You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rautainen_Biisoni

I just uninstalled the game. I hope WG will fix this game for the top 25% of the playerbase.

61 comments in this topic

Players
214 posts
12,809 battles

Hello,

I've been a veteran of this game since the beginning and while the game has received a lot of good content the game is really not a pleasant experience to play for the top 25% of the players.

We are forced to play with the bots and players far below our own skill level. Not talking about Clan Battles but about normal daily gaming. 

I remember playing CoD modern warfare 1 and we had our own server. That game became plagued with hackers. Our server was mostly clean when we could kick out the hackers. It did get really tiresome when on daily basis you were looking for hackers and trying to get rid of them. Same thing happened with CoD MW 2. Hackers ruined the game and players abandoned it.

This game is now plagued with bots that we can't get rid of. Only WG can.

Players skill levels are so far apart but we are forced to play together. Add bots to that mess. It's is very unpleasant for many.

You don't see expert chess players playing with 4 year old kids unless its christmas or a family dinner. They try to play with people of their own or higher level.

To fix many of these issues I suggested to allow people with high PR to play separate from those of really low PR. Just as an option. Keep the whole playerbase but allow experienced players to play with their own level.

I honestly got to take a long break. This weekend was just so horribly unpleasant with the bots and low PR players.

WG, Good job with the content over the years. I hope you guys take care of this gigantic problem.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 15
  • Angry 3

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
5 minutes ago, Rautainen_Biisoni said:

Hello,

I've been a veteran of this game since the beginning and while the game has received a lot of good content the game is really not a pleasant experience to play for the top 25% of the players.

We are forced to play with the bots and players far below our own skill level. Not talking about Clan Battles but about normal daily gaming. 

I remember playing CoD modern warfare 1 and we had our own server. That game became plagued with hackers. Our server was mostly clean when we could kick out the hackers. It did get really tiresome when on daily basis you were looking for hackers and trying to get rid of them. Same thing happened with CoD MW 2. Hackers ruined the game and players abandoned it.

Players skill levels are so far apart but we are forced to play together. Add bots to that mess. It's is very unpleasant for many.

You don't see expert chess players playing with 4 year old kids unless its christmas or a family dinner. They try to play with people of their own or higher level.

To fix many of these issues I suggested to allow people with high PR to play separate from those of really low PR. Just as an option. Keep the whole playerbase but allow experienced players to play with their own level.

I honestly got to take a long break. This weekend was just so horribly unpleasant with the bots and low PR players.

WG, Good job with the content over the years. I hope you guys take care of this gigantic problem.

I think you do have a point even if I'm not at the stage of quitting the game. I still enjoy it.

I still think the only reasonable solution to the difference in skill in Random games is to divide Random games in 2 - one for more competitive and one for more casual players. You pick yourself what you want to play, but if you're reported enough or doesn't meet a threshold for a set number of games, the competitive Random mode may be unavailable for you for some time.

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
29,038 battles

You should be grateful lower skilled players have taken the time to want to learn the game and improve, because you, the higher skilled player has given them valuable experience, so that they, one day will be on par with you..

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
11,358 battles

Good for you! the game will become world of destroyers in the future and will become worse than world of tanks.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,822 posts
8,898 battles
21 hours ago, Rautainen_Biisoni said:

I honestly got to take a long break.

please, do us all a favour *edited*

thank you, sir

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 5

Players
8 posts

as a low skilled player and yet to get to lvl 10 i can say its no fun in a 8 being one shoot by all you god max range players that you probablly get board because you just farm lower lvls first so no competition for you  part WG fault for stupid MM

• Cool 2

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
21 hours ago, Rautainen_Biisoni said:

Hello,

*edited*.it's fine when they are on the other team I suppose.  What you forgot to say is that your supreme being stats take a hit when you play solo. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[-AP-]
Players
2,606 posts
6,381 battles

I mean, hes not entirely wrong tho, there could be a tickbox  that you can choose to tick once you get better than 50% of the playerbase, which would limit your mm queue to 50% and above. Would probably not have a huge impact on mm time as a whole, probably just slow it down a bit for those who press the tickbox.

Would still be worth pressing if you want a slightly higher quality of gameplay.

i dont want super bad players or bots on either my or the enemy team, just leads to curb-stomps

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
27,264 posts
14,525 battles
55 minutes ago, Rautainen_Biisoni said:

Hello,

You got a few bad battles and you whine about it?

Otherwise your WR is going up. Looks like you are winning a lot thanks to these bad players....

• Cool 5

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

OP demonstrates why it's uncool to complain about the somewhat poor player base.

WG will likely cater for the masses so the so called top percentile won't always enjoy the experience.

I've quietly ducked out into some WoT of all games...

• Cool 2

Players
6,606 posts
10,790 battles

So many replies from ppl, that miss the point. I really wonder: have you guys played any other multiplayer-onlinegame before? It doesnt sound like it. You dont seem to know, what private servers are. How it was standard, that a clan pretty much had to rent its own server, where they could play. And you dont seem know, how much better any MMO is, when you play with and against players of your own skilllevel. The last part is actually sad. I pity anyone, that has never had an experiance like this.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[BOBS3]
Beta Tester
501 posts
17,591 battles

PR, really, that crap metric that doesn't account for spotting or tanking, just damage frags and wins.*edited*

Edited by G_Bg_82
edited due to inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,937 posts
5,356 battles

*edited* like to pretend you guys are the only people that have the right to play this game.

Got a newsflash for you, EVERY player does.

Edited by G_Bg_82
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
268 posts
20,158 battles

Good players complain they have to play with the "bobs" and its tiring... (so bobs complain how elitist that is and how they have the right to play how they want...)

Bad players are matched against good players and complain how the skill gap makes the game unfun... (so by now they would be happy to even play in their own bubble)

Then there is WG that have the matrix complex of balance where in case too much complexity and skill gap between players they remove any skill base and dumb down everything to pretty lights and smokes.

WoWs in a nutshell

• Cool 4

Players
1,711 posts
8,908 battles
4 hours ago, Rautainen_Biisoni said:

Hello,

Buyout WG and relaunch the game yourself, then you can do what you want til then shut up or put up. You are few, we are many. Who are you to dictate anything?

[NWP]
Players
2,813 posts
16,932 battles
19 hours ago, PassTheSalt said:

PR, really, that crap metric that doesn't account for spotting or tanking, just damage frags and wins..*edited*

The current PR rating is indeed not the best metric (though it's better than WR). Adding more data to it could give the player a better idea of his "rating".

But an overall player rating is kinda meh, and @Rautainen_Biisoni I'd like to know how you see this (cause one number is sketchy imo)

• there is the obvious: solo vs division stats, so which one matters?
  • would you divide it per class?
  • how about a division per (group of) tier(s)?

19 hours ago, lafeel said:

*edited* like to pretend you guys are the only people that have the right to play this game.

Got a newsflash for you, EVERY player does.

And where on earth did OP say that "bad players" are not allowed to play this game?

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
795 posts
4,584 battles

Why don't ya hit up a training room and invite all your top 25% friends?

I highly doubt you have any friends with that attitude tho. 

Good luck! 

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,937 posts
5,356 battles
18 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

And where on earth did OP say that "bad players" are not allowed to play this game?

He didn't as such, he implied they should basically be treated as second class citizens. Guess what? That's even WORSE.

Players
6,606 posts
10,790 battles
16 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

Why don't ya hit up a training room and invite all your top 25% friends?

I highly doubt you have any friends with that attitude tho. 

Two things about that. First: That is actually going on. There are people playing 12vs12, clan vs clan, mixed, shenanigans etc. So people absolutly have the attitude for it. And once you experienced, how good the game can be in such an environment, you kinda spoil randoms for yourself.

Now comes the but: The game is build around grinding. You need credits/XP/free XP/Captain XP to advance in lines, gain coal etc - should be obvious. Thats why it simply isnt an option to play mainly Trainingrooms.

• Cool 2

[TIDES]
[TIDES]
Players
124 posts
4,741 battles

Snowflake.

The game was not made for just you.

*edited*

Edited by G_Bg_82
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[NWP]
Players
2,813 posts
16,932 battles
11 minutes ago, lafeel said:

He didn't as such,

So he didn't say that, then why claim it?

11 minutes ago, lafeel said:

he implied they should basically be treated as second class citizens. Guess what? That's even WORSE.

Ok, so on this new claim: where did he say this? All he said is that he wants an option to play the game with people of his choosing. Call it a new gamemode (as we have ranked, clan battles, co op ...) how is that treating someone as second class?

[WONLY]
Players
427 posts

If you're bad at this game (talking about <500PR dudes with >2k games) ...you are bad on purpose. By refusing to learn any mechanics and ignoring objectives. And this game has way too many players like this. Don't know where the fun part is when you do 20k on average in a t8+ BB. You don't need godlike reactions or amazing aim in this game, just a functional brain.

• Cool 3

Players
2,597 posts
12,958 battles
21 hours ago, Aragathor said:

*edited*

21 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

*edited*

21 hours ago, principat121 said:

please, do us all a favour *edited*

Good player from an old and respectable clan giving up on the game for now. I for one am glad people in his situation make it public with a statement, cause imho a lot of decent players already said "no thanks" to the t(a/u)rd meta and left, but we don't know.

Given what kind of big and free attention WG gets from things like KOTS, which is solely by the "elitists", they should better try to give some more care for the "normal" everyday state of the game (i.e. randoms), and make sure those players don't get driven away.

Followed of course by uplifting comments of that kind of people who for some reason don't like people attacking said t(a/u)rd meta... Yeah what a wonder.

• Cool 6

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,822 posts
8,898 battles

Oh no...

Does someone hurt your feeling?

Didn't you get the attention and affection you think you deserve?

What an ungrateful playerbase!

Those shiny unicums made WoWs great again!

But what do they get in return?!

Nothing!

What a shame!

• Cool 1