Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Praevasc

Could we introduce a radio command like "ignore that ship"?

17 comments in this topic

[HUN]
Players
235 posts
2,312 battles

We all know that "focus fire on xxx" radio command.

What about an "ignore that ship" command? Far too often did the following happen:

- Enemy BB just used up damage control and repair, seconds later I hit her with a torpedo and she's flooding while having less then 15000 HP. She will sink no matter what. She is also retreating and presenting no danger. Teammates leave caps in order to rush it, often 3 teammates chase after a doomed enemy ship instead of contributing to the battle.

- I play a carrier, and manage to kill each and every single one of the enemy planes. Someone detects the enemy carrier, and almost my entire team abandons everything and starts chasing and shooting at her. I tell in chat that all enemy planes are down, but who reads chat in all that excitement?! Many people think that carriers alone decide battles, and that if a carrier is dead it's an automatic loss to their team, which is true in some situations, but it's painful to watch the sheer stupidity how many teammates abandon everything in order to get a kill on an enemy carrier. Despite that carrier presenting no danger, BBs snipe at her from maximum distance while more dangerous enemies are within 5-6 km, destroyers abandon 90% complete caps to chase after the carrier while being so focused on their aiming that they drive forward and don't bother to dodge torpedoes, cruisers come out from behind islands and show full broadside to an enemy BB just to point all their guns at the enemy carrier... I once had all 3 of the above happen in the same battle, turning an almost guaranteed win into a loss.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
2,305 posts

25 minutes ago, Praevasc said:

We all know that "focus fire on xxx" radio command.

What about an "ignore that ship" command? Far too often did the following happen:

- Enemy BB just used up damage control and repair, seconds later I hit her with a torpedo and she's flooding while having less then 15000 HP. She will sink no matter what. She is also retreating and presenting no danger. Teammates leave caps in order to rush it, often 3 teammates chase after a doomed enemy ship instead of contributing to the battle.

- I play a carrier, and manage to kill each and every single one of the enemy planes. Someone detects the enemy carrier, and almost my entire team abandons everything and starts chasing and shooting at her. I tell in chat that all enemy planes are down, but who reads chat in all that excitement?! Many people think that carriers alone decide battles, and that if a carrier is dead it's an automatic loss to their team, which is true in some situations, but it's painful to watch the sheer stupidity how many teammates abandon everything in order to get a kill on an enemy carrier. Despite that carrier presenting no danger, BBs snipe at her from maximum distance while more dangerous enemies are within 5-6 km, destroyers abandon 90% complete caps to chase after the carrier while being so focused on their aiming that they drive forward and don't bother to dodge torpedoes, cruisers come out from behind islands and show full broadside to an enemy BB just to point all their guns at the enemy carrier... I once had all 3 of the above happen in the same battle, turning an almost guaranteed win into a loss.

An enemy ship that is flooding can still sink another allied ship until it is destroyed. Specifically, imagine the amount of damage a BB salvo could do to a Cruiser or even a CV and be thankful that it is put down before it loses the last 15,000 health pool to your torpedoes, also remember that some BB's can reclaim their health points, repair party II, and so 15,000 becomes the lesser potential health pool before activation...

I would like a command that is specifically set for DD's against ships with radar... "Shoot the damn radar ship if you want the DD to survive."

• Cool 6

[HUN]
Players
235 posts
2,312 battles
4 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

An enemy ship that is flooding can still sink another allied ship until it is destroyed. Specifically, imagine the amount of damage a BB salvo could do to a Cruiser or even a CV and be thankful that it is put down before it loses the last 15,000 health pool to your torpedoes, also remember that some BB's can reclaim their health points, repair party II, and so 15,000 becomes the lesser potential health pool before activation...

Of course it's situational. But there are situations where due to her positioning the BB can't do much, and having recently used up the repair party, sinking cannot be prevented. And if she is running away, it would be a waste for 2-3 ships to chase after her. But right, that can be too situational.

Players
2,305 posts
1 minute ago, Praevasc said:

Of course it's situational. But there are situations where due to her positioning the BB can't do much, and having recently used up the repair party, sinking cannot be prevented. And if she is running away, it would be a waste for 2-3 ships to chase after her. But right, that can be too situational.

If the ship does not have repair party II then yes she will sink, but she can still do damage. However, repair party II can stave off terminal flood damage just long enough for Damage Control Party II to reset for use... then the ship is as lethal as before. Your remark regarding the waste of 2-3 ships chasing depends on the BB they are chasing. There are some really powerful BB's out there....

A BB's has firepower regardless of angle and some have secondaries that do great damage... I believe that if a ship can be sunk it should be regardless.

• Cool 1

[BIF]
Players
331 posts
4,958 battles
2 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I believe that if a ship can be sunk it should be regardless.

Agree. It wont do anything after sunk, the faster the better. Making the enemy lose points as fast it can be, is another reason to sink him.

What i would really wanna see is command that warns you when your allies launch torps. If i play DD, i hate to dodge torps from both sides launched into the caps. Today someone wrote into chat , while i was fightning for a cap " watch out for torps " . I was, " what torps " , my hydro was on, so no danger...... Then i realised it was about his torps.... Luckily he was playing an italian cruiser, and those slow torps are very easy to dodge.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

The primary value of this is where a CV is about to "waste" a squadron or several squadrons attack to kill a ship that's already dead, that being said many a player will do that on purpose just to get the kill ribbon, even if it means the attack is effectively meaningless and a detriment to the team, it's the just selfish and greedy nature of some players. 

Apart from that I'm not sure how much value the command would be even though it would be ignored anyway.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,931 posts
20,580 battles
3 hours ago, Praevasc said:

What about an "ignore that ship" command?

I guess it would be technically possible to put such an utterly useless option into the game. It will of course end up being ignored, just like the "focus fire on xxx" you mentioned...

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
1 hour ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

I guess it would be technically possible to put such an utterly useless option into the game. It will of course end up being ignored, just like the "focus fire on xxx" you mentioned...

Yea, F3 rarely works. If you absolutely want the entire team to fire at a particular ship just launch torps at it and you can guarantee that every ship on your team will shoot ineffectively in its general direction - just enough to make it change course.

• Funny 5

[TS1]
Players
658 posts
8,162 battles
11 hours ago, K82J said:

What i would really wanna see is command that warns you when your allies launch torps. If i play DD, i hate to dodge torps from both sides launched into the caps. Today someone wrote into chat , while i was fightning for a cap " watch out for torps " . I was, " what torps " , my hydro was on, so no danger...... Then i realised it was about his torps.... Luckily he was playing an italian cruiser, and those slow torps are very easy to dodge.

Yeah. A warning for torps would be nice. If players actually used it that is. Some players still won't care though, like the pink Furutaka in a recent ranked battle. At the start of the game one of my teammates told him not to fire torpedoes from second line. A few minutes later I had to dodge his torps in my DD.

7 hours ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Yea, F3 rarely works. If you absolutely want the entire team to fire at a particular ship just launch torps at it and you can guarantee that every ship on your team will shoot ineffectively in its general direction - just enough to make it change course.

Yeah, launching torps often works for some reason. But F3 actually does work sometimes. I've noticed it when I radar DDs from behind an island sometimes. But that's probably mostly because they were shooting her just before she smoked up and just continued when she was re-revealed.

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
8 hours ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Isn't that the truth, it happens multiple times every game. To the point that I'd quite often like to be able to torpedo the "teammates" that screw up the torp attacks.

[-IAN-]
Players
2,015 posts
6,816 battles

Along the same idea I'd like to see the useless "swearing" key replaced with "target has repaired damage" so people know 'why' they should start to shoot at your target, as most people will ignore the more common "Focus that target" command because they don't always know 'why' they should be shooting at it.

• Cool 1

Players
7,144 posts
245 battles

Always secure the kill on a ship regardless of hp. A ship with 1hp can still be a threat and kill ships just as a full hp ship can.

also maybe a five sec cooldown for spamming voice commands so chat doesnt get flooded with requests.

Could have a “friendly torpedos away!’ Or something. But wg will have to do something to minimise spam.

• Cool 3

Players
123 posts
3,981 battles

We've always needed a detailed radio command system in game. The current "hold a button to use a set of commands" system is actually pretty nice but can be improved a lot more with specific commands that don't require players to type in chat. It can probably eradicate the language barrier and possibly improve teamplay.

[ONE2]
Players
3,087 posts
22,026 battles
On 11/4/2018 at 9:51 PM, Praevasc said:

I agree that we need more useful rado commands, but this particular one would be about as useful and counterproductive as introducing a radio command saying: "Kill me first!" which would also show your exact position on the minimap to the enemy. :Smile_amazed:

IE it makes no sense whatsoever. A kill is only secured, once it actually happens and not a second sooner, so the only rational approach is to focus-fire low HP enemies to ensure they drop down quickly, as they will remain equally powerful to full HP ships and a flooding or burning ship can still deal full HP damage to allies, or even survive on to produce a "Solo Warrior" at the end, as I have bitterly discovered a few times.:Smile_facepalm:

[HUN]
Players
235 posts
2,312 battles
On 11/6/2018 at 2:37 PM, RAHJAILARI said:

A kill is only secured, once it actually happens and not a second sooner,

What about an enemy carrier which lost all planes, and still 2-3 friendly ships are racing towers her, completely ignoring the rest of the battle? Or sniping at her from max range, despite more dangerous enemies being much closer?

[BIF]
Players
331 posts
4,958 battles
8 minutes ago, Praevasc said:

What about an enemy carrier which lost all planes, and still 2-3 friendly ships are racing towers her, completely ignoring the rest of the battle? Or sniping at her from max range, despite more dangerous enemies being much closer?

I am quite sure such a team wont listen to any radio command at all. Not even sure they will know what are those. Maybe they would think those are some magical chanting to earn the god's favor for citadels, or something.

[ONE2]
Players
3,087 posts
22,026 battles
5 hours ago, Praevasc said:

Well, assuming there are no complete idi*ots around (risky, I admit). But of course, the chance of this actually happening would still be very rare. Radio commands should only be reserved for most common situations, don't you think? I mean, we could also have a command "Press F12, if you are about to be hit by a random meteor" but how often would it be used actually?:cap_hmm:

Since the number of commands available for quick use is limited, it makes sense to limit them just to the most urgent and commonly experienced situations. :Smile_Default:

Also, it is my experience that once we get such mo*rons in the team, who throw the game by pig-headedly chasing a single ship to the ends of the earth, they also read no chats and no argument you can put forward, no matter how eloquent will change their minds and make them give up the chase. So it would just be a waste anyways. There's no point preaching to the deaf, no matter how loud you may try to shout. :Smile_facepalm:

Sign in to follow this