Fonfalks

THIS IS STUPIDITY OF HIGHEST ORDER!!!!!!

41 comments in this topic

[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
9,295 battles

Can anyone explain this to me - why are cruisers able to kill BBs 1v1 so effortlessly on Conqueror?????

This just happened in game - i saw Des Moines go in a narrow space, he did not see me. He was full HP, i was at about 80%. So i am thinking ok, this cruiser will die. What happened? He turned and started to run from me. Fair enough. And then we fire at each other. Difference is he is doing so much damage with every salvo while i do so little. My heal was on cd too. So that is how it ended - he killed me. I got him to about 20% he killed me. And what is so infuriating is that distance during all that was from 7 to 11 kms. 

Seems so absurd that cruiser can out damage BB so easy. And i simply had no chance, it was pure 1v1. 

This game is utter joke. Broken, just broken, looks like soon DDs will be outgunning BBs. 

Just stupid joke. 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[CATS]
Players
27,475 posts
14,582 battles

That is a serious hint that you need to get better.

If that ever happened to me, I would stop my gaming session and take break for a couple of days and make a plan on how best to improve.

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
11,303 battles

Idiot with a monquerror firing he at a cruiser, and one with easy citadel but monstruos dpm spotted sir

Beta Tester, Players
495 posts
5,295 battles

dont get ourself caught out with any battleships. cruisers can and will burn you to death, even battleships that come with a free battleship on board can an will get burnt down.

Players
8,404 posts
9,218 battles

Git Gud.

Des Moines is one of those cruisers that dies most easily if you throw a couple salvos of overmatching AP at it without giving it broadside to AP pen you back to port.

Not that you ever heeded any of our advice before though.

[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
9,295 battles
1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

Git Gud.

Des Moines is one of those cruisers that dies most easily if you throw a couple salvos of overmatching AP at it without giving it broadside to AP pen you back to port.

Not that you ever heeded any of our advice before though.

Your "advice" is as worthless as is your understanding of what i describe. I was chasing it. There is no broadside not for me not for cruiser. I was shooting at it with my front cannons, it was shooting at me with its back cannons only turning when i made salvo and shooting front canons and then again turning back. My shells did cause something like 4 fires, while he's caused a lot of fires and just pure damage. 

There was nothing i could have done AT ALL, EXCEPT maybe turn and run at some point, but since we were separated i suspect he would have chased me then seeing how easy it is to do damage to Conq. 

• Angry 1

Players
8,404 posts
9,218 battles
10 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

Your "advice" is as worthless as is your understanding of what i describe. I was chasing it. There is no broadside not for me not for cruiser. I was shooting at it with my front cannons, it was shooting at me with its back cannons only turning when i made salvo and shooting front canons and then again turning back. My shells did cause something like 4 fires, while he's caused a lot of fires and just pure damage. 

There was nothing i could have done AT ALL, EXCEPT maybe turn and run at some point, but since we were separated i suspect he would have chased me then seeing how easy it is to do damage to Conq. 

There's one thing you could've done: Load AP.

All you described is that you are being about as much of a noob shooting HE at cruisers as most of us were expecting. Thus your BB got its a** handed to it by one of the highest dpm cruisers in the game, because you didn't utilise the alpha strike potential your BB had with AP that goes straight through Des Moines armour (due to overmatch) and likely into the citadel... from any angle. 

At 7-11 km, you can one or two-salvo a Des Moines with basically any BB that has more than 40.6 cm caliber and can encounter Des Moines. Only cruiser easier to delete at any angle at T10 is Minotaur. 

[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
9,295 battles
26 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

There's one thing you could've done: Load AP.

All you described is that you are being about as much of a noob shooting HE at cruisers as most of us were expecting. Thus your BB got its a** handed to it by one of the highest dpm cruisers in the game, because you didn't utilise the alpha strike potential your BB had with AP that goes straight through Des Moines armour (due to overmatch) and likely into the citadel... from any angle. 

At 7-11 km, you can one or two-salvo a Des Moines with basically any BB that has more than 40.6 cm caliber and can encounter Des Moines. Only cruiser easier to delete at any angle at T10 is Minotaur. 

It is called in your dreams. 

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
27,475 posts
14,582 battles
35 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

I suggest to look at the back of the DM. You will see that her back armor is not angled and very thin...

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,374 posts
9,371 battles

Now you're just throwing them out, aren't you? How long will it take you to stop whining?

10 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

And then we fire at each other. Difference is he is doing so much damage with every salvo while i do so little. My heal was on cd too. So that is how it ended - he killed me. I got him to about 20% he killed me. And what is so infuriating is that distance during all that was from 7 to 11 kms. 

Seems so absurd that cruiser can out damage BB so easy. And i simply had no chance, it was pure 1v1.  

This game is utter joke. Broken, just broken, looks like soon DDs will be outgunning BBs

Two can play at that game:

It's absurd that a battleship can have better concealment than a cruiser. It's absurd that a battleship can have a heal that can bring it from the brink of death back to almost 100% with a single charge. It's absurd that it can just spam HE around and still deal 10K per salvo plus 2-3 perma fires.

US heavy cruisers have very good shells. Also he must've been very good at dodging, which means he knew how to play his ship very well while you didn't. If I realised I couldn't kill him by chasing him, I'd just turn around and put some distance between him and me. He has slower shells so he'd be at a disadvantage. It's also possible that you did nothing wrong, but that the DM player was just that good, but regardless of that the result was the same. You don't get to blame someone for outplaying you. You can only blame yourself and strive to get better.

• Cool 1

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
11,303 battles
11 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I try to avoid these situations in battleships, because you are more rng dependent.

Seems like a smart DM player so I doubt ap would have worked.

O yeah, 2 days ago a dm tried to do the same to me ( bowtanking) in my conqueror at 11 kms...what happened? I started closing the distance with ap: 

1st salvo 22k of damage

2nd salvo 18k of damahe

3rd salvo: full hp dm dead

I have lost 35k of damage in the process, 26 of witch  i repaired with a single button.

With the difference that he was bowtanking, so some shell had bounced off the belt, meanwhile you had someone who was showing hid nice flat butt

Players
7,165 posts
245 battles
18 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

People are giving you decent and great advice and you seem to be shoving it back into their faces.

i know little about the conqueror and des moines (except from vids) so if these experienced players are giving you sound advice on how to deal with such a ship you should take it.

not being rude just saying.

• Cool 1

Players
853 posts
907 battles
20 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

Difference is he is doing so much damage with every salvo while i do so little

There's your answer right there, Fonfalks.

You got one of the typical WG 'arranged' results.

Enemy was, surprisingly, hitting you all or most of the time while you were barely hitting at all (while the enemy was 'running' away).

I am sure you were aiming properly. How to understand this?

Easy - it was the blatant WG  win or lose 'arrangement'. The WG algorithms were not on your side that battle.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
853 posts
907 battles
10 hours ago, domen3 said:

You don't get to blame someone for outplaying you

Exactly. It really wrankles, especially,  if you know/think you got the advantage. Some of these Ship Handlers are 'that' good.

Sometimes, tho, it is the WG targeting resolutions that 'arrange' the result so OP can have his (partially justified) rant too.

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,866 battles
Vor 7 Minuten, antean sagte:

There's your answer right there, Fonfalks.

You got one of the typical WG 'arranged' results.

Enemy was, surprisingly, hitting you all or most of the time while you were barely hitting at all (while the enemy was 'running' away).

I am sure you were aiming properly. How to understand this?

Easy - it was the blatant WG  win or lose 'arrangement'. The WG algorithms were not on your side that battle.

YouWriteNonsense.png.4f43266153ad94c8f2759d6af83e65d6.png

• Funny 5

Players
853 posts
907 battles
11 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

He can be as smart as he wants, thanks to overmatch AP always works. That is of course only when the Conq is not as bad as OP here.

I'm surprised someone with your titles is here trashing other posters rather than explaining any errors in their opinions.

31 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

YouWriteNonsense.png.4f43266153ad94c8f2759d6af83e65d6.png

your image is funny

So my post is unsubstantiated nonsense?

A player can do everything right in a 1v1 battle & still have WG blatantly 'arrange' targeting resolutions. This happens far too often for this to be 'co-incidental'.

Go ahead, Cornflakes, you & your forum fellow 'trolls' can try to stifle valid criticisms & opinions that differ from your WG produced 'kool-aid'.

Have some more WG 'kool-aid'. Drink it all up. Whatever WG produces 'must' be good. Drink it up, believers.

It isn't always the player who lost or died who could/should have done better.

Sometimes it's a WG 'arrangement' (to put it politely/respectfully) that is the determining factor.

I am sure, Cornflakes, this is one reason why players of all ability (poor to excellent) quit the game. They get sick of the WG bull excrement.

This is my opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm sure my opinion is wrong (at times). I'm sure my opinion is right (at times). 

• Boring 1

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,866 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, antean sagte:

I'm surprised someone with your titles is here trashing other posters rather than explaining any errors in their opinions.

Look at his answers, he does not want any advice nor is he willing to accept it. I do help a lot in the forum, but I know a lost case when I see one.

Vor 4 Minuten, antean sagte:

So my post is unsubstantiated nonsense?

Yes, it is. Unless of course you can show any proof? If so, go ahead ;)

Vor 7 Minuten, antean sagte:

This is my opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion.

Of course you are, but this is not an opinion, this is you making a claim. An opinion would be something like "Bismarck is the best-looking ship" or "I'd prefer if WG would reduce the RNG to make the game more skill-dependant".

Saying that WG rigs the game is not an opinion and you are not entitled to say stuff like that without offering any kind of proof.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
9,295 battles
13 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Look at his answers, he does not want any advice nor is he willing to accept it. I do help a lot in the forum, but I know a lost case when I see one.

Yes, it is. Unless of course you can show any proof? If so, go ahead ;)

Of course you are, but this is not an opinion, this is you making a claim. An opinion would be something like "Bismarck is the best-looking ship" or "I'd prefer if WG would reduce the RNG to make the game more skill-dependant".

Saying that WG rigs the game is not an opinion and you are not entitled to say stuff like that without offering any kind of proof.

Saying that WG does not rig the game is just plain idiocy. RNG when shooting is so blatant and obvious that to deny it is ABSURD. Even at very close distance you can miss every shot from perfectly aimed salvo. This has happened 1000s of times to me. Even at distances as low as 5 - 7 kms it is possible for a slavo that is perfectly aimed at ships citadel, and i am not talking about small ships, i am talking cruisers and BBs, to go in water or over the ship. Because idiotic RNG is idiotic and it can affect 1 salvo, then another, then another, it is utterly random. In some games it screws you over harder in others its less present. There is no doubt that there is some kind of algoritm at work here. 

It is so noticeable when playing for many games in same ship in a row. Some games aim is good. Then next game, playing same ship, shooting 100% same as previous game at same ships in same situations nothing hits or you get constant 1k hits. It is just  a fact, to deny it is proof that you either do not play game or lie. 

• Cool 2

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,866 battles
Vor 13 Minuten, Fonfalks sagte:

it is utterly random

Exactly, it is random, not rigged. Maybe you should have continued school after 4th class, then you'd know what random means...

Rigged would mean that one player always gets good dispersions while another player always gets bad dispersion. Getting a few good salvos and a few bad salvos is the perfect definition of RNG.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[QARTV]
Players
455 posts
9,295 battles
11 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Exactly, it is random, not rigged. Maybe you should have continued school after 4th class, then you'd know what random means...

Rigged would mean that one player always gets good dispersions while another player always gets bad dispersion. Getting a few good salvos and a few bad salvos is the perfect definition of RNG.

Maybe you should realize that randomness can VERY EASY lead to situations where some people get very good salvos very often while some get very bad even more often. 

But it is pointless to argue with WG trolls.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[STEG]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
206 posts
10,385 battles

Use AP, don't fire all your guns at once. Don't show all your cards right away, and punish him for taking chances. If he dodges the first salvo, and turns to fire his guns, then it is your chance to hit him hard. 

RNG adds a spice to the game. Sometimes it is not possible to start a fire using HE in a game, and then in the next game "every" other salvo starts a fire. It might be frustrating, but that is how the game works. It can be great to citadel a cruiser from 20 km, and frustrating to miss at 8 km. Remember that RNG works the same regardless of skill. For me a mix of RNG and skill makes the game more interesting. Wargaming just need to find the correct share of RNG in the game. Maybe there is too much RNG in the game now, maybe not.

• Cool 1

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,866 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, Fonfalks sagte:

Maybe you should realize that randomness can VERY EASY lead to situations where some people get very good salvos very often while some get very bad even more often.  

But it is pointless to argue with WG trolls.

Of course it can, that's the exact definition of random. That's still far away from the rigged nonsense you are writing here.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1