Sign in to follow this  
Exmortus100

Thanks for wasting my time

10 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
1,557 battles

I wanted to return to WoW after some time off, so I go into steam and download the 22gb client but oh no. The account I was playing before was not through steam.

So I think, ok my fault. I don't remember that I was playing through wargamings client. No problem I just wasted some time for nothing but it was my fault.

Next I google World of warships and download the wargaming client so I start to download the 22gb game again while the client asks me for my login credentials which i provide and proceeds to display my account name with the letters EU on the top left. But wait there is more.

After I download the game AGAIN and I hit play I get the message that I need an NA account to play on the NA server. But what the hell. I didn't choose any NA option.

So okay I think were should the button to change servers be at? Wait there isn't one.

I turns out I need to download the EU client.

So i proceed to google World of warships EU this time, go to the EU website download the EU client and try to point it at the WoW install folder. I figured it would just update a couple of files and be done but no.

It has to download everything again...

Are you serious wargaming?

Your client download/server client system is crap and you should feel bad for wasting players time like that.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,931 posts
10,113 battles
7 minutes ago, Exmortus100 said:

The account I was playing before was not through steam.

So I think, ok my fault. I don't remember that I was playing through wargamings client. No problem I just wasted some time for nothing but it was my fault.

You could also just ... you know..... Google if there's a way to play with your old account through steam (hint: there is)

After I download the game AGAIN and I hit play I get the message that I need an NA account to play on the NA server. But what the hell. I didn't choose any NA option.

So okay I think were should the button to change servers be at? Wait there isn't one.

I turns out I need to download the EU client.

If you downloaded an NA client, that's your own fault.....again. (and yes, there are ways to change servers, but then you'd have to use google, so. Guess that's out of the question)

Your client download/server client system is crap

Fair enough, I'll give you that one

you should feel bad for wasting players time like that

You could also just use google. If you made this many mistakes in one sitting, it could be a problem with you, not the game.

[CATS]
Players
29,734 posts
15,317 battles

One could just look at what one is downloading.

Downloading exe files from the internet without knowing where you are and what you are downloading is a VERY bad idea. Just look at what is displayed on your screen.

Players
3 posts
1,557 battles
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Just look at what is displayed on your screen.

As I wrote. What was displaying on my screen was my name with the letters EU on a red box on the top left.

Players
3 posts
1,557 battles

Can you elaborate as to how to check before downloading the game if I'm downloading the Eu or the NA client. The only way I can see is through the url address worldofwarships.com instead of worldofwarships.eu. which it's not immediately obvious nor is it reasonable to check. And even if you did check the .com extension again does not suggest that it's NA only.

Also before typing this paragraph I went to worldofwarships.com and tried to download the NA client again but this time a message poped up and it did recognize my location and suggested to switch to european site. Also it asked for an account to be created or login with my existing one which it does not accept, probably because it's a EU one.

So none of this happened the first time.

The first time I just clicked on play game and the big orange button to download the client and that was it.

Well it seems like the wasting of peoples time is deliberate and not just bad design.

[CATS]
Players
29,734 posts
15,317 battles
1 minute ago, Exmortus100 said:

Can you elaborate as to how to check before downloading the game if I'm downloading the Eu or the NA client. The only way I can see is through the url address worldofwarships.com instead of worldofwarships.eu. which it's not immediately obvious nor is it reasonable to check. And even if you did check the .com extension again does not suggest that it's NA only.

Also before typing this paragraph I went to worldofwarships.com and tried to download the NA client again but this time a message poped up and it did recognize my location and suggested to switch to european site. Also it asked for an account to be created or login with my existing one which it does not accept, probably because it's a EU one.

So none of this happened the first time.

The first time I just clicked on play game and the big orange button to download the client and that was it.

Well it seems like the wasting of peoples time is deliberate and not just bad design.

.com is a worldwide adress ending. If you download from there you have to make sure that it is for your region.

When the file is named world_of_warships_install_na_....exe I would not be so sure.

Btw. if it is by design, why do other people manage to do it right? I never downloaded the NA client.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,931 posts
10,113 battles

Also, everytime I've visited the NA or asian version of wows, a window jumped up saying if I'd like to change the region....doesn't get any clearer

Players
907 posts
6,026 battles

just be glad you arent on sky broadbend. those ********* throttled the connection every time they saw torrent traffic. and soft ball accuse you of pirating wows when you phone to complain about the throttling.

• Funny 1

[WTFNO]
Players
136 posts

Yeah, ISPs still don't understand that bittorrent is just a technology and legitimate businesses use it to distribute software. Also, I'm not sure what the fuss is all about, it's only 20 GB.

Sign in to follow this