Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OldPappy

4:th skill RN BB-line

21 comments in this topic

[GW_KR]
Players
314 posts
14,712 battles

Working my way up the RN bb line. Got 4 skillpoints to spend. My captain has EL, EM and SI. Intend this captain to move up along the tiers. Right now I have QE but I suspect the requirements change from KGV and up?!

Grateful for advice. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles

CE followed by FP.
FP is arguably weaker on RN BBs compared to all other BBs, but the node reduction alone makes it worth it in my opinion.

• Cool 1

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
739 posts
14,941 battles

Some pick IFHE...:Smile_amazed:....but CE ofcourse.

Fire Prevention? With the RN superheal I don't care that much about fire damage.

• Cool 1

Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles

I take CE and AFT.  Bring those short/Medium range AA can be the difference to life and death regarding CV's.  Also helps the secondaries too which are poor but something. 

Tiers 6-7-8 is still CV territory so it all helps.

Don't find FP that great as already mentioned.  Plus the zombie heals too. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles
18 minutes ago, OldPappy said:

CE it is then!

Thank you for such prompt advice!

cheers!!

CE for most Battleships to be honest.  Until the concealment gets changed which it's going to. 

Players
4,391 posts
12,087 battles

CE is a good choice. However Fire prevention is also not bad. You haven't reached the ship printing upgrade yet (Tier IX and X). So that 1 fire less could mean a "life saver" as well.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,218 posts
9,841 battles

I use FP on my Nelson/DoY/KGV (currently) captain.

As for nelson, you become immune to fires, so they get lucky and start 2... big deal. While otherwise they might get 3 then it starts to become a bigdeal.

Dont even know what else to take instead of FP?

If you go along the lines EL/EM/AR/SI/FP/CE = 16 points, then i guess id take JoaT (because jack dunkirk) and PT.

What else to take for the 4 points for FP?

But definetely CE before FP.

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,469 battles

I use Fire Prevention + Concealment on my Conqueror. Beleive me if a Worchester and a Haragumo starts farming you and you dont have these skills, its going to be ugly superheal or not...

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
243 posts
8,501 battles

Using this build for Jack Dunkirk and it's working out fine:

1. Expert loader, priority target

2. expert marksman, jack of all trades

3. basics of survivability, superintendent

4. concealment expert, advanced firing training

With BoS, damage control system mod 2., relevant signals and JoaT, fires are a really trivial issue, especially with RN heal, so I went with AFT. You could substitute it with adrenaline rush and put the last 2 into whatever you want. Also picked AFT because I feel like picking lower tier skills leaves you with points that you don't really have anything to put into.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,113 battles
11 minutes ago, kfa said:

I use Fire Prevention + Concealment on my Conqueror. Beleive me if a Worchester and a Haragumo starts farming you and you dont have these skills, its going to be ugly superheal or not...

if those two "start farming you", you already messed up and deserve to be in trouble. And FP doesnt actually make much of a difference - fires are the least of your problems when those two start shooting a ship coated in 32mm plating everywhere.

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

I tend to play Nelson/Conq with a 19 pointer I did go FP first but if I was doing it again I'd probably of gone CE first.

I know some folks swear by IFHE for the KGV

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,426 posts
14,123 battles

CE As first tier 4 skill for all ships. Except perhaps Some cruisers that need IFHE more.

i still haven’t specced fire prevention on any ship. Even my GK rarely has two or more fires without a repair available. 

[GW_KR]
Players
314 posts
14,712 battles
1 hour ago, 159Hunter said:

You need skill to play RN BB ? :cap_hmm:

If so, I am in trouble!!😳

• Funny 1

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,469 battles
2 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

if those two "start farming you", you already messed up and deserve to be in trouble. And FP doesnt actually make much of a difference - fires are the least of your problems when those two start shooting a ship coated in 32mm plating everywhere.

There is not much else useful for 4 points. Secondary, RPF is useless. AA? 9 out of 10 game it is useless, and the remaining 1 time it wont be enough against a tier10 CV.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
4 hours ago, OldPappy said:

EL

Drop it. A 100% waste of points. 15s is so long it's completely pointless to switch it like that, just fire whatever you already have and then switch to whatever you think you'll need.

There are just 5 cases in the whole game where EL is a good choice on a BB - 3x US special captains, Scharnhorst and Republic if you have the reload mod / legendary mod on her. Not a single one more

4 hours ago, OldPappy said:

Got 4 skillpoints to spend.

This is ALWAYS concealment. Well, always unless you are doing some magical AA / Secondary build where you simply don't have enough points for CE.

Next 4 will be Fire Prevention. You could go something like AFT for better AA, but your AA will die with the 1st HE salvo you receive so that would be completely pointless.

Then - whatever your build asks for, but your Lion and Conq will want the "Jack of all Trades" because of how ridiculously long the heals cooldown is

[GW_KR]
Players
314 posts
14,712 battles

Thank you!

And I have EL on all my bb captains!😬

(Dare I confess that I even have a 12pt captain on my Farragut without CE!?)

But I appreciate your breakdown answer!

Learning is a painful process...😌

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,652 posts
9,333 battles
On 11/12/2018 at 12:40 PM, Lieut_Gruber said:

Some pick IFHE...:Smile_amazed:....but CE ofcourse.

Fire Prevention? With the RN superheal I don't care that much about fire damage.

I did, but is is because the AP on KGV is severely lacking. The caliber is just really small.

I have the same captain now on Monarch, IFHE doesn't give the same rewards it did as on KGV. 

Might be 'confirmation bias' but I was really chuffed with it. That said, might also dump it when I respec the captain.

It is also related to the playstyle, I never camp, I go forward with my mates as I usually play in a division.

CE wouldn't do me much good. Would/will take AFT, much better for my playstyle.

BTW wishing you luck in that KGV. It is a lot different than QE. Some people do good in KGV but not me.

I like to get close and blast them in two, but forget that.