Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dirty_Dunc

Bad Destroyer (DD) PLayers

75 comments in this topic

[MAD4T]
Players
77 posts
11,796 battles

I'm sick to the back teeth of high tier / Tier 10 destroyers playing badly and throwing games right from the the outset by :

1. Not attempting to cap or going everywhere but the cap circle, even when the enemy is clearly at the other end of the map. 

2. All DD's going to one cap and then wondering why the game was lost on points.

3. Asking why Battleshsips and Cruisers dont blindly enter caps at the start of a match to '"support" them.

4. Suiciding at the start of the game leaving the rest of the team to be blindly picked off for the next 15 minutes.  This is especially excruiating when there are four or five dd's per side and yours are all dead.

5. Launching torpedoes from behind team mates and then accusing everyone else of 'camping'.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 2

[ONE2]
Players
3,144 posts
23,878 battles

True, but then what's new mate? :cap_wander_2::etc_swear::Smile-angry:

But of course, po-tatering is not particularly DD-specific feature, you know. There is an ample supply of bad players such as this playing every tier in each type of ship in this and many other multiplayer game(s). Can't do much abbouttiit, except to make sure we won't be the ones to screw up first and doing our own best after that. :cap_horn:

And failing that, oh well just making sure that at the least we ain't gonna potato TOO often ourselves would be fair enough too. :Smile_glasses:

Then psych up and try the same sh*it all over again... :Smile_izmena::cap_viking::fish_viking::cap_rambo:

Players
1,003 posts
23,161 battles

Experiance in Hightier DD Gameplay yourself? DDs should: Of course Cap. Dont die. Kill Red DDs. Spot everywhere, a BB Bob needs it. 

Why dont you try it yourself? Or have you? Results?

• Cool 3

[CHEFT]
Players
12,216 posts
9,841 battles
8 minutes ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

3. Asking why Battleshsips and Cruisers dont blindly enter caps at the start of a match to '"support" them.

They flame you even when you literally sit next to them and support them, while they die to their own stupidity. They dont understand that enemies have free will to shoot what they want, its not like making yourself as a target in a BB will guarantee the enemy will shoot you aswell. But thats ofc too complex for average WoWs potato. :cap_old:

[POP]
Players
663 posts
13,029 battles

OP has all the hallmarks for being in a path to becoming a glorious BB Kevin.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6

Players
35 posts
4,630 battles
27 minutes ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

Something, something, rant...

Come in, come in, don't be shy :fish_happy:

Take a seat.

Telll us about yourself OP,  what and how do you play :fish_aqua:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,144 posts
23,878 battles
On 11/9/2018 at 11:36 AM, BurningPoop said:

Please take a seat.

Telll us about yourself OP, what and how do you play :)

-> 50% BB player, some 3500 games played. 51+% WR stats, hoping feverishly to improve but ALAS suffering from a recent losing streak apparently attributable to uncooperative DD's. :Smile_smile:

• Funny 4

[SUSHI]
Players
11 posts
8,533 battles

I get told I'm doing something wrong about every single T10 game in a DD. Mostly by people who never drive DD's. I would like a button to shut of my spotting and see if it counteracts excessive salting. ;-)

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[POP]
Players
663 posts
13,029 battles
4 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

-> 50% BB, some 3500 games played. 51+% stats, hoping feverishly to improve but ALAS suffering from a recent losing streak attributable to DD's apparently. :Smile_smile:

His clan median is little under 1000 games and 48% WR. Would bet he isn't too far off from that.

[RNSF]
Players
1,401 posts
16,607 battles

Yesterday, I made just one game in my Gearing... 

We won, i have done 5k dmg and got like 1200 base exp. The entire game for me was spotting and chasing enemy DDs (with RPF) and spotting torps and smoking 1 CA, 1CL and 1 BB that closely supported me.

Conclusion: if everyone doing their role you will most likely win, but you will be rewarded with "Meh" 

The problem is that the current reward system that we have promotes DD, CA and BB players to not do their job. 

• Cool 11

Players
35 posts
4,630 battles
10 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

50% BB, some 3500 games played. 51+% stats, hoping feverishly to improve bu ALAS suffering from a recent losing streak attributable to DD's apparently. :Smile_smile:

Sounds suspiciously similar to mine.

I take a break from Wows when getting too frustrated with my teammates or/and realise that I was eating too much glue myself (loose due to "reasons" over a weeks period).

There are also methods for more devoted players like : watching streamers, your own battle replays, wikia, etc., but meh, ain't nobody got time for that.

• Cool 1

[SUSHI]
Players
11 posts
8,533 battles

Agree...see my comment about being able to show what we are doing. Its not just spotting. Sometimes its decoying or lighting up to draw heat, or disrupting something. Or just being unable to do more, lack of support or lack of power or right DD type to do something.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,216 posts
9,841 battles
49 minutes ago, Altsak said:

OP has all the hallmarks for a path to becoming a glorious BB Kevin.

So you are saying his points arent reality? :cap_hmm:

Picking on BB players is fine and accepted, but how dare anyone ever say that a DD is playing badly right? Its funny how literally the same ppl can get flamed for playing BB, yet when they play DD they become heros even when screwing up :Smile_trollface:

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
1 hour ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

1. Not attempting to cap or going everywhere but the cap circle, even when the enemy is clearly at the other end of the map. 

Ok, I agree that this would be playing badly. But depending on the number of DDs in the match, one DD flanking the enemy to spot and torp them from behind isn't necessarily the worst choice to make.

All DD's going to one cap and then wondering why the game was lost on points.

The game runs for a while. If no other point is captured while the points are climbing, then this is not the fault of the DDs alone. Where are the battleships and cruisers pushing for those points with the DDs? Why did those camp at this single cap zone with the DDs, or why are they in no position to be a threat to the others?

Asking why Battleshsips and Cruisers dont blindly enter caps at the start of a match to '"support" them.

Usually, the DDs asking for close range support are still in the front line ahead of the BBs. But let me ask you: What actually are you doing in your BB at the start of the battle? Searching for a good hiding spot?

The side that can provide more firepower support to their DDs, without obstacles like islands in the way, is usually the one that blows the other teams DDs out of the water.

Suiciding at the start of the game leaving the rest of the team to be blindly picked off for the next 15 minutes.  This is especially excruiating when there are four or five dd's per side and yours are all dead.

You should ask yourself: Did they die because they tried to cap early, an action you are demanding right here, and were killed by superior firepower once they encountered the enemies DDs (and their support), or did they actually do something stupid like parking broadside in smoke awaiting incoming torps? If it isn't a stupid action like the later, my above reply once again applies.

Launching torpedoes from behind team mates and then accusing everyone else of 'camping'.

This is situational. I have seen that right from the start of the battle. Those are actual incompetent teammates. I have also seen it after 5+ minutes when the supporting fleet didn't bother to move out of their cover behind some islands or if they are not moving closer then 10 kilometers to the nearest cap border. In this case it is an understandable reaction to missing support.

Also, not all DDs are the same. You can't demand that a Khabarovsk caps by her lone self. She is as easily spotted as a cruiser and an easy target if she remains in one confined place.

Please try to play DDs yourself. See how they have to carry all the responsibility other players push on them (cap, spot, kill everything) and try to fullfill those expectations all by your lonesome self. Then come back once you failed miserably and open your next complaint thread.

• Cool 6

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
605 posts
5,158 battles

I'm sick to the back teeth of high tier / Tier 10 destroyers playing badly and throwing games right from the the outset by :

2. All DD's going to one cap and then wondering why the game was lost on points.

4. Suiciding at the start of the game leaving the rest of the team to be blindly picked off for the next 15 minutes.  This is especially excruiating when there are four or five dd's per side and yours are all dead.

5. Launching torpedoes from behind team mates and then accusing everyone else of 'camping'.

You realise much of the above is contradicting itself right ??

- If you don't go cap ... you get yelled at (see 1)

- If you do go cap but you get killed fast because 3 enemy DD's went there hunting for you with radar backup.... you get yelled at ( see 4)

- If you all go to one cap to hunt the enemy DD ... you get yelled at (see 2)

Oh and if you do this, you're also not allowed to ask for backup (see 3)

Your 5th point is actually valid... second line torping is inexcusable.

But lately I've seen a lot of flak towards the destroyers from people who have no idea how to DD .....

The DD meta has changed quite a bit with the high amount of radars and 'hunter killer DDs' in the games lately.

If you keep loosing "because of stupid DD's" you might need to ask yourself what you are doing to support or help them?

• Cool 9

[_IRN_]
[_IRN_]
Players
38 posts
15,893 battles

seriusly!? you are talking about bad DDs players by an useless post on forum, and then your stats are hided?!
guys stop answering him, it is a waste of time and he is probably worst then the DDs he is talking about.
have fun

• Cool 1

[SUSHI]
Players
11 posts
8,533 battles

Its actually gotten to the point where on a few games I've been so salted for "not performing" that I've just left the field of play and gone to GL 0. Which is really unfair on other players, but it can be like 3 persons in a match all salting on one. Which is pretty unacceptable. Going Gl0 is the only way left to me to me. I've done that 3 times now. After super saltongs for not getting in caps, when its instant death for me, with like 2 OPFOR Cleveland's hunkered down.

Players
35 posts
4,630 battles
19 minutes ago, jaylan93 said:

it can be like 3 persons in a match all salting on one. Which is pretty unacceptable. Going Gl0 is the only way left to me to me. I've done that 3 times now.

Congrats, you have started to play a very stupid game within Wows, continue on this road and you will get a stupid prize.  

I do not mean any harm to you, but if you start sabotaging games for everyone else just because you got offended by several individuals in your team, well pvp is definitely not for you.

Edit:

"I'm asleep." - My bad? - yes, being bored/tired to this point is very bad, especially for oneself.

"I don't know where to go. AB or C?" My bad? - at high tier or competetive modes - yes! Positioning + communication is very important, but comes with experience and paying attention to a minimap.

• Cool 2

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
739 posts
14,934 battles

OP needs DD's to fight for caps, so he can sit longer in the back to farm damage. Without caps, his farm time is shorter.

• Cool 5

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,436 posts
7,103 battles

I can play DD and for 1,000 doubloons per battle Ill cap, spot for you,  and kill DDs, cruisers and BB’s. Experience mechanisms don’t really reward me so...

Joking regarding the dubs ofc.

Players
103 posts
1,279 battles
1 hour ago, BurningPoop said:

Come in, come in, don't be shy :fish_happy:

Take a seat.

Telll us about yourself OP,  what and how do you play :fish_aqua:

31 minutes ago, FIow3rPow3r said:

seriusly!? you are talking about bad DDs players by an useless post on forum, and then your stats are hided?!
guys stop answering him, it is a waste of time and he is probably worst then the DDs he is talking about.
have fun

27 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

@Dirty_Dunc hidden stats? I wonder :Smile_sceptic:

I just want to know one thing, OP. What's your favourite cheese?

RxtaTMp.gif

• Funny 1

[NEXT]
Players
5,688 posts
11,574 battles

Complaining about bad players never make sense, because there are always bad players, no matter how good they are.

If all bad players with lower winrate than 55% would dissapear, than the average good players will become the "bad players" and unicum will complain about the the "bad players"

If only the 20 best players of the world would play this game, than there will be one of them worse than the other, and the better players could complain about the worst player.. There will be always bad players. Maybe some people are bothered about your gameplay as well? :cap_cool:

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this