Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Warhawk1984

Support my petition (uk universal credit)

6 comments in this topic

Players
257 posts
3,083 battles

UC roll-out has done nothing but cause havoc please feel free to sign my petition on change.org and see if we can get this idiot lead government to have another look and do a full overhaul.

this petition is new and if you add your experiences in the comments i will look into it and add it to the petition.

if enough people sign/comment i would be willing to take this government to court on behalf of all in a class action style.

if any solicitor wishes to do the right thing and help the people will the least help financially as the government wont give legal aid to us to sue them, please feel free to message me.

https://www.change.org/p/the-house-s-of-parliament-house-of-lords-a-complete-review-of-the-new-style-universal-credit?recruiter=250859266&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=Search%3ESAP%3EUK%3EBrand%3EProper%3EExact

• Cool 2

[TAYTO]
Players
815 posts
8,620 battles

Having worked continuously since 1985, the last 15 of them as an employer, I have no experience of receiving any kind of benefit.

What I have seen is employees wondering why they should work long hours in a physical job (paid well above the living wage) only to see so many folk doing nothing, but enjoying the latest phones and designer gear which my employees can't afford.
Our most recent ex-employee decided that his social life was suffering because, after travelling to and from work, he didn't have time to see his friends. Some folk would wonder how he can afford a social life now he isn't earning a wage. But, apparently, he can. There's something wrong with that.

• Cool 2

Players
7,170 posts
245 battles

Thats because he has to spend money on transport any debts he has bills taxes and other expenses( if he has most of these things to pay) too imply people have it easy on the dole is far from the truth considering you get to live on what? 300-400£’s a month? Which is like nothing nowadays plus i doubt most of these people earned the latest gadgets through dole money alone and mostly due several people chipping with their money stealing taking out credit cards doing shady thing etc.

You could also argue most people who get paid dont save their money and end spending way too much of it as well. I have to agree with the long hours scenario but im in a job atm and get paid only a few hundred above dole money and that doesnt stretch that far (train fares, clothing, food, bills any tax’s non-essentials).

but then the current economic system is heavily flawed and no one can be bothered to produce a better system.

[TAYTO]
Players
815 posts
8,620 battles
5 hours ago, CptBarney said:

but then the current economic system is heavily flawed and no one can be bothered to produce a better system.

Isn't this what Universal Credit is? An attempt (no matter how it's perceived) to produce a better system?
Something has to change and the folk it affects will never be happy about that change, but someone is bothering to try a different system.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,267 battles
14 hours ago, DB2212 said:

Isn't this what Universal Credit is? An attempt (no matter how it's perceived) to produce a better system?
Something has to change and the folk it affects will never be happy about that change, but someone is bothering to try a different system.

Define "better".

[TAYTO]
Players
815 posts
8,620 battles
On 11/9/2018 at 1:32 PM, OldIronsides said:

Define "better".

Better would be a system which removes long term unemployed from unemployment.

Better would be a system where unemployment isn't a better option than working and contributing to society.

Better would be a streamlining of the benefits process where there is one payment which covers all types of state payment rather than an individual having to apply for unemplyment benefits, housing benefits, disability benefits, child tax benefits.

Better would be anything than the system currently being phased out.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this