You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
iJoby

[PSA] New Policy for "Premium Ship Restoration" Time Limit Removed.

31 comments in this topic

[WGB]
Players
2,096 posts
26,566 battles

This post is a must-read for anyone who wishes to reclaim any premium ship ever sold in-game. A big thanks to @MrFingers for this post.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/9vidaq/psa_policy_for_premium_ship_restoration_got/

Previously there was a pretty big discrepancy between servers in terms of requirements to get a reversal of a selling (accidental or not) of a premium ship. On EU only actions from the last 2 months could be looked at, one had to have played a battle in a ship (proving "active ownership") and there was only one clemency per account, ever. On ASIA only actions from the last 12 months could be looked at, with again only one clemency per account, ever. NA on the other hand had 4 clemencies per year, with 5 ships per clemency, but required "active ownership" and could only look into actions in the running calendar year.

This now all got reworked since November 1st, and got harmonised across the globe. Now it boils down to:

• 1 request every 6 months, but one can add as many ships in 1 request without any limit (you can file 1 request with 20 ships, but not 2 requests with 2 ships, unless the 2nd request happens 6 months after the first one)
  • one has to have the credits & port slot readily available, or the doubloons in case of Perth, Belfast or Kutuzov that got sold during the smoke-rework.

That's it. There is no time limit any more during which one had to apply for a clemency. You can now restore (deliberate) mind f***s/errors regardless of when those happened. So CAT/CBT testers who sold their Iwaki/Arkansas in the early days now, in theory, can get them back. I've tried it yesterday to get the Belfast back I sold during the smoke-changes, and after having to escalate an automated bot-response with the link to the article, I got credited with the ship without an issue. Also, event-ships like the ARP-ones fall under this policy.

File a ticket with support: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/8583/8584/

EU: click
ASIA: click
NA: click

All credit goes to @MrFingers 

• Cool 16

[DAVY]
Players
1,596 posts
9,511 battles

i wrote to support last night at 19:30 (having read this info on the forum) asking to have my Belfast restored (i sold it back to WG during the smoke nerf) and by 21:45 i had a message back saying it was in my port waiting :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,121 posts
17,650 battles

Why did u sell premium ships? :Smile_amazed:

I even still have Albany or Eden... :Smile_child:

[-TXG-]
Players
2,442 posts

cheers ijoby........7 applied for, all crap ones but stops me getting them in christmas boxes I suppose (where I got them in the first place). Only played a few times in coop and at least 2 more not applied for that I never played.  :Smile_Default:

Players
1,373 posts
5,380 battles

I went through my "Inventory" looking at the Type 9 Premium Camos I have and matching them to ships I don't have any more and I've got six low tier ships, a T5, T6 and a T7 I've sold!!!

• Mikasa
  • Emden
  • Tachibana
  • Konig Albert
  • Vampire
  • Campbeltown
  • Marblehead
  • Arizona
  • Hood

So I've asked for those back (no Idea why I sold these!) and used the "In-Game Goods" part of Customer Services to request the Premium Ship Restoration.

Players
406 posts
2,704 battles

Good to know. I once sold my my Nikolai. If I ever decide to go Russian I always can get it back.  

But how do you know you have enough credits for that ship?

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,083 posts
3,841 battles
6 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

But how do you know you have enough credits for that ship?

Look up doubloon price here, multiply by 1500

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,461 posts
6,627 battles

Yup...I restored one of my premiums about 3 weeks ago...it made me so happy

Players
173 posts
8,789 battles

I was young and stupid, I have to try if they will give me Gremy and Arkansas Beta back :D I will not play them, but hey, I miss them a lot :D

• Cool 1

Players
406 posts
2,704 battles

In the long run. Wouldn't it be beter to make it a permanent feature of the game if there gonna be no more limits? Once bought the ships would stay visible in the tech-tree where you can buy those ships back? Or maybe a new  tab in inventory?  A tab with all your ships ever bought.

If support gonna do this manually for each player it's gonna take time and money. A lot of money. It isn't really cost effective. It isn't like WG gets more really money if they do this. Then why do it over and over again?

It isn't like I really want that ship back...but if they give me the possibility...maybe why not

It isn't really illogical that you always can get a paid ship back;

• Cool 2

[-TXG-]
Players
2,442 posts
3 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

cheers ijoby........7 applied for, all crap ones but stops me getting them in christmas boxes I suppose (where I got them in the first place). Only played a few times in coop and at least 2 more not applied for that I never played.  :Smile_Default:

And 3 hours later, all restored...good, fast job WG :Smile_Default:

Players
1,373 posts
5,380 battles

Wow, it looks like WG need to read their own rules again so I'm surprised that I'm going to have to point them to the new rules - Asked for 9 ships got told only 5 can be done every 6 months.

Untitled.thumb.png.a28043302e91cef909abf5d5bfb21e54.png

@MrConway  - it might be an idea to inform your customer service staff when something like this changes!

[CR-S]
Players
396 posts
19,368 battles
3 hours ago, 22cm said:

Why did u sell premium ships? :Smile_amazed:

Honestly, that´s a good question. And i myself wondered why anyone would ever sell...

But then i got the Krasny Krim. Aaaand i sold it after trying for a while. I am a cruiser-main but since the KK i understand that someone can´t make a certain ship work at all :fish_boom:

Players
406 posts
2,704 battles
1 minute ago, drmajga said:

Honestly, that´s a good question. And i myself wondered why anyone would ever sell...

But then i got the Krasny Krim. Aaaand i sold it after trying for a while. I am a cruiser-main but since the KK i understand that someone can´t make a certain ship work at all :fish_boom:

The old Krim had a detection circle bigger than the what the canons could ever hit so far that I can remember. Which meant that a ship (in a 1 vs 1) detected you and you could hit him with your guns

That's isn't anymore. made the ship much better. 

[CR-S]
Players
396 posts
19,368 battles
1 minute ago, FooFaFie said:

The old Krim had a detection circle bigger than the what the canons could ever hit

indeed, that was part of the problem. The Ishizuchi had the same issue, but at least it had armor :cap_viking:

2 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

That's isn't anymore. made the ship much better. 

So? :cap_hmm: I might reclaim it then, because the weird boat was quite fun.

[BYOB]
Players
3,462 posts
12,349 battles

Although I never sold or will sell a premium ship, I think that this is awesome. Especially for those who sold a rare premium like the Arkansas.

@Sehales & WG thanks for the change!

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,121 posts
17,650 battles
1 hour ago, drmajga said:

I got to Rank 1 in KK....

• Cool 1