Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DanSilverwing

Honest advice: is it worth starting one of the collections available via Arsenal containers?

6 comments in this topic

Players
1,020 posts
14,719 battles

I bought a couple of Dunkirk containers using Coal to complete my Dunkirk collection and get the Jack Dunkirk 10-point Captain.

I have 7/24 pieces of the Bismark collection already, but not bothered about the camo reward.

Is it worth my while buying containers for either the Vive le France, or 2-year anniversary collection? I understand that the French ones are considerably discounted since they were first made available to buy with Coal (12,000 Coal iirc, now 5,000).

Any advice greatly appreciated :)

[ONE2]
Players
3,096 posts
22,156 battles

Well, you'll get sh*tload of special camos and signals in addition to the Captain(s) / other main prizes. My guess is it depends, if you really want the feller and them perks or not. You be the one to decide.:cap_old:

I have em' and have not regretted it. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,666 posts
6,404 battles

I don't think you can "start" any of those collections (meaning that items will also drop from daily containers), you have to buy all the containers to complete them from the arsenal.

At least I finished the dunkirk and 2nd anniversary collections that way. Neither gave me the option to collect them from regular containers. And I don't think the Bismarck collection did either (didn't buy from arsenal, though - I got that when bismarck containers were dropping like flies from weekend missions last year).

As for whether they're worth it... I got the anniversary collection because it gave a ton of permacamos for ships I either have or will soon get. Your mileage may vary.

French collection gives some one use camos and a special captain. I would only bother if you play french ships and can get some use out of the captain.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,776 battles

IMO, yes, but as pointed, YMMV.

• Bad 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,392 posts
9,122 battles

I hadnt started the Vive la France collection before, after i got the Salem, i started with that. Took me 4x5.000 Coal to finish it.

I had also like 7 parts from the Bismarck collection, which i finished after the other one. But took me 5x5.000 Coal (was really unlucky with duplicates)

So imo yes, id do it. 20-30k coal (max) isnt really that big of a deal, you cant even get one of the captains for that (so its cheaper to get Jean-Jacques Honore rather than the german or russian one for 35k coal).

Also since we only get ship coupons every 6 months, there should be enough time to get the coal required for the next ship you want. I wouldnt buy a ship without using a coupon tbh. (or max the very cheap ones).

• Cool 1

Players
1,020 posts
14,719 battles

Started and finished the 2-year anniversary collection taking 4x5,000 coal containers (20 containers). Luckily the missing pieces only required 2 duplicates to obtain, unlike the later collections I have been used to.

That's given me five permanent camouflage for Tier 8 ships that I don't yet have. 

Just about the buy the KGV, Monarch will have to wait!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this