

Quality Poster
3,034 posts
8,067 battles

Great job breaking the forums rules by posting a link to a website that offers such cheats ...:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[SCRUB]
Players
591 posts
11,013 battles

Replay or it didn't happen. Also direct links to potential cheats and hacks are forbidden 

Weekend Tester
832 posts
4,434 battles

45282632_1877534845616464_1909679632467099648_n.jpg.bd3cc643e7733d84c644fdf042e7360c.jpg

Plus, an aimbot will always do a worse job then a player.

As for Wallhax.... I didn't even see a w from Wallhax in there, only a garbage aimbot.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,156 posts
9,305 battles

First of all, linking to websites distributing cheats isn't allowed.

Secondly, most of those cheats are simple scams that just put some shiny lines on the UI that serve no purpose and provide no more information than the game already does, but look shiny to gullible people that have no idea how the game works. In most cases you're paying for literally nothing and probably downloaded a suite of sweet sweet malware on top. And if you're not paying for anything, you're almost certainly just downloading a malware package.

Thirdly and case in point, the most important aspects of the game simply can't be cheated because the client (that's you and all the data on your PC at any given moment) simply doesn't get the data from the server, for example detection: it's impossible to cheat the spotting mechanics and make unspotted ships show up because the data a cheat would need to read and display those informations isn't sent from the server to the client all the time, it's only sent when you're supposed to spot them.

Any actually functional "h4x" out there are of cosmetic natures (making some informations more easily readable, or say exchanging ship skins to depict the armour zones/citadel hitboxes) that have absolutely no impact on actual gameplay mechanics, or the much vaunted aim-assist that's being horribly overestimated by literally everyone I've seen complaining about "aimbots", etc. because it still doesn't help against random shot deviation or simple WASD.

• Cool 2

[HMSR]
Beta Tester
1,730 posts
5,871 battles

1st, why post a link to a malicious site? 

2nd, all caculation is serverside, so gluck with "hax" 

3d, congratz on a probable forum ban. 

:Smile_sceptic:

[IMF]
[IMF]
Players
37 posts
2,068 battles
5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

First of all, linking to websites distributing cheats isn't allowed.

Secondly, most of those cheats are simple scams that just put some shiny lines on the UI that serve no purpose and provide no more information than the game already does, but look shiny to gullible people that have no idea how the game works.

Thirdly and case in point, the most important aspects of the game simply can't be cheated because the client (that's you and all the data on your PC at any given moment) simply doesn't get the data from the server, for example detection: it's impossible to cheat the spotting mechanics and make unspotted ships show up because the data a cheat would need to read and display those informations isn't sent from the server to the client all the time, it's only sent when you're supposed to spot them.

Any actually functional "h4x" out there are of cosmetic natures (making some informations more easily readable, or say exchanging ship skins to depict the armour zones/citadel hitboxes) that have absolutely no impact on actual gameplay mechanics, or the much vaunted aim-assist that's being horribly overestimated by literally everyone I've seen complaining about "aimbots", etc. because it still doesn't help against random shot deviation or simple WASD.

I'm denouncing the facts, I'm not sponsoring the link. , now that we do hypocrites because someone is denouncing players cheaters ?. Then do you think that finding the link is so difficult on the internet? Are you Bigots or what?

[CATS]
Players
14,074 posts
10,562 battles
27 minutes ago, pacoXXI said:

Hackers: lately in the Game & Discussions chat game I had a discussion with some Bigots of the game who stated with some determination that the Hacks or Wallhacks are not present in the game, so they claimed that there were no hackers in WOWS.
This chat discussion happened 15 days ago after I reported in chat the behavior of a very suspicious player, who arrived at the edge of the game map to shoot me without having any signal from the game, the fact is that I was in stealth at least from 5 minutes and I was in an area where there were no conflicts. The player initially pretended not to see me but suddenly changed course and fired 3 times by striking me without having seen me legally.
The thing that makes me very angry is not the fact that there are hackers but that there are not in the game an effective anti_cheat ready to kick out the ...

Looks like you still do not know how the game works.

Had you posted a replay instead of mindlessly posting a link to a hacking site, we could have helped you.

Now you are just another tinfoil hat wearer... 

[DSW]
Players
3,713 posts
7,537 battles
8 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

or the much vaunted aim-assist that's being horribly overestimated by literally everyone I've seen complaining about "aimbots", etc. because it still doesn't help against random shot deviation or simple WASD.

I can't help but wonder what would happen if WG were to introduce something like an approximate lead indicator (that shows roughly where you'd need to aim to hit the target at its current speed and heading) for everyone... I mean, the outcry would be biblical because we're not used to having that kind of feature (and I expect I'll get yelled at a bit for thinking out loud here^^), but other games (like Fractured Space if I recall) have that and it doesnt destroy them...

How would the game change if you'd raise the "aiming skill floor" by giving the newer players that kind of aid? Or who knows, maybe just introduce it for Coop, because the bots can't complain about getting shot more accurately? :cap_hmm:

and yes this is offtopic, but more constuctive than the original post I reckon...^^

Quality Poster
3,034 posts
8,067 battles
1 minute ago, pacoXXI said:

I'm denouncing the facts, I'm not sponsoring the link. , now that we do hypocrites because someone is denouncing players cheaters ?. Then do you think that finding the link is so difficult on the internet? Are you Bigots or what?

No, we're just following the rules. If you found a link to a hack (which yes do sponsor! Posting = Sponsoring in the context of this forum), then why not immediately turn it over to the people that can do something about it: SUPPORT!

@MrConway, @Crysantos, @pippu_destroyerofworlds may I summon either of you?

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,928 battles
4 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I agree and in any case, also where the shots are going to land will be decided by the server when one fires. So if the target WASD's, slows down, speeds up or does anything different it will miss by a mile. Don't see any point in even trying to use those and besides it would get me banned so nevermind eh? I can miss the target reasonably reliably on my own already. :cap_old:

[SCRUB]
Players
7,156 posts
9,305 battles

*sigh*

Can't reason someone out of a position they never got into with reason anyway.

[-AP-]
Players
534 posts
2,445 battles
22 minutes ago, pacoXXI said:

Hackers: lately in the Game & Discussions chat game I had a discussion with some Bigots of the game who stated with some determination that the Hacks or Wallhacks are not present in the game, so they claimed that there were no hackers in WOWS.
This chat discussion happened 15 days ago after I reported in chat the behavior of a very suspicious player, who arrived at the edge of the game map to shoot me without having any signal from the game, the fact is that I was in stealth at least from 5 minutes and I was in an area where there were no conflicts. The player initially pretended not to see me but suddenly changed course and fired 3 times by striking me without having seen me legally.
The thing that makes me very angry is not the fact that there are hackers but that there are not in the game an effective anti_cheat ready to kick out the cheaters.
In case there are doubts, go to the address I posted.

https://wallhax.com/hacks/world-of-warships-hack/

Post the replay to prove that he was indeed hacking.

Players
2,298 posts
22 minutes ago, pacoXXI said:

the fact is that I was in stealth at least from 5 minutes and I was in an area where there were no conflicts.

I especially love this bit from OP...BB? 

• Funny 5

[SCRUB]
Players
7,156 posts
9,305 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I can't help but wonder what would happen if WG were to introduce something like an approximate lead indicator (that shows roughly where you'd need to aim to hit the target at its current speed and heading) for everyone... I mean, the outcry would be biblical because we're not used to having that kind of feature (and I expect I'll get yelled at a bit for thinking out loud here^^), but other games (like Fractured Space if I recall) have that and it doesnt destroy them...

How would the game change if you'd raise the "aiming skill floor" by giving the newer players that kind of aid? Or who knows, maybe just introduce it for Coop, because the bots can't complain about getting shot more accurately? :cap_hmm:

Honestly I doN't thing much would change if anything. A couple players would improve marginally and the hopeless potatoes would still miss despite a literal "point here and click" showing them how to simply because they have no idea what the UI is trying to tell them.

2 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

I agree and in any case, also where the shots are going to land will be decided by the server when one fires. So if the target WASD's, slows down, speeds up or does anything different it will miss by a mile. Don't see any point in even trying to use those and besides it would get me banned so nevermind eh? I can miss the target reasonably reliably on my own already. :cap_old:

Literally the only advantage such an aim-assist provides is that you can spare yourself the lead anticipation. And quite honestly I image any good player already aims by the time-to-reach-target so getting the lead right on the first shot is hardly difficult. Worst case scenario would be someone playing a completely new ship being unfamiliar with the ballistics but even there just going by the time-to-reach-target indicator is enough and even then it only takes a couple salvoes to get familiar with the ballistics.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,196 posts
5,589 battles
6 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Or who knows, maybe just introduce it for Coop, because the bots can't complain about getting shot more accurately? :cap_hmm:

Could even make sense because the bots are doing the same anyway :Smile_trollface:

I dare you to go broadside to a Bot Mino in something it can citadel :cap_haloween:

The problem with including speed in an aim-indicator is very questionable atleast. It would Buff BBs very much (atleast those without torps), since you can see if the target is slowing down/speeding up.

I think everyone gets those moments when the target is just slowing down to avoid your shells.

Players
3,102 posts
5,421 battles

...:Smile_facepalm:

I strongly adivce everyone to stay away from that link, let alone try out whatever software there is offered. Cheats for MMOs often contain keyloggers, so that the creators can take over your account!

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,156 posts
9,305 battles
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

...:Smile_facepalm:

I strongly adivce everyone to stay away from that link, let alone try out whatever software there is offered. Cheats for MMOs often contain keyloggers, so that the creators can take over your account!

Hush, let natural selection do its thing.

• Funny 4

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,928 battles
5 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

...I strongly adivce everyone to stay away from that link, let alone try out whatever software there is offered. Cheats for MMOs often contain keyloggers, so that the creators can take over your account!

Not to worry mate, I am competent enough to completely miss my shots quite well even without any assist(s). :cap_rambo:

• Funny 3

Players
2,693 posts
15,067 battles
46 minutes ago, pacoXXI said:

:Smile_teethhappy:anyone with a brain can sthap reading here.....

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,055 posts
17,588 battles

aaah, dat guy already again?!.........

l9qfd.jpg