You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tenacious_torps

Wtf were you thinking?

29 comments in this topic

Players
1,373 posts

Jean Bart in the shop. Wtf were you thinking? Selling tier 8 premiums to people with no experience was already bad enough. Just couldn't resist the opportunity  to display the companies core values in public again, could you? At least with t8 people payed for being low tier virtually all the time, with T9s you pay for never being low tier. In other words: at least shitters in t8 premiums usually are quite irrelevant and not that hard to carry, now they take up either a top or middle tier slot. Brilliant... what's next? Stalingrad in the shop for greedmas?

• Cool 10

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,707 battles
1 minute ago, tenacious_torps said:

Wtf were you thinking? 

Erm, they dont? That much has been made clear...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,086 posts
22,026 battles
5 minutes ago, tenacious_torps said:

Stalingrad in the shop for greedmas?

Dude... Stop giving them more ideas... :cap_horn::cap_haloween::cap_wander_2:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
1,373 posts
24 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

There are already multiple JB threads, why make a new one? Wtf were you thinking?

I was thinking that WG are much more likely to notice a plethora of threads popping up than actually reading any of them. Thx for asking.

[CATS]
Players
27,240 posts
14,521 battles
35 minutes ago, tenacious_torps said:

Jean Bart in the shop. Wtf were you thinking? Selling tier 8 premiums to people with no experience was already bad enough. Just couldn't resist the opportunity  to display the companies core values in public again, could you? At least with t8 people payed for being low tier virtually all the time, with T9s you pay for never being low tier. In other words: at least shitters in t8 premiums usually are quite irrelevant and not that hard to carry, now they take up either a top or middle tier slot. Brilliant... what's next? Stalingrad in the shop for greedmas?

Not that it makes any difference....

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,866 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, tenacious_torps sagte:

I was thinking that WG are much more likely to notice a plethora of threads popping up than actually reading any of them. Thx for asking.

Which is wrong because you make it way harder for them to read the feedback if it's split all over the place instead of bundled into one thread.

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

Whatever, just start selling t10s for a 100 euros a pop and be done with it. Whatever Richie Rich can afford that will likely move on to the next game before long anyway. As long as it's balanced, I don't care. More potato on average = more influence you have on the game.

Players
45 posts
8,826 battles
5 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Well burgogne is yet to come no:cap_happy:

yea probably for *edited* which the lower clans cant get only the top clans like the Stalingrad they got havent seen a lower clan group get it 

Edited by kwiatek228
edited due to capslock usage

Players
5,979 posts
11,601 battles
44 minutes ago, tenacious_torps said:

I'm really starting to like the idea of some (mostly high tier) premium ships only being available after a certain account level has been achieved. Or some other thing that requires ingame time.

This way people won't be able to get such high tier premiums as easily as a few clicks from the shop (so no 100 battle noobs in your team as top tier JB and WG give players another reason to play every day).

Apart from that, I think WG should continu to make fxp and coal ships available in the future, both these resources require ingame time (and LOTS of it!) and this would actually reward loyal customers of the game. So it would be at least less of a 'problem' that people who are in fact not loyal to WoWS aren't the only ones getting free rewards.

To me, the fxp ships are a reward for loyal customers and I think WG should continu that tradition.

• Cool 1

Players
5,979 posts
11,601 battles
3 minutes ago, Deathadder_61 said:

yea probably for STEEL which the lower clans cant get only the top clans like the Stalingrad they got havent seen a lower clan group get it 

Lets not.

Put this ship in the game as a fxp ship as it has been a while since the last fxp ship was put in the tech tree.

I don't play a lot of clan battles and ranked, mostly because I don't enjoy them very much.

• Cool 1

Players
1,373 posts
7 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'm really starting to like the idea of some (mostly high tier) premium ships only being available after a certain account level has been achieved. Or some other thing that requires ingame time.

This way people won't be able to get such high tier premiums as easily as a few clicks from the shop (so no 100 battle noobs in your team as top tier JB and WG give players another reason to play every day).

Apart from that, I think WG should continu to make fxp and coal ships available in the future, both these resources require ingame time (and LOTS of it!) and this would actually reward loyal customers of the game. So it would be at least less of a 'problem' that people who are in fact not loyal to WoWS aren't the only ones getting free rewards.

To me, the fxp ships are a reward for loyal customers and I think WG should continu that tradition.

You mean as opposed to the established practice of shovering people who haven't logged on for month in free premiums? Unheard of, heresy, get the stake ready.

Players
5,979 posts
11,601 battles
7 minutes ago, tenacious_torps said:

You mean as opposed to the established practice of shovering people who haven't logged on for month in free premiums? Unheard of, heresy, get the stake ready.

I think it's.....minorly insulting that someone who never paid a cent gets a +200% doubloon coupon and someone who has actually spend money into the game doesn't.

Oh yes I did receive some 10% and 20% coupons, but usually only on certain items :Smile_sceptic:

Same thing goes for people who haven't logged into the game for months and are gifted high tier premiums, just like that. But the major difference to me is that at least I was able to get one of the higher tier freemiums while being a loyal customer and a loyal gamer. I've basically logged into the game every day for a year now or so. And if a friend who briefly tried WoWS and "Meh, I go play Battlefield now" and gets a +200% doubloon coupon, well obviously I'd feel a bit shafted here.

WG did make some changes to the free premiums, but then came these +200% extra doubloon coupons for people who never spend any money into this game before.

Players
7,144 posts
245 battles

In before tier 10 premiums for half price and buy one get ten for free offers. Or a nice fat tier 12 bb that no one else get just for £100!!! (golden serb included with middle finger) :Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

[GOT]
[GOT]
Players
52 posts
7,325 battles
1 hour ago, tenacious_torps said:

Brilliant... what's next? Stalingrad in the shop for greedmas?

I actually wouldn't mind that. Currently the excuse is that Stalingrad really isn't OP at all, and it just are only unicums playing it. If they would sell this definitely not OP ship in the shop we could see how the average player plays this definitely not OP ship. (And next nerf it because the definitely not OP ship did turn out to be OP. But hey, what can go wrong with giving the best players a better ship than the average peasant).

[-AP-]
Players
2,606 posts
6,381 battles

Didnt they state several times in the past, that they would NEVER sell tier 9 and 10 ships in the shop? Lets just dig out all of those statements, and send them, along with this, to jim sterling and a load of gaming magazines.

Wargaming doesnt care about feedback for stuff like this, they knew it would be unpopular way beforehand. The only thing they do care about, is bad publicity, so lets give it to them.

Good old jim sterling certainly did a good job with wot when they tried their cencorship BS, im sure he wouldnt mind taking another nab at wargaming for straight out lying.

[-WHO-]
Players
71 posts
5,360 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

There are already multiple JB threads, why make a new one? Wtf were you thinking?

[-AP-]
Players
2,606 posts
6,381 battles
1 minute ago, Somilica92 said:

This is the correct thing to do, flood the forum, flood the reddit, spread it everywhere, bad publicity is the one thing that wargaming listens to.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
9,383 battles
4 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Didnt they state several times in the past, that they would NEVER sell tier 9 and 10 ships in the shop?

According to S_O on reddit they meant they were "not currently selling tier 9/10 ships".

Now to me that sounds quite disingenuous... Much like a politician going back on previous promises by pointing out a technicallity.

Otherwise I don't really care, this was only a matter of time. We will get tier 10 prems for sale next year, mark my words. WG is getting slightly desperate it feels like. Probably people stopped buying tier 8 prems because the MM is so bad at that tier.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,606 posts
6,381 battles
3 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

According to S_O on reddit they meant they were "not currently selling tier 9/10 ships".

Now to me that sounds quite disingenuous... Much like a politician going back on previous promises by pointing out a technicallity.

Otherwise I don't really care, this was only a matter of time. We will get tier 10 prems for sale next year, mark my words. WG is getting slightly desperate it feels like. Probably people stopped buying tier 8 prems because the MM is so bad at that tier.

Indeed, this will happen if we dont make it hurt them, which is exactly why we have to make it hurt them.

Also, S-O might have said that on reddit, but that means squat all if we can find a single comment or quote from wargaming made earlier than that statement that implies that they were never going to do it. Im sure ive seen such a comment before, just cant remember where

Players
3,421 posts
16,736 battles
11 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

A very shrewd comment! :Smile_honoring:

I think you made a great point about the tier 8 matchmaking being a dis-incentive to buying premium ships at that tier.

• Cool 1

Players
5,979 posts
11,601 battles
12 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

Probably people stopped buying tier 8 prems because the MM is so bad at that tier.

This is actually the case regarding playing tier 8 ships, regardless of them being premium or silver boats.

The MM is usually so bad that it's plain better to stick to playing tier 7 for now.

WG did try to aleviate this problem to some extent with the Arms Race (and it worked for a little while, MM being noticably improved for tier 8 ships I was playing at that time).

• Cool 2