Massive updates all the time

9 comments in this topic

Question

[P3]
Players
11 posts
11,270 battles

Hi

The last update from what I can remember was about 1GB, but a friend of mine who updates regularly is now downloading an update of 27 GB !! This has happened before and plays regularly so its not a question of him updating twice a year. Can anyone shed any light on what could be causing this ? He is using windows 10 home.

Thanks.

wow.jpg

8 answers to this question

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,046 posts
12,480 battles
4 minutes ago, paul4905 said:

Hi

The last update from what I can remember was about 1GB, but a friend of mine who updates regularly is now downloading an update of 27 GB !! This has happened before and plays regularly so its not a question of him updating twice a year. Can anyone shed any light on what could be causing this ? He is using windows 10 home.

Thanks.

wow.jpg

Looks like you are using the Windows-App of Warships - so it may happen that "everything" is updated. Steam-Version-Update usually is quite large, too, as it's for all realms at the same time.

Just the WGC-Versions are as large as described in patch-notes - you cannot compare the three ways.

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,046 posts
12,480 battles
1 minute ago, paul4905 said:

No from the eu server like myself. we cant work it out but thanks for your reply.

But the screenshot is clearly the Windows-App, not Wargaming Game Center. 

[P3]
Players
11 posts
11,270 battles

One final question. to save him downloading the whole game again, I am currently downloading my whole game on to a ssd and giving it to him. Could he access it and log on using his own ID ???

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,866 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, paul4905 sagte:

One final question. to save him downloading the whole game again, I am currently downloading my whole game on to a ssd and giving it to him. Could he access it and log on using his own ID ???

Yes, that should work. However his ingame options will probably change since they are stored locally.