Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
fallenkezef

When is the Pasta being served?

65 comments in this topic

[HAERT]
Players
1,588 posts
1,379 battles

Anyone know of an eta for the second most significant Axis navy, Italy?

I appreciate Germany  has the fan factor but Italy was the major naval threat outside the Pacific, it's why the RN devoted so much in the way of resources to keep them bottled up in the med.

Germany had no surface threat to the RN after 1941 but the Italians where a significant and skilled foe up to the Italian surrender.

I think it's time to stop faffing about with the minor and insignificant naval flotillas like France and Pan-Pacific and get Italy finished.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1

[5D]
Players
432 posts
20,048 battles

i think its time you learned how to play the ships in game now before you get carried away :P

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[HAERT]
Players
1,588 posts
1,379 battles
3 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

i think its time you learned how to play the ships in game now before you get carried away :P

I only play, badly, British (though it seems I have some affinity for the DDs) I like this game for it's historical aspect.

While the Italian army was somewhat lacklustre thie navy was modern, powerful and deserves to be ingame.

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
4,741 posts
4,895 battles

Also waiting for Italy. 

I wouldn’t say it is fair to call France a „minor“ navy in WW1 and WW2. They did some very innovative things like „Jeune Ecole“ and were not really that small either.

Pan-Asia yea....

Anyway - I think it is safe to assume Italian Cruisers to appear in 2019

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
Players
703 posts
7,962 battles
15 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

I wouldn’t say it is fair to call France a „minor“ navy in WW1 and WW2. They did some very innovative things like „Jeune Ecole“ and were not really that small either.

"Humping the seabed over and over again" :P

Also waiting for pasta ships but it seems im gonna quit before they come :(

Rework is a good bye.

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
3,445 posts
4,633 battles

Italians? Never heard of them. As WG itself said, all major naval nations are covered, we are running out of content, thus we are getting submarines now. 

• Funny 5

[HAERT]
Players
1,588 posts
1,379 battles
25 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Also waiting for Italy. 

Pan-Asia yea....

Anyway - I think it is safe to assume Italian Cruisers to appear in 2019

6 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Italians? Never heard of them. As WG itself said, all major naval nations are covered, we are running out of content, thus we are getting submarines now. 

It pisses me off the way Italygot written out history just because thier army sucked

[SM0KE]
Players
1,886 posts
5,344 battles

I'm looking froward to the Italians as well; unless someone knows better, there should be enough material for all three of the 'main' classes eventually, no?

Presumably, we'll have to wait until after the CV rework, and whatever expression of 'short man syndrome' the Russian BBs turn out to be, though...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,192 posts
9,335 battles
8 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I'm looking froward to the Italians as well; unless someone knows better, there should be enough material for all three of the 'main' classes eventually, no?

Pretty sure you there's at least enough material to fill the cruiser and battleship line up to tier VIII without having to look for esoteric blueprints. DDs I'm actually not that sure because the RM had more of a thing for torpedoboats for a long time so the DD tree might need a bit fixing up here and there to fill gaps for proper tiering but yeah, overall there really shouldn't be much of a problem getting them into the game.

• Cool 1

Players
2,764 posts
12,490 battles

Yes. High time we had a proper line of Italian ships in the game. A very interesting navy IMHO, and unfairly underrated by a good many people.

However, as a francophile I cannot agree that the French navy was minor! :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
539 posts
2,470 battles
1 hour ago, fallenkezef said:

While the Italian army was somewhat lacklustre thie navy was modern, powerful and deserves to be ingame.

Its not a question of power, its a question of what national flavor they would bring. What would be their weaknesses/strengths, what would make them unique to play? Cause we already have a lot of nations with a good playstyle coverage, it would make much more sense to finish fleshing out the current tech trees before making a whole new one.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
455 posts
2,828 battles

" Italy was the major naval threat outside the Pacific" 

With no fuel to sail said ships. Are you sure?  :fish_book:

[TOXIC]
Players
1,113 posts
15,784 battles
1 hour ago, fallenkezef said:

I appreciate Germany  has the fan factor but Italy was the major naval threat outside the Pacific, it's why the RN devoted so much in the way of resources to keep them bottled up in the med.

Germany had no surface threat to the RN after 1941 but the Italians where a significant and skilled foe up to the Italian surrender.

I think it's time to stop faffing about with the minor and insignificant naval flotillas like France and Pan-Pacific and get Italy finished.

While German Navy possessed less surface ships then Italians, more RN ships were based in the Atlantic and the North Sea, then Mediterranean.  Sure Italian were significant threat to British interest in the Mediterranean, and they showed some skill, but by far bigger threat to RN in that theater were German and Italian air forces and submarines. All three RN capital ships lost in Mediterranean were lost due German subs. Excluding the mines, Italian Navy is responsible for sinking 5 RN cruisers, 3 by subs, 1 by motor torpedo boats and 1 by explosive motorboat. Only 5 RN destroyers were sunk in engagements with Italian ships, 1 by sub, 2 by motor torpedo boats, and only 2 in surface actions against larger ships.

HMS Mohawk was sunk by torpedo from Navigatore class destroyer Luca Tarigo, which was itself sunk by RN destroyers in the same battle.   

HMS Bedouin was sunk by the combined action of Italian cruisers Raimondo Montecuccoli and Eugenio di Savoia and an SM.79 torpedo bomber.

Number of RN DDs were sunk by Italian mines tho and number of ships were heavily damaged in other actions.

I agree that we need Italian fleet in the game and we will get it eventually but don't give them larger impact than they have it during the war. 

Players
868 posts
6,964 battles
11 minutes ago, fumtu said:

I agree that we need Italian fleet in the game and we will get it eventually but don't give them larger impact than they have it during the war. 

Good battleships, flaky cruisers, monster destroyers and one of the best anti submarine navies in WW2. Plenty to work with there. 

[TOXIC]
Players
1,113 posts
15,784 battles
5 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Good battleships, flaky cruisers, monster destroyers and one of the best anti submarine navies in WW2. Plenty to work with there. 

Monster Destroyers? Well Navigatori class was big, kind off, it is comparable by displacement to Tribal or L/M class. Soldati is only other class that could be compared to J/K/N class by displacement but not with armament, rest was smaller. Comandanti Medaglie d'Oro should be bigger if built but still very weak torpedo battery. Capitani Romani on the other hand is a class for itself. It is almost as big as Atlanta. Majority of them are fast tho.

[CR33D]
Beta Tester
569 posts
6,173 battles

i can't remember a nation who had 4 premium ships released in 2 years but not a single tech tree

but i can't remember a nation who has such a difficult way to scavenge blueprints and projects... i think everyone knows how much difficult is to enter the italian archives.

but assuming who they are working on it, and i think this is happening, we have to talk about the national traits of the italian botes, or "barche"...

and what are these traits? decent speed, agility, good concealment... but short range and inaccurate guns,  low fire chance and sub-average DPM...

these are the common traits. then we have the cruisers who are, all in all, just subpair copy of the competitors: the duca d'aosta is simply usless 90% of the times, it's not good at hunting destroyers thanks to the low dpm and light broadside. and it's even worse on dealing with everyone else. really situational, you can't simply count on it.

then we have the abruzzi, wich is an improved aosta but with a bit more dpm and heal. the heal is the only thing who make this ship a bit more confortable to play, but heal as consumable is more important for new players who for veterans, who should tend to avoid the face to face fight, where the low dpm, low fire chance and low healt pool are a severe disadvantage vs, for example, a boise, or a myoko, or a belfast (well, everything has a disadvantage vs a belfast, but this cancer is here and whe have to count it in the equation)

then, cesare and roma. cesare is the only, good, really good ship of the 4. maby too good. but there are other monsters at tier 5... like the kamikaze. that ship is simply op.

the roma, in other and, it's just an NC who stopped trusting herself. there is notthing a roma  can do who an NC can't do better, exept tankiness if angled, but tankiness is more important if you are a new player, bacause if you are taking unnecessary fire you are not playing correctly.

so... what we have here? a trash ship, an almost trash, a meh and an incredibly good. but short range and low accuracy is less important if you are at low tier. more you go up, more you need accuracy, range and HP. and... francly, i don't see this in the ships we have so far

so... when people ask for the italian ships... i'm a bit imorous to see what they can do.

[TAW]
Players
75 posts
3,634 battles

Also needed 10 and 6 point Italian Captains, as other nations have. Btw I really, really like the Abruzzi, haven't had the opportunity to get the Cesare yet tho.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,657 posts
9,231 battles

Can't wait for the Zara and the Bolzano.

Zara because Zara

Bolzano because same firepower and guns as the Zara, but with a 36knot top speed.

Gibe.
Also, give them their proper AP and SAP. 
None of that HE shell that's just an impact fuze SAP bull**** that we have now.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
1,113 posts
15,784 battles
13 minutes ago, orlathebeast said:

then, cesare and roma. cesare is the only, good, really good ship of the 4. maby too good. but there are other monsters at tier 5... like the kamikaze. that ship is simply op.

If you consider Kami OP than you should consider GC OP too. Both ship have 58% WR and both were way ahead on the rest of the pack. CG average damage is better then any T6 BB and only three BBs of T7 are better. Its average damage is even better that 6 BBs of T8.

Weekend Tester
264 posts
8,920 battles
2 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

I think it is safe to assume

No it's not safe

wake me when my precious ships are here

Spoiler

Cryo_pod_01.thumb.png.7a91403803b6579f5504f588c3134b7c.png

[BS4]
Players
714 posts
4,981 battles
2 hours ago, fallenkezef said:

I like this game for it's historical aspect.

Granted ..but not its accuracy sometimes. Looking forward to this line as well. Hope they don't make it too gimmicky,,,,:Smile_sceptic:

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts
2 hours ago, fallenkezef said:

Sorry, the Italian Navy was completely neutralised by the Royal Navy and the incredible resistance of Malta and its people, then after capitulation the Germans did a lot of damage to finish it off. While I enjoy some of the Italian ships and they look superb, to call the RM anything other than a fairly insignificant footnote in Naval history of the 20th century would be a massive exaggeration.

Admittedly the French navy did next to nothing apart from those ships that evacuated to Britain with the Dunkirk operation.

I don't know if you're aware that the Axis had the IJN and KM, both of which had vastly more impact than the Italians and trying to paint the Reggia Marina as the second most important Axis navy is an absurdity. If, as you claim, you're interested in history, may I suggest reading some books and getting a shred of a clue.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1