You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DuneDreamer

The most uninteresting tier 10 ship

108 comments in this topic

Question

[STARS]
Players
270 posts

I've already played quite of lot of games with tier 10 battleships and although I enjoy most of them, one is quite uninteresting and dull to play. You know what ship I'm talking about. Do you? The one they present as "knight clad in armor" but in reality is nothing more than a well-concealed HE slinger - uninteresting to play but infuriating with its HE spam for the opposing team. It is indeed quite powerful and every time I play it, I easily score between 150 and 200k damage but the gameplay robs me of any satisfaction.  This isn't only my opinion. I've watched other reviews on YouTube voicing similar opinions.

My questions are: Are they blind to the problems with this ship and do they plan to do something about it?

• Bad 2

107 answers to this question

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,646 posts
9,219 battles

OP (rightly) says that the Conqueror is boring.
ColonelPete instantly goes on a tirade about how the Conqueror isn't that big of a threat and is low on WR.

Christ how do you miss the mark so damn often, Pete?

• Funny 1

[OP]
Beta Tester
206 posts
2,473 battles

Thought you were talking about Hindenburg, before I noticed it was about BBs. It is a line I will never grind if it stays like it is :P

[CATS]
Players
14,045 posts
10,543 battles

No idea what you are talking about.

Knight clad in armor --> Kurfuerst

HE Spammer --> Conqueror

[STARS]
Players
270 posts
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

No idea what you are talking about.

Knight clad in armor --> Kurfuerst

HE Spammer --> Conqueror

You're 50% right!

[CATS]
Players
14,045 posts
10,543 battles
Just now, DuneDreamer said:

You're 50% right!

That is the problem.

It still does not clarify what you are talking about and what the problem is.

Both ships are not superior to other ships in winning games --> ships are no problem.

Conqueror has the lowest WR of all Tier X BB last time I checked.

Spraying repairable damage on the enemy does not win games.

[STARS]
Players
270 posts
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

That is the problem.

It still does not clarify what you are talking about and what the problem is.

Both ships are not superior to other ships in winning games --> ships are no problem.

Conqueror has the lowest WR of all Tier X BB last time I checked.

Spraying repairable damage on the enemy does not win games.

The thread wasn't about WR or how superior one ship is to another but the fact that the ship in question requires no skills to play, is unbalanced and uninteresting. And by the way, if you watch the official WG video on the Conqueror, you'll notice that they present it as a "knight clad in armor"...

[CATS]
Players
14,045 posts
10,543 battles
3 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

The thread wasn't about WR or how superior one ship is to another but the fact that the ship in question requires no skills to play, is unbalanced and uninteresting. And by the way, if you watch the official WG video on the Congueror, you'll notice that they present it as a "knight clad in armor"...

How is she unbalanced?

That she is too weak?

I have the feeling most people play her wrong, which contradicts your statement she requires no skill. Otherwise she would not have the weakest performance of all Tier X BB.

[STARS]
Players
270 posts
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

How is she unbalanced?

That she is too weak?

I have the feeling most people play her wrong, which contradicts your statement she requires no skill. Otherwise she would not have the weakest performance of all Tier X BB.

I don't care about WR. It is a collective score. I compared it to my other tier 10 BBs and I noticed that it is far easier to do damage with the Conqueror than with the other BBs. However, it requires no skills and so is uninteresting to play (you made me repeat my main point yet again).

[CATS]
Players
14,045 posts
10,543 battles

Doing damage that has no effect is not unbalanced.

Doing stuff that does not help your team is easy, no surprise.

Playing her well takes skill, most players fail.

Yes, Conq has the highest average damage of all Tier X BB, no surprise when you rely on fire and HE.

She has also the lowest kill rate and WR of all Tier X BB which clearly shows how ineffective HE spam is.

She also the lowest tank damage and hit ratio with the highest survival rating which shows that the average player stays far from the action, which is a complete fail.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20181110/eu_2month/average_ship.html

• Cool 1

[STARS]
Players
270 posts
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Doing damage that has no effect is not unbalanced.

Doing stuff that does not help your team is easy, no surprise.

Playing her well takes skill, most players fail.

I completely disagree with you, but your lack of practical experience is evident by your ratio number of games played over number of forum opinions.  Currently you score 0.766, which is quite bad considering that the average score is way above 1. :cap_haloween:

Players
401 posts
2,989 battles
2 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

I completely disagree with you, but your lack of practical experience is evident by your ratio number of games played over number of forum opinions.  Currently you score 0.766, which is quite bad considering that the average score is way above 1. :cap_haloween:

Be careful heading down the stat route. Especially as your stats are hidden, which in most cases isn't a good thing.

[CORNG]
Players
600 posts
11,408 battles
4 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

Open your Stats before Statbashing other People, with different Opinion. OMG. 

[CATS]
Players
14,045 posts
10,543 battles
1 minute ago, DuneDreamer said:

You forgot to count the number of dogs eaten, which is only zero and far below the worldwide average.

You really know what is important in the game :fish_palm:

You are confirming my impression of your starting post: much whine, no substance. Try some arguments next time.

[STARS]
Players
270 posts
2 hours ago, Centurion_1711 said:

Be careful heading down the stat route. Especially as your stats are hidden, which in most cases isn't a good thing.

OMG, I left you in a dark room and now you're angry as you can't see the exist. How bad of me!

[CORNG]
Players
600 posts
11,408 battles
1 hour ago, DuneDreamer said:

My questions are: Are they blind to the problems with this ship and do they plan to do something about it?

Flamu mentioned in a newer Vid, that they are plans to rise the Citadell of Conquerer. 

[STARS]
Players
270 posts
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

You forgot to count the number of dogs eaten, which is only zero and far below the worldwide average.

You really know what is important in the game :fish_palm:

You are confirming my impression of your starting post: much whine, no substance. Try some arguments next time.

The arguments are already voiced by other game contributors. If you have troubles using Google to find them, take some free lessons online.

[STARS]
Players
270 posts
3 minutes ago, belalugosisdead said:

Open your Stats before Statbashing other People, with different Opinion. OMG. 

It is because of people like you that my stats are hidden. You proved my point that I've made the right choice.

Players
401 posts
2,989 battles

OGM, I left you in a dark room and now you're angry as you can't see the exist. How bad of me!

Nah, I'm not angry in the slightest. Just pointing out that hiding stats is of course your choice, but criticising someone else on their stats is a tad hypocritical. Honestly I would take the dark room right now, it might allow me to get some sleep for once... :fish_sleep:

[CATS]
Players
14,045 posts
10,543 battles

The arguments are already voiced by other game contributors. If you have troubles using Google to find them, take some free lessons online.

Then what is point of the thread if the content is elsewhere?

THAT is exactly my problem with your post. Just whining, no substance.

If you want to vent, tell it your hairdresser or, if you are old enough, tell it a barkeeper!

[STARS]
Players
270 posts

Then what is point of the thread if the content is elsewhere?

THAT is exactly my problem with your post. Just whining, no substance.

If you want to vent, tell it your hairdresser or, if you are old enough, tell it a barkeeper!

I noticed that you like to criticize people in every thread so I created one more for you. After all, this is the food you can't live without.

[CATS]
Players
14,045 posts
10,543 battles
6 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

I noticed that you like to criticize people in every thread so I created one more for you. After all, this is the food you can't live without.

I like reading posts that use arguments based on facts and make a point.

[STARS]
Players
270 posts

I like reading posts that use arguments based on facts and make a point.

I talk out of my own experience with the ships and what some contributors say should be done. I'm also helping you increase your post count as I see it is more important to you than any freeXP, coal or even steel...

c.thumb.png.614052f667f29e1f8ce3f9005a7fac07.png

[STARS]
Players
270 posts
Just now, ColonelPete said:

You said nothing about what should be done....

You're quite observant but this isn't a guide on what should be done. It is only meant to outline the problem so that those who can make the necessary changes pay extra attention to the problem and hopefully address it.

[ADRIA]
Players
3,792 posts
6,526 battles
4 hours ago, DuneDreamer said:

but in reality is nothing more than a well-concealed HE slinger

Then try loading AP for a change :fish_palm: Conqs AP is amazing, I'd be crying tears of joy if I could get that sAP on my other BBs

Also how do you get

4 hours ago, DuneDreamer said:

knight clad in armor

from a ship which was released as the t10 BB with the least armour and the least hp of them all?

3 hours ago, DuneDreamer said:

the ship in question requires no skills to play

Which is exactly why this HE-spamming playstyle also has so little (nearly none) impact on the match. You do damage that can be ignored for a long time, and then 100% healed. Basically you are polishing your dmg number while doing no actual damage. And your targets - you are focusing BBs which often need less attention than the CAs and DDs that you are ignoring.

Well, little impact on the enemy team, your own team will really feel you dragging them down like an anchor (think BBs anchor in a wooden rowboat, that should fit about right for the comparison)

And by the way, if you watch the official WG video on the Conqueror, you'll notice that they present it as a "knight clad in armor"...

You'll also notice they recommended Expert Rear Gunner on KGV or Survivability Expert on Iowa...

c.thumb.png.614052f667f29e1f8ce3f9005a7fac07.png

Ahh, yes, the god and savior Flamu whos word all sheep must follow like a gospel. Totally not like he's constantly presenting his own opinions like some facts :fish_palm:

3 hours ago, belalugosisdead said:

Flamu mentioned in a newer Vid, that they are plans to rise the Citadell of Conquerer. 

S_O said that in that Amercian "anchors something" thingy like a week ago. Funny thing is - as Conq already is the worst WR, worst k/b and so on - that might just push it down so far that WG needs to buff it. I'd love to see that outrage :cap_popcorn:

Then again, if even stats (hitrate, tanking, spotting....) clearly show that the average playstyle is "never closer than 20km from the nearest enemy" I guess that wouldn't actually change a thing for the majority of players, just a casual nerf for those who actually had the brain to move in closer and - the knowledge for these 2 should be loosely related - use AP on the ship