You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blackout_Ego

Torps are becomming stupid.

61 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
22 posts
2,767 battles

It is now only game of torps. 

I am seriously considering to stop playing and using money on this game.

Torps from planes dropping from close distance totally wrecking your ship in start of game ruins the fun for me. And playing should be fun. 

Also torps from shimas are a menace. One torp hit me in the last game in Montana 60kdmg.

• Funny 16
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts
14 minutes ago, Blackout_Ego said:

Torps from planes dropping from close distance totally wrecking your ship in start of game ruins the fun for me. And playing should be fun. 

Also torps from shimas are a menace. One torp hit me in the last game in Montana 60kdmg.

CV drops are an utter pain, but that's going to change, will probably be more of a pain.

One Shimakaze torpedo can NOT do 60k unless you detonated or maybe flooded because you failed to use Damage Control.

BBaby detected, someone get the bingo card please.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
14,147 posts
10,577 battles

2500 battles and you did not learn a thing?

Wonder why BB numbers are up again? Because it is so hard for BB?

image.thumb.png.a8e241215df1ae4b4744097dc8c9c639.png

[NWP]
Players
3,220 posts
5,612 battles

Look at your stats:

https://wows-numbers.com/de/player/500462385,Blackout_Ego/

Hightiers is probably not for you. Ask yourself why you want to play T10 when its obviously unfun for you. What do you gain by forcing it? Nothing really.

Go back, play low-midtiers, have fun. Win-Win for everyone. You have fun, you actually can help your team to win the game, unlike hightiers where you are a burden for your team and making them lose.

If you are getting dropped early game by a CV, then YOU are misplaying. If there is a CV, stick with your AA ships (not like Montana is actually a strong AA ship.... but still), or atleast dont go off alone somewhere where the CV can strike you at will.

If you have problems with Shimakaze torps, then .... i dont know. Shima torps arent good to begin with. Yes, 15 torps can be launched at once, and they hit quite hard (not 60k however), but they are spotted very early. so you have time to evade most of them. Or again, stick with your team so you wont take so many torps.

If you have problems with torps, take Vigilance cptn skill. Or learn to change your course more often.

• Cool 5

[NED]
Players
4,087 posts
11,208 battles

OK OP. Seeing the name of your clan and your interests on your profile you might want to start over your post. Now you're sounding like a whining kid. My advice: ask for advice. A CV or a Shima shouldn't be able to one shot torp a Montana in the vast majority of the cases. In the cases they do it means 2 things: 1 you're extremely unlucky (0.5% of them) or you derped up yourself (99,5%). Some advices from my part: in a CV game make sure you don't get isolated. A full Midway strike will get you if he/ she wants it. In the vicinity of a group it'll be a different story (1st rule of survival: assume your CV is envious to moron level and don't expect anything from him). Regarding the Shima (or other torp vessels for that matter): detected = incoming torpedoes until proven otherwise in 100% of the time. Detected = incoming. Assume they have instant reloads and can spread every 5 seconds. That way you'll "never" get surprised. Keep changing speed and course. Pay attention to the minimap. Strike that: make the minimap a complete utter obsession and try to deduct the most likely DD position in order to avoid more. Lots of the times you'll be able to avoid the spreads or forced to take 1, 2 at the most. Yes it hurts but it won't kill you (disregarding detonation in this matter).

• Cool 2

Players
3,503 posts
7,254 battles
49 minutes ago, Blackout_Ego said:

:Smile_facepalm:

Proof, if needed, that you have no idea about game mechanics.

Players
841 posts
8,113 battles
43 minutes ago, Blackout_Ego said:

One torp hit me in the last game in Montana 60kdmg.

I did a one shot torpedo kill in my Shimakaze on a Montana once, full health detonation, so stop complaining...

Why shouldn't the enemy CV's set out to wreck your ships? I know it's cruel, it's unjust but the enemy CV must have his fun too you know....

I play Shimakaze regularly and love to hunt BB's who sail alone, don't change course or generally play in ships they are not capable of using properly.. The Montana however, from my own experience, does not usually go down with a single torpedo.. I have put 9 into a Montana before and the ship survived all 9 hits... it flooded to death but didn't die from the initial hits.

Perhaps, I am just thinking, it is your play style that is the problem? Are you a team player or do you go solo to yolo?

Weekend Tester
833 posts
4,441 battles

WG should just remove shells...

Every damn game i get hit by a shell and it takes 3k HP of my ship. 

Thats BS! Im going back to Factorio dammit!

• Funny 9

Players
841 posts
8,113 battles
1 minute ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

WG should just remove shells...

And Torpedoes, bombs, planes, Ballista and depth charges.. In fact every ship should be armed with feather pillows for the end fight on soft deep mattresses in case they fall over...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
2,076 posts
5,178 battles

Free hint, its not the torps.

Your issue is found between keyboard & chair.

• Cool 2

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,259 posts
6,045 battles
1 hour ago, Blackout_Ego said:

Changing game could be a thing. You should try single player, coop games or PvE games. PvP games are often frustating since there are always certain  mechanics and better players.

Torps are meant to deal a lot damage. If you're wondering, why the damage is that high, just calculate the dpm. While a bb can shoot every 30 s and could do 20k damage hits, the dd can only use is torpedos every 120-200 seconds and does then his 20-60k damage. Technically he doesnt not more damage than a bb. It's just different

Players
342 posts
3,904 battles

I don't get the whining about torps.  I get torped sometimes but very rarely. There's torps on cruisers, dds, CVs and usually, on the rare occasion, I put myself in that position by getting to slap happy. The other situation, which I will help you fight, is that if a CV wants you dead, you die.  That's my biggest complaint really about torps. most can be spotted by even the most blind ships in time to only take one or two and if you can manage your game correctly, that's not going to kill you outright.  

• Cool 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,990 posts
13,493 battles
33 minutes ago, CraftyVeteran said:

I don't get the whining about torps.

Nobody with half a brain does.

Then again that's a requirement the average WoWs player doesn't fulfill. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[SCRUB]
Players
699 posts
7,265 battles
4 hours ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

You are correct.

He isnt, they are laughable in most cases because people tend to use those worthless 20km torps... 

[SWTP]
[SWTP]
Players
335 posts
6,023 battles
43 minuty temu, DJ_Die napisał:

He isnt, they are laughable in most cases because people tend to use those worthless 20km torps... 

Yes, they are, for own team thought :Smile_trollface: in the way that you could have a DD actually able to torp cap or gun down something. Not another border hugger.

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,969 battles
10 hours ago, Blackout_Ego said:

One torp hit me in the last game in Montana 60kdmg.

Quite impossible lad. The maximum damage a torp from Shimakaze can do is 23,766, so either you flooded or detonated and besides I have several hundred games in a Shima it is hard enough to get any hits at all because its torps can be spotted 1.8km away even without special skills or Target Acquisition System Modification 1, if the enemy is actively changing course or trying to dodge. So if you got killed by one in a Monty, you must have blundered yourself. :cap_old:

Hint: If you have problems reacting to torps take "Vigilance" skill for your captain AND Target Acquisition System Modification 1, you'll be spotting torps several km away even without a hydro...:Smile_Default:

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,182 posts
1,387 battles

This key -> A

And this key -> D

They are things. 

This key -> W

And this key -> S

Also help.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,444 posts
6,239 battles

I can categorically state that torps have not been a problem for about 1-2 years now. 

Before that, torps were a massive problem. Now? Due to the sheer amount of radar, Hydro, Shimmy Nefs and DD's life span now-a-days, torps are completely fine at the moment.

As for CV's? I'm not even gonna entertain you regarding how to defend yourself because any player with a brain cell can think of that one.

• Cool 1

[ETD5]
Players
234 posts
1,504 battles
34 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

This key -> A

And this key -> D

They are things. 

This key -> A

And this key -> S

Also help.

I think the second A should be W :cap_yes:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[OGHF]
Players
549 posts
10,494 battles

Strange that, non of my torpedoes seem to be getting more stupid, they go where I send them to. The only stupid part is me :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,353 posts
13,969 battles
2 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Strange that, non of my torpedoes seem to be getting more stupid, they go where I send them to. The only stupid part is me :Smile_hiding:

Quite bafflingly, I have noticed the same thing... I really should stop sending them to all the wrong places perhaps? :cap_hmm:

inept.jpg.0a9638336eb20d91a5044407ce12a771.jpg

[HAERT]
Players
1,588 posts
1,379 battles

I suck at this game but I hardly ever get sunk by torps.

If someone like me has learned to vary his course and turn into torp bombers, anyone can

• Cool 3