You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Griva

Jean Bart - congratulations WG

25 comments in this topic

Players
387 posts
12,674 battles

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-deals/premium-shop-november-2018/#jean-bart

You (WG) stated/promised (or whatever) that "Tier IX and X ships won't be available for purchase" directly by real money. You made whole concept of tier IX free exp ships where it's possible to pay but not directly (you need first exp to convert) just to break it now  ?

Congratulations! :cap_like:

I know WG is company and they crave money more than anyone else but would be nice to not to break your own concepts

• Cool 2
  • Boring 8

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles

Why didn't you use one of the many already existing threads about that exact same topic? Why would you need an own thread about your opinion?

Also that picture is really not cool.

What is it about the younger generations these past years using autism as meme? (maybe you aren't but thats where it came from)

Though I must say this description :

Spoiler

A Richelieu-class French battleship placed at Tier IX. Compared with many of her "peers", Jean Bart carries fewer main guns and those guns also come with a smaller caliber. The ship compensates for this by having an accelerated reload and the option to use the Main Battery Reload Booster consumable. This trait, coupled with the all-forward arrangement of the main guns, makes Jean Bart a formidable opponent in close quarters for ships of any type. Aircraft carriers will not find it easy to upset the French ship either. flag_France.pngpremium.pngIX Jean Bart is a fast battleship with one of the most efficient AA defenses of her tier.

...makes WG sound like a hypocrite too when you see it in the light of the "cv problem" and BBs generally being too universaly powerful. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 6

[CATS]
Players
27,241 posts
14,525 battles

He is special and deserves his own thread, apart from WG already commenting on the points he made....

• Cool 2

[KOKOS]
[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,387 posts
9,857 battles
16 minutes ago, Griva said:

You (WG) stated/promised (or whatever) that "Tier IX and X ships won't be available for purchase" directly by real money. You made whole concept of tier IX free exp ships where it's possible to pay but not directly (you need first exp to convert) just to break it now  ?

• Funny 1

Players
2,605 posts
11,389 battles
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

He is special and deserves his own thread, apart from WG already commenting on the points he made....

Im actually curious why a similar thread by a CC is still up after a day but the one from a forumite gets nuked.

[DC-DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,673 battles
49 minutes ago, Griva said:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-deals/premium-shop-november-2018/#jean-bart

I know WG is company and they crave money more than anyone else but would be nice to not to break your own concepts because now

pQo7e8E.jpg

Apparently you have no clue whatsoever on Autism........ Please do not insult disabled people

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

Players
5,979 posts
11,604 battles
1 hour ago, Griva said:

I know WG is company and they crave money more than anyone else but would be nice to not to break your own concepts because now

pQo7e8E.jpg

Autism and money craving? You're mixing autism up with narcism dude :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Players
24 posts
83 battles
52 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Im actually curious why a similar thread by a CC is still up after a day but the one from a forumite gets nuked.

The former advertises the presence of the ship in the premium shop for anyone who hasn't noticed, the latter did not and was, instead, critical of the choice to do so.

Draw your own conclusions.

Players
2,596 posts
12,957 battles
4 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

What is it about the younger generations these past years using autism as meme? (maybe you aren't but thats where it came from)

I am genuinely curious about that as well tbh - I don't get the reference. There was a time when autism was (wrongly) pictured as either "rain man" or "idiot savant", but recently some other stereotype, I don't know which, must have taken hold.

Players
24 posts
83 battles
1 minute ago, Saiyko said:

I am genuinely curious about that as well tbh - I don't get the reference. There was a time when autism was (wrongly) pictured as either "rain man" or "idiot savant", but recently some other stereotype, I don't know which, must have taken hold.

Idiots getting stuff wrong on the internet? Hardly a new thing.

I imagine it is mostly the younger generation as these are ones who still think posting so-called "memes" is cool and original. Somebody should them the cat did had its cheezeburger decades ago.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,193 posts
10,362 battles
34 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

Idiots getting stuff wrong on the internet? Hardly a new thing.

I imagine it is mostly the younger generation as these are ones who still think posting so-called "memes" is cool and original. Somebody should them the cat did had its cheezeburger decades ago.

what-is-a-meme.jpg?resize=640,480

Players
387 posts
12,674 battles
42 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

As I understand that posting duplicate thread itslef was mistake (probably brain eclipse from lack of sleep) then I really don't understand what is so distrubing in this picture.

I mean maybe I am wrong somehow then you can explain me this. I don't see any reason to deeply analyse memes and all other similar pictures - authism reference to retardation and that's all.

If you feel triggered hard by this then sorry but I don't see any reason for that  (as long as you don't take all memes seriously) becasue I do not reference any certain person with that horrible disease.

Also this "trend" is not new at all what is about naming diseases by words describing human behaviour/life/items or vice versa? It's hundreds of years but I can be wrong so you can explain it from you point of view

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[DC-DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,673 battles

Don't use memes if you don't know what they means.... Says a lot more about you than the wrong meme used on the subject.......

Players
387 posts
12,674 battles
5 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Don't use memes if you don't know what they means.... Says a lot more about you than the wrong meme used on the subject.......

Sorry I am potato, maybe instead of stating "It's wrong becuase it's wrong" tell me what this meme means and why it's wrong on the subject -  I am very curious now

[SM0KE]
Players
5,793 posts
14,064 battles
3 minutes ago, Griva said:

why it's wrong on the subject

Presumably, for precisely the same reasons that using 'gay' as an insult is also wrong.

The difficulty one has is finding a satisfactory insult that doesn't denigrate a group of people who have no choice in being who they are, *and* doesn't trigger the site's profanity filter (or get you banned)...

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles
44 minutes ago, Griva said:

As I understand that posting duplicate thread itslef was mistake (probably brain eclipse from lack of sleep) then I really don't understand what is so distrubing in this picture.

I mean maybe I am wrong somehow then you can explain me this. I don't see any reason to deeply analyse memes and all other similar pictures - authism reference to retardation and that's all.

If you feel triggered hard by this then sorry but I don't see any reason for that  (as long as you don't take all memes seriously) becasue I do not reference any certain person with that horrible disease.

Well it just trips the little "lefty" in me because there are poor souls and relatives that infact really can't find this funny. Not personaly involved or really triggered though.

But maybe you should avoid those controversial memes anyway before you might trigger a forum moderator. :Smile_hiding:

Also this "trend" is not new at all what is about naming diseases by words describing human behaviour/life/items or vice versa? It's hundreds of years but I can be wrong so you can explain it from you point of view

Ah, so it's an evolution from wishing cancer on people on the internet because that person don't like what the insulted person did or didn't do. :cap_yes:

Players
387 posts
12,674 battles
23 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Presumably, for precisely the same reasons that using 'gay' as an insult is also wrong.

The difficulty one has is finding a satisfactory insult that doesn't denigrate a group of people who have no choice in being who they are, *and* doesn't trigger the site's profanity filter (or get you banned)...

You are quite right but this is not why it's not why it's wrong on the subject but why in general it's bad. Gay don't fit here because it does not reference for the same. Anyway you are in general right.

4 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Well it just trips the little "lefty" in me because there are poor souls and relatives that infact really can't find this funny. Not personaly involved or really triggered though.

Ah, so it's an evolution from wishing cancer on people on the internet because that person don't like what the insulted person did or didn't do. :cap_yes:

They are poor souls but that's the problem that nowdays people who are not involved into it have many things to say. Sure it's not pleasure to see it by someone invloved into it but they accept reality and most of people can distinguish internet memes (refering to behaviour) to reality. I am not sure how most of people see it but for sure most of people know it's not directed to any concrete person so don't mix it with "wishing cancer". Simply I don't know why people twist it to "get authism" from "you act retarded".

[SM0KE]
Players
5,793 posts
14,064 battles
17 minutes ago, Griva said:

Gay don't fit here because it does not reference for the same.

No really correct: being gay and being autistic are both states of being, over which the person in question has zero control. You might as well pick on someone for having a nose...

Players
7,144 posts
245 battles

Tier 10 ‘Russia’ premium bb comes with a perma serb camo for your ‘how terrible’ memes or a nice dash of soviet camo.

Players
387 posts
12,674 battles
3 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

No really correct: being gay and being autistic are both states of being, over which the person in question has zero control. You might as well pick on someone for having a nose...

I meant gay don't fit into context. Putting any reference to gay here makes no sense. Again I see your point, I am aware someone can be triggered also but I do not make fun from these people. I know it, you know it and everyone should know it - thats my only point.

Anyway if there are so many people who see it differently I will just remove it

• Cool 1

Players
3,421 posts
16,738 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

You might as well pick on someone for having a nose...

Exactly. A person inherits their genes from their parents and this determines what sort of nose they have.

You don't pick your own nose.  (Well, you DO - but not in that way)

• Cool 1