You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Everything You Need to Know About the Royal Navy Destroyers Collection - Discussion Thread

45 comments in this topic

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,962 posts

A permanent camouflage that looks historically plausible and not drawn up by a toddler that was given too much energy-drink and only flashy crayons. I like!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[HBS]
Players
1 post
18,860 battles

*edit  

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to wrong language.
  • Boring 1

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,259 posts
8,759 battles

Insanely underwhelming.

The collections are ok, but starting to take on the same flavour now as all the others, repetitive and unimaginative. What's the point of mounting two flags anyone? Aesthetics? For who, just the user? How about a flag with some minor perks? The containers are boring as blazes, where is the special chance item in these?

What is the point of all this again? Nah, the value I place in this type of stuff is really low. For others it's different no doubt.

• Cool 12

Players
2,747 posts
12,456 battles

" Having completed the sections of the collection, you will get a chance to mount a second flag on British destroyers, cruisers, battleships, and ships of the Commonwealth. The main rewards for completing collection are unique camouflages for Tier VII Premium destroyer Haida and Tier VIII destroyer Lightning. "

oh.....kayyyyyyyyyy.

1) I've almost finished the Lightning grind (when the camo would have been useful). Only 18k XP to go.
2) Much as I love Canada, the Commonwealth line is gimped so I won't be getting haida.
3) I'm mystified why having a second flag is so great.

So a definite "meh" to this collection. :Smile_sad:

• Cool 5

[BRAMS]
Players
64 posts
8,769 battles

In the american cruisers collection we were able to unlock both alternate camo schemes as well as double flag. I wonder why WG went with double flag only, a feature I doubt many people care that much about. Unless they're keeping that for the eventual release of the RN CV line...

• Cool 1

Players
2,233 posts
6,209 battles

I wouldn't call it "insanely underwhelming". I think the new collection is ok.

A second flag is nice and the camo for Lightning is also very nice. It actually prompted me to grind through Jervis and unlock Lightning.

It's not a great collection I think, I think something like the 2nd anniversary collection ws great. But it's nice, also because I can complete it with the standard daily crates.

The 5 to 1 exchange rate is not so great though.

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
1,960 posts
22,878 battles

I never turn free stuff down. So hey 2 extra premium camo's great!! I have both ships but haven't gotten around to buy premium camo for the Lightning (yet) save 3000 doubloons :cap_like:

• Cool 2

Players
10 posts
2,110 battles

The perma camo on Lightning looks okish. I eould prefer some late war camo on her or the Mountbatten Pink, but thats me.

But the camo on Haida:

just wondering if this isn’t the same camo comming with the ship automaticly when I’m buying her?

Players
2,747 posts
12,456 battles
1 hour ago, hgbn_dk said:

I never turn free stuff down.

If the free stuff has a value - then fine.  Maybe it might be something that you can sell if you don't want it.

But when am I ever going to play the Lightning again (good ship though it is) after I have grinded past it?

Who still wants to play tier 8 ships with the current matchmaking (apart from masochists or good players who want to challenge themselves - and I am neither)?

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
1,960 posts
22,878 battles
10 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

If the free stuff has a value - then fine.  Maybe it might be something that you can sell if you don't want it.

But when am I ever going to play the Lightning again (good ship though it is) after I have grinded past it?

Who still wants to play tier 8 ships with the current matchmaking (apart from masochists or good players who want to challenge themselves - and I am neither)?

I keep all my boats.. Just had a "action" evening going through all my 21 IJN DD's in co-op, no frustration or seal clubbing, just fun and no camping... Can only recommend it for everyone once in a while.

11 hours ago, LonesomePolecat said:

But the camo on Haida:

just wondering if this isn’t the same camo comming with the ship automaticly when I’m buying her?

If it is the camo on the picture in the article its the same. Maybe a surprise

• Cool 3

Players
19 posts

If its the Royal Navy Destroyers missions and containers then why a camo for the comonwealth Haida  and not the RN Cossack? in game it is a seperate line, but if they group them together then i agree with PeterBrooks_1

let us use RN captains in comonwealth ships and vice versa, maybe with a higher retraining cost?

11 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

I love the Tier VIII Cossack and dont mind the matchmaking sure you are never top tier ( or even seccond top ) but doesn't matter if they cant see you :D

[ITA_5]
Players
131 posts
4,523 battles
13 ore fa, LonesomePolecat ha scritto:

But the camo on Haida:

The new camo are very nice for me but please I have a question, apologize me if is not exactly the correct thread:

If I buy Haida now, how can I have, if I can have, the alternative camouflage "Maple Leaf"? In the wiki camo list it does not exist.

Players
2,747 posts
12,456 battles
33 minutes ago, sneakyscotsman said:

I love the Tier VIII Cossack and dont mind the matchmaking sure you are never top tier ( or even seccond top ) but doesn't matter if they cant see you :D

Good for you,Sir!  :Smile_honoring:

I also have the Cossack. I bought it for sentimental reasons. It was the first Airfix ship I ever made.

I have a different temperament to you though. I support fair +2/-2 matchmaking, but it drives me to rage quit when I am bottom tier over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

• Cool 1

Players
10 posts
2,110 battles
12 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

If it is the camo on the picture in the article its the same. Maybe a surprise

No surprises. Just a delay. 1940 scheme on both. Now it's all clear. thnx WG

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
1,960 posts
22,878 battles
3 minutes ago, LonesomePolecat said:

No surprises. Just a delay. 1940 scheme on both. Now it's all clear. thnx WG

Makes more sense now

[DC-DK]
Players
1,960 posts
22,878 battles
43 minutes ago, Toxoplasmosi said:

The new camo are very nice for me but please I have a question, apologize me if is not exactly the correct thread:

If I buy Haida now, how can I have, if I can have, the alternative camouflage "Maple Leaf"? In the wiki camo list it does not exist.

The wiki list is out of date. There is multiple camo's not listed there. I don't think you get it if you buy her now... It was only present in the larger bundles when released.

[ITA_5]
Players
131 posts
4,523 battles
6 minuti fa, hgbn_dk ha scritto:

The wiki list is out of date. There is multiple camo's not listed there. I don't think you get it if you buy her now... It was only present in the larger bundles when released.

Ok thak you very much for answer :-)

[BITAM]
[BITAM]
Players
19 posts
18,368 battles

Camo for haida end lait pfffffffffffffffffff I have daring 

Lait is bulset ship no pay for haida 

Daring is perfect ship 

*edit   gift

• Bad 1

[DC-DK]
Players
1,960 posts
22,878 battles
15 hours ago, panos_abarth said:

Daring is perfect ship 

*edit   gift

Turn off that panos!! Then you don't have to yell

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,637 posts
6,860 battles
On 11/13/2018 at 5:19 PM, Shaka_D said:

Insanely underwhelming.

The collections are ok, but starting to take on the same flavour now as all the others, repetitive and unimaginative. What's the point of mounting two flags anyone? Aesthetics? For who, just the user? How about a flag with some minor perks? The containers are boring as blazes, where is the special chance item in these?

What is the point of all this again? Nah, the value I place in this type of stuff is really low. For others it's different no doubt.

I like having two flags. I know they don't matter to you but you're not everyone.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ITA_5]
Players
131 posts
4,523 battles
15 hours ago, panos_abarth said:

Daring is perfect ship 

*edit   gift

Ok Ok.. ! Understood... not necessary to be so "screaming"... LOL :Smile_veryhappy:

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,259 posts
8,759 battles
13 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

I like having two flags. I know they don't matter to you but you're not everyone.

Explain to me where in my post I assumed 'everyone' feels the same as me? Further, I asked why anyone would want two flags, beyond just a 'because I like it' response. Surely there is motivation of some sort or is it purely a subjective aesthetic?

[UNICS]
Players
1,129 posts
14,505 battles

nice , as I fell in love with the lightning <3