Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FearsomeFlotsam

Mechanism to stop accidental use of doubloons

54 comments in this topic

Players
204 posts

I just got bitten again by the mechanism for auto-resupplying things with doubloons. This time it was for a camo I've never had before, which I got a pile of and didn't notice that the auto-resupply would be in doubloons until I'd eaten a few of them. 

It's pretty annoying to have to check through everything every time I do a new setup to see if anything will auto--resupply with doubloons.

Is there some mechanism to tick to say "All my doubloons are off limits and I don't want to use them"?

• Cool 7

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,034 battles
10 minutes ago, DangerousDave2k said:

I just got bitten again by the mechanism for auto-resupplying things with doubloons.

So you do know...

10 minutes ago, DangerousDave2k said:

Is there some mechanism to tick to say "All my doubloons are off limits and I don't want to use them"?

Not so far, and you know that already.

Why dont you try and think about what you are doing when you are doing it? It shows on the camo screen, the currency that will be used on reload after a battle, guess looking at the screen is too much too? I dont think WG can develop anything to fix that.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 4

Players
204 posts

Predictable for you to say it's my fault. People don't always want to have to pay that kind of attention when they're playing a game. It would be more player friendly to have a setting to safeguard doubloons.

• Cool 8

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

It just Juanx, he's like that :Smile_veryhappy:

There was talk of making the option to use doubloons "non-ticked" as a default a few patches back, so when you add a new camo/signal/consumable you would to actively click £yes, use in-game currency" to prevent things like your issue.

• Funny 1

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,928 battles
Vor 40 Minuten, DangerousDave2k sagte:

Predictable for you to say it's my fault. People don't always want to have to pay that kind of attention when they're playing a game. It would be more player friendly to have a setting to safeguard doubloons.

Pay attention or pay doubloons, it's your choice ;)

• Cool 3

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

1) It is your fault

2) You spend your gold on something you didn't want to spend it on = you have to buy more gold to get whatever you wanted in the 1st place. That's profitable

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Tester
226 posts
9,653 battles

I just did the same, accidentally purchased one or two camos for 125 gold because resupply defaults to "use ingame currency".

While I'm not saying WG intentionally made it easy to spend gold accidentally, it's pretty clear by now that they intentionally avoid fixing the issue since it is easy to fix, but nothing has been done, and it's been like this for a while now. Pretty disgusting business practice if you ask me...

• Funny 1

Players
204 posts
22 minutes ago, MixuS said:

I just did the same, accidentally purchased one or two camos for 125 gold because resupply defaults to "use ingame currency".

While I'm not saying WG intentionally made it easy to spend gold accidentally, it's pretty clear by now that they intentionally avoid fixing the issue since it is easy to fix, but nothing has been done, and it's been like this for a while now. Pretty disgusting business practice if you ask me...

Agreed. This is poor customer relations IMO. Fair enough enticing people to fritter away their cash on questionable things by choice, but not fixing a mechanic that is regularly ACCIDENTALLY fleecing people is not really acceptable.

• Boring 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,594 battles

How about just using your eyes and double check that tick boxes is how they should be?? You can't blame WG for not using your sight..

• Cool 1

Players
204 posts
4 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

How about just using your eyes and double check that tick boxes is how they should be?? You can't blame WG for not using your sight..

How about you find some other thread to troll.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,594 battles

Who is trolling??? If you can't stand reading the truth then stop posting yourself....

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
204 posts

No, your post totally fails to engage with the point (which is that WG could improve this genuine issue by making some simple changes), and is also insulting since you imply that I lack the capacity to think of using my eyes to check things (?????????).

But if we're going into the truth, perhaps you can tell me the truth about what mental condition leads some people to make a hobby out of going onto forums to tell people that their issues aren't really issues? It's always the same old people saying the same old things: "HAW maybe you wouldn't have this problem if you stopped being a dumbass! Did you think of that?" *smug face*

• Cool 2

[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,594 battles

Yeah whatever... I'm not the one who ask the whole world to do the thinking for me.. If I screw up its my own fault and take the consequences of my action, then I have gotten a lesson in being more observant in the future.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
204 posts

You do realise this is a forum, right? I don't know what you're doing here if you don't like the concept of people having problems or not knowing the answers to things.

Well actually I do (see above).

• Funny 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,594 battles

Don't post on the forum if you don't like the responses... Each of my posts in this thread has been correct, objective and truthful. And the first thing you do is calling me a troll. rest my case

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,840 posts
6,887 battles

In world of tanks, there is a mod that gives little locks that you can toggle next to gold and free xp, it was a nice little useful mod. Might be something like it for wows

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
6,571 posts
15,045 battles

Whilst you can (arguably) make a case that it's the user's own silly fault for not checking everything twice, I do think that WG should have fixed this ages ago too.

I get that they don't want to because it makes them some extra money (even a small amount is probably worthwhile); on the other hand, it pi$$es enough people off that this thread (or similar) subject turns up every few months with regularity (and annoying your paying customers is not usually wise), not to mention that when you take the time to check properly, you aren't playing the game - harming population numbers.

Edit: there should be a master 'default' set of options: use silver (on/off), use doubloons (on/off), and/or both (on/off); any differences to your defaults would then need to be set manually, as at present.

• Cool 2

[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,594 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Whilst you can (arguably) make a case that it's the user's own silly fault for not checking everything twice, I do think that WG should have fixed this ages ago too.

I get that they don't want to because it makes them some extra money (even a small amount is probably worthwhile); on the other hand, it pi$$es enough people off that this thread (or similar) subject turns up every few months with regularity (and annoying your paying customers is not usually wise), not to mention that when you take the time to check properly, you aren't playing the game - harming population numbers.

They actually did... Default value for consumables is in credits... The only stuff left is doubloon exclusive related stuff as some special camo's and economic signals.  

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,571 posts
15,045 battles
1 minute ago, hgbn_dk said:

They actually did... Default value for consumables is in credits... The only stuff left is doubloon exclusive related stuff as some special camo's and economic signals.  

You could make a case that this made it worse: you only need to check for a few things, and only on new ships (I have something like 150-odd ships, so only have to check a small percentage on first use), making it easier for the odd oversight to slip through.

We old lags all know this (although the occasional silly still happens - clearly); it's the newbies' experience that I think it harms the most - what sort of opinion is a new player going to take away, if they're nickle & dimed like this?

[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,594 battles

It can happen to everyone... Can't say I'm perfectly innocent myself in that department. But basically it was just a lesson learned and taught me to be more aware. Some people learns from their mistakes and some blame everyone else.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,571 posts
15,045 battles
16 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Some people learns from their mistakes and some blame everyone else.

Very true, but it isn't great optics for a (mainly) newbie mistake to be punished financially; this is what the current arrangement essentially is.

I personally don't mess up that often in this respect, but I (usually) have a pretty good eye for detail - it's kind of my job. Not everyone is that OCD though, and I would rather have a healthy game (and player base) than score a few smug points because I bother to check my ship set-up properly.

For most of us on here it's a minor annoyance, at most; I just think that the overall benefit to WG of fixing it would outweigh the (relatively minor) costs.

[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,594 battles

Think resources is better spent somewhere else to be honest. But that is just my personal opinion .. Most newbies is freebies anyway.

[BAD-A]
Players
644 posts
9,368 battles

It's a little disingenious - it says resupply for in game currency at the bottom - there are two currencies!  We should have an option to resupply where it costs silver but not gold.

Thankfully I've always assumed that it meant gold and not credits but I would be annoyed if I missed it one time...

[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,594 battles
5 minutes ago, MyopicHedgehog said:

It's a little disingenious - it says resupply for in game currency at the bottom - there are two currencies!  We should have an option to resupply where it costs silver but not gold.

Thankfully I've always assumed that it meant gold and not credits but I would be annoyed if I missed it one time...

You're safe selecting resupplying anything that dosen't have a doubloon icon with a price below it...

Sign in to follow this