You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Garfield4

Tech Tree not updated

Why is the Tech Tree no longer updated for (new) premium ships in game ?  

37 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Why is the Tech Tree no longer updated for (new) premium ships in game ?

• lazyness ?
    • deliberately ?
    • other reasons (deliberate lazyness for example) ?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/15/2018 at 06:42 AM

30 comments in this topic

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
128 posts
11,488 battles

For over a year now Wargaming has added several new ships to the game which do not show up in the Tech Tree.

As far as I know, the Tech Tree is ment to give an comprehesive overview which ships are in-game, be it regular/silver ships or premium ships.

Wondering what could be the reason an increasingly number of newly introduced premium ships do not show up in the Tech tree , and never has. The list I made of ships missing in Tech Tree grows ever longer by the day, and consists of both fairly new ones and those introduced in game many months/patches ago.

Just for reference, I voted 'deliberately'.

Why? Because if you picture the list below in the techtree, it would become very obvious Wargaming is busier introducing/selling new pay-to-play ships , than is is to fill in the French, Pan-asia, or Italian tree with regular ships.

At this rate this is going, it would not surpirse me if in 2019 the amount of premium ships in the game will be almost on par in numbers with regulars/silver techtree ships. Does Wargaming want to avoid showing us the obvious, or are these just omissions?

Whether they are available for purchase directly from techtree or can only be bought directly in shop (*) does not matter ! They are in the game, and therefore should be visible in the TechTree. Just add an (*) to the shop-only types will do.

List of premium ships not showing up in Techtree:

Mikasa,

Mutsu,

Haida,

Ishizuchi

Missouri ,

Massachusets,

(Flint)

(Black)

Indianapolis,

(Salem)

Okhotnik,

Oleg,

Krasny Krim,

Murmansk,

Stalingrad

Graf Spee

Hood,

Cossack,

Campbelltown,

Gallant

Boise,

Le Terrible,

Jean Bart

Bourgogne

Abruzzi,

Nuevo de Julia

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
7 posts

AFAIK it's not a matter of "update".

Only ships that are currently available for ingame doubloons (or Free EXP) are shown in the techtree. If ships are exchanged, techtree is changed too. It was always like that.

I don't know if I want to see ships in ingame techtree that I'm not able to buy anyways.

Though it's not in game, you can see those ships specs in Wargamings Wiki

• Cool 2

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
128 posts
11,488 battles

Wargamings Wiki is indeed a good source, be it not always up-to-date either.

I regularly have a reading session there because of interest in a specific ship, f.e. the Amagi , which is a Battleship in this game, but was  in fact a battlecruiser planned to be converted into an aircraft carrier somewhere in 1942 or so ( "razzed" , same as some US battleships/battlecruisers).

The poll is made is  to test/ to find out your opinions why specifically  so many  premium ships do not show up in the Tech Tree lately...

And it is about what  a Tech Tree should be in your opinion.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,894 posts
27,570 battles
38 minutes ago, Alpenjodel_ said:

Only ships that are currently available for ingame doubloons (or Free EXP) are shown in the techtree. If ships are exchanged, techtree is changed too. It was always like that.

I don't know if I want to see ships in ingame techtree that I'm not able to buy anyways.

This. Only thing that did change over time is that before, if you have a premium ship that is not obtainable for doubloons, like Kami for example, it would be shown in the your tech tree. But as I remember, only premium ships you can see in tech tree are those that could be buy with doubloons. 

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
11,249 battles

Every ship of the game should be visibile in the tech tree and in port, even coal and stell ships. Every player should see the characteristics  and THE ARMOUR of every ships....stalingrad, I'm  looking at you

• Cool 3

Players
7 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, Garfield4 sagte:

The poll is made is  to test/ to find out your opinions why specifically  so many  premium ships do not show up in the Tech Tree lately...

And it is about what  a Tech Tree should be in your opinion.

You need to add the option "it' s fine to only show purchasable ships" then.

• Cool 2

6,234 posts
10,691 battles
40 minutes ago, Alpenjodel_ said:

While that is true, it's bad habit to force players out of your game to check up stuff that's ingame. Armour viewer and specs are in the game and can be made visible via a mod, so it'd be quite easy (read: CHEAP) for WG to implement that. Ofc you could add a large 'THIS SHIP IS CURRENTLY NOT BUYABLE' over the ship. But you still should be able to see all the relevant stats.

• Cool 3

[OLDG]
[OLDG]
Players
3 posts
2,743 battles

WoT console has a separate tech tab where all premiums are listed.

They are shown as ticked if you currently own them, highlighted if they are available for purchase and darkened if currently unavailable.

it would be simple to implement and each vessel can be annotated by its means of purchase, whether it's a reward, doubloons/cash, free xp or coal/steel.

It also gives those collectors a handy goto list showing what they have and haven't got.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,336 battles

Do you want all the ARP clones to be as separate instances in TechTree? That could made the tree to be a bit clustered.

But I am fine With adding ships to TechTree with marking (unavialable/freeXP etc.)

Players
5,979 posts
11,609 battles
22 ore fa, Sir_Grzegorz ha scritto:

Do you want all the ARP clones to be as separate instances in TechTree? That could made the tree to be a bit clustered.

But I am fine With adding ships to TechTree with marking (unavialable/freeXP etc.)

Yes I do.

But seriously, it's nice to be able to, for instance, see armor details and such.

I only wish I could mount a camo (as a preview) on ships I don't own, but oh well.

Alle 8/11/2018 alle 10:03, Freyr_90 ha scritto:

Isn't there a mod for that? 

Aslains has this and I kinda always enable it whenever I have Aslains installed.

It was "Expanded tech tree" or something.

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,347 posts
25,989 battles
7 hours ago, Flavio1997 said:

Every ship of the game should be visibile in the tech tree and in port, even coal and stell ships. Every player should see the characteristics  and THE ARMOUR of every ships....stalingrad, I'm  looking at you

This.

The only reason its not like that is in my opinion WG-s hope that if (new)players get beaten by "unknown" ship, they are more likely to buy/grind it.

• Cool 1

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
128 posts
11,488 battles

26  missing ships in tech tree  !

(ARP clones not even counted )

How about that number ?

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
602 posts
5,020 battles

Kamikaze R, Arkansa Beta, Iuaki alfa (or however it is called ... the closed alpha ship)

And the ships are not "missing" they are not tech tree ships.

The tree's are big and complicated enough without adding all the special ships that you can probably never get anyway.

If you want the stats and layout I'm pretty sure you can find them without to much trouble .... I don't want to have my tree's cluttered with ships I can't get.

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
128 posts
11,488 battles
2 minutes ago, Hummus said:

Kamikaze R, Arkansa Beta, Iuaki alfa (or however it is called ... the closed alpha ship)

And the ships are not "missing" they are not tech tree ships.

The tree's are big and complicated enough without adding all the special ships that you can probably never get anyway.

If you want the stats and layout I'm pretty sure you can find them without to much trouble .... I don't want to have my tree's cluttered with ships I can't get.

Well ,that is your opinion. I appreciate your response.

According to your reasoning I could easily  say, "'please remove all premium ships that are in it now also, I dont want my tree's cluttered with ships I will never buy! "'

Easy solution : put ALL ships in tech tree, and have a toggle button - just like the one in harbor - to select which branch you want to see: silver, premium, both  or all ! :Smile_great:

Because Tech trees are kind of "'techY'" by nature, I prefer comprehensive instead of arbitrary/randomly chosen.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,799 posts
14,068 battles
Just now, Garfield4 said:

Easy solution : put ALL ships in tech tree, and have a toggle button

This would be a good way to improve the vanilla game, although it would be a lot of coding for not much benefit (from WG's perspective).

Perhaps refine selections to combinations of the following categories:

• Silver.
  • Premiums - unavailable.
  • Premiums - coal/steel/free xp.
  • Premiums - available (gold).
  • Premiums - available (money).

I think that covers most eventualities, although it might be difficult to implement/maintain, as things move around a lot and/or appear in multiple categories.

You would also need very clear labelling - in WOT, you sometimes get people having a hissy fit because they can't buy something they can see in their tech tree - usually, it's because they forgot that they installed a mod that shows *everything* rather than just those things available now.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,251 posts
9,063 battles
1 hour ago, Profilus said:

This.

The only reason its not like that is in my opinion WG-s hope that if (new)players get beaten by "unknown" ship, they are more likely to buy/grind it.

Couldnt agree more.

There is no other reason then this. Its deliberately keeping stuff unknown to non-owners.

Its totaly wrong that i can use a mod to see this ships. Its even more wrong, that i can never see the armor module to those ships otherwise, even when i can see the specs on the wiki. Stalingrad is so controversial because of this. It certainly has its weekness, but how can you know that if you arent allowed to see it?

5 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

In Aslains modpack, ARP ships have a seperate nations tree, so its not clustered at all. But im not using it anymore.

Players
8,358 posts
9,213 battles
38 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Couldnt agree more.

There is no other reason then this. Its deliberately keeping stuff unknown to non-owners.

Its totaly wrong that i can use a mod to see this ships. Its even more wrong, that i can never see the armor module to those ships otherwise, even when i can see the specs on the wiki. Stalingrad is so controversial because of this. It certainly has its weekness, but how can you know that if you arent allowed to see it?

Also wrong that you can never see mod options and consumable options without having a ship. Given just from port stats, you would never guess why a ship like Belfast is OP.

• Cool 1

6,234 posts
10,691 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

This would be a good way to improve the vanilla game, although it would be a lot of coding for not much benefit (from WG's perspective).

Perhaps refine selections to combinations of the following categories:

• Silver.
  • Premiums - unavailable.
  • Premiums - coal/steel/free xp.
  • Premiums - available (gold).
  • Premiums - available (money).

I think that covers most eventualities, although it might be difficult to implement/maintain, as things move around a lot and/or appear in multiple categories.

You would also need very clear labelling - in WOT, you sometimes get people having a hissy fit because they can't buy something they can see in their tech tree - usually, it's because they forgot that they installed a mod that shows *everything* rather than just those things available now.

While that is a great suggestion, I'd like to point out that if it could cause lot of coding on WG's side a more simple approach would do as well:

Step 1: Implement the "extended tech tree" mod (should be no problem)

Step 2: Bring in a toggle switch to turn the mod on/off

Step 3: Print a large: "This UI feature was brought to you by *modders name*! Thank you!" (to show appreciation)

Step 4: Wait until modders start picking up on the features you listed

Step 5: ????

Step 6: Profit (as in haven't spent money on developing)

• Cool 1

Players
2,387 posts
15,572 battles
15 hours ago, Freyr_90 said:

Isn't there a mod for that? 

All ships should always be present in Tech tree without being required to appear there by installing 3rd party mod.

5 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

While that is a great suggestion, I'd like to point out that if it could cause lot of coding on WG's side (...)

Lot of coding... Please...

• Cool 2

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
128 posts
11,488 battles

Now it all becomes very clear ; some pictures say more than a thousend words.

Well, to all vanilla  client users like me, I will only say : have a look at that...

screenshots of Japanese, USA and Ussr techtree  illustrate exactly what my poll/topic is about.

(and notice the emptyness of Italian or Commonweath techtree in contrast;  its just a question of priorities, isn't it ? )

I will take the constructive road in my wording , and  ask Wargaming @MrConway : please take this Modstation pack as an example, and maybe vanilla client users can have a tech tree like that ? With or without toggle-options ?

Thanks

@hgbn_dk

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,287 posts
3,683 battles
1 minute ago, Garfield4 said:

Well, to all vanilla  client users like me, I will only say : have a look at that...

screenshots of Japanese, USA and Ussr techtree  illustrate exactly what my poll/topic is about.

(and notice the emptyness of Italian or Commonweath techtree in contrast )

I will take the constructive road in my wording , and  ask Wargaming @MrConway : please take this Modstation pack as an example, and maybe vanilla users can have a tech tree like that ? With or without toggle-options ?

Thanks

@hgbn_dk

We don't want to display a bunch of ships in game if they are not also obtainable in game with doubloons, this is something we have always done. We feel this would be overwhelming and confusing for some of the newer players out there.

That being said we realize this is not an ideal situation and are working on some possible changes to how premium ships are displayed in game. Unfortunately there is not much more I can say about it right now.

Until then, the modstation gives and easy and simple to install fix to this problem for those of you that want the full overview.

[DC-DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,682 battles
20 minutes ago, Garfield4 said:

(and notice the emptyness of Italian or Commonweath techtree in contrast;  its just a question of priorities, isn't it ? )

I will take the constructive road in my wording , and  ask Wargaming @MrConway : please take this Modstation pack as an example, and maybe vanilla client users can have a tech tree like that ? With or without toggle-options ?

Thanks

@hgbn_dk

I was very reluctant to mod anything myself until just recently... Took the plunge and haven't regretted it since... You are safe with the Modstation so just go ahead and install whatever you choose from that pack.. You can pick and choose exactly what you want to install and leave the rest as you like.