Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
principat121

There is no spotting damage for using Radar or Hydro

5 comments in this topic

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,835 posts
8,924 battles

I recognized it many times: but in this game the player using the Radar or Hydro consumable will only get the spotting damage if his/hers ships is closest to the noe revealed enemy ship. If a player of your team is somehow closer this player will get all the spotting damage, despite the fact that this damage could only be dealt because of you using Radar/Hydro. It is quite disappointing to see this ingame.

The spotting damage mechanic does not care. It just checks is there a enemy visible and who is the closest ship.

@MrConway

@Crysantos

Is this something you can bring up in a team meeting to implement in the future?! Ofc I know that there are more important thing running in the moment, but rewarding player for actually teamplay should be something prioritised on your agenda!

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Considering spotting damage (and potential damage tanking for the same matter) results in entirely negligible rewards anyway the little difference that would make is quite possible worth less than the time you spend posting this thread.

It's sad really because if such teamplay actions actually were properly rewarded, this would be a serious concern, but alas ...

• Cool 2

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

how sure are you? I can't recall a situation where I went "huh, I am radaring that guy, why am I not getting any spotting damage?"... can still be because I'm dumb of course, so I'd be very interested in your evidence.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,290 posts
3,708 battles
18 hours ago, principat121 said:

I recognized it many times: but in this game the player using the Radar or Hydro consumable will only get the spotting damage if his/hers ships is closest to the noe revealed enemy ship. If a player of your team is somehow closer this player will get all the spotting damage, despite the fact that this damage could only be dealt because of you using Radar/Hydro. It is quite disappointing to see this ingame.

The spotting damage mechanic does not care. It just checks is there a enemy visible and who is the closest ship.

@MrConway

@Crysantos

Is this something you can bring up in a team meeting to implement in the future?! Ofc I know that there are more important thing running in the moment, but rewarding player for actually teamplay should be something prioritised on your agenda!

I'll find out and get back to you :)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this